Axl Rose not attending HOF

Tabitha27

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- how do you push musical boundaries when you don't even create music?

You don't. But surely you are not disputing that Axl is creating music? Have you heard of Chinese Democracy? Have you heard the quotes from band members and others talking about unreleased songs? It's remarkable how quickly amnesia sets in when it is convenient.

- nothing on CD is pushing the envelope when it comes to song structures when compared to Coma, Dead Horse, Locomotive, Estranged, Double Talkin Jive.

I agree. It's hard to push song structures further now without the music becoming too experimental.

- Guns have been repeating the same EXACT formula since 2001. Even with an onslaught of new musicians somehow everything they've done has been the same.... which is to say tour CD and Appetite and not do any promotion, new directions, etc. All the directions for CD were in place latest 2002.

I was talking about song writing, not details of their business model.

- What's more comfortable than doing the same tour same set list your whole life?

You are not seriously going to claim Axl have been playing the same setlist all his life??

I just don't get how he sees touring Appetite and Chinese with a revolving door of musicians is "winning", though. Maybe he doesn't see it as winning or he'd be more inclined to put out music. Maybe he just sees it as "not losing" in which case.... grow up.

*sigh* Whenever Guns N' Roses play gigs they are expected to play songs from AFD and UYI, this has nothing to do with who comprise the current lineup, it is a direct consequence of having a remarkably strong back catalogue of music with lots of classic songs the audiences demand to hear. There is nothing wrong with that. If Axl brought some former members back into the fold, the band would still have to let a large part of the set consist of the oldies goldies. That's just what it is.

Your problem, and your mistake, is implying that the current lineup ONLY plays songs off AFD and UYI. I will give you the benefit of the doubt and just assume you are ignorant of facts or have a very bad memory, and aren't stupid or deliberately misrepresenting reality, because fact is that a rather large part of the current set (5-7 songs) are from CD. Playing that many songs from a new album when you have such a strong back catalogue will only fly if those songs are really, really great, or if you play almost unheard of long sets so all the classics are included, too.

Edited by SoulMonster

The HOF's next huge cash grab attempt is 2014 is when they induct Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam and Nirvana at the same time.

Only drama I can think of is Francis Bean vs. her psycho mother.

Dave Grohl vs Courtney Love

The HOF's next huge cash grab attempt is 2014 is when they induct Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam and Nirvana at the same time.

Only drama I can think of is Francis Bean vs. her psycho mother.

Dave Grohl vs Courtney Love

Shit, didn't think of that one. Hello ratings.

Kris is going to announce his run for presidency.

Eddie and Chris are going to ask why isn't Temple of the Dog inducted.

Edited by BirdCatcher

We buy your tickets and other worthless crap.

Haha, the joke's on you if you buy worthless crap!

I will not support your next album by purchasing it.

Because he didn't attend an award show you will not let yourself be entertained, is that really what you are saying here?

This is ENTERTAINMENT and is supposed to be fun- you have taken that away for me

How exactly has Axl Rose taken away the entertainment from your life? If you don't find the shows entertaining then surely you wouldn't attend them regardless of whether Axl joins the HOF ceremony or not. And if you do find them entertaining then you area moronic clown from letting the fact that Axl doesn't attend the HOF ruin your own future entertainment.

Stay away from sharp objects.

If there is one person that embodies GnR is Axl. Simple as that. Slash, Izzy, Duff and Steven were essential to the classic era, no doubts. Especially Slash and Izzy. But if there's a single member that could NEVER have left the band is Axl. It's impossible to have GnR without him. Look at VR. Cool band. Any close to GnR? Nope. Dude IS the GnR attitude. You cannot say Slash has that same attitude. It's impossible. So basically, the OP is completely out of his mind. :xmasssanta:

It's obvious that he never left the band because he owns the name of the band.

If there is one person that embodies GnR is Axl. Simple as that. Slash, Izzy, Duff and Steven were essential to the classic era, no doubts. Especially Slash and Izzy. But if there's a single member that could NEVER have left the band is Axl. It's impossible to have GnR without him. Look at VR. Cool band. Any close to GnR? Nope. Dude IS the GnR attitude. You cannot say Slash has that same attitude. It's impossible. So basically, the OP is completely out of his mind. :xmasssanta:

It's obvious that he never left the band because he owns the name of the band.

Before he acquired the rights to the band name.

For real if they got back together tomorrow do you honestly think the magic would still be there?

Oh come on.

A reunion would be a monster and you know it.

Look,I love the new line up and dig what their doing,and I was one of the few on here giving glowing reviews of Chi-Dem when it came out...but I can't deny the original line up,unlike some of the lollipops on here saying some utterly ridiculous things about the original guys.

Name me ONE GnR show..ever...where the place didn't absolutely erupt when the first notes of Sweet Child rang out.

Or where people weren't going apeshit to Paradise City.

The magic is there...it's inherit.

You can honestly tell me (without looking for a pat on the shoulder back stage at some future gig) that you wouldn't get chills up your spine seeing...let's say...even the '91 line up playing those songs again?

Please..

And I'm not looking for a reunion,and I wasn't hoping for one to emerge from the HOF (actually a new album instead of another fucking summer tour would be nice )...but to claim there would be no magic??

Dude..I just honestly don't believe you mean that.

I just can't picture you at a reunion show with your arms folded against your chest refusing to drink in what was going down.

Look...I kniow you're all about rah rah team Axl,and that's fine.

You're telling me...if Axl was on board,supporting a reunion tour,you wouldn't buy a ticket and it wouldn't blow your mind to see those guys play those songs again?

You honestly don't think the magic that lives within those songs wouldn't move you?

Fuck man..back in March,when I saw Slash in Toronto,he played one of the most blistering versions of Rocket Queen I'd ever heard.

I saw Guns between '91 and '93 6 times in three different countries,and I can tell you..in March 2012 the "magic" was alive and well in a dingy little club,with one original member.

Add Axl,Izzy and Duff and whoever on drums....no magic??

Utter nonsense.

You still don't get it.

It doesn't matter how much you want a reunion or how willing Slash and Duff would be to do a reunion.

Speculating about a reunion is pointless. All claims about what will happen if a reunion took place is pointless.

If TODAY, you dragged Axl by chain to do a reunion show with Slash, Duff, and Sorum, that show would SUCK!!!

Even if Axl made-up with Slash, Axl would still have to find the energy to want to front the old band.

If Axl has not made it clear enough for you, let me state it clearly for you: Axl is TOO GOOD for Slash, Duff, and Sorum.

Axl has evolved while the old guys have stayed the same and stale.

That is why your claims are pointless.

You need to reread my post.

I think you missed this part:

"And I'm not looking for a reunion,and I wasn't hoping for one to emerge from the HOF (actually a new album instead of another fucking summer tour would be nice )...but to claim there would be no magic??"

I didn't say anything about "dragging Axl by a chain"...I stated "IF Axl was on board".

I wasn't looking for,or hoping for a reunion out of the HOF...at all.

What I was doing was responded to a statement that was a load of bollocks.

If they wanted it,there VERY FUCKING MUCH INDEED would be "magic".

My claim is not "pointless" in the scenario presented,but,alas,it most likely will not come to pass,so relax.

We were just discussing the presence of "magic" had they all amicably decided to have a go at it.

Now go back to bashing the guys who helped put your glorious hero in a position where anyone would even give a tad of a fuck if he continued with a band called Guns n Roses.

Your lack of respect reeks of immaturity.

One thing that comes to mind is that Hitler also had people who defended, loved and supported him through every step of the way, even though he was an evil basterd.

Wow, a Hitler comparison. Just for fun, can you point to any one here who "defend, love and support Axl through every step of the way"?

One thing that comes to mind is that Hitler also had people who defended, loved and supported him through every step of the way, even though he was an evil basterd.

Wow, a Hitler comparison. Just for fun, can you point to any one here who "defend, love and support Axl through every step of the way"?

This was the reaction I was hoping to get. I didn't compare him to Hitller, I compared you to Hitler's follower. For every cry about how the media twists things for poor old Axl, you're doing exactly the same. How about that?

Comparing axl to hitler... Oh my lord we have heard it all now.

In Axl's letter, you can read between the lines that he is concerned about the following scenario: Gunners sitting at the ceremony; the others getting up on stage to play; Axl stays in his seat; the audience, ex bandmates, moderators, other present bands and everyone else in the bulding cheering at Axl to join them for the performance and not stopping before he gets up there with them...

I think this would have been a very realistic scenerio, if he had attended. He is avoiding it by not showing up at all.

This was the one chance where there could have been some reconciliation without anybody losing their face though...

I think Axl will make it up to the Rock Hall in other ways. It might be some old outfits in storage, it could be a show where some of the proceeds go to the Rock Hall, just not a 4 hour night where he had to pay out of pocket, sitting with people he can't stand. I highly doubt he went to his high school reunion, and if someone's famous, they overlook the dropping out part.

I think the only way Axl would have gotten up to sing is if the current band had been inducted. They couldn't bend the rules for GNR yet they get to change the rules as they see fit? Ridiculous.

I'm sure Axl monitored the comments made about this in the forums, and just gave it some real thought what a night sitting near Azoff, Slash, and Adler would be like, and having spent around 20K to be in ...Cleveland.

I am wondering what Wenner's going to do about that one award Axl doesn't want. It would be amusing if they engraved the name as Axl Rose with a line crossed through it, and just go "who wants one of these trophies?" You have any idea how much one of those could go for on Ebay?

Don't laugh. Walter Becker of Steely Dan made a joke out of doing that.

http://www.steelydan.com/sdbay.html

http://www.steelydan.com/hof.html

Man I hope Axl shows up here, signs in as Dexter, and asks that some of you punks say this shit to him directly. You'd probably revert to asking him to play Oh My God.

and before someone bashes me for my username, I know what it alludes to and believe it or not Axl isn't perfect...I'm a bit disappointed in this situation but I'm more disappointed to see so many people instantly insult him and call him names that aren't necessary. It's his choice, and truth be told it's not the end of the world.

Edited by Axl Rose aka God

This was the reaction I was hoping to get. I didn't compare him to Hitller, I compared you to Hitler's follower. For every cry about how the media twists things for poor old Axl, you're doing exactly the same. How about that?

You did compare him to Hitler because you compared followers of him to followers of Hitler.

When you have to make that extreme of a comparison, you're desperate to make a point :rofl-lol:

Ali

Ali

For one. There are many others.

But the ones that rub people the wrong way are the posters who feel it is their job to bash, educate and dictate to others what they can and cannot post.

An example would be "I sure wish Axl would release a new album. That would really create positive buzz for the band."

And the response would be "you e-expert with your sense of entitlement. How dare you dictate to Axl what he should do. Axl doesn't owe you anything. You must be a real piece of sh*t in real life." And then they would go off on how hateful people in the forum are, not realizing that their posts are 10 times more full of anger than the one they are responding to.

The ones who freak out about being called a Nutter, but then label everybody who they disagree with. Everybody who wanted to see Axl at HOF is labeled a reunionist.

The ones who complain about posters using insults....but do so by calling them a worthless c*nt.

It is a shame that people with different opinions can't debate and argue civilly on here. Every post turns into a personal insult barrage.

Ali

For one. There are many others.

But the ones that rub people the wrong way are the posters who feel it is their job to bash, educate and dictate to others what they can and cannot post.

An example would be "I sure wish Axl would release a new album. That would really create positive buzz for the band."

And the response would be "you e-expert with your sense of entitlement. How dare you dictate to Axl what he should do. Axl doesn't owe you anything. You must be a real piece of sh*t in real life." And then they would go off on how hateful people in the forum are, not realizing that their posts are 10 times more full of anger than the one they are responding to.

The ones who freak out about being called a Nutter, but then label everybody who they disagree with. Everybody who wanted to see Axl at HOF is labeled a reunionist.

The ones who complain about posters using insults....but do so by calling them a worthless c*nt.

It is a shame that people with different opinions can't debate and argue civilly on here. Every post turns into a personal insult barrage.

False. As I said previously, I think Axl should have not attended but accepted in absentia. I've never called anyone a worthless anything. However, you label those you disagree with., specifically as "nutters". So, with all due respect, you haven't taken your advice about debating and arguing civilly :thumbsup:

Ali

This was the reaction I was hoping to get.

You were hoping people would react to you like you are one of those persons who pollute a discussion with outrageous comparisons meant to offend and insult?

I didn't compare him to Hitller, I compared you to Hitler's follower. For every cry about how the media twists things for poor old Axl, you're doing exactly the same. How about that?

I am doing what? Defending Axl unconditionally? Is that what you are accusing me of?

Could you use an example from real life instead?

The more I read the less I understand you people. Most of you are behaving like a bunch of spoiled children whose parents refused to give them some candy.

And seriously, all this hate towards a person you don´t even know, a person who has done nothing to you, a person whose actions don´t affect your life is plain laughable. I understand that a lot of people can feel disappointed because Axl will not attend the induction or because the reunion with the old line up will not take place but seriously, all the insults, the hatred and the cruelty showed towards Axl by the fans has reached a point that cannnot even be labelled as ridiculous because that word is not enough to describe all this backlash.