Axl Rose not attending HOF

Tabitha27

See for me it was never about going there and playing or having a reunion, 1 i never thought that had a chance to happen, but 2 i didnt really even personally care if that happens. But I feel like Axl should put his beef aside for 10 minutes for something bigger than himself and his little beef with others and just walk on stage even if he doesnt even talk to Slash or whoever else (at least this is what i would do even if i hated the person sooo bad). Even though that wouldnt be perfect for some of the world at least most would say, "well that's kinda cool he did that, i thought he was ganna be a total douche and not show up at all and say dont induct me at all". (-_-)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In that line of thought I can't get my head around 2 things.

1. Why would accept and play be a no-win? The only thing I can think of is that it would somehow hurt the new gnr. But to be honest I just don't think it willl. Whole different animal.

2. At least showing up and accepting would be respectful imo. It wouldn't really make you the bad guy that much. Now it sounds like being in the same room is a logistic impossibility.

This has been extensively discussed here before.

1. Playing with the former members would -- if not handled absolutely correctly -- risk adding fuel to all the demands of a future reunion, not only from fans but from business guys. This would then detract from what Axl is trying to achieve with the current lineup. In addition, it is easy to assume that Axl has personal reasons for not wanting to share a stage with Slash and Steven again, it probably goes against his integrity.

2. With Steven, Slash and Duff clearly saying THEY want to play, a no-play would mean Axl was to blame even if former members said so explicitly in the press. So by showing up, and not playing, Axl would be the bad guy for not making a reunion concert take place. So yes, he would be a bad guy.

What? Did you even read what I wrote. I explicitly said HE DOES NOT CARE ABOUT HIS FANS, I am not "giving him the benefit of the doubt" at all.

And as to the post CD era being sad, it isn't! It is a great time to be a GN'R fan with fantastic live shows, great band chemistry, new web page, interviews from the members including Axl, live stream of shows, continuous activity, talks about making a new record, etc etc. This could only be a sad time for people who are NOT fans of the current band, but in reality fans of the dream about a reunion.

People here are so emotional and neurotic.

dude by saying you give him the benefit of the doubt i didnt mean you said that, i meant some people can and will give him some benefit of the doubt about shit he has pulled that looks suspect about caring about fans.

Ok secondly if you don't think the past few years in this post CD era have been a fuckin disaster you my friend are the emotional, neurotic and a blind follower of NuGNR. Nothing about this has been productive, lol continuous activity? are you serious? More like a continuous tour from 2001 that has constantly had drama around it, and they keep doing it just to make money while acting like it's for the fans. Open ur eyes man.

See for me it was never about going there and playing or having a reunion, 1 i never thought that had a chance to happen, but 2 i didnt really even personally care if that happens. But I feel like Axl should put his beef aside for 10 minutes for something bigger than himself and his little beef with others and just walk on stage even if he doesnt even talk to Slash or whoever else (at least this is what i would do even if i hated the person sooo bad). Even though that wouldnt be perfect for some of the world at least most would say, "well that's kinda cool he did that, i thought he was ganna be a total douche and not show up at all and say dont induct me at all". (-_-)

Yes, and most people agree with you, me included. I actually think Axl wanted to attend and planned so from the beginning. But then Steven opened his mouth pissing Axl off by attacking the current lineup. And then Slash and Duff clearly stated their desire to play and thus implied that no show would be Axl's fault, meaning that there would be no way Axl could show up without playing and not be the big, bad guy. If Steven could have kept his mouth shut, and Slash and Duff didn't so explicitly say they would play if it was up to them, I actually think there would have been a fair chance of Axl attending. I am not saying Axl is right not to attend, just explaining what I perceive to be his reasons for choosing not to.

In addition you have his obvious beef with the HOF committee which presumably arises from Matt being inducted while not acknowledging the current lineup to the extent Axl would have wanted.

The biggest problem is when you hold that much anger for someone, it's stops you from living life and doing the things you like to do and should be doing. If you hold a ball under water it will take both of your hands to do it. The problem is now all your energy is being used up to hold the ball under the water, now you can't swim. Let the fuck go of the hate and swim away. This is not very healthy to harbor this shit for ever. At some point you die and fine out you wasted half of your life. Talk to someone that can help, so you can get this shit of your back and start to breath again.

This is very true.

I'm being serious, Axl seriously needs to go and seek help. It's not normal to hold such hate for years and years. I can't believe the hate he is holding onto. He needs to get help. Not for anyone else but himself. Being this way doesn't breed anything positive.

Yes, and most people agree with you, me included. I actually think Axl wanted to attend and planned so from the beginning. But then Steven opened his mouth pissing Axl off by attacking the current lineup. And then Slash and Duff clearly stated their desire to play and thus implied that no show would be Axl's fault, meaning that there would be no way Axl could show up without playing and not be the big, bad guy. If Steven could have kept his mouth shut, and Slash and Duff didn't so explicitly say they would play if it was up to them, I actually think there would have been a fair chance of Axl attending. I am not saying Axl is right not to attend, just explaining what I perceive to be his reasons for choosing not to.

In addition you have his obvious beef with the HOF committee which presumably arises from Matt being inducted while not acknowledging the current lineup to the extent Axl would have wanted.

Maybe the pressure to play played a part in this decision. I'll accept that as a possibility. But Steven's comments should not have anything to do with it. Also, I don't believe Axl would be that upset about inducting Matt, because he is not 12.

Maybe the pressure to play played a part in this decision. I'll accept that as a possibility. But Steven's comments should not have anything to do with it. Also, I don't believe Axl would be that upset about inducting Matt, because he is not 12.

But in any ways Axl is 12. And Steven's comments pissed him off, and HOF acknowledging Matt presumably pissed his off, too. It's the way it is. Wrong, but still, that's how it is.

It's a lovely clusterfuck in good ol' GNR tradition. I love it.

"those who plan to attend along with those the Hall for reasons of their own, have chosen to include in "our" induction (that for the record are decisions I don't agree with, support or feel the Hall has any right to make)" - Axl

Who's he talking about? Green Day?

"those who plan to attend along with those the Hall for reasons of their own, have chosen to include in "our" induction (that for the record are decisions I don't agree with, support or feel the Hall has any right to make)" - Axl

Who's he talking about? Green Day?

I am pretty certain that would be Matt. Axl doesn't consider him a former members of GN'R and probably doesn't think he has contributed enough to be inducted.

Dear Axl Rose,

I would just like to say that Iv been a huge fan of yours and everything Guns N' Roses since being a small child watching the November Rain music video for the 1st time. Your album Chinese Democracy is a very good album I would listen to the whole album everyday for 2 years. However unlike some "nu" gnr fans on here CD is not your best album... Your best album is AFD hands down and I feel bad when I read some smuck makes a debate out of it.

When I heard GNR is going to be inducted for the HOF I was a kid in a candy store and I bet you were to, but because of your "issues" with slash and steven you are going to screw the fans and former bandmates that helped you get to where you are today.

All my life Iv been taught that actions speak louder than words and its true. So with you declining to induction and all it truely shows you dont care about the fans, and I know "nu" gnr fans will argue this but lets be honest if Axl cared about you why does he show up 2-3 hours late? Dont you feel bad when your late for a gathering or meeting fucking being late and feeling bad about it is a normal feeling. Time is precious its the one thing well always have. IMO there is not 1 artist out there that gets an exception for being late... 10-20 minutes late idc but 2-3 hours every night? Please..

Another thing that bothers me is that the "Appetite and Illusions" era will be inducted into the hall but you dont want your name or face in the hall with it but youll go out on shows with the GNR name and play the songs from Appetite and Illusions.. Idc if you wrote some of the songs but to exclude yourself from the honor then turn around and play it doesnt seem right.

In your letter you say that former members took jabs at you, but arent you the guy that called Slash a cancer then several months later his mom died of cancer? I didnt know that halo was that shiney above your head. Another funny thing in your letter is that you kinda say that people will always ask you about a reunion so what difference does it make if you did perform 1-2 songs with the band and just say this is a 1 night only. Your reasonings for a no show makes 0 sense

HERE IS WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE DONE TO SAVE FACE: You could have said you will not be attending the hall but will make a brief via satellite appearance where you would thank the fans for there love and support and that you have good memories with the guys on stage from back in the day (so far are you lying? nope) And heres the best part you could have done the satellite recording in a studio that way "nu" gnr fans can say your gonna release a album next month. Lets be honest "nu" gnr fans Axl has been in the studio for 18 years and the only result you get is 1 album so quit thinking another album is coming out when it truely isnt.

I feel bad about the way you feel about the boys from appetite cause if it wasnt for ALL of them you wouldnt be where you are today I mean thats like me hating my mom for giving birth to me cause if it wasnt for her I wouldnt be where I am today if it wasnt for her. This to me is the final straw I am no longer a "nu" gnr fan not just because of the hall but actions speak louder than words you truely dont care about your fans. In your mind did you stay true to yourself? sure and did you actually do it? sure but you did it at the expense of many many fans and that I cant believe you did it. For fans of GNR since '87 I wonder if the last 25 years have just been a lie to you.

In closing Axl this comes from the heart I thank you for the music you gave me I will never love a band like I did with GNR ever again and Im proud of that and your mostly the reason for it. I wish you luck on the rest of your career with "nu" gnr. You dont have to worry about me getting shitfaced at a GNR show cause I wont ever consider buying a ticket anymore unless slash is involved, and the good Lord knows I wont be purchasing an album anytime soon cause your bandmates dont push you like Duff and Slash did (Albums with Slash and Duff 6 w/o Duff and Slash 1). I know you dont care about what Iv said thats whats badass about you but like I said this is the final straw of you not caring about your fans.

Sincerely, A former fan

PS. Fuck you Beta for misguiding Axl all these years and not pushing Axl to get material out

Edited by dizzy k

But in any ways Axl is 12. And Steven's comments pissed him off, and HOF acknowledging Matt presumably pissed his off, too. It's the way it is. Wrong, but still, that's how it is.

SM, Adler is a goof but do u really think he'd start talking shit if he didn't know what the score was? ...

Everything the HOF has done pissed Axl off. Everything and everyone pisses Axl off. Whether it's guitarists, managers, promoters you name it.

It's beyond a joke now. Axl is a complete spoilt brat drama queen. All this drama could have been avoided if he turned up, faked a smile then went home.

But no, widdle Axl needs to show his colours to the whole world again.

I know. That was my point.

Steven is a moron. We knew that in 1989. Axl cannot possibly make decisions because Steven says or does something stupid. I don't believe that for a second.

I'm not into nuGNR but I've always thought it was good for Axl to move on and make the kind of music he enjoys making and play with guys he gets along with so well and I even thought it was kind of admirable that he didn't want to reunite with the original band just to make loads of money.

However, I'm very disappointed he won't be attending. I know his supporters on here are saying if he went, people would expect a reunion but I don't think so. I wasn't expecting one (even though I would have LOVED it). I think he's a misguided soul and his bitterness about the past has gotten the best of him. There is no good reason why he shouldn't be there and especially since he's been playing the AFD & UYI songs on all his tours. Even if he had put out multiple albums with his new band, I would still think he should attend. If he really wanted to distance himself from the old band he should not have kept the name.

I think the original members going should get up on stage at the ceremony and play a few songs...surely they can find someone to belt out a few of their songs, can't they?...how about a singer from a GNR tribute band?

For me, whenever Axl does something i think is dumb, while i might get upset it's not so much about me wanting something from him personally, as it is me wanting him to do good for himself. And this HOF thing is one of those examples, i see where Axl is coming from with certain issues like not feeling like Matt should be there, so he doesn't go in an act of protest to stay true to what he feels should be right, but i still feel like it would be more beneficial for himself if he would go.

He really needs to let his anger of people go, I have personally seen how it ruins people's lives when individuals can't let go of grudges.

I have always kinda viewed Axl as tragic hero in a way, and it seems this will never change.

Edited by amacfantasy

Dear Axl Rose,

I would just like to say that Iv been a huge fan of yours and everything Guns N' Roses since being a small child watching the November Rain music video for the 1st time. Your album Chinese Democracy is a very good album I would listen to the whole album everyday for 2 years. However unlike some "nu" gnr fans on here CD is not your best album... Your best album is AFD hands down and I feel bad when I read some smuck makes a debate out of it.

When I heard GNR is going to be inducted for the HOF I was a kid in a candy store and I bet you were to, but because of your "issues" with slash and steven you are going to screw the fans and former bandmates that helped you get to where you are today.

All my life Iv been taught that actions speak louder than words and its true. So with you declining to induction and all it truely shows you dont care about the fans, and I know "nu" gnr fans will argue this but lets be honest if Axl cared about you why does he show up 2-3 hours late? Dont you feel bad when your late for a gathering or meeting fucking being late and feeling bad about it is a normal feeling. Time is precious its the one thing well always have. IMO there is not 1 artist out there that gets an exception for being late... 10-20 minutes late idc but 2-3 hours every night? Please..

Another thing that bothers me is that the "Appetite and Illusions" era will be inducted into the hall but you dont want your name or face in the hall with it but youll go out on shows with the GNR name and play the songs from Appetite and Illusions.. Idc if you wrote some of the songs but to exclude yourself from the honor then turn around and play it doesnt seem right.

In your letter you say that former members took jabs at you, but arent you the guy that called Slash a cancer then several months later his mom died of cancer? I didnt know that halo was that shiney above your head. Another funny thing in your letter is that you kinda say that people will always ask you about a reunion so what difference does it make if you did perform 1-2 songs with the band and just say this is a 1 night only. Your reasonings for a no show makes 0 sense

HERE IS WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE DONE TO SAVE FACE: You could have said you will not be attending the hall but will make a brief via satellite appearance where you would thank the fans for there love and support and that you have good memories with the guys on stage from back in the day (so far are you lying? nope) And heres the best part you could have done the satellite recording in a studio that way "nu" gnr fans can say your gonna release a album next month. Lets be honest "nu" gnr fans Axl has been in the studio for 18 years and the only result you get is 1 album so quit thinking another album is coming out when it truely isnt.

I feel bad about the way you feel about the boys from appetite cause if it wasnt for ALL of them you wouldnt be where you are today I mean thats like me hating my mom for giving birth to me cause if it wasnt for her I wouldnt be where I am today if it wasnt for her. This to me is the final straw I am no longer a "nu" gnr fan not just because of the hall but actions speak louder than words you truely dont care about your fans. In your mind did you stay true to yourself? sure and did you actually do it? sure but you did it at the expense of many many fans and that I cant believe you did it. For fans of GNR since '87 I wonder if the last 25 years have just been a lie to you.

In closing Axl this comes from the heart I thank you for the music you gave me I will never love a band like I did with GNR ever again and Im proud of that and your mostly the reason for it. I wish you luck on the rest of your career with "nu" gnr. You dont have to worry about me getting shitfaced at a GNR show cause I wont ever consider buying a ticket anymore unless slash is involved, and the good Lord knows I wont be purchasing an album anytime soon cause your bandmates dont push you like Duff and Slash did (Albums with Slash and Duff 6 w/o Duff and Slash 1). I know you dont care about what Iv said thats whats badass about you but like I said this is the final straw of you not caring about your fans.

Truth spoken from the heart.

Axl doesn't give a f**k about the fans. This has been clear for a very long time.

Only delusional people with severe emotional problems think he cares.

Like you, I'm never going to spend a cent on anything GNR ever again. This is it for me.

Honestly, I'd rather put my time and money into a band that sincerely care about their fans. This guy is a complete joke.

Steven is a moron. We knew that in 1989. Axl cannot possibly make decisions because Steven says or does something stupid. I don't believe that for a second.

The reasons for Axl not attending are probably complex, as I've said before. The fact that Steven publicly attacks the current lineup probably insulted Axl deeply and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Axl now doesn't want anything to do with Steven, especially not to have to endure sitting at a table with him and accepting an award with him. Again, I am not saying this is the sole reason, or that this reason alone would be sufficient, but when you pile up everything you understand -- although not necessarily agree -- why Axl won't attend.

Dear Axl Rose,

Sincerely, A former fan

PS. Fuck you Beta for misguiding Axl all these years and not pushing Axl to get material out

I think this sums it up,couldnt of said it any better.Cheers Mate :thumbsup:

Truth spoken from the heart.

Axl doesn't give a f**k about the fans. This has been clear for a very long time.

Only delusional people with severe emotional problems think he cares.

Like you, I'm never going to spend a cent on anything GNR ever again. This is it for me.

Honestly, I'd rather put my time and money into a band that sincerely care about their fans. This guy is a complete joke.

That is because they relate to the same thing in him.

Edited by axlsalinger

For me, whenever Axl does something i think is dumb, while i might get upset it's not so much about me wanting something from him personally, as it is me wanting him to do good for himself. And this HOF thing is one of those examples, i see where Axl is coming from with certain issues like not feeling like Matt should be there, so he doesn't go in an act of protest to stay true to what he feels should be right, but i still feel like it would be more beneficial for himself if he would go.

He really needs to let his anger of people go, I have personally seen how it ruins people's lives when individuals can't let go of grudges.

I have always kinda viewed Axl as tragic hero in a way, and it seems this will never change.

That was really sympathetic of you :). I honestly liked your post. But I don't think you should assume what would be best for other people, although your empathy is refreshing. Perhaps Axl would be best off if he reconciled and let his anger go, perhaps not. It's not for me to say, and probably not for you, either.

The reasons for Axl not attending are probably complex, as I've said before. The fact that Steven publicly attacks the current lineup probably insulted Axl deeply and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Axl now doesn't want anything to do with Steven, especially not to have to endure sitting at a table with him and accepting an award with him. Again, I am not saying this is the sole reason, or that this reason alone would be sufficient, but when you pile up everything you understand -- although not necessarily agree -- why Axl won't attend.

I have no doubt Axl has built up a distorted web of complex logic in his mind for this decision. Steven Adler as a whole is part of this. But his recent comments? Irrelevant to this decision.

And no, I don't understand why Axl won't attend. I don't understand it at all.