Axl Rose not attending HOF

Tabitha27

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok guys, lets put this topic to rest.

Lets not be interested in what Axl is NOT attending and start being interested in what he is attending. THE EUROPEAN TOUR!!!! :xmasssanta:

Oh yeah- he can show up late, play the exact same sets night after night which will be 75% 20 yr old songs, 4 covers, 30 minutes of jams. And probably have 1 or 2 melt downs when he sees a fan with a Slash shirt on. Wow...sounds like fun. Oh- and one guy can complain about his back and the "pain" he's in.

and your posting in there forum because...???

And you guys all hate/despise original GnR because? And Current GnR doesn't even play most of CD live because? And Current GnR hasn't been able to write a new album because?

I don't know about you but I certainly do not hate or despise original GnR. I love it. This post is clear evidence you're here for the trolling.

I´m really and deeply disgusted by some of the comments I´ve read in here. Some people need to get a life. I can´t understand why so much hate and anger towards Axl and I can´t understand why they take all this stuff so personal either. It was pretty obvious that this was going to be a no win situation, it´s always been like this with Axl since the so called "fans" are NEVER happy, no matter he does things right or wrong there are always the bitter ones who are ready to start the bashing fest in a heart beat.

Whether you agree or not with his decision of not attending and not being inducted, why can´t you fucking respect it? It´s his decision not yours and if he wants it all this way, so be it.

I don't respect it because it's not a respectable decision. You don't want to show up? Fine. But releasing this letter and playing victim yet again, is just low. It makes him look ridiculous, and it's truly painful to see him that way.

People supporting this are being very foolish and blind IMO.

Better blind than being a cry baby and hoping for something that'll never happen. Not at this lifetime....

But yet you all wanna hear them cover the Appetite, Lies and Illusion songs.

What has that to do with the whole story?

If Axl wants nothing to do with the classic line-up he better stop using the classic songs.

Why should he stop using his own songs? Leave them to whom? The likes of Fergie?

These songs have nothing to do with the current version of the band.

Lets not be interested in what Axl is NOT attending and start being interested in what he is attending. THE EUROPEAN TOUR!!!! :xmasssanta:

Oh yeah- he can show up late, play the exact same sets night after night which will be 75% 20 yr old songs, 4 covers, 30 minutes of jams. And probably have 1 or 2 melt downs when he sees a fan with a Slash shirt on. Wow...sounds like fun. Oh- and one guy can complain about his back and the "pain" he's in.

Shut the fuck up, already! Some people should not be allowed to use the internet. You're like the anti-volcano62. You have no limits when it comes to bashing nuGnR and anything related to Axl's recent activities. That Ron commentary is despicable, you whiny bitch. Don't like current GnR? post in the original GnR section. Should be a lot of fun. Or get a life or a girlfriend or something.

Agree.

I'm wondering why these haters and bashers just don't get the f*** out of here. Damn crybabies

And you guys all hate/despise original GnR because? And Current GnR doesn't even play most of CD live because? And Current GnR hasn't been able to write a new album because?

I love old Guns and I love new guns. The point I was making is why are you wasting your time on a forum when you don't like this band?

I love old Guns and I love new guns. The point I was making is why are you wasting your time on a forum when you don't like this band?

Because they are seeking attention, and you are giving it to them... :book:

This just fucking sucks.... ugh. So much shit flown at Axl. He did it to himself, but still...

Couldn't show up to one fucking event in 20 years because hes afraid of being in the same room with Slash...

DAMMIT

So, you have determined Axl's no-show is the result of him "afraid of being in the same room with Slash?"

I would love to know how you gathered up that nugget.

This just fucking sucks.... ugh. So much shit flown at Axl. He did it to himself, but still...

Couldn't show up to one fucking event in 20 years because hes afraid of being in the same room with Slash...

DAMMIT

So, you have determined Axl's no-show is the result of him "afraid of being in the same room with Slash?"

I would love to know how you gathered up that nugget.

Probable the same way you determined that Slash's T-shirt at the Golden Gods show was an insult directed at DJ

If he had just decided to not attend the ceremony and issued a short statement thanking the fans for their support, simply declining the invitation, people wouldn't be so angry. Instead, he made everything worse by writing a ridiculously over the top, verbose, negatively connotated, "woe is me" type of letter, declining his induction all together. There's always controversy.

Basically it sounds like Axl has spent the last few months negotiating with the RNRHOF about details of the induction, my guess that he wanted the new band to either play or be included in the induction, and the RNRHOF has said no so now Axl is throwing his toys in his usual fashion

He can try suing all he wants he won't have success with it, anyone can give someone an award. I mean in the annual Rydog awards Axls just won for the 15th year in a row 'most selfish and disappointing rock star'. There's nothing he can do about it

If Axl is truly tired of hearing about a GNR reunion and wants to move on the drop the freaking name already. People will continue to bring it up because he still goes on tour and puts out an album with the Guns N' Roses name on it and it's NOT Guns N' Roses. I like this band that he's put together but this isn't Guns N' Roses. I have no idea why he won't just go on tour and put out albums as just Axl Rose.

I think Rose is very talented but come on people (those who are standing up for him here). Why can't you guys just admit that Axl is a total douchebag. He broke up what was one of the greatest rock bands of all time and now acts like a child and refuses to even be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame because he doesn't want to appear on the same stage as Slash. All the other guys from the original GNR had moved on. Why can't Axl?

DAMMIT

Yes, sure, sure...I bet Axl would piss his pants ... <_<

im just mad, i know thats not the main reason. lol

Wow we are on the brink of a mygnrforum civil war right now

Yeah, it was bound to happen one day. Actually, I don't think this is the worst back and forth fight. There have been plenty others.

I agree, I am glad Volcano isn't here right anymore, especially right now! :P

Yeah, it was bound to happen one day. Actually, I don't think this is the worst back and forth fight. There have been plenty others.

lol this isnt the worst. not even close. although it could be argued that its in constant civil war with new band vs old band :rofl-lol:

its lost steam with volcano MIA though haha

I agree, I am glad Volcano isn't here right anymore, especially right now! :P

Volcano and Axl8302 would really lose their minds :tongue2: