Axl Rose not attending HOF

Tabitha27

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Axl was stuck in a shitty situation. How could he sit there withe old members, and act like everything was great. Steven called his current members hacks etc. I'm sure Axl is pissed at missing the vent too, he has been robbed of a special night, but he could not honestly go to it. Imagine if someone in your life called you a dick, would you then go and sit next to him the week after, i don't think so, you would want to smack him one. It's disappointing i know, but looking at it fairly, how could Axl show up, it would have been a car wreck waiting to happen. Imagine the shit Adler would have come up with after it.

Axl called Slash a cancer, and gess what? Slash still wants to burry the hatchet. Your argument is invalid.

This is his victory. The ROR has lost. This is a big embarrassment for them, they wanted to take credit for getting them all on stage but Axl fucks it up for them. He won.

I agree, also if I heard Guns N Roses without Axl's voice, for me it wouldn't be GnR.

For real if they got back together tomorrow do you honestly think the magic would still be there?

Oh come on.

A reunion would be a monster and you know it.

Look,I love the new line up and dig what their doing,and I was one of the few on here giving glowing reviews of Chi-Dem when it came out...but I can't deny the original line up,unlike some of the lollipops on here saying some utterly ridiculous things about the original guys.

Name me ONE GnR show..ever...where the place didn't absolutely erupt when the first notes of Sweet Child rang out.

Or where people weren't going apeshit to Paradise City.

The magic is there...it's inherit.

You can honestly tell me (without looking for a pat on the shoulder back stage at some future gig) that you wouldn't get chills up your spine seeing...let's say...even the '91 line up playing those songs again?

Please..

And I'm not looking for a reunion,and I wasn't hoping for one to emerge from the HOF (actually a new album instead of another fucking summer tour would be nice )...but to claim there would be no magic??

Dude..I just honestly don't believe you mean that.

I just can't picture you at a reunion show with your arms folded against your chest refusing to drink in what was going down.

Look...I kniow you're all about rah rah team Axl,and that's fine.

You're telling me...if Axl was on board,supporting a reunion tour,you wouldn't buy a ticket and it wouldn't blow your mind to see those guys play those songs again?

You honestly don't think the magic that lives within those songs wouldn't move you?

Fuck man..back in March,when I saw Slash in Toronto,he played one of the most blistering versions of Rocket Queen I'd ever heard.

I saw Guns between '91 and '93 6 times in three different countries,and I can tell you..in March 2012 the "magic" was alive and well in a dingy little club,with one original member.

Add Axl,Izzy and Duff and whoever on drums....no magic??

Utter nonsense.

You still don't get it.

It doesn't matter how much you want a reunion or how willing Slash and Duff would be to do a reunion.

Speculating about a reunion is pointless. All claims about what will happen if a reunion took place is pointless.

If TODAY, you dragged Axl by chain to do a reunion show with Slash, Duff, and Sorum, that show would SUCK!!!

Even if Axl made-up with Slash, Axl would still have to find the energy to want to front the old band.

If Axl has not made it clear enough for you, let me state it clearly for you: Axl is TOO GOOD for Slash, Duff, and Sorum.

Axl has evolved while the old guys have stayed the same and stale.

That is why your claims are pointless.

I would seriously consider the "he evolved" claim if he:

* Released more than 1 album in more than 15 years

* Stopped centering the never-ending tours around songs from the old era or covers

Axl Rose IS GNR. Get over it.

that was said by many member sof this board over the years quit regulary.

And it is so fuckin`true!!!!!!!!

To think `Axl admitted defeat that Slash & Original band IS GNR ` is very very far from reality if you ask me..

Actually it is quit a victory for Axl to show the middlefinger to the Hall of fame.

Everybody who is bitching now might only want the old band back which is ( thank god!! ) not gonna happen.

This GNR is clearly the better band and the world would have taken notice if CD would have been handled in a proper way.

I am no Axl ass kisser but i totally support his decison . This basicly show how much he cares for his band and on the other hand how much he cares for the fans . Why ?Becasue he might want to give us new music and that will ONLY happen with the new band at this point. Accepting an award with his `former friends `would have been the wrong sign here.

Props to Axl rock2

ah, and for those that still cry that they want Slash back : Get a life and move on

Bring on the european tour!!!!

Edited by Meanmachine22

To think `Axl admitted defeat that Slash & Original band IS GNR ` is very very far from reality if you ask me..

Actually it is quit a victory for Axl to show the middlefinger to the Hall of fame.

Everybody who is bitching now might only want the old band back which is ( thank god!! ) not gonna happen.

This GNR is clearly the better band and the world would have taken notice if CD would have been handled in a proper way.

I am no Axl ass kisser but i totally support his decison . This basicly show how much he cares for his band and on the other hand how much he cares for the fans . Why ?Becasue he might want to give us new music and that will ONLY happen with the new band at this point. Accepting an award with his `former friends `would have been the wrong sign here.

Props to Axl rock2

ah, and for those that still cry that they want Slash back : Get a life and move on

Nope man, you are an Axl ass kisser. Anyone that sees the truth and comments on it is an ass kisser around here, get used to it. It doesn't matter if you admit Axl's faults; if you point out any former member's faults, you're an ass kisser.

Not even Chuck Norris can defeat Axl .

I just dont think he recognizes a bunch of people cherry picking bands for their own purposes. The R&R Hall of Fame represents the polar opposite of Axl's tenets, and I would have been shocked if he showed up. You are over thinking this.

Bullcrap. This has less to do with Axl's disdan for the HOF and much more to do with the fact that he didn't have the balls to confront his old bandmates (namely Slash) and also arrogantly thought that if his current band weren't going to be included that he wouldn't bother showing up. It says in his letter that he had several discussion with the board. What were all these discussions about? Well judging by another line from his letter it was mainly about which members should be inducted. As the HOF must have refused to induct some of the longer serving current members, Axl wasn't going to accept that.

By Axl Rose not showing up and letting Steven Adler,Slash & Duff show up to accept the award for GNR he admits defeat that Slash,Duff & Steven ARE GNR. Thats what I think, Axl should have gone to just take control of the situation at least.

It goes to show, Axl may own the name, but that don't make him Guns N'Roses

The reality is, when who shows up at the HOF to collect an award for Guns N'Roses, there will be more Guns N'Roses there than there are on the current 2012 tour :D

The reality is, one man, Axl Rose, isn't by himself Guns N'Roses. It takes 5 to be Guns N'Roses. There's nothing Rose can do about that.

Axl's new band is a band that makes a living off past success. They know that too. It's a great promotional platform for all involved.

:thumbsup:

--All the folks I see all over the web, most of whom have no idea about the goings on of GN'R during the past 15 years, tweeting and commenting on articles calling Axl names, an egomaniac, etc. are the ones being extremely irrational. For one, none of them know him personally, and he hasn't done anything to them at all. Moreover, most don't even typically care for GNR, they are just following the pack, as they've been trained to do by the modern music/entertainment industrial complex. It's the American Idol/Perez Hilton generation kids that are doing most of the bashing--spoiled babies who just repeat what they heard a DJ say, or what another clueless friend on Facebook said. Learn to think for yourselves kids....sad.

--If a reunion is going to ever happen, as Gunsguy articulately pointed out, it will happen due to the guys coming together in an organic way. Not in a way that is contrived by the HOF, Live Nation, and AEG.

--Bashing Axl for not wanting to go a Country Club Dinner (which you have to pay to attend), which has zero impact on anyone's lives, is nonsensical. Even more so, when none of these articles mention an important piece of the puzzle: Izzy isn't going. Izzy and Axl formed this band, and were the main songwriters. What the HOF will end up being is a new way for Irving Azoff to market Velvet Revolver, and find a lead singer popular enough to book another tour with these guys. Without Axl or Izzy, this is VR getting inducted--not GN'R. If Izzy was going to go, my bet is Axl would have gone. I think those two are still very close, and the two who were the keys to this band. You want proof of Slash's megalomania--look no further than him positioning himself with the media as the "Keith Richards" or "Joe Perry" of GN'R. Nothing could be further from the truth---Izzy always was the "Keith", of GN'R. Look to 94-95, Slash brought in the Snakepit songs, Axl and Duff reject them; Axl doesn't like Gilby's stuff, and who does he go to for songs: Izzy. AS Duff said, they started working up some songs with Izzy. Without Izzy, I don't think Axl saw Slash as an important part of the band, especially after Slash brought in the crap Snakepit songs, and told Axl to shut-up and sing. Axl realized at that point, this guy has gone beyond a power grab, and thus the rift began. Axl knew the songs had to be at a level far above Snakepit, and Slash wasn't capable of writing those songs, nor had the desire to learn how to write those kind of songs. Ironically, he was the one telling Axl to "shut-up and sing"--I don't blame Axl and Duff for saying: "no, not gonna do that stuff".

--Bashing fans for "understanding" why Axl decided not to go to the HOF, only further shows complete irrational, follow the herd behavior. You're attacking someone/something, because your dream was not fulfilled. Well, make your own dreams--vicarious living is a fucking waste of time. Hate the boss who pisses on you every day, hate the landlord who doesn't fix the leaking pipes, but don't hate Picasso for not creating another painting, or changing styles, etc. You only control yourself, and beyond that man, it's a waste of time to project your own issues and anger onto someone else. Axl owes no one anything, especially the establishment who were trying to con him into a reunion. The man did, if you put yourself truly in his shoes, the most logical and classy move possible.

It amazes me how clueless some people are :blink:

Slash defeated himself when he signed the name over, genius.

Well, he have claimed the topspot a long time ago. Since Axl's been sitting in his mansion for most of the time, Slash has put out 5 records that sounds better than CD, excluding Liberated and might be 6 with his new one. So I would rather say he won by far! Izzy has done the same thing, not all records good, but enough good tunes to make a few records that sounds better than CD. Even Gilby managed to release a record better than CD. Duff and Matt were in VR, so they have done it too. Hmm... guess who was the one that falled behind? :rofl-lol:

--All the folks I see all over the web, most of whom have no idea about the goings on of GN'R during the past 15 years, tweeting and commenting on articles calling Axl names, an egomaniac, etc. are the ones being extremely irrational. For one, none of them know him personally, and he hasn't done anything to them at all. Moreover, most don't even typically care for GNR, they are just following the pack, as they've been trained to do by the modern music/entertainment industrial complex. It's the American Idol/Perez Hilton generation kids that are doing most of the bashing--spoiled babies who just repeat what they heard a DJ say, or what another clueless friend on Facebook said. Learn to think for yourselves kids....sad.

--If a reunion is going to ever happen, as Gunsguy articulately pointed out, it will happen due to the guys coming together in an organic way. Not in a way that is contrived by the HOF, Live Nation, and AEG.

--Bashing Axl for not wanting to go a Country Club Dinner (which you have to pay to attend), which has zero impact on anyone's lives, is nonsensical. Even more so, when none of these articles mention an important piece of the puzzle: Izzy isn't going. Izzy and Axl formed this band, and were the main songwriters. What the HOF will end up being is a new way for Irving Azoff to market Velvet Revolver, and find a lead singer popular enough to book another tour with these guys. Without Axl or Izzy, this is VR getting inducted--not GN'R. If Izzy was going to go, my bet is Axl would have gone. I think those two are still very close, and the two who were the keys to this band. You want proof of Slash's megalomania--look no further than him positioning himself with the media as the "Keith Richards" or "Joe Perry" of GN'R. Nothing could be further from the truth---Izzy always was the "Keith", of GN'R. Look to 94-95, Slash brought in the Snakepit songs, Axl and Duff reject them; Axl doesn't like Gilby's stuff, and who does he go to for songs: Izzy. AS Duff said, they started working up some songs with Izzy. Without Izzy, I don't think Axl saw Slash as an important part of the band, especially after Slash brought in the crap Snakepit songs, and told Axl to shut-up and sing. Axl realized at that point, this guy has gone beyond a power grab, and thus the rift began. Axl knew the songs had to be at a level far above Snakepit, and Slash wasn't capable of writing those songs, nor had the desire to learn how to write those kind of songs. Ironically, he was the one telling Axl to "shut-up and sing"--I don't blame Axl and Duff for saying: "no, not gonna do that stuff".

--Bashing fans for "understanding" why Axl decided not to go to the HOF, only further shows complete irrational, follow the herd behavior. You're attacking someone/something, because your dream was not fulfilled. Well, make your own dreams--vicarious living is a fucking waste of time. Hate the boss who pisses on you every day, hate the landlord who doesn't fix the leaking pipes, but don't hate Picasso for not creating another painting, or changing styles, etc. You only control yourself, and beyond that man, it's a waste of time to project your own issues and anger onto someone else. Axl owes no one anything, especially the establishment who were trying to con him into a reunion. The man did, if you put yourself truly in his shoes, the most logical and classy move possible.

That was a perfect example of how not to intelligently reply to a post with relevant points.

keep on whining and believing that you have a reason to do so. It amuses me.

Well, he have claimed the topspot a long time ago. Since Axl's been sitting in his mansion for most of the time, Slash has put out 5 records that sounds better than CD, excluding Liberated and might be 6 with his new one. So I would rather say he won by far! Izzy has done the same thing, not all records good, but enough good tunes to make a few records that sounds better than CD. Even Gilby managed to release a record better than CD. Duff and Matt were in VR, so they have done it too. Hmm... guess who was the one that falled behind? :rofl-lol:

Oh, that's right. opinion is not subjective. :confused:

Edited by Damn_Smooth

Opinions are like assholes....they're all full of shit.

Opinions are like assholes....they're all full of shit.

Very true, but shit is shit. Let's not try to pass shit off as fact.

That was a perfect example of how not to intelligently reply to a post with relevant points.

keep on whining and believing that you have a reason to do so. It amuses me.

I don't know how you do that? You try to prove a point by executing it? That wasn't so damn smooth was it? :lol:

Axl just can't stand it that other people on the same stage get the same attention (or more) that himself. That's why he now plays with some hired unknown people and became a dictator in first place; he wanted to be the leading person on stage and that's why he can never stand on the same stage as with Slash again, brcause he knows he has to share the attention with Slash.

Like when he share the stage with Bucket who is well know and famous guitarrist. Oh wait you are talking about Casual fans? The ones who thinks Axl fired Slash :rofl-lol:

And your sig is really derp herp, sorry, but your butthurt level is over 9999

Duff is a class act, this is what he said after reading Axl's letter : http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/reverb/2012/04/cleveland_will_rock_its_always.php

I'm on a plane to Cleveland for a performance tomorrow night of my musical book-reading for It's So Easy. These things make me extremely nervous, as reading in front of people has turned out to be one of those things I just don't feel too comfortable with. I think a lot of people are coming because my band, GNR, will be inducted into the so-fancy Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

And on THAT night, I will honor not myself or the chicken dinner they will most surely provide, but I will be honoring all those people who call themselves the fans of our group called Guns N' Roses.

Adversity has followed this band since its inception. I get it. That seems to be my sort of "lot" in life . . . and I think that maybe through this whole sort of rub and honesty that GNR portrayed in a very real way in those early records indeed may have helped countless others overcome varying adversities in their own lives. It's a wonderful and poignant thing to hear from different fans from around this globe. I hope that I can do you all proud.

In the end, it's not about who does or doesn't show up from the original band, and I back whatever reason this guy or that has for not coming. It's all good. The songs are the important bit here . . . and the message they most certainly still must carry.

- Duff

Edited by Mao5

Props to Axl rock2

Nope man, you are an Axl ass kisser. Anyone that sees the truth and comments on it is an ass kisser around here, get used to it. It doesn't matter if you admit Axl's faults; if you point out any former member's faults, you're an ass kisser.

What ?? Are you crazy ? :rolleyes:

Props to Axl rock2

What ?? Are you crazy ? :rolleyes:

Maybe. I can't say for sure. But that was sarcasm my friend. I thought that you would get it.

Axl just can't stand it that other people on the same stage get the same attention (or more) that himself. That's why he now plays with some hired unknown people and became a dictator in first place; he wanted to be the leading person on stage and that's why he can never stand on the same stage as with Slash again, brcause he knows he has to share the attention with Slash.

And then it is logical to let Slash get ALL the attention? Nah, it doesn't make sense. Axl probably decided to not attend because of Slash's presence, but not because he won't share the attention with him, more out of a strong personal antipathy for the man. But there are other reasons as well, both explicitly and implicitly stated by Axl, like disagreement with Matt being inducted, jabs from Steven, Duff and Slash trying to force Axl to play or be the bad guy, and so on. It's a complex thing. We might not agree with every component and Axl's overall decision, but he is being true to himself, it is hugely rock and roll, and Guns N' Roses will still rock Europe soon and hopefully start working on a new record after that.

Axl can think so but the equator doesn't run through his ass.

And then it is logical to let Slash get ALL the attention? Nah, it doesn't make sense. Axl probably decided to not attend because of Slash's presence, but not because he won't share the attention with him, more out of a strong personal antipathy for the man. But there are other reasons as well, both explicitly and implicitly stated by Axl, like disagreement with Matt being inducted, jabs from Steven, Duff and Slash trying to force Axl to play or be the bad guy, and so on. It's a complex thing. We might not agree with every component and Axl's overall decision, but he is being true to himself, it is hugely rock and roll, and Guns N' Roses will still rock Europe soon and hopefully start working on a new record after that.

I don't think anyone here disagrees with that. What we are discussing, on the other hand, are the reasons for Axl not showing up. Some people are convinced it has only to do with Axl's troubled relationship with Slash, whereas my point is that yes, that is probably part of the explanation, but there are other reasons as well (clearly alluded to in Axl's press release). And only when we fully understand the reasons can we layer a fair verdict on Axl's decision to not attend.

I don't think anyone here disagrees with that. What we are discussing, on the other hand, are the reasons for Axl not showing up. Some people are convinced it has only to do with Axl's troubled relationship with Slash, whereas my point is that yes, that is probably part of the explanation, but there are other reasons as well (clearly alluded to in Axl's press release). And only when we fully understand the reasons can we layer a fair verdict on Axl's decision to not attend.

I don't think Slash or any other former member is the reason why Axl decided not to go to the HOF. It's more about control imo. He has complete control with current G N' R but not when it comes to an event like the HOF induction because than he has to take care with the opinions and the needs of so many people.