Axl Rose not attending HOF

Tabitha27

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is just the difference in how different musicians treat their fans. We are first on slash and Duff's list. Fans are a bit lower on Axl's list. That is sad, but what can you do.

I don't believe that is true. Slash and Duff are much better at dealing with the media than Axl, but I know Axl cares a lot more about the fans than people might think. For whatever reason it has been really tough for him to get new music out though. Hopefully he will choose to address that issue next time he writes a letter to the fans.

Edited by ITW 2012

All the fans care about him, otherwise they wouldnt be so pissed. Its kinda like when dylan went electric at newport - someone everyone loved but they all hated what he was doing. Kinda applys to axl a little. I dont hate what hes doing, i love some of the chinese dem' stuff. Just wish he wouldnt use the gnr name and i really wish he would of turned up at the hall.

All that you guys are is true.

But at the end of the day, slash and Duff chose to play to give the fans a treat. Axl didn't.

Regardless if it was the hall of fame. A barn in Alabama. A benefit for cancer. The Axl fans keep tying this to the HOF.

So if it was a benefit concert to raise money for cancer, and all the other guys were there.....but Axl said he hates slash and will only play if the new guys get to play, would you still say that Axl's integrity was intact and not showing up showed that he was a rock n roll badass?

I don't care about the HOF. It means nothing to me.

I'm just saying that in this situation, Axl's feud with Slash and disagreement with the HOF was MORE important to him than giving lifelong fans a treat.

So in this case, Axl put all that stuff on a higher importance scale than his fans.

He should spend it on a spine.

You are clearly misinformed,nice try at "snarky sarcasm".

Yeah, yeah, misinformed.

Axl did not contribute even 1% to the breakup of the old band, everybody in the world is out to get him, behind the scenes the other guys are monsters. Yada Yada Yada. That cover all the bases for your personal agenda?

Because if Axl had said last week, "You know what, I'm going to go to this event and make the best of it," Dizzy still would have stayed home from his own Hall of Fame induction because despite being in Guns n' Roses for over 20 years, he still can't afford a $3000 ticket, right? :thumbsup:

Why be inducted into a "group,club,fraternity etc" that goes against your personal convictions? I wouldn't sell a piece of my soul for a fucking award show,that is biased and based on fantasy and fallacy.

The HOF ceremony is embedded in a sinkhole of shit,people that should have been inducted aren't,and decisions/rules arbitrarily change for no viable reason.It's a money-making scam,and they got their "we used to be in GNR" concert.

So with all sincerety the RRHOF can fuck right off.

Hey Axl, wake up!! you destroyed Guns, your current band is not Guns, stop using the name for your own secret purposes, stop all your anger and hate, forgive you and forgive the past. God bless GNR: Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steve.

Axl, Wake up! it is NOT time to die!!

Technically it's G N' R because Axl owns the name and he probably can do whatever he wants with that name. Musically no because there is too much difference with the classic band/sound. I don't consider G N' R as a band. To me it's more like a 1 man vision. 1 man with a hired band who will do anything (when it comes to music ofcourse) that their boss tells them to do (as long they get their paycheck).

Technically it's G N' R because Axl owns the name and he probably can do whatever he wants with that name. Musically no because there is too much difference with the classic band/sound. I don't consider G N' R as a band.

Nah, CD is a nice evolution from UYI, just as UYI was a nice evolution from AFD. Guns N' Roses has never been about being set in one musical style or genre. When we consider how the music changed in just the few years between AFD and UYI, from sleazy blues rock to a sprawling cascade of different types of rock with many songs displaying complex arrangements, songs structures and orchestrations, it is almost surprising that the music on CD is so recognizable as Guns N' Roses as it is (proving the importance of Axl's iconic vocals). Especially with the adaptation of new influences and expressions, like shredding and industrial.

Of course, if for you the sound of Guns N' Roses is identified with AFD, then CD must be difficult to accept, just like the absence of Slash and his pentatonic blues scale must be. If so the fans' resemblance to a scorned lover's attitude towards a former girlfriend who has moved on and changed her life around, is sort of understandable.

All that you guys are is true.

But at the end of the day, slash and Duff chose to play to give the fans a treat. Axl didn't.

Regardless if it was the hall of fame. A barn in Alabama. A benefit for cancer. The Axl fans keep tying this to the HOF.

So if it was a benefit concert to raise money for cancer, and all the other guys were there.....but Axl said he hates slash and will only play if the new guys get to play, would you still say that Axl's integrity was intact and not showing up showed that he was a rock n roll badass?

I don't care about the HOF. It means nothing to me.

I'm just saying that in this situation, Axl's feud with Slash and disagreement with the HOF was MORE important to him than giving lifelong fans a treat.

So in this case, Axl put all that stuff on a higher importance scale than his fans.

rock3:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

"you like to have me

jump and be good

but I

don't want to do it"

listen to the man

everyone's selfish and that's why everyone does what they want but you can't make somebody else do sth they don't want to.

slash, duff, other came to the HOF because they wanted to

axl didn't come because he didn't want to

so what you're doing is bashing somebody for doing what he wants (not come to the HOF) and at the same time praising someone else who also does what they want (come to the HOF)

Edited by the rush

Hey Axl, wake up!! you destroyed Guns, your current band is not Guns, stop using the name for your own secret purposes, stop all your anger and hate, forgive you and forgive the past. God bless GNR: Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steve.

To be fair, the band destroyed itself for multiple reasons. The argument whether or not Axl should have used the GnR name or just come up with something else will be debated for years.

Hey dude, wake up!!! You have no idea of what happened among those guys so don´t point your finger at anyone, his current band IS GNR and as a founder and lead singer and soul of the band he has all the rights in this world to use the name of the band THAT HE NEVER QUIT.

GNR is GNR, the classic line up is really just nostalgia at this point.

Proved that the AFD lineup could still go out & perform live. My whole thing about them reuniting is to see if they can do it, they definitely could and it would kick ass. Outside of the AFD 20th get together, people hadn't really seen Adler play the GNR songs with Slash and Duff. It wouldn't surprise me if Loaded, Slash,and Adler did tour, and did a short AFD set in the future, and wouldn't be surprised if Izzy decided to do a few dates with them. It would only be in competition with Axl if they played the same cities at the same time. With Matt's version of the Ringo Starr tour, highly possible it could turn into that in the next few years.

I care. And he cares, that is why he busts his ass off for 3 hrs in concert!

But he couldn't have done 3 songs on one night *without* taking your money?

Last night was about the fans - Axl blew it.

I am a fan all all lineups of GNR, Axl blew it in your mind. He did me no wrong by not showing up. What touched people the wrong way, was seeing THEIR dream of the AFD lineup not together. And the Hall of Fame is not all about the fans, I could care less and I m sure people feel the same way. And going back, he doesn t have to play around three hours. He could just do a simple one and a half, like most artists. He gives back by giving more.

Yeah, yeah, misinformed.

Axl did not contribute even 1% to the breakup of the old band, everybody in the world is out to get him, behind the scenes the other guys are monsters. Yada Yada Yada. That cover all the bases for your personal agenda?

Because if Axl had said last week, "You know what, I'm going to go to this event and make the best of it," Dizzy still would have stayed home from his own Hall of Fame induction because despite being in Guns n' Roses for over 20 years, he still can't afford a $3000 ticket, right? :thumbsup:

Why be inducted into a "group,club,fraternity etc" that goes against your personal convictions? I wouldn't sell a piece of my soul for a fucking award show,that is biased and based on fantasy and fallacy.

The HOF ceremony is embedded in a sinkhole of shit,people that should have been inducted aren't,and decisions/rules arbitrarily change for no viable reason.It's a money-making scam,and they got their "we used to be in GNR" concert.

If Axl had shown up, all the Axl Apologists would have been saying the RRHOF was the greatest honor ever. Lol

I'm a fan and I couldn't care one iota if Axl was there or not. Don't pretend to speak for all fans.

You know what else is free? All the youtube videos of Axl performing with the guys who DID attend the HOF, not just 3 songs but as many as you like. Why dont you just watch them?

Being a fan doesn't give somebody a holy status where an artist becomes a performing monkey for their pleasure and has to do things that he doesnt want to.

I'm a fan and I couldn't care one iota if Axl was there or not. Don't pretend to speak for all fans.

You know what else is free? All the youtube videos of Axl performing with the guys who DID attend the HOF, not just 3 songs but as many as you like. Why dont you just watch them?

Being a fan doesn't give somebody a holy status where an artist becomes a performing monkey for their pleasure and has to do things that he doesnt want to.

Preach it!

When it comes down to it - the Rock Hall isn't "for the fans". For years, they had the ceremony, and the only people who watched it were when the museum opened up and got to see it on closed circuit. Billy Joel said it used to be a lot of fun, because they could get drunk, make the speeches, and it wouldn't be on TV.

Edited by dalsh327

Yeah, yeah, misinformed.

If Axl had shown up, all the Axl Apologists would have been saying the RRHOF was the greatest honor ever. Lol

No, no. The only proper response for not showing up to an award show is to string Axl up to a post and flog him. Its clearly a massive moral flaw. :rolleyes: