If Slash were to relase a covers album..

vaida

This is hard to do because are we to imagine Myles singing? No one singing? I dunno...

Something completely outside of the blues and "classic rock". Maybe something like an early Modest Mouse song like Teeth Like God's Shoeshine or something wild like anything on the first side of Talking Heads' Remain In Light.

I just want him to branch out more, he's so stuck in this classic rock/modern rock mold...

neither is likely.

I realize that but after hearing the solo stuff over the years one thing they need more Slash in it. An instrumental would be great even an EP

That's what I was thinking. No vocals. Slash fans would love it, me included.

A studio recording of The Theme from the Godfather would be killer too.

Feel the blues. Killer performance IMO.

Man Slash used to be such a fucking bad-ass!!! Since Libertad something has just not been right for me. Hopefully on the new album he brings it back!! :thumbsup:

Edited by MJG

if he carries on solo, we'll probably get instrumentals here and there. But to sit down and write a whole album like that. I don't think it can be forced, and he's said he's not even a fan of instrumental albums.

Hey man a few instrumentals in the album would suit me just fine. Does not need to be forced, he has amazing feeling when he plays, we would know what the song is about or the emotion behind it without vocals :)

A Blues Ball album should've been made back in the 90s. Their setlist was awesome at those shows.

Magic Carpet Ride

Knockin' on Heavens Door

Night Prowler

Key to the Highway

Bring it on Home

Hoochie Coochie Man

Use Me

Always on the Run

The Thrill is Gone

Oh Well

Crossroads

Superstitious

Funk #49

Stone Free

No covers album and no instrumental album. Both snoozers. Would far prefer he do another solo album with a variety of singers than a covers album, but ultimately Slash works best in a band environment.

Edited by Turn_It_Up

Topic's not about an instrumental album though...would be interesting to see what songs people would like to hear Slash take a crack at.

Why can't he cover some instrumentals?

that way we get the covers and more Slash :)

But since this is not about an instrumental thing, anything by aerosmith in the 70's would suffice me

Edited by gunsguy

but ultimately Slash works best in a band environment.

if it's a band like Snakepit or The Conspirators, then yes. But if it's a band like VR he gets restricted too much.

I'll agree with that. That is one of the reason's I was disappointed with VR, they are good but I wanted more Slash.

if it's a band like Snakepit or The Conspirators, then yes. But if it's a band like VR he gets restricted too much.

Which is actually surprising,... considering VR has 2 other GNR members... :question:

LA

Which is actually surprising,... considering VR has 2 other GNR members... :question:

LA

Yeah, I gotta put that one on Slash--if he was restricted. His band, 2 fellow Gunners, Kushner who seems very low maintenance. Besides, listened to CB again in its entirety the other day for the 1st time in a long time, and even more amazing than I remembered, including Slash.

Most of the issues with Libertad was 3/4 of the band having big substance issues, turmoil following Axl's revelations about Slash's visit to his home, etc. Still a pretty good album and damn good when considering all the shit going down around them. They pretty much went into the studio with O'Brien and put things together on the spot.

CB rocks like an absolute motherfucker. rock4

Edited by Turn_It_Up