First London show is soldout

gnrkoncerti

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

first

Guns N’ Roses Plot New UK Date Due To High Demand

Thin Lizzy will be providing support for Axl & co.

Posted 25th March 2012, 11:01am in News, by DIY News Desk

Guns N’ Roses Guns N' Roses have revealed plans to perform another UK date due to high demand and sold out shows.

The band were already scheduled to perform at London's O2 this summer but will now follow their sold-out 31 May show with a second performance the day after on 1 June 2012.

Axl Rose and his classic rock troupe are set to head over to the UK during May for eight dates taking into account the new addition, starting in Nottingham on the 19th before finishing up at London's o2 Arena at the beginning of June.

Guns N' Roses will be supported by Thin Lizzy, with Scott Gorham stating: “To tour with a band the calibre of Guns N’ Roses is an honour and a privilege. Being on the road with a great band who are also great friends is the perfect way to go. It¹s like one big family, so can’t wait to see you all out there.”

The dates are (or so we're told):

MAY

19 NOTTINGHAM Arena

20 LIVERPOOL Echo Arena

23 NEWCASTLE Metro

25 GLASGOW SECC

26 BIRMINGHAM LG Arena

29 MANCHESTER Arena

31 LONDON The O2

JUNE

01 LONDON The O2

Guns N' Roses will also be performing at this year's EXIT festival, joining the likes of New Order, Richie Hawtin, Gossip, Wolfmother, and Buraka Som Sistema, who've all already been confirmed,

This year EXIT will take place from 12th - 15th July, in Novi Sad, Serbia. Tickets are on sale now.

second

Guns N’Roses’ add new UK date

By Adam Barber / 25 March 2012 / 0 comments

After a sell-out for May 31st, Axl Rose has added another date to his o2 Arena show – June 1st.

It has also been announced that Thin Lizzy will support Guns N’Roses on both dates.

Guns N’Roses are playing across Europe this summer and are set to lap up the festival sun across the Mediterranean .

Stay on top of stories like this, follow us at twitter.com/imediamonkey.

Cool. 20,000 tickets sold?

In whole world except US,Gnr have cult status and can sellout arenas and stadiums

True.

I disagree with that statement to a certain degree.

I'm actually fairly surprised that the 31st May London show is sold out seeing as they only toured here a year and a half ago. I went to back-to-back London dates then and while the first show was packed, the second show wasn't so. I can only assume that the June 1st show will be even less so than the second show last time.

In whole world except US,Gnr have cult status and can sellout arenas and stadiums

True.

I'm actually fairly surprised that the 31st May London show is sold out seeing as they only toured here a year and a half ago. I went to back-to-back London dates then and while the first show was packed, the second show wasn't so. I can only assume that the June 1st show will be even less so than the second show last time.

I got myself a standing ticket yesterday for the 1st June show off Ticketmaster, no problem. I guess even the touts aren't bothering to pick up that many tickets for the 2nd show.

^Agreed. Seems like a bad move to add another show after just selling out 1/6 shows (admittedly it's the London show but still...)

Anyhow this gives me a chance to attend at least one of their shows since my exams will be over by then! :D

Edited by KiraMPD

View PostCAFC Nick, on 26 March 2012 - 05:11 AM, said:

View Postpi2loc, on 26 March 2012 - 04:59 AM, said:

View Postgnrkoncerti, on 26 March 2012 - 03:04 AM, said:

True.

well man,relax.I said gnr can sellout arenas in Europe,SA,Japan,Asia and Australia.And that is fact,as we could see in 2010.Also first show is London is soldout,and this is another fact and great succsess.Don't be so negative

Edited by gnrkoncerti

True.

well man,relax.I said gnr can sellout arenas in Europe,SA,Japan,Asia and Australia.And that is fact,as we could see in 2010.Also first show is London is soldout,and this is another fact and great succsess.Don't be so negative

Oh, don't get confused by the automerged-doublepost bullshit bro. I said that is true what you said about US but I was also asking how much tickets have been sold at the O2 Arena. :thumbsup:

From my observations Gnr is the biggest than they've been since the mid 90s. Its becoming well-established that you can hate on Axl and the band but go to the shows, tell all your friends, and enjoy yourself immensely. It's a combination of the bands' efforts paying off handsomely, and the musical climate changing and coming back around to Gnr (methinks).

Edited by Eu4ic

True.

Oh, don't get confused by the automerged-doublepost bullshit bro. I said that is true what you said about US but I was also asking how much tickets have been sold at the O2 Arena. :thumbsup:

sorry bro,wrong qoute...You and me have same opinion...sorry

True.

The 2nd time they had closed off the upper tier because they didn't sell out so the capacity went down from 22,000, to probably something around 17,500. It'll be interesting to see if they can do better this time!

True.

There's a difference between negativity and realism.

I've got tickets for both shows (31st May and 1st June) and I went to the back-to-back shows in 2010 (13th and 14th October), and as X_Patience_X said, the top tier was curtained off. They had also been giving away tickets for free on the day of the show.

Again, a difference between negativity and being realistic, and based on past events, its highly unlikely that they will sell out a second show.

True.

I've got tickets for both shows (31st May and 1st June) and I went to the back-to-back shows in 2010 (13th and 14th October), and as X_Patience_X said, the top tier was curtained off. They had also been giving away tickets for free on the day of the show.

Again, a difference between negativity and being realistic, and based on past events, its highly unlikely that they will sell out a second show.

Hey man the point is GNr can sell out arenas across the globe except US.As you said they sold out first London gig,and after that they added new date.Nobody talking about second date sellout.

REality is>GNR sold out London gig and added second.

Some information about second gig,on upper level only 1000 left.Don;t get me wrong,but there is more than 2 months till the show

True.

Hey man the point is GNr can sell out arenas across the globe except US.As you said they sold out first London gig,and after that they added new date.Nobody talking about second date sellout.

Some information about second gig,on upper level only 1000 left.Don;t get me wrong,but there is more than 2 months till the show

gnrkoncerti - just wondering about the upper level at the O2 for the second night. I've just looked on Ticketmaster and seen on the seat planner that there is no availability whatsoever in the top bit... Given that there are still seats available for the lower tier (which are arguably much better seats) it does make me wonder whether or not the top section is on sale at all. Did you see the seat plan earlier and see that there were tickets available in the top section at one point?

At the moment I have tickets for both nights (there was no Friday option when the Thursday went on sale, so I got what I could!) and I'll be looking to sell the Thursday tickets on here at face value at some point, but then again I want to go to a show with a huge crowd if possible... So if the top section is going to be closed off on the Friday, my girlfriend and I might re-evaluate which show we go to.

True.

gnrkoncerti - just wondering about the upper level at the O2 for the second night. I've just looked on Ticketmaster and seen on the seat planner that there is no availability whatsoever in the top bit... Given that there are still seats available for the lower tier (which are arguably much better seats) it does make me wonder whether or not the top section is on sale at all. Did you see the seat plan earlier and see that there were tickets available in the top section at one point?

At the moment I have tickets for both nights (there was no Friday option when the Thursday went on sale, so I got what I could!) and I'll be looking to sell the Thursday tickets on here at face value at some point, but then again I want to go to a show with a huge crowd if possible... So if the top section is going to be closed off on the Friday, my girlfriend and I might re-evaluate which show we go to.

When they did the shows in October, both nights were insane. First night was more packed and intense in the standing areas, the second show was less busy but still incredible....and don't forget that second show had a surprise visit by Mr. Duff McKagan :)

yes,but only 300 left for first show and more than 2 months...somebody want to bet with me that both shows will be sellout

How do you get the interactive map thing up?

I want to see it for the other venues :xmasssanta:

yes,but only 300 left for first show and more than 2 months...somebody want to bet with me that both shows will be sellout

The 2nd show definitely won't sell out, but will be 70% sold ish, then they'll curtain off the top tier again to make it look like full capacity.