Axl Rose not attending HOF

Tabitha27

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For real if they got back together tomorrow do you honestly think the magic would still be there?

Oh come on.

A reunion would be a monster and you know it.

Look,I love the new line up and dig what their doing,and I was one of the few on here giving glowing reviews of Chi-Dem when it came out...but I can't deny the original line up,unlike some of the lollipops on here saying some utterly ridiculous things about the original guys.

Name me ONE GnR show..ever...where the place didn't absolutely erupt when the first notes of Sweet Child rang out.

Or where people weren't going apeshit to Paradise City.

The magic is there...it's inherit.

You can honestly tell me (without looking for a pat on the shoulder back stage at some future gig) that you wouldn't get chills up your spine seeing...let's say...even the '91 line up playing those songs again?

Please..

And I'm not looking for a reunion,and I wasn't hoping for one to emerge from the HOF (actually a new album instead of another fucking summer tour would be nice )...but to claim there would be no magic??

Dude..I just honestly don't believe you mean that.

I just can't picture you at a reunion show with your arms folded against your chest refusing to drink in what was going down.

Look...I kniow you're all about rah rah team Axl,and that's fine.

You're telling me...if Axl was on board,supporting a reunion tour,you wouldn't buy a ticket and it wouldn't blow your mind to see those guys play those songs again?

You honestly don't think the magic that lives within those songs wouldn't move you?

Fuck man..back in March,when I saw Slash in Toronto,he played one of the most blistering versions of Rocket Queen I'd ever heard.

I saw Guns between '91 and '93 6 times in three different countries,and I can tell you..in March 2012 the "magic" was alive and well in a dingy little club,with one original member.

Add Axl,Izzy and Duff and whoever on drums....no magic??

Utter nonsense.

A reunion on thier terms, for sure I would go and see that and be cumming in my jeans, absolutly. The point you are missing is THEY don't want it, therfore if they were to play tomorrow the magic would not be there, they would just be going through the motions for someone or something else, be it fans or the $ or some record exec or whatever. For instance, the last time I saw the band they had this magic about them, the whole show, the new songs, the old songs whatever. In retrospect I loved the show in 2002 and 2006 at the time but it was not there for me at all back then looking back just something I wanted to be good, there was fuck all magic after the opening of Jungle, the band did not gel at all when comparing to todays GN'R. They were just playing the songs, sure the crowd liked it, but to say it compares to even today's GN'R no way, not even close. Having said that the band I saw back in the day was not only tight but there was a stage presence unrivalled anywhere at the time, you could feel the shit pouring off the stage back in the day.

To put simply I fail to see how me having gone backstage has anything to do with my opinion, if that were the case I would claim that you having not been backstage must have a chip on your shoulder, but that would not be accurate now would it? I don't believe it is...

I hate being sucked into a reuniun discussion knowing it will never happen, but I must maintain what I always said being that if they all felt the need to do it and they did it on thier terms not from pressure or $$$ or any outside business bullshit then I would be all for it, I would be first in line at the gate, make no mistake about it. I just don't feel like they should do it because I, or WE want them to.

Some of you like to try to paint an inaccuate picture of me loving everything the new band does because I went backstage, and because of that I must hate the old guys and the old band yadda yadda, it is simply untrue. Do you think I post in the former gunners just because I feel like it at the time? lol, no it is because I enjoy the stuff, I know that is so far fetched to some very small group of people.

So in a slightly less winded points here we go:

I went backstage in 2010 and met many members of the band including Axl, and some hate that that happend, I am sorry everyone could not go, truly.

I went backstage in 2011 and talked to Ron, Beta and a few others. I also gave backstage passes that I had extras of to a couple users of this forum because I wanted to even though I had family members there that wanted to go backstage. I am not sure how that can be twisted but I am sure some will find a way :book:

I like the band today, I like the band of yesterday, I like Slash, I like Duff, I like Izzy, heck I even like Steven! Even Myles who I am still on the fence about I can dig . I am a GN'R fan who prefers to focus on positivity instead of bashing or negative energy, no different than real life, negative shit brings us down, some folk's are drawn to it others get away from it.

Did I think there was any chance of Axl attending HOF? No I didn't, and he sure as hell was not going to play with them, we all knew that yet some made up something and are lashing out because of it.

The point is really fans want them to get back together because the fans want it so bad, not for me the proper reason, neither is money...

I am a GN'R fan, I guess I should get angry at my computer screen and cry myself to sleep because some peoples dreams were shattered by the letter? Remember there was ZERO chance it was happening, ZERO. We all knew it yet acted as though somehow we are denied something that never was at all...

People will always find somethign to bitch about, it is just human nature. Jealousy is another human traight

And now if you have any personal issues with me then please PM me, my inbox is open all the time :thumbsup:

Edited by gunsguy

For real if they got back together tomorrow do you honestly think the magic would still be there?

Oh come on.

Look,I love the new line up and dig what their doing,and I was one of the few on here giving glowing reviews of Chi-Dem when it came out...but I can't deny the original line up,unlike some of the lollipops on here saying some utterly ridiculous things about the original guys.

Name me ONE GnR show..ever...where the place didn't absolutely erupt when the first notes of Sweet Child rang out.

You can honestly tell me (without looking for a pat on the shoulder back stage at some future gig) that you wouldn't get chills up your spine seeing...let's say...even the '91 line up playing those songs again?

Please..

And I'm not looking for a reunion,and I wasn't hoping for one to emerge from the HOF (actually a new album instead of another fucking summer tour would be nice )...but to claim there would be no magic??

I just can't picture you at a reunion show with your arms folded against your chest refusing to drink in what was going down.

You're telling me...if Axl was on board,supporting a reunion tour,you wouldn't buy a ticket and it wouldn't blow your mind to see those guys play those songs again?

You honestly don't think the magic that lives within those songs wouldn't move you?

Fuck man..back in March,when I saw Slash in Toronto,he played one of the most blistering versions of Rocket Queen I'd ever heard.

I saw Guns between '91 and '93 6 times in three different countries,and I can tell you..in March 2012 the "magic" was alive and well in a dingy little club,with one original member.

Utter nonsense.

awesome post.

Oh come on.

Please..

Utter nonsense.

Everything you say rings true with me about an original line-up reunion, and I thought it was a sure bet that it would happen, as I felt the Big Wigs had cornered him with no way out but to show and play a song, if only to keep the new band and his career alive. Leave it to Axl to find an even better way to gain street cred, and give the new band a shot of adrenaline, while not hurting their run. With that said, the reunion magic (which would rock everyone here's worlds) doesn't take away from the fact, that this move adds to the legend of Axl--he takes orders from no one, and the HOF folks in-cahoots with Live Nation hoping for a reunion tour so they could make money like Wall Street brokers at the expense of the common fan, well Axl sniffed your motives out, and gave you a BIG MIDDLE FINGER. Moreover, after the next few days, this move is going to look more brilliant. When Axl comes to town, folks will be talking about it--the legend who had the balls to turn down the HOF.

And for all those calling Axl out, remember the other founding member Izzy won't be there. The only way Slash, Adler, and Duff (who I believe actually is about the fans--cause that is who he is), can save face is to say they are "there for the fans". Guns TWO most important members will not be there: Axl and Izzy. Nuff said--this HOF induction has not credibility at all. It would be like ELO getting inducted, and Jeff Lynne isn't there. Or, the Beatles getting inducted, and McCartney is not there (oh that one happened); or better yet, U2 without Bono or the Edge. Slash, was a replacement for Tracci Guns, and I have a hunch if Izzy and Axl would have stuck with Tracci, that trio would still be together.

reunions are tricky, there is no guarantee any of the magic will still be there when deep purple got back together with ritchie and ian for perfect strangers the magic was still there but with sabbath reuniting with ozzy it is pretty apparent the magic is not there IMO

i just think the ship for a gnr reunion with the AFD, or UYI lineup set sail a long long time ago

This is his victory. The ROR has lost. This is a big embarrassment for them, they wanted to take credit for getting them all on stage but Axl fucks it up for them. He won.

exactly awesome post :thumbsup:

really?

What he wins?

:shrugs:

Integrity.

More respect from his true fans!

No matter what happens- GnR goes down in the history books as a total joke. IE- Nelson, Warrant, White Snake, Skid Row, Dokken etc......

Who gives a shit what they go down as in the history books?

Rock music was never about accepting awards and dressing up in fancy suits anyway.

it's not about living surrounded by lawyers and shoving botox up your face either.

It's not about performing with fergie or wearing the same hat and outfit you wore 20 years ago either. Also, volkswagons.

No matter what happens- GnR goes down in the history books as a total joke. IE- Nelson, Warrant, White Snake, Skid Row, Dokken etc......

Who gives a shit what they go down as in the history books?

GN'R is a better band than all of them. Shut new GN'R can and has come up with better new music.

Yes people get divorced, and those same people STILL get together and are civil to each other for important events such as their children's graduations, weddings,funerals, etc. Why? Because after you create something with others, you can't pretend it never existed whether it be children or music or a massive fanbase.

Axl has the right to do this, but IMO it's a huge mistake. It's so sad, fuckin' 50 years old and nothing has changed. Ironically, this decision of his proves he HASN'T moved on from his past issues. Really, really sad.

You cannot seriously compare children's need to spend holidays with both their parents with fans' need to see Axl and Slash together on television.

Anyway even though it was a dream by so many with no facts, I do feel bad for those hoping for something more than what we knew it would be. Some fans are hurt or feel angry. What sucks is so many feel the need to bash heavily and destroy the forums content and rules. Not only do it but be allowed to do it.

This is his victory. The ROR has lost. This is a big embarrassment for them, they wanted to take credit for getting them all on stage but Axl fucks it up for them. He won.

exactly awesome post :thumbsup:

really?

What he wins?

:shrugs:

he keeps his integrity and knowing he didnt allow himself to be used by a joke of an orginization, who wanted to use him and the rest of the original gnr to spark false reunion talk to gain ratings on hbo and to make money from the original lineup appearing onstage,axl said fuck you thats why he won.

Rock music was never about accepting awards and dressing up in fancy suits anyway.

it's not about living surrounded by lawyers and shoving botox up your face either.

It's not about performing with fergie or wearing the same hat and outfit you wore 20 years ago either. Also, volkswagons.

absolutely. slash and axl forgot what rock n roll really is a long time ago.

for sure I would go and see that and be cumming in my jeans, absolutly. The point you are missing is THEY don't want it, therfore if they were to play tomorrow the magic would not be there, they would just be going through the motions for someone or something else

This gave me a very unfortunate series of mental images.

Dude.

Edited by DirtyDeeds

for sure I would go and see that and be cumming in my jeans, absolutly. The point you are missing is THEY don't want it, therfore if they were to play tomorrow the magic would not be there, they would just be going through the motions for someone or something else

This gave me a very unfortunate series of mental images.

Dude.

Hey I was not going to open the jeans to show everyone :)

Anyways, off ta bed gnite everyone :D

Edited by gunsguy

Maybe he's surrounded by lawyers because everybody tries to sue him. Like he said on TMS, he doesn't sue as much as he gets sued.

I'm sure he could sue HOF for using the GNR name without his permission, but he won't. How nice.

Maybe he's surrounded by lawyers because everybody tries to sue him. Like he said on TMS, he doesn't sue as much as he gets sued.

I'm sure he could sue HOF for using the GNR name without his permission, but he won't. How nice.

i wouldn't be ssure. actually i feel we have a new wave of legal battles coming soon because of HoF. And the new album gets an excuse for a new delay.

if axl does things by himself, he wouldn't have hired guys like azoff and merck. the lebeis family must be his last resort.

--All the folks I see all over the web, most of whom have no idea about the goings on of GN'R during the past 15 years, tweeting and commenting on articles calling Axl names, an egomaniac, etc. are the ones being extremely irrational. For one, none of them know him personally, and he hasn't done anything to them at all. Moreover, most don't even typically care for GNR, they are just following the pack, as they've been trained to do by the modern music/entertainment industrial complex. It's the American Idol/Perez Hilton generation kids that are doing most of the bashing--spoiled babies who just repeat what they heard a DJ say, or what another clueless friend on Facebook said. Learn to think for yourselves kids....sad.

--If a reunion is going to ever happen, as Gunsguy articulately pointed out, it will happen due to the guys coming together in an organic way. Not in a way that is contrived by the HOF, Live Nation, and AEG.

--Bashing Axl for not wanting to go a Country Club Dinner (which you have to pay to attend), which has zero impact on anyone's lives, is nonsensical. Even more so, when none of these articles mention an important piece of the puzzle: Izzy isn't going. Izzy and Axl formed this band, and were the main songwriters. What the HOF will end up being is a new way for Irving Azoff to market Velvet Revolver, and find a lead singer popular enough to book another tour with these guys. Without Axl or Izzy, this is VR getting inducted--not GN'R. If Izzy was going to go, my bet is Axl would have gone. I think those two are still very close, and the two who were the keys to this band. You want proof of Slash's megalomania--look no further than him positioning himself with the media as the "Keith Richards" or "Joe Perry" of GN'R. Nothing could be further from the truth---Izzy always was the "Keith", of GN'R. Look to 94-95, Slash brought in the Snakepit songs, Axl and Duff reject them; Axl doesn't like Gilby's stuff, and who does he go to for songs: Izzy. AS Duff said, they started working up some songs with Izzy. Without Izzy, I don't think Axl saw Slash as an important part of the band, especially after Slash brought in the crap Snakepit songs, and told Axl to shut-up and sing. Axl realized at that point, this guy has gone beyond a power grab, and thus the rift began. Axl knew the songs had to be at a level far above Snakepit, and Slash wasn't capable of writing those songs, nor had the desire to learn how to write those kind of songs. Ironically, he was the one telling Axl to "shut-up and sing"--I don't blame Axl and Duff for saying: "no, not gonna do that stuff".

--Bashing fans for "understanding" why Axl decided not to go to the HOF, only further shows complete irrational, follow the herd behavior. You're attacking someone/something, because your dream was not fulfilled. Well, make your own dreams--vicarious living is a fucking waste of time. Hate the boss who pisses on you every day, hate the landlord who doesn't fix the leaking pipes, but don't hate Picasso for not creating another painting, or changing styles, etc. You only control yourself, and beyond that man, it's a waste of time to project your own issues and anger onto someone else. Axl owes no one anything, especially the establishment who were trying to con him into a reunion. The man did, if you put yourself truly in his shoes, the most logical and classy move possible.

The point you are missing is THEY don't want it, therfore if they were to play tomorrow the magic would not be there, they would just be going through the motions for someone or something else, be it fans or the $ or some record exec or whatever.

Not missing that point,it's glaringly obvious that if they wanted it,it would be happening.

I commented on your statement: "For real if they got back together tomorrow do you honestly think the magic would still be there?".

You didn't state anything about them wanting it or not.

But let's play devil's advocate here...let's presume change of heart (we both know heart's can change) had them hungry for it.

Can I quote you again now??

"For real if they got back together tomorrow do you honestly think the magic would still be there?

Well you already answered me,you'd be there creaming your pants,so there ya go.

In retrospect I loved the show in 2002 and 2006 at the time but it was not there for me at all back then looking back just something I wanted to be good, there was fuck all magic after the opening of Jungle, the band did not gel at all when comparing to todays GN'R. They were just playing the songs, sure the crowd liked it, but to say it compares to even today's GN'R no way, not even close. Having said that the band I saw back in the day was not only tight but there was a stage presence unrivalled anywhere at the time, you could feel the shit pouring off the stage back in the day.

I didn't compare 2002 to 2010 or any of that,regardless of your personal opinion of shows,I asked you to name one show where the crowd didn't erupt when the first notes of Sweet Child rang out...that inherit magic that exists in those moments.

You didn't answer me.I've seen every show in Ontario (except for last Oct) that you have,and I know the answer because the place went nuts every fucking time.

To put simply I fail to see how me having gone backstage has anything to do with my opinion, if that were the case I would claim that you having not been backstage must have a chip on your shoulder, but that would not be accurate now would it? I don't believe it is...

I can understand how you would fail to see it,but I'll digress.

Once upon a time when you were gushing to me in PM's about being backstage,I told you that I had no interest in that sort of thing,and that if Eric or anyone ever offered me the opportunity,I would sincerely and gladly offer my pass to another member of this forum whom it would really mean something to.Like the dude from Iceland or wherever who was going to sleep outside in a fucking tent in the winter to see the band.That guy I would hand a pass to in a heartbeat.

You didn't seem to believe me and offered reasons why I should want to go backstage.

No chip on my shoulder here mate,it means nothing to me.I worship from afar.Sitting backstage fawning over my idols is not my thing.Never was....never will be.

Take this to the bank...should anyone ever offer me a backstage pass,I'll be looking for someone worthy to pass it along to.

I don't hate that you went backstage...couldn't give a rat's ass if you want to know the honest truth (sincerely).

I see you used this opportunity here to go in to detail about it again.It's like you use it as some sort of self promotion.It just comes off as a bit tasteless. :shrugs:

As for the rest of your reply that went off track of the discussion at hand,if you are suggesting that I'm crying in my monitor because my dreams are shattered,well...no.

No dreams are shattered,I saw the 91-93 line up plenty,may appetite is sated.

What I was hoping for,beyond hope,was that 5 middle aged men could smile,shake hands,knowing without speaking that they really accomplished something truly amazing,that meant something profound to millions around the world.Something profound enough that people would just uproot the stakes of their lives and follow these guys around the globe.

I was hoping they could be gracious,congenial,mature,wise-with-age,humbled,appreciative and acutely aware of how important it would have been to those fans that initially put them in the position to be afforded this opportunity.

I was hoping for humbled acceptance speeches,and 5 guys on their way....nothing more.

And I was looking forward to (and still am) whomever Slash might jam with.

What a terrible dream to dream huh? :shrugs:

And now if you have any personal issues with me then please PM me, my inbox is open all the time :thumbsup:

I have no desire to PM a backstabber,so thanks,but I'll pass. :thumbsup: