Axl Rose not attending HOF

Tabitha27

Axl just can't stand it that other people on the same stage get the same attention (or more) that himself. That's why he now plays with some hired unknown people and became a dictator in first place; he wanted to be the leading person on stage and that's why he can never stand on the same stage as with Slash again, brcause he knows he has to share the attention with Slash.

And then it is logical to let Slash get ALL the attention? Nah, it doesn't make sense. Axl probably decided to not attend because of Slash's presence, but not because he won't share the attention with him, more out of a strong personal antipathy for the man. But there are other reasons as well, both explicitly and implicitly stated by Axl, like disagreement with Matt being inducted, jabs from Steven, Duff and Slash trying to force Axl to play or be the bad guy, and so on. It's a complex thing. We might not agree with every component and Axl's overall decision, but he is being true to himself, it is hugely rock and roll, and Guns N' Roses will still rock Europe soon and hopefully start working on a new record after that.

Axl can think so but the equator doesn't run through his ass.

I don't think anyone here disagrees with that. What we are discussing, on the other hand, are the reasons for Axl not showing up. Some people are convinced it has only to do with Axl's troubled relationship with Slash, whereas my point is that yes, that is probably part of the explanation, but there are other reasons as well (clearly alluded to in Axl's press release). And only when we fully understand the reasons can we layer a fair verdict on Axl's decision to not attend.

I don't think Slash or any other former member is the reason why Axl decided not to go to the HOF. It's more about control imo. He has complete control with current G N' R but not when it comes to an event like the HOF induction because than he has to take care with the opinions and the needs of so many people.

Sounds plausible that this is also one of many reasons.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Axl Rose IS GNR. Get over it.

that was said by many member sof this board over the years quit regulary.

And it is so fuckin`true!!!!!!!!

To think `Axl admitted defeat that Slash & Original band IS GNR ` is very very far from reality if you ask me..

Actually it is quit a victory for Axl to show the middlefinger to the Hall of fame.

Everybody who is bitching now might only want the old band back which is ( thank god!! ) not gonna happen.

This GNR is clearly the better band and the world would have taken notice if CD would have been handled in a proper way.

I am no Axl ass kisser but i totally support his decison . This basicly show how much he cares for his band and on the other hand how much he cares for the fans . Why ?Becasue he might want to give us new music and that will ONLY happen with the new band at this point. Accepting an award with his `former friends `would have been the wrong sign here.

Props to Axl rock2

ah, and for those that still cry that they want Slash back : Get a life and move on

Bring on the european tour!!!!

Nope man, you are an Axl ass kisser. Anyone that sees the truth and comments on it is an ass kisser around here, get used to it. It doesn't matter if you admit Axl's faults; if you point out any former member's faults, you're an ass kisser.

What ?? Are you crazy ? :rolleyes:

Maybe. I can't say for sure. But that was sarcasm my friend. I thought that you would get it.

sorry my friend ! English is not my mother tongue!

I must have missed it !!!!!! :wub:

To the OP Axl has not been defeated. He simply is not attending a function this is not a war. But for all the hate he has for Slash guess who will walk up on the podium in the name of GNR and except his induction tomorrow night along with Duff, Steven, and Matt. And instead of Axl singing GNR songs somebody else will do it. This has turned out to read like a Hollywood movie.

Edited by sleeper

Axl Rose IS GNR. Get over it.

that was said by many member sof this board over the years quit regulary.

And it is so fuckin`true!!!!!!!!

To think `Axl admitted defeat that Slash & Original band IS GNR ` is very very far from reality if you ask me..

Actually it is quit a victory for Axl to show the middlefinger to the Hall of fame.

Everybody who is bitching now might only want the old band back which is ( thank god!! ) not gonna happen.

This GNR is clearly the better band and the world would have taken notice if CD would have been handled in a proper way.

I am no Axl ass kisser but i totally support his decison . This basicly show how much he cares for his band and on the other hand how much he cares for the fans . Why ?Becasue he might want to give us new music and that will ONLY happen with the new band at this point. Accepting an award with his `former friends `would have been the wrong sign here.

Props to Axl rock2

ah, and for those that still cry that they want Slash back : Get a life and move on

Bring on the european tour!!!!

Nope man, you are an Axl ass kisser. Anyone that sees the truth and comments on it is an ass kisser around here, get used to it. It doesn't matter if you admit Axl's faults; if you point out any former member's faults, you're an ass kisser.

What ?? Are you crazy ? :rolleyes:

Maybe. I can't say for sure. But that was sarcasm my friend. I thought that you would get it.

sorry my friend ! English is not my mother tongue!

I must have missed it !!!!!! :wub:

It's all good man. If i had known that you were not a native speaker, I wouldn't have said that. It's always nice to meet a real fan.

Your post was awesome.

I think Bruce Springsteen is the only performer I've ever seen blow Axl off the stage.

No matter what happens- GnR goes down in the history books as a total joke. IE- Nelson, Warrant, White Snake, Skid Row, Dokken etc......

I don't think that part is true. A lot of people still realize that Guns were great, that's why everyone gets so disappointed with Axl.

Axl's not exactly the guy you want to sing duets with, although I do like Baz & Axl double teaming Michelle...

He'll be back to present to someone he's a fan of, or bring GNR to play songs if it's about contributing money. He didn't have to sit at a table to be able to do that.

I think Bruce Springsteen is the only performer I've ever seen blow Axl off the stage.

I guess that I will have to respectfully disagree with that nonsense.

It's hard to deny video proof, lol, I'm sure Axl would even admit it himself.

I've seen the video a million times and I have the song in my collection. Still going to disagree with your nonsense.

If there is one person that embodies GnR is Axl. Simple as that. Slash, Izzy, Duff and Steven were essential to the classic era, no doubts. Especially Slash and Izzy. But if there's a single member that could NEVER have left the band is Axl. It's impossible to have GnR without him. Look at VR. Cool band. Any close to GnR? Nope. Dude IS the GnR attitude. You cannot say Slash has that same attitude. It's impossible. So basically, the OP is completely out of his mind. :xmasssanta:

If there is one person that embodies GnR is Axl. Simple as that. Slash, Izzy, Duff and Steven were essential to the classic era, no doubts. Especially Slash and Izzy. But if there's a single member that could NEVER have left the band is Axl. It's impossible to have GnR without him. Look at VR. Cool band. Any close to GnR? Nope. Dude IS the GnR attitude. You cannot say Slash has that same attitude. It's impossible. So basically, the OP is completely out of his mind. :xmasssanta:

Prepare yourself for the blind onslaught of mentally handicapped Slash fanboys that have fooled themselves in to thinking that Slash made the band.

The shield from flamers is yours.

Prepare yourself for the blind onslaught of mentally handicapped Slash fanboys that have fooled themselves in to thinking that Slash made the band.

Brace-Yourself-The-Squirrels-Are-Coming.jpg

Brace-Yourself-The-Squirrels-Are-Coming.jpg

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

your opinion thats cool, to me as soon as slash left, it ceased to be gnr. you saying VR isnt close to gnr because theres no axl, majority of the fans would say the same about axl's current gnr with none of the original guys. the only thing guns n roses about it is the name and his voice. gnr was always much more than that.

Yes, like pushing musical boundaries and exploring new territory, specific lyrical themes, pushing the envelope when it comes to arrangements and song structures...everything Guns N' Roses has maintained and which has little to do with Velvet Revolver and especially Slash.

Guns N' Roses has never been about repeating a formula, about lingering in one comfortable music zone, or about doing things easy, and this is clearly seen in the evolution from AFD to UYI and further on to CD. It was clear that there was a vision for Guns N' Roses early on, the members said so themselves. Unfortunately not all the old members agreed with the vision and direction, or weren't up to it, and lineups died.

I have a t-shirt that reads "Fuck You You Fucking Fuck!" That's pretty much the way I feel about you Axl- You're a selfish, ungrateful, self-involved Douche Bag! I went to your last show in LA (thank god my friend bought my ticket) and although you finally said thank you to your fans- something you didn't do way back when we supported you on your first tour with "Guns N

Roses," I don't think you will ever get that without us, you're not shit. We buy your tickets and other worthless crap. We make you relevant- certainly not your new music. I will not support your next album by purchasing it. I will not go to another kareoke show where I have to hear a shadow of your vocal ability and a bunch of guys using you to rocket themselves to fortune and fame by having to play someone else's music like little bitches. Standing in the crowd of cameraphone zombies, I just felt sad for your backup band. Slash made mistakes that he has clearly taken responsibility for. Time for you to do the same, butthole. The Hall of Fame is just the final straw in a long list of things that show how unappreciative you are to the people who made you who you are. This is ENTERTAINMENT and is supposed to be fun- you have taken that away for me- I will always respect your talent, but I hate you for sucking the last ounce of joy from what once was. Couldn't you have at least put your over inflated ego aside just once? I'm glad you rejected being inducted because you are truly not worthy to be in the pantheon of rock greats like Slash.

-Vinnymaxx

your opinion thats cool, to me as soon as slash left, it ceased to be gnr. you saying VR isnt close to gnr because theres no axl, majority of the fans would say the same about axl's current gnr with none of the original guys. the only thing guns n roses about it is the name and his voice. gnr was always much more than that.

Yes, like pushing musical boundaries and exploring new territory, specific lyrical themes, pushing the envelope when it comes to arrangements and song structures...everything Guns N' Roses has maintained and which has little to do with Velvet Revolver and especially Slash.

Guns N' Roses has never been about repeating a formula, about lingering in one comfortable music zone, or about doing things easy, and this is clearly seen in the evolution from AFD to UYI and further on to CD. It was clear that there was a vision for Guns N' Roses early on, the members said so themselves. Unfortunately not all the old members agreed with the vision and direction, or weren't up to it, and lineups died.

- how do you push musical boundaries when you don't even create music?

- nothing on CD is pushing the envelope when it comes to song structures when compared to Coma, Dead Horse, Locomotive, Estranged, Double Talkin Jive.

- Guns have been repeating the same EXACT formula since 2001. Even with an onslaught of new musicians somehow everything they've done has been the same.... which is to say tour CD and Appetite and not do any promotion, new directions, etc. All the directions for CD were in place latest 2002.

- What's more comfortable than doing the same tour same set list your whole life?

By Axl Rose not showing up and letting Steven Adler,Slash & Duff show up to accept the award for GNR he admits defeat that Slash,Duff & Steven ARE GNR. Thats what I think, Axl should have gone to just take control of the situation at least.

Thats more hurtful to the new band than just going there accepting the award & leaving, he didn't have to perform. Kind of weak not going there to confront the BS that has plagued the new band. Thing is, Slash has a new cd coming out that he's going to want to promote,Duff has Loaded,Izzy has his dirt bike and Pawn Shop and Steven has his band and Matt is trying to get a singer for VR so him,Duff and Slash can get back to business, a full on reunion isn't what would happen, the fans just wanted one last show while Axl can still sing. The original guys have too much stuff going on to throw away just to derail Axl's new guns.

:rofl-lol: The obvious reason is because it is a total disrespect to what he believes (whether you believe it or not makes no difference) is the now present line-up of Guns N Roses. The same Guns N Roses your beloved Slash was in.

Admitting defeat would be Axl doing a reunion and taking the money. How hard is that to understand?

I have a t-shirt that reads "Fuck You You Fucking Fuck!" That's pretty much the way I feel about you Axl- You're a selfish, ungrateful, self-involved Douche Bag! I went to your last show in LA (thank god my friend bought my ticket) and although you finally said thank you to your fans- something you didn't do way back when we supported you on your first tour with "Guns N

Roses," I don't think you will ever get that without us, you're not shit. We buy your tickets and other worthless crap. We make you relevant- certainly not your new music. I will not support your next album by purchasing it. I will not go to another kareoke show where I have to hear a shadow of your vocal ability and a bunch of guys using you to rocket themselves to fortune and fame by having to play someone else's music like little bitches. Standing in the crowd of cameraphone zombies, I just felt sad for your backup band. Slash made mistakes that he has clearly taken responsibility for. Time for you to do the same, butthole. The Hall of Fame is just the final straw in a long list of things that show how unappreciative you are to the people who made you who you are. This is ENTERTAINMENT and is supposed to be fun- you have taken that away for me- I will always respect your talent, but I hate you for sucking the last ounce of joy from what once was. Couldn't you have at least put your over inflated ego aside just once? I'm glad you rejected being inducted because you are truly not worthy to be in the pantheon of rock greats like Slash.

-Vinnymaxx

Can you please cry harder? You haven't drowned anything yet.

In Axl's letter, you can read between the lines that he is concerned about the following scenario: Gunners sitting at the ceremony; the others getting up on stage to play; Axl stays in his seat; the audience, ex bandmates, moderators, other present bands and everyone else in the bulding cheering at Axl to join them for the performance and not stopping before he gets up there with them...

I think this would have been a very realistic scenerio, if he had attended. He is avoiding it by not showing up at all.

This was the one chance where there could have been some reconciliation without anybody losing their face though...

WINNING!!!

Search for Axl Rose on Google now yields: 177,000,000 results :thumbsup:

I have now heard, on Morning Edition (NPR's morning news show) the story of Axl twice this morning--they were not negative about his reasons for not showing at all. Just showing again that this news has generated an incredible amount of interest in what Axl is up to, and also is giving him street cred. Flea was saying that he thought the HOF was kind of a joke, in that many of the great bands are not inducted, but many of the commercial bands who made it big, regardless if they had lasting musical contributions, are inducted.

In Axl's letter, you can read between the lines that he is concerned about the following scenario: Gunners sitting at the ceremony; the others getting up on stage to play; Axl stays in his seat; the audience, ex bandmates, moderators, other present bands and everyone else in the bulding cheering at Axl to join them for the performance and not stopping before he gets up there with them...

I think this would have been a very realistic scenerio, if he had attended. He is avoiding it by not showing up at all.

This was the one chance where there could have been some reconciliation without anybody losing their face though...

Everyone knows this. He hates Slash too much and he might have to play the songs that made him rich with the people who wrote/helped write them.

Wait, I meant to say he's such a badass for not attending!