Axl Rose not attending HOF

Tabitha27

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No drugs, I'm just a fan of rock n' roll.

snakepit especially, ill never understand why people on this board give it so much hate, they must hate blues rock

this is one of my favorite pieces in snakepit, slash has a tremendous sense of melody.

Not a big fan of this album. I freaking LOVE the second Snakepit album with Rod, tho. IMO, best thing Slash ever did after GnR.

snakepit especially, ill never understand why people on this board give it so much hate, they must hate blues rock

this is one of my favorite pieces in snakepit, slash has a tremendous sense of melody.

Not a big fan of this album. I freaking LOVE the second Snakepit album with Rod, tho. IMO, best thing Slash ever did after GnR.

Totally agree. I thought I was the only one that thinks this. Ain't Life Grand is a great rock album with Slash's best post-GNR guitar work on it. The fist Snakepit album's okay. Just not a fan of Eric Dover's vocals and the lyrics are a little weak.

Yeah, the first one's okay, Got a couple of really good songs but some really crappy ones too. And I don't like Eric's vocals either (although I think he'd be better at singing GnR than Myles) but Rod is amazing. Gotta love his vocals. Like Elton John on speed or something. Plus, the songs on that album are AMAZING and so raw. I freakin' love Ain't Life Grand.

Totally agree. I thought I was the only one that thinks this. Ain't Life Grand is a great rock album with Slash's best post-GNR guitar work on it. The fist Snakepit album's okay. Just not a fan of Eric Dover's vocals and the lyrics are a little weak.

I think theyre both great, i prefer eric's vocals a bit more. Back to the Moment was my favorite song with Rod. hes a very soulful singer and both put this myles kennedy to shame imo.

I think theyre both great, i prefer eric's vocals a bit more. Back to the Moment was my favorite song with Rod. hes a very soulful singer and both put this myles kennedy to shame imo.

Agreed. Back To The Moment is my favorite Slash ballad since he left GnR. By far. Plus, there's just pure raw energy in that album that no other post-GnR record has. Landslide, Mean Bone, The Alien, The Truth. All killer tracks.

What do you guys think, will we see Axl unleash his lawyer assault troupe against his former bandmates again, now that they are planning to perform live under the GNR umbrella, at this very prestigious event? I think he might have a case here, seeing as how he controls the GNR brand name and this could be seen as tampering with that without permission of course.

Anyway, Axl has been MIA from his courtside crusade adventurers, time to put the lawyer clothes back on and go fight the war, courtside!

ND07149.jpg

Fotolia_Court_of_Law.jpg

20081026-011456-pic-30891066_t607.jpg

Edited by phaeryen

delete this thread please it doesn't deserve to be here.

for starters they are not performing under the gnr banner.

they are just muscians who are performing songs performed on the album of a band that's being inducted in the hall of fame nothing more.

it's a tribute.

For the hundredth time: What exactly will he be suing for? In other words, what will the actual legal claim be? What codified civil law will the other guys be infringing upon that will give rise to a credible law suit on behalf of Axl? What about the RRHOF? What law is there in actual existence that will allow Axl to bring a lawsuit against any parties involved with the RRHOF, including the RRHOF itself?

For the hundredth time: What exactly will he be suing for? In other words, what will the actual legal claim be? What codified civil law will the other guys be infringing upon that will give rise to a credible law suit on behalf of Axl? What about the RRHOF? What law is there in actual existence that will allow Axl to bring a lawsuit against any parties involved with the RRHOF, including the RRHOF itself?

I am a ) not a law student, or b ) from the states, so I have no clue.

from past experience though it feels like if you are rich you can pretty much concoct a lawsuit out of anything if you are willing to front the cash.

They won't be performing as GN'R, so no. They'll be performing after members of GN'R are inducted. Look at VH's induction; Michael Anthony and Sammy Hagar didn't try to pass the 2 of them and VR off as Van Halen, they just got up there and jammed after their acceptance. Thats all tonight will be as well.

Sorry but this is getting so annoying. Hopefully there is another lawyer on this board or even a law student for god's sake!

Axl has NO suit! NO claim! NOTHING!

But to just put an end to this I will explain.

For starters, what is Axl going to sue for? The RRHOF using the GNR name? For emotional distress caused to him - implying the RRHOF is purposely putting this event on with the main intention being to hurt Axl - I don't think so.

I think where everyone is confused is because they think (1) they are inducting him without his permission and (2) the name Guns N Roses is being allowed.

These do not give rise to claims. But, to silence people I will give the two biggest defenses the RRHOF has:

1) The Rock N Roll Hall of Fame is protected by the 1st Amendment to print information and acknowledge musical acts under the same protections journalists and the media have. The only real recourse is if they slander or outright defame Axl Rose (i.e. state he never really sang on the records or he is the actual killer of Laci Peterson, etc.)

2) Under basic rules of contract, promissory estoppel (reliance by RRHOF), it is completely unreasonable for the RRHOF to remove all items and lose money on everything they have invested re: GNR's induction because Axl decided to pull out 3 days prior. At some point he must've told them he was coming or, at the very least, never informed them he wasn't going to show and wished to not be inducted. This argument is irrelevant though because of what I address in point #1.

Donald Trump

@realDonaldTrump

Axl Rose should take his #rockhall2012 honors and be happy. Stop the no induction nonsense. Do it for your fans @axlrose.

While he's right, but Donald Trump? Should Axl Tweet him about business or whatever? Stupid.

Donald Trump

@realDonaldTrump

Axl Rose should take his #rockhall2012 honors and be happy. Stop the no induction nonsense. Do it for your fans @axlrose.

“You know, Donald Trump is such a douchebag, that if you look up the word douchebag in the dictionary, there’s a picture of Spencer Pratt. But if you look close, Spencer Pratt is holding up a picture of Donald Trump. And Donald, I’m not even sure if you’re aware of this, but the only difference between you and Michael Douglas from the movie ‘Wall Street’ is that no one’s going to be sad when you get cancer.”

-Anthony Jeselnik