Axl Rose not attending HOF

Tabitha27

Axl vacating the space to those who will milk it for all its worth - that's what irks me. Basking in the honour of GN'R's successes is Axl's rightful due.

He doesn't need it. The others do. That's what's so cool. That's what drivers the haters here insane.

This .

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok guys, lets put this topic to rest.

Lets not be interested in what Axl is NOT attending and start being interested in what he is attending. THE EUROPEAN TOUR!!!! :xmasssanta:

Oh yeah- he can show up late, play the exact same sets night after night which will be 75% 20 yr old songs, 4 covers, 30 minutes of jams. And probably have 1 or 2 melt downs when he sees a fan with a Slash shirt on. Wow...sounds like fun. Oh- and one guy can complain about his back and the "pain" he's in.

and your posting in there forum because...???

And you guys all hate/despise original GnR because? And Current GnR doesn't even play most of CD live because? And Current GnR hasn't been able to write a new album because?

I love old Guns and I love new guns. The point I was making is why are you wasting your time on a forum when you don't like this band?

It's called "MYGNR" not "CURRENTGNR" or whatever. MY GnR is Axl/Steven/Slash/Izzy/Duff (Matt/Dizzy are included).

If Axl wants nothing to do with the classic line-up he better stop using the classic songs.

Why should he stop using his own songs? Leave them to whom? The likes of Fergie?

These songs have nothing to do with the current version of the band.

They have nothing to do with Fergie or Myles Kennedy either but they get to sing them.

Then again, their musical catalogue is much larger than Axl's.

And why should that matter? Do you categorize musicians with factory workers, by the sheer size of their produce?

Axl need those songs, Myles or Fergie don't. Do you think that Axl can sell out an arena when he only performs Chinese Democracy songs?

Axl need those songs, Myles or Fergie don't. Do you think that Axl can sell out an arena when he only performs Chinese Democracy songs?

Does he need to sell out arenas? No.

/discussion

Edited by Flayer

Lets not be interested in what Axl is NOT attending and start being interested in what he is attending. THE EUROPEAN TOUR!!!! :xmasssanta:

Oh yeah- he can show up late, play the exact same sets night after night which will be 75% 20 yr old songs, 4 covers, 30 minutes of jams. And probably have 1 or 2 melt downs when he sees a fan with a Slash shirt on. Wow...sounds like fun. Oh- and one guy can complain about his back and the "pain" he's in.

And you guys all hate/despise original GnR because? And Current GnR doesn't even play most of CD live because? And Current GnR hasn't been able to write a new album because?

I love old Guns and I love new guns. The point I was making is why are you wasting your time on a forum when you don't like this band?

It's called "MYGNR" not "CURRENTGNR" or whatever. MY GnR is Axl/Steven/Slash/Izzy/Duff (Matt/Dizzy are included).

News and Discussion is about the current band.

If Axl wants nothing to do with the classic line-up he better stop using the classic songs.

Why should he stop using his own songs? Leave them to whom? The likes of Fergie?

These songs have nothing to do with the current version of the band.

They have nothing to do with Fergie or Myles Kennedy either but they get to sing them.

Then again, their musical catalogue is much larger than Axl's.

And why should that matter? Do you categorize musicians with factory workers, by the sheer size of their produce?

There's nothing embarrassing about Axl "needing" his own songs. Why should he distance himself from his own music?

If filling arenas was his only concern, he would be a very different person from who he is and a lot less interesting.

There's nothing embarrassing about Axl "needing" his own songs. Why should he distance himself from his own music?

If filling arenas was his only concern, he would be a very different person from who he is and a lot less interesting.

Plus, Slash isn't selling arenas with Fergie, Myles or any combination of rappers on a NR solo.

/discussion

How do you know that he don't need that? The guy is well known for his large ego.

My 2 cents

- Well done for writing a letter

- Fair enough not wanting to attend

- Not accepting the induction is childish

- Everyone is to blame but himself

- Cleverly written words don't hide the bitterness

Love him or hate him, you know where he stands.

/discussion

How do you know that he don't need that? The guy is well known for his large ego.

Because he clearly doesn't need it, and there is no logical connection between the two sentences you just wrote.

You're posting in the wrong section.

I´m really and deeply disgusted by some of the comments I´ve read in here. Some people need to get a life. I can´t understand why so much hate and anger towards Axl and I can´t understand why they take all this stuff so personal either. It was pretty obvious that this was going to be a no win situation, it´s always been like this with Axl since the so called "fans" are NEVER happy, no matter he does things right or wrong there are always the bitter ones who are ready to start the bashing fest in a heart beat.

Whether you agree or not with his decision of not attending and not being inducted, why can´t you fucking respect it? It´s his decision not yours and if he wants it all this way, so be it.

I don't respect it because it's not a respectable decision. You don't want to show up? Fine. But releasing this letter and playing victim yet again, is just low. It makes him look ridiculous, and it's truly painful to see him that way.

People supporting this are being very foolish and blind IMO.

Better blind than being a cry baby and hoping for something that'll never happen. Not at this lifetime....

But yet you all wanna hear them cover the Appetite, Lies and Illusion songs.

What has that to do with the whole story?

LOL!! "His own songs" :rofl-lol: You think Axl wrote those classics by himself?? =D

Oh no, he had absolutely nothing to do with writing them. They were written entirely by the others and infact Axl was simply lip-syncing Milli Vanilli style. :rolleyes:

Actually most of the classics were mostly written by Slash and Izzy.

/discussion

Umm, the fact that he resolutely refuses a reunion which is likely to be a big business opportunity, is a pretty big clue.

Ego or not, he's chosen the path of struggle over the path of complacency and being offered gushing praise simply for being on stage with the "right" bunch of people.

Why should we bitch about loving Axl or hating the man for his open letter.

face it, one simple thing can make this board rumble on it's pilars... it's a shame.

We are all here because we love a band! and we love the people who are involved in this band today or yesterday or tomorrow.

see it the way you want it to see.

We all knew from day 1 the hof made guns entering their hallls.. it was doomed to begin with.

Everything that was/is going to happen would affect gnr and Axl.

and for fans that we are we support the new band and support the old band.

but what I hate the most is that people wanted this. Yes it's a lifetime event I get that.

but look at the way the press it going to see it or how some fans might see it.

it would explode and not be pretty.

I think Axl made the right decision and a bold one!

he should be praised for it!

the Hall of fame isn't something to be proud of today.. if it were Kiss would have been in already!

As Axl and bandmembers has said over the past few years.

Chinese democracy is the main goal right now. and so it touring and oh wait one more thing : THIS BAND!

Guns N Roses.

Love and respect

Janus

PS. Fuck you Beta for misguiding Axl all these years and not pushing Axl to get material out

128675536574698229.jpg

No matter how valid some points might be, get a grip.

All you guys who hate on Beta and her family for no valid reason are the real cunts.

I´m really and deeply disgusted by some of the comments I´ve read in here. Some people need to get a life. I can´t understand why so much hate and anger towards Axl and I can´t understand why they take all this stuff so personal either. It was pretty obvious that this was going to be a no win situation, it´s always been like this with Axl since the so called "fans" are NEVER happy, no matter he does things right or wrong there are always the bitter ones who are ready to start the bashing fest in a heart beat.

Whether you agree or not with his decision of not attending and not being inducted, why can´t you fucking respect it? It´s his decision not yours and if he wants it all this way, so be it.

I don't respect it because it's not a respectable decision. You don't want to show up? Fine. But releasing this letter and playing victim yet again, is just low. It makes him look ridiculous, and it's truly painful to see him that way.

People supporting this are being very foolish and blind IMO.

Better blind than being a cry baby and hoping for something that'll never happen. Not at this lifetime....

But yet you all wanna hear them cover the Appetite, Lies and Illusion songs.

What has that to do with the whole story?

LOL!! "His own songs" :rofl-lol: You think Axl wrote those classics by himself?? =D

Oh no, he had absolutely nothing to do with writing them. They were written entirely by the others and infact Axl was simply lip-syncing Milli Vanilli style. :rolleyes:

Actually most of the classics were mostly written by Slash and Izzy.

Oh really? Maybe in an alternative universe. In the real world, Izzy was the band's biggest song-writer followed by Axl.

PS. Fuck you Beta for misguiding Axl all these years and not pushing Axl to get material out

128675536574698229.jpg

All you guys who hate on Beta and her family for no valid reason are the real cunts.

+1

I think Axl made the right decision and a bold one!

he should be praised for it!

To some people, Axl will never make a bad decision, has never done anything wrong in his life, the entire world is out to get him, yada yada yada. I get it, because I have been on his side of the argument many times. Someday they will all have to come to terms with reality, one by one.

128675536574698229.jpg

How exactly does a maid/nanny turn into a manager of who was the biggest star in the world exactly? I digress- how about all YOU guys who "hate" on Steven Adler personally?

How exactly does a maid/nanny turn into a manager of who was the biggest star in the world exactly? I digress- how about all YOU guys who "hate" on Steven Adler personally?

How exactly does some punk from Shitsburg, Indiana become the biggest star in the world exactly?

asks the Department of Redundancy Department

Edited by Flayer