Axl Rose not attending HOF

Tabitha27

Lisa Reed:

Just an FYI for those supporting the rrhof and dissing my friend for his honest and forthright decision. This establishment wanted to charge dizzy $3000 per person to attend his induction to their little museum. With the kids and parents and everyone close to him. This would have added up to $21000. Pretty sure He would rather spend that money on more meaningful things.

---

Dizzy doesn't have/can't afford $21K? Laughable. Axl must not pay much these days.

Is that the point? Why does it cost this much to be "honored?", anyway he has the $ he would just rather not waste it on this

Edited by gunsguy

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lisa Reed:

Just an FYI for those supporting the rrhof and dissing my friend for his honest and forthright decision. This establishment wanted to charge dizzy $3000 per person to attend his induction to their little museum. With the kids and parents and everyone close to him. This would have added up to $21000. Pretty sure He would rather spend that money on more meaningful things.

---

Dizzy doesn't have/can't afford $21K? Laughable. Axl must not pay much these days.

No, it's not the fact that Dizzy doesn't have $21,000.

I think it's the fact that the RRHOF is charging so much for the inductee's families and other guest. I think that's bullshit.

Lisa Reed:

---

money is not a problem to the band members. if it was, they would be out of the band a long time ago. they must charge a good amount to always say yes and keep a happy face in front of axl.

Good on Axl for not caving in to the pressure of having to stand on stage with various people who have shat on him for the past 20 years. You all fucking know you'd most likely do the same if put in that situation. Yet Axl's a sellout, or a pussy or a coward? which is it. To those that say they are finished with GnR, why are you all still here? Scream a little louder, but people just want you to go away. I hear the Marilyn Manson forum is that way →

As for Slash, his comments that Axl hates him and he doesn't even know why!? Are you for real man. You know full fucking well why Axl isn't interested in having a friendship with you. Then to pass it off as Axl just being a dick, shows your the biggest fuckwit of them all. This passive aggressive shit you've been spewing the past 20 years on how it's all Axl's fault is a joke. People don't hold grudges over nothing. Come clean on all the lawsuits and lies you've been spewing about him. The underhanded tactics. Somehow I doubt it. There is nothing worse than a person who pretends to be a friend, yet is doing everything they can to fuck you over. But you don't learn. You'll just stick with your usual routine of playing the victim and the lines about not knowing why Axl hates your fucking guts. You really are a cancer. With friends like these, who needs em.

I'm as frustrated as anyone in not being able to hear new music, but I won't be shitting on Axl for standing up to the HOF. Or for that matter some of his old bandmates.

You are a fool and full of hate Axl has taught you well you should be proud! Who is to say Axl is not the one lying? And talk about playing the victim Axl could give classes in it.

Unlike you I don't post here much. I try and lead a life outside of the virtual world, but at times like to stay up to date with what's happening in the GnR world. So yes I do feel proud. If Axl has taught me anything it's to stand up for what you believe in. And I believe Slash to be a major player in causing grief towards Axl over the years. Yet his most recent comment tipped me over the edge. To say you have no idea why someone dislikes you is a joke. Slash knows full well. And since he's been so successful with the media in creating a persona that all would be well in the GnR world, he's the sane one, and we just need to get Axl on his funny pills -- we'd have a reunion, the old band back etc. if Axl would just stop being Axl is a farce. Axl's doing what he wants to do. But it seems Slash, Adler and Co. are not. No wonder they resent Axl. Ones looking forward, the others have their asses out in the air looking backwards.

I also have a life and my post total does not tell you anything about me. And as far as Slash looking backwards maybe you should check his career out. He is making albums, giving interviews, making vids, supporting charities, raising a family, working with other musicans, doing radio shows, doing tv shows, producing movies does that sound like a man living in the past? Now lets check out Axl lets see CD in the last 20 years and living off the GNR name. He is living in a world of hate and manages to blame everybody for his problems except himself. The only thing Slash did wrong was leave Axl and become a rock ICON, that has put Axl in a blinding jealous rage that he cannot see his way out of.

You say you don't post much what do you sit around and let your hate simmer? I don't usually come down on Axl but you sir have brought it out in me tonight. Thank you!

Edited by sleeper

Lisa Reed:

---

Is that the point? Why does it cost this much to be "honored?", anyway he has the $ he would just rather not waste it on this

Exactly!

Axl is nearing the level of searches Michael Jackson did when he kicked the bucket. A Google search of "Axl Rose" yields now 163,000,000 returns. Folks thinking this is doomsday are just plain crazy--this guarantees, every show, in every city will be covered, talked about, written about, blogged about, etc. Axl was already a LEGEND, now he is full on the last great rocker to truly continue to tell the establishment, who were trying to coerce a reunion for money, to "fuck off". The Sex Pistol's, and Paul Westerburg maybe the only other living artists with balls like this. Today there maybe backlash a bit, but in coming days this decision will yield increasing street cred for Axl. The publicity he is getting is probably even shocking him--and to think, he didn't beg for as so many of the modern celebrities do. 163,000,000 returns when you google Axl Rose....amazing :thumbsup:

As Charlie Sheen would say: "Winning"!

Edited by GNFR2003

Good on Axl for not caving in to the pressure of having to stand on stage with various people who have shat on him for the past 20 years. You all fucking know you'd most likely do the same if put in that situation. Yet Axl's a sellout, or a pussy or a coward? which is it. To those that say they are finished with GnR, why are you all still here? Scream a little louder, but people just want you to go away. I hear the Marilyn Manson forum is that way →

As for Slash, his comments that Axl hates him and he doesn't even know why!? Are you for real man. You know full fucking well why Axl isn't interested in having a friendship with you. Then to pass it off as Axl just being a dick, shows your the biggest fuckwit of them all. This passive aggressive shit you've been spewing the past 20 years on how it's all Axl's fault is a joke. People don't hold grudges over nothing. Come clean on all the lawsuits and lies you've been spewing about him. The underhanded tactics. Somehow I doubt it. There is nothing worse than a person who pretends to be a friend, yet is doing everything they can to fuck you over. But you don't learn. You'll just stick with your usual routine of playing the victim and the lines about not knowing why Axl hates your fucking guts. You really are a cancer. With friends like these, who needs em.

I'm as frustrated as anyone in not being able to hear new music, but I won't be shitting on Axl for standing up to the HOF. Or for that matter some of his old bandmates.

You are a fool and full of hate Axl has taught you well you should be proud! Who is to say Axl is not the one lying? And talk about playing the victim Axl could give classes in it.

Unlike you I don't post here much. I try and lead a life outside of the virtual world, but at times like to stay up to date with what's happening in the GnR world. So yes I do feel proud. If Axl has taught me anything it's to stand up for what you believe in. And I believe Slash to be a major player in causing grief towards Axl over the years. Yet his most recent comment tipped me over the edge. To say you have no idea why someone dislikes you is a joke. Slash knows full well. And since he's been so successful with the media in creating a persona that all would be well in the GnR world, he's the sane one, and we just need to get Axl on his funny pills -- we'd have a reunion, the old band back etc. if Axl would just stop being Axl is a farce. Axl's doing what he wants to do. But it seems Slash, Adler and Co. are not. No wonder they resent Axl. Ones looking forward, the others have their asses out in the air looking backwards.

I also have a life and my post total does not tell you anything about me. And as far as Slash looking backwards maybe you should check his career out. He is making albums, giving interviews, making vids, supporting charities, raising a family, working with other musicans, doing radio shows, doing tv shows, producing movies does that sound like a man living in the past? Now lets check out Axl lets see CD in the last 20 years and living off the GNR name. He is living in a world of hate and manages to blame everybody for his problems except himself. The only thing Slash did wrong was leave Axl and become a rock ICON, that has put Axl in a blinding jealous rage that he cannot see his way out of.

You say you don't post much what do you sit around and let your hate simmer? I don't usually come down on Axl but you sir have brought it out in me tonight. Thank you!

Wow, dude. No one can argue with what you said. As a fan of Axl AND Slash (and the rest of the classic lineup), that seems pretty spot on.

Slash is showing up for his fans! I guess that is concept that is hard to understand here.

Reality check. He's showing up for himself most of all.

Reality check. He's showing up for his fans.

He's showing up to promote his solo record, and so is Adler.

Duff is showing up for his fans.

If thats your take Duff is showing up to sell a few more of his books. After all Slash is not having a show the night before the HOF. Slash is showing up for his fans, he told us he would last year. And guess what he never lets us down.

Let's be honest here..... since 1994....Axl has not had a Hall of Fame career. He doesn't even deserve to be there IF he is basing his career solely on HIMSELF and his talent.

His strength was delivering the synergy that the original band produced.......... and he did it BRILLIANTLY.

That synergy is exactly what Chinese Democracy was missing.

And I'm not even a Pro Reunion fan.....I waited and believed in CD and AXL more than anyone I know, just like the rest of us here ......but If AXL IS MAKING US SEGMENT HIS CAREER then I'd say CD was NOT a hall of fame product and NOT A HALL OF FAME performance.

So, don't go to the Hall of Fame Axl......You don't deserve it.

Edited by Bailey15

Wow, dude. No one can argue with what you said. As a fan of Axl AND Slash (and the rest of the classic lineup), that seems pretty spot on.

I agree, great post.

Slash is showing up for his fans! I guess that is concept that is hard to understand here.

Reality check. He's showing up for himself most of all.

Reality check. He's showing up for his fans.

He's showing up to promote his solo record, and so is Adler.

Duff is showing up for his fans.

If thats your take Duff is showing up to sell a few more of his books. After all Slash is not having a show the night before the HOF. Slash is showing up for his fans, he told us he would last year. And guess what he never lets us down.

And Axl's trying to sell his tour that he mentioned in his open letter. Whatever. Music is a business.

He never left GnR... And he plays the songs cause they are his too. Is that so hard to understand? The songs are their babies and they share custody, Slash can play them, Duff too, Adler too and Hell yes! Axl too... He might come across bitter to you in the letter about the original lineup, but he might just be bitter right now about the whole situation, a situation he never even asked for, BTW! And even if he really is, he is bitter towards his "partners" not towards their children...

Why being such a fucking baby Axl? If you really thought about the fans, what other artist etc. hoped you would do; then you would atleast show up.

Just have the fucking COURAGE. Instead of hiding away from any public events with former bandmembers.

That you're maybe just scared that Slash and co. will get more attention than you, doens't mean than you should hide away....

It's just disrespectful, to just not dedicate an evening of you life for looking back on the succes you had in the past, the band with who you became one of the biggest rock stars in the world, and escpecially making showing your appreciation to the fans. Instead of that you're just touring over and over again on the same material (and the worst of it; it's the material that the of the real GN'R).

Just man up; drop the name, release some new music and tour again. But atleast stop with this bullshit.

Offcourese there will be people commenting on my post with 'stop whining you baby'. But even if you don't like the old GN'R you still have to agree with me that it's just disrespectfull (or you must be a fucking mongol, which a lot of the people on these boards are).

Just grow up Axl, if you can't even do it for one single night, when can you?

Hope Slash, Duff, Matt/Steven will still show up, do their appreciation speech and play a few songs.

Lisa Reed:

---

Axl demands the H on the pronoun "he" to be capitalized when referring to him? So he's likening himself to the Almighty these days?

:P

I just hate all this negativity. I hate to be one more of those always being negative. It's sad to be considered a "cupcake" or "hater" when all you wanted was that this band would just work, you know? Choose the easy way just for once. THAT'S NOT FUCKING SELLING OUT. That's being an artist with integrity. A brave guy, facing critics but at least keep the talking about the MUSIC.

Hiding. Not releasing new music. Giving excuses. Wiriting open letters. That's not "rock n' roll" in my opinion. Being rock n' roll is having fun. Is taking it easy. And most importantly, making the people who admire you, happy.

Don't 'he doesn't owe you anything" me. Posting that band picture now? Really? It's a cool pic but why now? Why did it take so long? That's bullshit.

All the bands that I enjoy really make me "happy". GnR is the only band that gets me frustated. Axl really doesn't care about his fans.

Edited by maynard

I used to post here under the name Sly Stallone years ago (before I got banned by Madison)....just came out of retirement to say that Axl did exactly what everyone expected of him. Disappoint his fans and embarass himself on a grand scale once again.

Yeah I get it, he hates the old band and does not want to be in the same room with them. Aside from how petty and childish that is for a 50 year old man, that's his prerogative.

Here's my question to all of you "Axl is the last rockstar/rebel/god on earth" people....why wait until 3 days before the ceremony to drop this turd on the fanbase? He had 4 f*cking months to figure out what almost every gnr fan predicted would happen. Why write a long winded "me against the world" rant? Why not just pull an Izzy or release a short statement declining interest in attending?

I'll tell you why. He gave an impossible demand to the HOF (induct his entire entourage/band/or remove Matt Sorum) and they told him to fuck off. So he ranted like a child and ruined his already tattered reputation in front of his peers as well as ruin the big moment to pay tribute for what GnR accomplished. Needless to say, he ruined the night for his band members but that was expected.

All the guy had to do was show up, accept the award and go home. But he chose to be a drama queen as always. So predictable and sad. He would have won over so many people by letting bygones be bygones and it would have showed a rare moment of class on his part.

There is nothing rock n' roll or rebellious about this. He is not badass or cool for doing this. If he really wanted to be badass, he would have showed up and ranted on stage or released a one line statement congratulating his former bandmates and telling the RNRHOF to fuck off. He did neither. He just played victim as we all predicted he would. Truly badass behavior from a 50 year old man.

I hope the old members have a great time there and ignore the red head completely. Or even better, dedicate the award to him. That would be hilarious.

Apparently the other thread I was gonna post this in was deleted, but for other content in the OP. This actually bears looking at.

Axl Rose returns 126,000,000 Google search results. That is by googling ["Axl Rose" Axl], which would eliminate unrelated Rose results (its 154,000,000 if you don't do that).

Now, let's compare it a bit to some other rock notables:

David Lee Roth: 7,480,000 (who's pretending to the throne ? :xmasssanta: )

Gene Simmons: 12,100,000

Keith Richards: 13,000,000

Robert Plant: 19,000,000

Freddie Mercury: 21,100,000

Jim Morrison: 26,500,000

Elvis Presley: 27,900,000

Ozzy Osbourne: 37,200,000

Johnny Cash: 44,100,000

Alice Cooper: 44,500,000

Brian May: 49,200,000

John Lennon: 50,600,000

Jimi Hendrix: 53,600,000

Tommy Lee: 55,200,000

Bob Dylan: 63,500,000

Steven Tyler: 65,800,000

Marilyn Manson: 71,600,000

David Bowie: 71,800,000

Sebastian Bach: 81,300,000 (riding heavily on the coattails of the composer)

Elton John: 108,000,000

Paul McCartney: 114,000,000

Bob Marley: 121,000,000

Slash: 125,000,000 (Slash's results, however, will turn up many other uses of the word, such as the verb and the term for gay crossover porn fanfics)

And less deserving notables:

Snooki: 43,500,000

Nickelback: 57,300,000

Ke$ha: 66,600,000

Lana Del Rey: 72,900,000

Donald Trump: 75,300,000

Bon Jovi: 81,300,000 (drops to 3,730,000 if you include his first name)*

Madonna: 92,500,000

Bono: 105,000,000*

Osama Bin Laden: 123,000,000

The only ones I'm finding that beat him are current pop star names thrown around absolutely constantly like Britney Spears, Taylor Swift, Justin Bieber, and Lady Gaga. He is the king of rock n' roll, however.

*Apologies if you're actually a fan of Jovi or Bono, just couldn't resist the swipe at them B)

And he is going to make more hits. Another tour coming.

Another place you won't see Axl: American Idol, The Voice, or any other of the new wave of manufactured muzak shows. Slash seems to be a frequent guest...I am sure he just shows up on those shows for the "fans" right? :xmassrudolph: