Axl Rose not attending HOF

Tabitha27

Wonder if Axl will absolutely hate current GnR one day? My bet is yep.

That's only a matter of time.

Seeing as how he doesn't hate any of the former CD members, I'm pretty sure that you 2 don't have a single clue about what you're talking about.

Enlighten me about how you know that Slash is completely innocent and Axl is the devil though, that's always good for a laugh.

Nowhere did I say that. But let's face it Axl has had problems with almost everyone that was ever close to him, who weren't dependent on him for a job. Are all these people at fault? Truth be told, I'm more of an Axl fan than Slash fan. But Slash is a cool guy and well loved in the industry. That speaks for itself I think.

Who hasn't he made up with other than Slash? Out of everyone he's ever played with, Slash is the only one he absolutely refuses to play with. Obviously Slash did something worse to him than anyone else.

He's had quarrels with every band member (real not employees) at one point or another. He's fired countless managers. Separated from many people that were friends in the old days. Been in many public feuds. The common denominator here is Axl. I don't know why he hates Slash so much, but I suspect that it has to do with the fact that Slash was successful without him, and Slash has a lot of celebrity support, I think that burns his ass.

Unless you're subjecting Slash's success to opinion, he was only successful for one album with Duff, Matt and Weiland to back him up. The rest of his stuff wasn't any sort of amazing success story.

I really don't think that Axl is jealous at all. If he was, he should hate Duff too.

Frankly, it's irrational. I think He's just projected onto Slash every thing that went wrong in his life. He needs someone to blame.

Blame for what? The man has lived like a king. He has done everything his way and there isn't anything to blame Slash for. That doesn't make any sense.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wise decision.

Yes.

I never had a good feeling about this induction. Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame isn't even a Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame anymore. They're letting anybody in these days, they don't have standards and what does it mean anyway to be in the Hall of Fame at that point.

Also all the prejudicial and silly comments mainly by Adler, but also Slash, "he hates my guts"... Even though that's probably true, why would you say something like that before the ceremony? Ugh.

He probably had a feeling this would happen. Lol

Axl was in hiding and trying to build his own band

He wasn't "building" anything.

He was hiring guys to tour around and play the old bands songs using a popular brand name.

That Axl (and many of the people around here) don't understand that is why he is largely seen as a joke and not taken seriously as anything other than a tribute act is dumbfounding.

One album since slash left. Couldn't find a way to make this work. Instead of the blame game and expressing frustration that he cant make this happen, before I get stereotyped into pro slash, I am 100% behind Axl until this point. GNR is my favorite band, its not even close, listened to them every day of my life, but I can't understand what the vision is. What is your plan for this band Axl? If you didn't want the responsibility of the hall of fame and the publicity around the name, then start your own band. I know the history so spare me the known details.

IF a record comes out with proper promotion and information is distributed in a logical manner than I could care less about the Hall. Considering recent events, this probably won't happen so again, WHAT IS THE PLAN FOR THIS BAND?'

TBH I think that was a well worded, well put together letter, with valid points. Respectful, and clear.

Good on him. Perfectly acceptable decision and well explained.

I'll still tune in to see if Izzy does turn up, would love to hear some words form him, whilst I'll also be eager to see how Adler next embarrasses himself in his final 15 minutes in the limelight. Pretty sure Duff and Slash will handle the event fine, Matt n' Adler might shake their dicks and look like fools though.

Guys, the fact of the matter is: you cannot satisfy everybody! Axl is doing what he is comfortable doing; he has explained himself and stated why he's made his decision knowing that he will be facing such a shit storm it's not funny, but give the man some credit (if you can) for having the balls (even if it is seen as "shooting himself in the foot" etc) for standing by what he has said for the last 15+ years. A shame it's come to this, but it is what it is.

I'm tired of Axl's bullshit. Seriously, I will always love the original group. I will always love Axl as a musician and the band he's put together since then sound great. But the real Guns N' Roses haven't been together since the '90s. This "Guns N' Roses" is NOT Guns N' Roses. I really wish he didn't even own the name. It should just be the Axl Rose band.

Jesus, enough with all the "Cash grab tour" bullshit.If Axl REALLY wanted to cash in, he'd do what everyone in the world is telling him to - Go to the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame,reunite with the old group,record an album,do a tour,Etc.

Well,obviously he isn't doing any of that.For his own personal reasons (as he said in his letter),he's removing himself from the whole thing.I say,good for him.I saw the current band 3 times in the past year and wouldn't change a thing.Like Axl has,perhahs now everyone else would give the reunion nonsense a rest.If it was ever going to happen,Saturday would have been the night.

It's kinda sad, that Axl won't attend. Like I've said before, this is not an every day event, so he should be proud of it and enjoy things like these. Life is too short.

And as a fan I'm a little dissappointed, but it won't affect my life in anyway. My saturday won't be any different if he goes or don't go (which is the case). Would love to see him there, but now that I know that I don't it's kinda...meh...

if Axl hates the old line up, then he should man up and drop all songs written before 1996.

show us what you are really made of it the old band is such an albatros for you gingerboy!!!!

(oh that's right, you did and it sold about 200 copies)

keep on truckin' Axl, because today you lost a LOT of fans.

you know, the people that paid for your mansion?

what a deluded silly little man.

http://youtu.be/A5BwZQhGyiw

has a big time rock band ever been managed by family members with 0 managing experience?

god that was awkward as hell

I love Axl because he's crazy, but he really is that crazy and its sad sometimes. There's nobody like Axl Rose.

That video is cringe worthy.

Explain.

I need to explain it? The Axl/Beta relationship is totally weird.

If Axl had put out some worthwhile music in the past 20 years, his new band members would have been inducted as well and thsi would be not as big an issue because at least his post break-up stuff would be getting some recognition.

I think it chaps his ass to no end that he can't get the GNR name out from under the old band's shadow.

If he could sell the same amount of money using a different name he would, because he clearly hates everything to do with the GNR legacy except the paycheck it affords him.

If Axl's GNR had a post Slash career like Van Halen did post Roth, Axl would be able to show up because his band members would be inducted as well like Sammy was.

Good for the Hall of Fame for putting in the GNR line-up that actually earned it, not the ones that would have gotten Axl to appear.

Great post.

The sad thing to me is that I thought CD was amazing and if GnR had released three or four of those albums in the last 15 years, Axl would have shut up all the critics and people wanting a reunion.

But one album and a revolving door of members......it is his fault that he is in the situation that he is. Nobody else to blame.