Axl Rose not attending HOF

Tabitha27

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If axl played with the old lineup it would discredit the new band and any material they plan on releasing. One night of reunion would dump all the ahit he's been working on. Plus. It's the rock hall of fame. It really has very little to do with the fans.

LOL.

If axl played with the old lineup it would discredit the new band and any material they plan on releasing. One night of reunion would dump all the ahit he's been working on. Plus. It's the rock hall of fame. It really has very little to do with the fans.

I disagree with this.

If Axl turned up and the five of them shared the stage together and thanked each other and their fans that would have been something.

Nevermind the idea of them playing together.

If Axl did turn up and alluded to the idea of a reunion (which lets be honest, he wouldn't do) I think that would damage the current band but to stand together for a few minutes with the guys who he went through a lot with to accept an induction?

Axl could have wished the guys well and say goodnight to the hall by throwing the microphone into the audience.

"We were" Guns N' Roses...Good F'n...Night!"

Edited by ChineseDemocracy2004

54 User(s) are reading this topic

54 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

syhead,exnavymike,bigburgersforerryone,Onun,Pico,Karri,Young_Gun,slash433,sweetness,randallllllll,The Glow Inc.,deangrace,kronox20022002,Appetite for Original,cassette tape hiss,Janis,Fedex,sackdad,c.p.,bodine,gunnerjames,k12,twenty-nine,RandallFlagg,billyshears,my world,Heey,nassonbama,rotor,Meanmachine22,gokken,gnrjanus,GNRLived,Lines&Noses,ChineseDemocracy2004,OTHAFA,Dexter,titchy000,pagge,Mr_Sparkle,patmac54,ironmt,suckerpunched03,LA_0013,DazRose01,crackerman85,brum2012,tony73,HubbaBubba,Illusion1970,Scream of the Butterfly,p-man,flickn,October

There's something good in all this bullshit. Now we really knows that THE REAL GN'F'R is definitely OVER. It's time to move on. Go search for another bands, another great music. I used to be a huge GN'R fan. Axl WAS the best frontman ever. Slash, a guitarhero. I hear GN'R since I was 13. I'm 30 now.

I saw the "new GN'R" (LOL) in São Paulo and, oh boy, that day I realize that GN'R does not exist since 1994. That's it.

I always had hope that, onde day, these guys could get over thair differences and make best music again. As We rode on Axl's letter, life is not always as we wish.

It will be cool if the rest of the REAL GN'R represents the REAL BAND in RRHOF. Perhaps, they could play something for us. And then, we can put all this things in the past, and move on with our lifes to.

Unfurtunately, I already miss the band...

"...a great song can be found anywhere. Do yourself a favor and go find the ORIGINALS".

GNR is what it is now.

I think it is cool that Axl doesn't want to be inducted !

Good decision for GNR in 2012 . Really i think so.

Douche bag Steven could whine for another ten years and Slash could go playing with Fergie.. ( no offense here !) :rofl-lol:

Edited by Meanmachine22

54 User(s) are reading this topic

54 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

syhead,exnavymike,bigburgersforerryone,Onun,Pico,Karri,Young_Gun,slash433,sweetness,randallllllll,The Glow Inc.,deangrace,kronox20022002,Appetite for Original,cassette tape hiss,Janis,Fedex,sackdad,c.p.,bodine,gunnerjames,k12,twenty-nine,RandallFlagg,billyshears,my world,Heey,nassonbama,rotor,Meanmachine22,gokken,gnrjanus,GNRLived,Lines&Noses,ChineseDemocracy2004,OTHAFA,Dexter,titchy000,pagge,Mr_Sparkle,patmac54,ironmt,suckerpunched03,LA_0013,DazRose01,crackerman85,brum2012,tony73,HubbaBubba,Illusion1970,Scream of the Butterfly,p-man,flickn,October

his profile says he was last active in January...

I think he reads a lot more though, just might not sign in.

Anyway, fuck HOF, as someone said previous, Europeans don't give a shit. Bring on next month. :xmasssanta:

It's almost mind boggling how far this band has fallen since the Appetite/Illusion days. You have a guy that had an oppritunity to do the right thing and give back, just a little, to the few remaining fans he has left and he tells us to fuck off, turns up his nose and walks away. If and when he decides to tour North America again, be prepared for even more empty seats then they had on the 2011-2012 tour and since he no longer wants his name associated with the original band, stop playing music that the original band helped to create. How many fans do you think would show up to his concerts, knowing In advance, that all they are getting Is Chinese Colostomy songs?

There's something good in all this bullshit. Now we really knows that THE REAL GN'F'R is definitely OVER. It's time to move on. Go search for another bands, another great music. I used to be a huge GN'R fan. Axl WAS the best frontman ever. Slash, a guitarhero. I hear GN'R since I was 13. I'm 30 now.

I saw the "new GN'R" (LOL) in São Paulo and, oh boy, that day I realize that GN'R does not exist since 1994. That's it.

I always had hope that, onde day, these guys could get over thair differences and make best music again. As We rode on Axl's letter, life is not always as we wish.

It will be cool if the rest of the REAL GN'R represents the REAL BAND in RRHOF. Perhaps, they could play something for us. And then, we can put all this things in the past, and move on with our lifes to.

"...a great song can be found anywhere. Do yourself a favor and go find the ORIGINALS".

Stop insisting you represent everyone's opinion through your own, it's disturbing.

I don't think it's the fact that he hates slash soooo much. I think it more that he sees reconciliation with the old band as a ultimate defeat and Axl ain't going out like that bitches!

Yes it's petty, immature, shallow,'etc., but let's remember that this is one of the reasons we love Axl. The cards just didn't fall in the fans favor this time.

This whole Axl and Slash feud is just ridiculous. How many damn years does this have to go on for?

It's understandable that Axl doesn't want to play with the old band. That's fine. But is the hatred towards Slash so strong that he can't share a stage with the guy for 10 minutes? The whole thing seems childish, but that's to be expected from Axl.

Edited by SHoUP

Who gives a fuck about a hall of fame, we all know Guns have always made an impact where it matters, a ceremony doesn't offer anything to enhance that impact.

+ 1.

I'm sick of the whole thing. It doesn't change the impact or the music just by not attending an award show.

First time poster (at least I believe I am, maybe I posted something once - don't remember). Read Axl's letter with some interest. In some respects I sympathise with him wholly because lets face it, the idea of him, Slash, and Steven, in the same room having to walk on the same stage is .... well, awkward at best and combustible at worst. Where I take issue with him is that ultimately this situation (not the HOF, but the animosity between the various camps) is as much his doing as it is anyone else's. It's clear that from the moment it was announced that this was going to take place Axl has made no attempt to contact Slash and Steven to find an amicable way of dealing with it - which of course has led to both of them making public statements. Axl is the "rock star" of the three. I imagine if he wanted to talk to Slash or Steven, he could do make two calls and have them on the phone. Conversely I imagine it would be a physical impossibility for either of those two to raise Axl on the phone if they wanted. They are men who share a deep history and a common ground which the HOF induction proves transcends even their own animosity towards each other. For that reason it's disappointing that Axl's chosen this path. If his talk of doing it for the fans was genuine, then that should've begun by finding a common ground with those he has problems with for the sake of one night. He chose ignore them to a point where they quite clearly had no idea what was going to transpire.

Axl's always been a control freak - that much is indisputable. He could've controlled this situation to everyone's benefit, instead he chose to control it into a corner where a lot of people knew deep down inside this would be the only outcome.

First time poster (at least I believe I am, maybe I posted something once - don't remember). Read Axl's letter with some interest. In some respects I sympathise with him wholly because lets face it, the idea of him, Slash, and Steven, in the same room having to walk on the same stage is .... well, awkward at best and combustible at worst. Where I take issue with him is that ultimately this situation (not the HOF, but the animosity between the various camps) is as much his doing as it is anyone else's. It's clear that from the moment it was announced that this was going to take place Axl has made no attempt to contact Slash and Steven to find an amicable way of dealing with it - which of course has led to both of them making public statements. Axl is the "rock star" of the three. I imagine if he wanted to talk to Slash or Steven, he could do make two calls and have them on the phone. Conversely I imagine it would be a physical impossibility for either of those two to raise Axl on the phone if they wanted. They are men who share a deep history and a common ground which the HOF induction proves transcends even their own animosity towards each other. For that reason it's disappointing that Axl's chosen this path. If his talk of doing it for the fans was genuine, then that should've begun by finding a common ground with those he has problems with for the sake of one night. He chose ignore them to a point where they quite clearly had no idea what was going to transpire.

Axl's always been a control freak - that much is indisputable. He could've controlled this situation to everyone's benefit, instead he chose to control it into a corner where a lot of people knew deep down inside this would be the only outcome.

That works both ways, I haven't heard anything saying Slash has made an attempt to contact Axl. Why should Axl contact him when Slash is the one that left GNR. If Slash wanted to talk to Axl to resolve their differences I'm positive he could do that, as long as he didn't half ass it, and go wandering to Axl's place drunk again.

And how do you know Axl has always been a control freak? Do you know him personally? The idea that he controlled this situation to where he gets a shit storm from here to the end of eternity is insane.