Axl Rose not attending HOF

Tabitha27

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Donald Trump

@realDonaldTrump

Axl Rose should take his #rockhall2012 honors and be happy. Stop the no induction nonsense. Do it for your fans @axlrose.

“You know, Donald Trump is such a douchebag, that if you look up the word douchebag in the dictionary, there’s a picture of Spencer Pratt. But if you look close, Spencer Pratt is holding up a picture of Donald Trump. And Donald, I’m not even sure if you’re aware of this, but the only difference between you and Michael Douglas from the movie ‘Wall Street’ is that no one’s going to be sad when you get cancer.”

-Anthony Jeselnik

Oh nozzz negative comment towards Axl, here comes Flayer trying to be funny :rofl-lol: Things get so predictable here.

Donald Trump

@realDonaldTrump

Axl Rose should take his #rockhall2012 honors and be happy. Stop the no induction nonsense. Do it for your fans @axlrose.

"You know, Donald Trump is such a douchebag, that if you look up the word douchebag in the dictionary, there's a picture of Spencer Pratt. But if you look close, Spencer Pratt is holding up a picture of Donald Trump. And Donald, I'm not even sure if you're aware of this, but the only difference between you and Michael Douglas from the movie 'Wall Street' is that no one's going to be sad when you get cancer."

-Anthony Jeselnik

Oh nozzz negative comment towards Axl, here comes Flayer trying to be funny :rofl-lol: Things get so predictable here.

Hey, Flayer is funny. Gives me a laugh with the things he comes up with - keep it up Flayer :thumbsup:

I can't wait for anyone to confirm Groghan's claim, so I will just test it myself:

I sure wish Axl would release a new album. That would really create positive buzz for the band. I really mean it. It's not contrived from my part. And Axl is an asshole.

Now I'll wait for the ensuing shitstorm Groghan has predicted.

We all know, its just a manufactured bogeyman that Groghan keeps parading. I have never seen a single post here that expresses hostility for the idea of another album.

You two are funny. It is cute how much you guys care about my posts.

I havent called anybody a Nutter in over a month - but continue to bring up the term if you like. Odd that it bugs you so much, but the term reunionist doesn't bother you at all. Funny how that double standard works.

Soulmonster, remind me what the challenge is? I get you, damn smooth, Rabia and a couple others mixed up. Are u the one who said I must be a bitter little man in real life because I apparently carried a grudge about you from topic to topic .....no, u wouldn't have said that, because you carry grudges. Were you the one who based Duff for his letter because he didn't send it a month ago, but then didn't hold Axl to the same standard with his letter? No, that would make you a total hypocrite. Hhmm. I know you see yourself as the Axl and forum police, and it is very important to you to fight with posters you feel are not praising Axl or are not using the term original correctly, right?

I honestly don't remember which ones of those are you......so remind me what you are talking about.

Soulmonster - seriously? You haven't noticed any of what I've said on the forum, especially in the last week?

No, I haven't, and I find it hilarious that that is your interpretation of what is going on here.

I'm at work, so I'm not going to search through and pull up all the comments right now, but I will do that in the next couple of days.

Looking forward to it. Don't forget it.

An example would be "I sure wish Axl would release a new album. That would really create positive buzz for the band."

And the response would be "you e-expert with your sense of entitlement. How dare you dictate to Axl what he should do. Axl doesn't owe you anything. You must be a real piece of sh*t in real life." And then they would go off on how hateful people in the forum are, not realizing that their posts are 10 times more full of anger than the one they are responding to.

Could you use an example from real life instead?

Yeah why not? Something like this:

If Axl continues to hoard the rest of the Chinese Democracy era tracks, and doesn't put out a new album in 2012, I honestly don't know if I can continue to support this band, meaning continuing to defend them against naysayers. Without more new music, they're only reaffirming themselves as simply a nostalgia band, which is a damn shame when you consider all the other good music Axl hasn't released yet, and all the potential in the current lineup.

Is what typically gets slammed, not "I wish there was new music." Fucking everyone wants new music. No one disagrees with that. It's when the posts are loaded with a whining, demanding, entitled, know-it-all, condescending, or other negative attitude that they get jumped on.

Exactly. Thank you for being both intelligent and funny.

Ok, I found it.

First, I apologize. I am not going to search through old posts to try and find examples to use for a discussion on a rock n roll forum. So u can say you "won" or whatever.

If I ever find myself taking a rock forum so seriously that I need to research old topics to try and find examples to try and win a debate.....that is the day I will step away from the internet.

Second.

As luck would have it, your post and Flayer's post prove my point.

It is ALL about perspective.

Flayer insults posters that he disagrees with.(see above).

Since you agree with Flayer, you tell him his post or right on and how intelligent he is. All because you and him agree on this issue. It's the same as why the term Nutter gets you riled up, but it doesn't bother you when people use the term reunionist.

Both are derogatory terms towards members.....but only one makes you mad.

Flayer calls people names....doesn't bother you.

I call somebody a name......it bothers you.

Because you agree with Flayer and not with me.

It is all about perspective. It is all about if you agree with the person dishing out the insults.

Flayers post and your response proves my point 100%. So I thank you both for that.

Now for f*cks sakes. Can we all just civilly debate the topics and stop with the carrying grudges thing. It makes everybody involved look silly.

First, I apologize. I am not going to search through old posts to try and find examples to use for a discussion on a rock n roll forum. So u can say you "won" or whatever.

Fact is that you couldn't find any example where people get bashed just for saying that they would like a new record, because no such example exist.

As luck would have it, your post and Flayer's post prove my point.

Your point was that people get bashed from wanting a new record, and no, your point has not been proven at all.

I call somebody a name......it bothers you.

No, not all. I have nothing against insults. In fact, when people are so stupid they claim they are getting bashed just for expressing a desire for a new record, I find great entertainment in insulting them and their delusions.

I havent called anybody a Nutter in over a month - but continue to bring up the term if you like. Odd that it bugs you so much, but the term reunionist doesn't bother you at all. Funny how that double standard works.

"Reunionist" is a term that rather precisely describe people here (those that want a reunion more than a continuation of the current lineup), whereas "nutter" is a term that doesn't describe anyone here (people who defend Axl unconditionally and will bash people from expressing a desire for a new record). Do you now understand that I can use one of these terms while criticise the usage of the other? There is no double standard here.

Were you the one who based Duff for his letter because he didn't send it a month ago, but then didn't hold Axl to the same standard with his letter?

I criticised Duff for not contacting Axl earlier to arrange a concert at the HOF ceremony if his desire was to play with him. I do not see what that has to do with Axl's letter, or how you can transfer my argument on Duff to it. I seriously doubt you understand the expression "double standard".

No, that would make you a total hypocrite. Hhmm. I know you see yourself as the Axl and forum police, and it is very important to you to fight with posters you feel are not praising Axl or are not using the term original correctly, right?

Eh, no. If you had more brains you would know that I am not a fan of Axl.

Donald Trump

@realDonaldTrump

“You know, Donald Trump is such a douchebag, that if you look up the word douchebag in the dictionary, there’s a picture of Spencer Pratt. But if you look close, Spencer Pratt is holding up a picture of Donald Trump. And Donald, I’m not even sure if you’re aware of this, but the only difference between you and Michael Douglas from the movie ‘Wall Street’ is that no one’s going to be sad when you get cancer.”

-Anthony Jeselnik

Nice touch! Where does Donald (I can't keep a wife) Trump have any right to dictate what others "should" do?

Never trust a man with roadkill stapled to his scalp.

trump-hell-toupee.jpg

Donald Trump

@realDonaldTrump

-Anthony Jeselnik

I find Flayer's humor great. It breaks up the tension that can build in here due to the same circle of nonsensical psychobabble.

Trump: You should accept your award.

Axl: You're fired!

The RRHOF is a suckfest in a wide array of instances:

Quote Lisa Reed: ''Just an FYI for those supporting the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame and dissing my friend for his honest and forthright decision. This establishment wanted to charge Dizzy $3000 per person to attend his induction to their little museum. With the kids and parents and everyone close to him, this would have added up to $21000. Pretty sure he would rather spend that money on more meaningful things.''

Donald Trump

@realDonaldTrump

-Anthony Jeselnik

Nice touch! Where does Donald (I can't keep a wife) Trump have any right to dictate what others "should" do?

trump-hell-toupee.jpg

What? :rofl-lol:

Dizzys wife said it Axls good intentions. He does everything for the right reasons. It seems. He doesn't feel like Slash or Steven have been honest so didn't go. In a way it's opportunity for them to come clean.

Maybe it's just too late anyway. GNR has evolved and the next record will bebthe focus not what lineup is best.

Donald Trump

@realDonaldTrump

-Anthony Jeselnik

trump-hell-toupee.jpg

What? :rofl-lol:

Ha! When I read that picture I had to put it up.