First London show is soldout

gnrkoncerti

How do you get the interactive map thing up?

I want to see it for the other venues :xmasssanta:

this is a ticketmaster thing, some venues have and others don't have (;

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

View PostCAFC Nick, on 26 March 2012 - 05:11 AM, said:

View Postpi2loc, on 26 March 2012 - 04:59 AM, said:

Cool. 20,000 tickets sold?

View Postgnrkoncerti, on 26 March 2012 - 03:04 AM, said:

In whole world except US,Gnr have cult status and can sellout arenas and stadiums

True.

I disagree with that statement to a certain degree.

I'm actually fairly surprised that the 31st May London show is sold out seeing as they only toured here a year and a half ago. I went to back-to-back London dates then and while the first show was packed, the second show wasn't so. I can only assume that the June 1st show will be even less so than the second show last time.

well man,relax.I said gnr can sellout arenas in Europe,SA,Japan,Asia and Australia.And that is fact,as we could see in 2010.Also first show is London is soldout,and this is another fact and great succsess.Don't be so negative

There's a difference between negativity and realism.

I've got tickets for both shows (31st May and 1st June) and I went to the back-to-back shows in 2010 (13th and 14th October), and as X_Patience_X said, the top tier was curtained off. They had also been giving away tickets for free on the day of the show.

Again, a difference between negativity and being realistic, and based on past events, its highly unlikely that they will sell out a second show.

Hey man the point is GNr can sell out arenas across the globe except US.As you said they sold out first London gig,and after that they added new date.Nobody talking about second date sellout.

REality is>GNR sold out London gig and added second.

Some information about second gig,on upper level only 1000 left.Don;t get me wrong,but there is more than 2 months till the show

Yes,the UK/euro/overseas tour is shaping up well :thumbsup:

Show my clueless fellow Americans how it's done.

Exactly Catcher! I'm American as well,and America has shit for taste in music at this time.

They do, they are more focused on stupid protests and this retarded election.

Actually the biggest problem with the American tour is that they book them last minute. So the last two tours people like me were unable to go because we werent given time to plan ahead. Overseas they gave them months to prepare.

Maybe if they are going to come to the us, they should book the dates now.

Exactly Catcher! I'm American as well,and America has shit for taste in music at this time.

Actually the biggest problem with the American tour is that they book them last minute. So the last two tours people like me were unable to go because we werent given time to plan ahead. Overseas they gave them months to prepare.

Nice Input Catcher, the US is in a state of disarray right now,with all the political clowns pushing their agendas. Civil disobedience is warranted when you live in an Animal Farm.

The advance on further US tours,and the time element is a viable concern/question/statement. It's been common practice to time the overseas tours more in advance than the US tours,but remember UCAP was a club tour. :)

Nice Input Catcher, the US is in a state of disarray right now,with all the political clowns pushing their agendas. Civil disobedience is warranted when you live in an Animal Farm.

The advance on further US tours,and the time element is a viable concern/question/statement. It's been common practice to time the overseas tours more in advance than the US tours,but remember UCAP was a club tour. :)

I agree with you guys. I won't count the UCAP tour since it was just a little thing for the fans, but as far as the 2011 tour went, it was ridiculous that only a few dates were being announced at a time. I was fortunately able to go but many people were unable to make plans to go or book the time off work needed to attend. It sucks because people should be seeing this band.

I agree with you guys. I won't count the UCAP tour since it was just a little thing for the fans, but as far as the 2011 tour went, it was ridiculous that only a few dates were being announced at a time. I was fortunately able to go but many people were unable to make plans to go or book the time off work needed to attend. It sucks because people should be seeing this band.

Definately! Good Point about people needing to make plans,I work on a flexible schedule and honestly overlook the situation some people face w/job,kid care etc.

Still have no tolerance for people complaining about time,though.Christ,it's a concert! Throw away the clock and enjoy the experience.

yes,but only 300 left for first show and more than 2 months...somebody want to bet with me that both shows will be sellout

I will gladly take that bet.

It's also worth remembering that London is the live music capital of the world.

During the trial of Michael Jackson's doctor (found guilty of his manslaughter last year), Randy Phillips (an American), the head of AEG Live - one of the biggest concert promoters in the world - said this: "London was chosen for the comeback because it was 'the hottest concert market in the world, bigger than New York and Toronto combined.'"

The O2 Arena in London is the most popular music venue in the world with more tickets being sold per year than any other music venue in the world. It sold more than 50% more tickets than Madison Square Garden in 2010/11.

You then have Wembley Stadium, one of the most iconic live music venues in the world. Hyde Park also hosts countless festivals and concerts every year. And then the UK in general has some of the best music festivals - from the massive such as Glastonbury, Download/Donington, Reading & Leeds, Isle Of Wight to countless other smaller festivals.

Edited by Original GNR

It's also worth remembering that London is the live music capital of the world.

During the trial of Michael Jackson's doctor (found guilty of his manslaughter last year), Randy Phillips (an American), the head of AEG Live - one of the biggest concert promoters in the world - said this: "London was chosen for the comeback because it was 'the hottest concert market in the world, bigger than New York and Toronto combined.'"

The O2 Arena in London is the most popular music venue in the world with more tickets being sold per year than any other music venue in the world. It sold more than 50% more tickets than Madison Square Garden in 2010/11.

You then have Wembley Stadium, one of the most iconic live music venues in the world. Hyde Park also hosts countless festivals and concerts every year. And then the UK in general has some of the best music festivals - from the massive such as Glastonbury, Download/Donington, Reading & Leeds, Isle Of Wight to countless other smaller festivals.

London has always been a good market for live music,nice point! :thumbsup:

Well, the Dallas show looked pretty close to being sold out to me. Hard to tell because of the Pit and the lawn behind the seats, but it looked close to being sold out.

I've been to tons of Dallas shows since the 2000's here in Dallas and there's always tons of rock fans there. Even all the 80's hair metal bands sell out well.

New bands like A7X and Bullet for my Valentine and even HIM sell out the venues they play.

It's just that the so called music channels don't play much hard rock bands anymore, but the on demand channels have tons of rock and metal videos.

Rock is still alive and well in the US, but yeah I think GNR are bigger in most other countries, but maybe after last year's US tour, that might change.

By looks of it there's 890 seats left available for the first show.

For the second show, it looks like they aren't selling the upper tier (or they may do so, if it sells out quick enough). But there's 1255 seats available + standing still available.

For the second show, it looks like they aren't selling the upper tier (or they may do so, if it sells out quick enough). But there's 1255 seats available + standing still available.

it's great two months before show...i'm sure it'll be bettet than 2010

these numbers are great,don't forget there are two months before first show...it'll be better than 2010

it's great two months before show...i'm sure it'll be bettet than 2010

these numbers are great,don't forget there are two months before first show...it'll be better than 2010

Agreed, both shows will be a sellout by the concert, it's just whether they choose to open the top tier and try to sell it or not.

Edit: since then they seem to have sold 2 tickets in the first gig, and 25 in the second.

Edited by Guest

I agree, I'm from the US and you won't believe the amount of liberal sheep here that obey whatever their professors or media tells them. It's pathetic. Just look up the case of that 17 year old kid who was killed by that neighborhood watch guy. Facts are still emerging, and people are so quick to want to hang the guy and praise the budding gangster.

The US is full of useless idiots. Hopefully one day something happens and we can get our rights back. The U.S. Constitution has been set on fire, and left to burn for far too long. Both the Democrats and Republicans have contributed to the destruction of this nation.

Edited by Sweersa

I agree, I'm from the US and you won't believe the amount of liberal sheep here that obey whatever their professors or media tells them. It's pathetic. Just look up the case of that 17 year old kid who was killed by that neighborhood watch guy. Facts are still emerging, and people are so quick to want to hang the guy and praise the budding gangster.

The US is full of useless idiots. Hopefully one day something happens and we can get our rights back. The U.S. Constitution has been set on fire, and left to burn for far too long. Both the Democrats and Republicans have contributed to the destruction of this nation.

"budding gangster?" Racist.

Zimmerman should have been arrested a month ago. He stalked and killed a child in cold blood.

"Reality has a liberal bias"--Stephen Colbert

Edited by RichardNixon

"budding gangster?" Racist.

You're the only one that mentioned race, so it's actually kind of racist that you assumed anything he said was in reference to the kid being black. Perhaps his comments were in reference to reports of the kid beating up a bus driver and getting caught with drugs. Referring to him as a "budding gangster" based on that would have nothing to do with race at all. But since in your head "gangster" = "black," it was actually you being racist.

Zimmerman should have been arrested a month ago. He stalked and killed a child in cold blood.

Really? Were you there? If so, have you let the police know that you witnessed the act? Otherwise, how would you know one way or the other what happened?

Of course calling him a "budding gangster" has a racist undertone. If the victim had been white that kind of language, i.e. "gangster" would not have been used in the original post. And whatever this kid may or may not have done in the past in not relevant.

Any reasonable person following this case knows that Zimmerman should have been arrested a month ago. No, I was not there; I'm going by the 911 tapes and the fact that a kid was stalked by a wanna-be cop in his car with a loaded gun, while Zimmerman was armed only with skittles. The fact that Zimmerman claimed to have been attacked and suffered injuries when new tapes show him just fine shortly after the incident shows him to be a liar. Yes, he deserves a fair trial, but the time has come for a formal trial and an arrest.

If you spent less time on the internet as a wanna-be insider making an ass of yourself here and on the Velvet Rope and spent more time reading and following this case, you may have some kind of informed opinion. This will be the last time I address you on this subject because, frankly, you are a clown and not worth my time.

When I hear the word "gangster," I think of a criminal. If you think of a black person, then you are the racist.

Not necessarily. If a significantly higher proportion of gangsters are black people then thinking of black people when hearing the word "gangster" is justified. If you, on the other hand, say that any gangster is a black person, or even worse, that any black person is a gangster, you are wrong and could be racist. But if you are in fact aware of the correlations between different groups of people and use this knowledge to make justified assumptions about connections, then you are not necessarily a racist, but you are also necessarily knowledgeable. It's the same thing with profiling. Some morons think it is racist to do more thorough security checks on women travelling for certain countries to my country although it is statistically proven that they carry drugs with a higher frequency and that efficient drug screening must by necessity require a profiling of these women.

Neither of us has any way of knowing if the original poster would have referred to the kid as a "budding gangster" if his skin color had been different, but for you to assume it was related to his skin color makes you the racist in the situation, not the original poster.

Not if there is a significantly higher proportion of black gangsters, then it is a justifiable assumption. You starting to call people racist based on what could have been a justifiable assumption, is actually a lot worse because it is such an effective and dishonest trick to scare away discussion opponents (especially in the US with their absurd fear of being called a racist).

Why are you in such a rush to have this guy arrested?

Because killers shouldn't be on the loose?

Why not allow the investigation to take place?

Why are you arguing as if he doesn't want the investigation to take place. In fact, it seems like he wants the investigation to take place faster. The shocking thing here is not that a -- presumably -- racist guy follows a black kid and shoots him down, because that happens frequently enough, but that according to state laws (Hold Your Ground) the murderer can get away with it if he claims he was attacked (!). Only in the US...

Why are you so emotionally invested in an incident you know nothing about?

Why do you insist that he doesn't know anything about the incident? Are you saying that the media reports are lying? Are you saying someone weren't shot? Are you saying the person didn't disobey the police and followed the kid? Are you saying the murderer is still not free to commit more killings? Of course he knows something about the incident, like we all do. Why are you are so hopelessly inaccurate in your way of discussing?

And are you saying it is not possible to become emotionally invested in incidents where you are not personally involved?

Do you allow your television to control all of your emotions?

What an absurd and ugly thing to say. You really are bad at arguing.

Edited by SoulMonster

Here is why you fail Soul Monster. You fail because your attempt to explain why Nixon wasn't being racist simply supported the premise that Sweersa wasn't being racist. And since you gloriously accidentally explained why Sweersa wasn't being racist, you end up proving my point that Nixon was being racist. So, either you didn't read the thread thoroughly and didn't realize what I was saying, or, you were so desperate to try to correct me, that all you did was cement my position that Sweersa wasn't being racist.

I don't really care about who I end up supporting or not, my point was merely to point out the flaw in your argument that someone is a racist for supposing that a gangster is a black person.

You say that "killers" shouldn't be on the loose, but in some instances they should be on the loose and one of those instances is if they killed in self defense. So, by using the word killer instead of murderer, you fail again, because nobody is disputing whether he's a killer nor is anybody disputing that those who kill in self defense should be on the loose.

Of course I meant killers under investigation shouldn't be on the loose. Otherwise the only interpretation would be that I mean that killers who have served their jail-time, or who have been found not guilty of any crimes, should be in jail indefinitely. But I do appreciate the fact that you have resorted to nitpicking semantics ;).

I insist that he doesn't know what happened because a) he wasn't there, B) the investigation is still on going, c) there have been several conflicting media reports and d) the internet and international media have spread an overwhelming amount of disinformation.

So yes, in short, the media lies.

Did you know there is a strong correlation between conspiracy theorists and low IQ? :D

And no, the person didn't disobey the police, so again, you fail. They disobeyed a 911 operator that they were under no legal obligation to obey.

You are right, on this point I was misinformed and hence wrong.

We don't know yet if he's a murderer, so you saying "the murderer" is free to commit more killings is again a failure on your part.

You are arguing the difference between 'killier' and 'murder.' And yes, he might only be a "killer" according to your laws, but according to my laws he is a murderer. But since you insist on evading the issue by focusing on semantics (and neglecting the fact that I wrote killer later on in the same sentence), let me rephrase my questions accordingly: Are you saying the killer is not free to commit more killings? Because you see, that's my point here, someone under investigation for after taking another person's life, should not be on the loose. And yes, I know some US state laws may disagree with me, but this isn't a discussion about laws but about morality.

So, to recap, you gave a thorough explanation supporting my premise that Sweersa isn't racist, somehow thinking it would make me look bad to prove me right.

I pointed out that you arguing that someone is racist just because they assume a gangster is black, is dishonest argumentation and shows you to be the type of person who will stifle a debate by using the race card. And yes, that makes you look really bad, I am afraid.

You were incorrect about whether killers should be on the loose.

No, in fact I am very correct when I say that any person who kills another person, while under investigation, should not be on the loose until the incident has been thoroughly investigated ;). It is a moral question, not a legal question.

In conclusion, you were wrong time and time again on many levels. You seem like a nice enough fellow, but to try to argue the nuances of a language you struggle with against a person who is well versed in the nuances of the language is just plain silly.

I am not trying to argue "the nuances of a language", but your insistence on doing just that demonstrates that you are uncomfortable discussing the case on any other level.

Again, I'm sorry I had stuff you wanted and didn't give it to you.

Whut? I have never asked anything from you, or does my memory fail me again? Are you so uncomfortable with me discussing with you that you are going to set up a new lie, this time trying to make the forum believe I am out on a vendetta against you because you haven't shared anything with me? Oooh, you are so wicked.

You don't have the intelligence or command of the language to out argue me and the fights you pick are on subjects I'm much more knowledgeable of than you.

Like your insistence that it is racist to assume that a gangster is black? Or your insistence that statements are automagically facts? Or your confusion about "riffs" and "songs"? ;). I would be the first to agree you are better at English than me, but I can live with that. I am certain I speak your language better than you speak mine.

I had to remove some redundant arguments and leave out some comments because of the maximum number of allowed quotes in a post.

Edited by SoulMonster