Axl Rose not attending HOF

Tabitha27

The answer to the op is no not any longer!

So you wont post anymore in the Discussion and News section in any threads focused on Axl and new GN'R, right? :)

I'll post anywhere I damn well want to! Get over it! Maybe I gotta thing for DJ!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why da fuck Axl stopped here in 2008 if he doesn't care?

Why play 3hours? He can play 90 min like other bands....

Why he wrote the letter? because of us.

Sorry, bumblecool but none of those things show any caring on Axl's part. The ONLY criteria by which love for fans can be judged is by standing on stage next to the 2 or 3 guys approved by the "majority" of the fan base.

Because see, the basic human right to be allowed to choose your co-workers is available to all human beings. But if Axl exercises it, it just shows how much he hates his fans.

Edited by rabia

So you wont post anymore in the Discussion and News section in any threads focused on Axl and new GN'R, right? :)

I'll post anywhere I damn well want to! Get over it! Maybe I gotta thing for DJ!

What do I have to "get over" - my smiley face? Here's another one :)

Just dont understand why anybody would keep posting about somebody they just doesn't care about. Makes no sense. Even the DJ threads would be spoiled for you by the Axl mentions - it will be like a minefield for you here in the main section. What pain to endure!

He stopped here in 2008 to rant about his obsession Slash! Also some consider the rants in 2008 and the so called interview with DJ promotion for CD.

The 3 hours on stage take out the time the other members are performing in those 3 hours and then add up the time Axl is actually on stage.

He knew he was not going in January he told a reporter, Steven Tyler, and a room full of party goers that he hated Slash and would not be going. He then drafted a letter and published it a few days ago making it look like he had just come to the decision. By that time it had nothing to do with the fans it was an excuse.

As I see Guns fans are selfish, do not care about what Axl may think or feel. It is clear for me that the guy had good reasons not to be there, even Matt Sorum talked about that so why would you someone ask to do something he does not want to do? WE ALL LOVE AXL FOR BEING JUST LIKE THAT, FOR NOT DOING WHAT EVERYBODY WANTS HIM TO DO SO..........

Ask yourself what I would do

To prostitute myself

To live with fortune and shame oh yeah

When you should have turned to the hearts of the ones

That you would not save oh now

Other thing, The performance of the old member there did prove WHY AXL ROSE IS GUNS AND ROSES! Good music (sure it was) but no energy, it seems to me that they knew they shouldnt be doing that without AXL.

Just dont understand why anybody would keep posting about somebody they just doesn't care about. Makes no sense. Even the DJ threads would be spoiled for you by the Axl mentions - it will be like a minefield for you here in the main section. What pain to endure!

Maybe I feel like Axl! The whole world is against me but I just keep on barging though after all it is not my fault it is someone elses.

All that you guys are is true.

But at the end of the day, slash and Duff chose to play to give the fans a treat. Axl didn't.

Regardless if it was the hall of fame. A barn in Alabama. A benefit for cancer. The Axl fans keep tying this to the HOF.

So if it was a benefit concert to raise money for cancer, and all the other guys were there.....but Axl said he hates slash and will only play if the new guys get to play, would you still say that Axl's integrity was intact and not showing up showed that he was a rock n roll badass?

I don't care about the HOF. It means nothing to me.

I'm just saying that in this situation, Axl's feud with Slash and disagreement with the HOF was MORE important to him than giving lifelong fans a treat.

So in this case, Axl put all that stuff on a higher importance scale than his fans.

If it was a benefit to raise money for cancer, he'd find other ways to get the money, like giving permission to put a GNR song on a benefit CD, or one of the yet to be released songs. To force a reunion by guilt trip through charity, like Bob Geldof did for Live Aid? Prince sent a music video to Live Aid, he donated a song, he didn't feel like playing a stadium in the summer for 15 minutes. It's not like GNR's never given time to charities, but I think he does more "anonymous donor" things than gets publicity miles out of it.

The Rock Hall is being recognized by your peers and a group of people that decide who goes in and who doesn't - but the criteria is inconsistent.

I care about the Rock Hall as far as it raises awareness of forgotten artists, backing singers, producers, songwriters, and the "invisible" people who don't get recognized on red carpets at Grammys.

GNR didn't beg to be inducted. I think once they were there, received the awards, said their thanks, and played the set, they got to enjoy the night, and so did the audience.

The two things that bothers fans about Axl the most though? A: going on late, B: cancelling shows. Not so much the small venues, but the arena shows in particular.

People are more forgiving at clubs and theaters, but I think Axl finally gets it as far as not relying on veteran promoters and can have Beta do the same thing he was paying way too much money to do. I think in the end, the band gets more money in their pocket, even if they don't get the same level of promotion. Prince and Springsteen do it that way, and they both play theaters/clubs from time to time. I'm pretty sure Axl paid attention to when Prince was in LA for the 21 Nights run. I think there's less stress in the smaller shows, but the down side is the face to face with collectors. Like he hinted - if the fans want to find (a band), figure out where they're staying, or if you're lucky, might just wind up meeting him at the show if he's in the mood for it.

A reunion will only happen if they all agree to do it. Even if Axl went "okay", the fact that it wouldn't just be 5 guys in one room would create problems. He could call any club in LA, or could have flown to Cleveland on his own dime, booked the HOB for a "private event" and did it with them.

If it does happen, it's going to be a private event, and because he felt like it, and so did they. Or it'll just be one of those surprise appearances of the band under a different name. But 'feeling like it' is the equivalent of feeling like working for free. And to do a world tour, there's no way I could see Slash wanting to do it without being getting back what he signed over.

Maybe I feel like Axl! The whole world is against me but I just keep on barging though after all it is not my fault it is someone elses.

Where has Axl said that the whole world is against him? Infact quite a few videos have shown him and many reviews have described him as sincerely thanking fans for being at the shows and supporting the band.

When Axl doesnt like people, he just stays away from them. If you were like Axl, that would be what you would do. Makes more sense than hanging around and saying dude, I so dont care about you, sooooooo dont care.

He stopped here in 2008 to rant about his obsession Slash! Also some consider the rants in 2008 and the so called interview with DJ promotion for CD.

The 3 hours on stage take out the time the other members are performing in those 3 hours and then add up the time Axl is actually on stage.

He knew he was not going in January he told a reporter, Steven Tyler, and a room full of party goers that he hated Slash and would not be going. He then drafted a letter and published it a few days ago making it look like he had just come to the decision. By that time it had nothing to do with the fans it was an excuse.

Oh, so the countless questions from fans that he answered about CD, his favorite books, hobbies etc etc were all coded messages about Slash too, then?

Is promotion of CD is an anti-fan move? The current appearance of Slash on the HOF was all about promoting his upcoming album too, right?

Why is it a bad thing to give other members the time to present their chops in their solos? Axl stepped off-stage in the old days as well. In no way does it change the fact that he DOES work hard to make a 3 hour show happen. He could do a 90 minute show and STILL take time away from stage and nobody would be able to stop him.

1, It wasnt a "reporter", it was a gossip writer who has previously gone through an embarrassing scandal based on unprofessional behaviour.

2, There's no verification from Steven Tyler or other supposed witnesses. 3,

One could have an initial disinclination not to attend a show and then go through several stages of re-consideration, talking to the HOF people etc. So you have no evidence to prove your "excuse" claim.

His stopping by here in 2008 was not to rant about Slash. Come on. That is just untrue. There were a litany of things he discussed during those chats. Yes, he gave his side of the story to a few things, most notably the story of how he acquired the band name, but Slash told that his side of that story years before to EW.

As far as when he decided, it's possible it was in January, although that still doesn't explain to me why the GN'R twitter posted a link to a story that Green Day was inducting GN'R. As you know, it was long rumored, even "confirmed" by Matt Sorum/Slash, that Izzy wasn't coming to the induction, but he released a statement the day before saying "I have waited up to this point to see what would become of the GNR induction into RRHOF". So, go figure :shrugs:

Ali

Kinda funny how those things works. Slash and Adler keep talking about GNR and Axl, but lots of people started to quote that guy (who supposedly met him at a party in January) by saying Axl is obsessed with Slash.

Honestly, I think it works on both ways: Axl can't seem to avoid Slash's shadow while Slash can't seem to avoid Axl's shadow. Adler is just obsessed, really. :shrugs:

Cause, if you do, i believe the best choice for HIM was doing exactly what he did about RORHOF

Of course it was, you're right. Everyone who demanded him to perform with the old line-up or even just shake hands ("like a grown up", as they said) are just selfish fans of the old GNR. No matter at what cost, they wanted to see them reunited even though there are still way too much bad blood between them. Easy to say it wouldn't hurt or leave any kind of bad aftertaste.

Also think they were naive to think Axl would show up. I really never believed he would and the only doubt in my mind came because of how light-hearted he talked about the induction at some gig in 2011. But he even adressed the matter before, back in 2008:

Never thought about that , with the RRHOF. The whole “mature enough” bit was cute. Not to offend anyone but personally I don’t have an interest and other than inducting Elton don’t quite get what it is exactly and who decides what. It seems to mean more to some than others and more so amongst fans. It’s nice to get recognition and have some form of acceptance but in regards to joining others the price is too high and just not worth it.

Edited by Voodoochild

Oh, so the countless questions from fans that he answered about CD, his favorite books, hobbies etc etc were all coded messages about Slash too, then?

Is promotion of CD is an anti-fan move? The current appearance of Slash on the HOF was all about promoting his upcoming album too, right?

Why is it a bad thing to give other members the time to present their chops in their solos? Axl stepped off-stage in the old days as well. In no way does it change the fact that he DOES work hard to make a 3 hour show happen. He could do a 90 minute show and STILL take time away from stage and nobody would be able to stop him.

1, It wasnt a "reporter", it was a gossip writer who has previously gone through an embarrassing scandal based on unprofessional behaviour.

One could have an initial disinclination not to attend a show and then go through several stages of re-consideration, talking to the HOF people etc. So you have no evidence to prove your "excuse" claim.

Regarding the band solos, I couldn't stand when GnR started doing that during the illusion tour. It's boring and takes away the momentum of the shows, just so Axl can change outfits or use an oxygen tank. Just another thing that makes them look silly.

Regarding the band solos, I couldn't stand when GnR started doing that during the illusion tour. It's boring and takes away the momentum of the shows, just so Axl can change outfits or use an oxygen tank. Just another thing that makes them look silly.

Well, Axl is hardly the only one who uses an oxygen tank. Mick Jagger and Rod Stewart do it too, they're people who cant quite be dismissed as "silly" in terms of their position in music history. Why are you opposed to the use of oxygen tanks? I would say that something like that which makes it easier for a vocalist do his difficult job well should be welcomed - unless he/she was lip-syncing or something.

The band solos didnt start in Illusions time either. Steven got to do his drum solos earlier too. There are people who genuinely enjoy the solos so its a subjective judgment really.

He should spend it on a spine.

You are clearly misinformed,nice try at "snarky sarcasm".

Yeah, yeah, misinformed.

Axl did not contribute even 1% to the breakup of the old band, everybody in the world is out to get him, behind the scenes the other guys are monsters. Yada Yada Yada. That cover all the bases for your personal agenda?

Because if Axl had said last week, "You know what, I'm going to go to this event and make the best of it," Dizzy still would have stayed home from his own Hall of Fame induction because despite being in Guns n' Roses for over 20 years, he still can't afford a $3000 ticket, right? :thumbsup:

Why be inducted into a "group,club,fraternity etc" that goes against your personal convictions? I wouldn't sell a piece of my soul for a fucking award show,that is biased and based on fantasy and fallacy.

The HOF ceremony is embedded in a sinkhole of shit,people that should have been inducted aren't,and decisions/rules arbitrarily change for no viable reason.It's a money-making scam,and they got their "we used to be in GNR" concert.

So with all sincerety the RRHOF can fuck right off.

I don't think Axl's problem is with the RRHOF, he seemed extremely honored while inducting Elton, even mingling before/after as we've seen. Axl wanted any excuse to NOT deal with the guys he hates (old GnR). During his rambling explanation he worked himself and decided "the RRHOF doesn't respect me"....

He referred to his dealings with the RRHOF on the basis of which he came to this judgment. The only way you can hold forth on whether he's right or wrong in his view is if you have the precise details of his discussions with the RRHOF, which you dont.

the classic line up is really just nostalgia at this point.

Are the "classic" songs nostalgia now too?

If so...the current line up needs to have a staff meeting as soon as possible re: the set list.

New tour gearing up..

Onward from here and all that...right?

If so...the current line up needs to have a staff meeting as soon as possible re: the set list.

New tour gearing up..

I am hoping this tour is to fund a new album. They've cut costs for the club tours and made profit. Does anyone know they are going to waste money on the pyro crap for the spring/summer leg?

New tour gearing up..

Sure, the classic songs are nostalgia, many people have old memories associated with them. But all bands play their old songs - nobody says, oh we've got another album out, lets ditch everything we did before. So why would GN'R do that?

New tour gearing up..

Sure, the classic songs are nostalgia, many people have old memories associated with them. But all bands play their old songs - nobody says, oh we've got another album out, lets ditch everything we did before. So why would GN'R do that?

Well geeze,since this section is all about denouncing everything the band stood for pre 1993...I thought some of you guys would be all over the idea of "new songs only" during the upcoming tour.No need for nostalgia on any level...right? :shrugs:

We were just put off by Ron saying how they haven't even rephearsed new songs for the tour. All they have is a new version of Oh My God.

where did u hear this?

Chat on Guns n roses oficial website.

cool thanks