Axl Rose not attending HOF

Tabitha27

All the outrage over Axl's decision (and letter) is one of the funniest things I've seen on these boards in a while. All the holier than thou, hypocritical backlash is really a sight to behold. Let's see, where to begin:

Axl had four "realistic" options, with four virtually identical sets of consequences:

-Say nothing, don't show up. Consequence: "they" call Axl a bitter, childish asshole who doesn't even respect "the fans" enough to let them know he won't be attending or why; same old, same old, Axl never communicates, people would be more accepting of his actions/choices if he had the common courtesy to explain things once in a while. The same people would either completely ignore the fact that Izzy didn't show up without saying anything, or simply write it off as "Izzy being Izzy"

-Show up, don't perform. Consequence: "they" say that Axl is a bitter, childish asshole who couldn't set aside his "petty grudges" for 15 minutes to perform with the old band; only showed up because he couldn't stand to see the old band collect accolades that he believes belong to him

-Show up, perform. Consequence: "they" would not be placated. While "they" claim that all they're asking/hoping for is for Axl to set aside his "petty grudges" for 15 minutes to perform with the old band, the moment Axl did it, that wouldn't be enough. "They" haven't gotten the message that Axl has stated very clearly for many years on the times he has spoken publicly: that he doesn't want a reunion. "They" would use this one off event as evidence of how "amazing" a reunion would be. "They" would be even more vocal than "they" already are about how Axl should ditch the new band and do a full blown reunion. "They" would call Axl a bitter, childish asshole for not "giving the fans what they want" and doing a full blown reunion.

-Don't show up, explain why. Consequence: you guessed it. "They" are calling Axl a bitter, childish asshole who is ruining it for the fans. And by writing a letter, he's simply proving that he's a drama queen who needs to make it all about him, all the time; "they" are saying it would be more respectable if, like Izzy, he just didn't say anything at all and didn't show up (yes, these are the same people who constantly complain about his "lack of communication" with the fans).

Let's face it: there was nothing Axl could do to placate 95% of the people who are pissed off. "They" would be right back to bitching relentlessly about everything he did within a month or two, regardless of his decision, unless his decision was to disintegrate the new band and do a reunion. That's it. That's the only thing that would truly satisfy them and there's no way in hell that was going to happen.

Then let's get to the levels of hypocrisy displayed by 95% of the people who are irate that Axl isn't showing up. "They" like to say that Axl is childish, petty, etc. Yet "they're" reacting like a bunch of 14 year olds who just got dumped for the first time, calling Axl names, saying that "they'll" never support anything Axl does again and boycotting all future shows, selling their tickets, etc. Essentially acting like Axl personally came and took a dump on their living room floor because he won't show up at an event and hang out with people that he doesn't like or want to associate with, just so they can get 10 or 15 minutes of enjoyment.

"Why can't Axl just show up and play 2 or 3 songs with the original lineup"

Why can't "they" just get over it? I guess "they" don't realize the irony of spewing so much venom at someone for not doing what and calling that person pathetic and childish, when "they" are absolutely livid and whining as though Axl has ruined their life/hopes/dreams by not showing up and putting on a forced performance for a few minutes at an awards show. Pretty laughable, actually. Needless to say it's been an entertaining day on the Guns boards.

I Think that this could very well be the best thread I have ever seen.

Great job of spreading the truth.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha mods can delete posts and warn all they want, fact is the fanbase is PISSED. You dug your grave by another foot asshole i mean axl rose

Why would Axl want a fan like you anyhow, going apeshit over something this logical he's chose? He's probably sorry for yoooooouuuuu and not him. Your feelings obviously have been bursting to escape for a long time so you'd already decided you were PISSED so no option would have calmed you down.

Its an honor to be in the RRHOF. Any of you can say what you want, but without us, Axl is working at McDonalds. I hoped, but didnt expect, them to perform. So that was no big surprise that a performance wasnt going to happen. But I expected Axl to be there and be a part of history. Axl showed that he has no gratitude for his fans and anyone thats supported him. I thought that maybe he changed a bit since he's been a bit more fan friendly, getting on stage at a decent time and everything else. But I guess not. Axl is my favorite musician of all time, and theres nobody that even comes close. But regardless of what ANYONE says, this is a slap in the face to the fans. This is a slap in the face to ANYONE thats supported him, or spent any money on anything that hes been a part of. Without his fans, hes not even considered to be in the RRHOF. He can try to put out another album, but outside the hardcore fans (like us) NOBODY CARES about GNR. Axl basically said, "Fuck all of you." So you know what? Fuck you Axl Rose.

This.

I might be the slightest bit empathetic for Axls blind devotion to the current lineup if they released more than 1 album in 15 years, but he can't even manage that.

Well, lets try and look at the cub as being half full..

At least the best musician that played in Guns N' Roses is going to be there IiiI; )"

A8R

Edited by Allen8R

Wonder if Axl will absolutely hate current GnR one day? My bet is yep.

That's only a matter of time.

Seeing as how he doesn't hate any of the former CD members, I'm pretty sure that you 2 don't have a single clue about what you're talking about.

Enlighten me about how you know that Slash is completely innocent and Axl is the devil though, that's always good for a laugh.

Edited by Damn_Smooth

Well, Axl.

If you're going to be so fucking childish that you refuse to be inducted with the 'old band'... Stop playing their fucking songs.

If you're so happpy with the new members.... let them do something off their own backs, that is worthy of the name.

Sorry, but he comes across as a deluded, whining, ungrateful, spiteful old bitch. And other than the usual fanboys on here, everyone knows it.

LA

Fuckin' A. Think you'd be out touring on CD alone? Please.

Seeing as how he doesn't hate any of the former CD members, I'm pretty sure that you 2 don't have a single clue about what you're talking about.

Enlighten me about how you know that Slash is completely innocent and Axl is the devil though, that's always good for a laugh.

Hello! Earth to whoever you are....it's pretty clear Axl despises original GnR. Dude hates em with a passion. And as far as Slash- who the fuck knows what the issue is with him & Axl exactly. My guess is it's some deep down mommy issues Axl has.

This is just silly. A lot of fans suspected he wouldn't show up. People are or were always going to talk about a reunion. So what? If you're serious about moving on put out some music and stop being a retro act that relies on the same songs from 25 years ago.

The letter was insulting, dickish, and sad. It could have been a good moment for him and he does the worst thing you could possibly do. Crazy.

And as far as Slash- who the fuck knows what the issue is with him & Axl

Part of it could be that Slash has been out for 17 years and Axl still can't get the band out from under his shadow.

That has a way of building resentment and jealousy in someone.

He knows the only way to ever have that go away is to drop the name, and he financially won't do it.

Thus the proverbial rock and hard place that is his life.

Hello! Earth to whoever you are....it's pretty clear Axl despises original GnR. Dude hates em with a passion. And as far as Slash- who the fuck knows what the issue is with him & Axl exactly. My guess is it's some deep down mommy issues Axl has.

It's pretty clear that you are terrible at guessing.

Why doesn't Axl show the same level of disdain towards Bucket and Fink as he does Slash? You're the one delusionally believing that he hates everyone, yet he stated that Duff and Izzy are free to play with him. That makes sense. :eyeroll:

You know what will be funny? Everybody there the night of the induction making light of the situation and acting like grateful and humbled adults while Axl watches from home. Then years later he will release a very ARTICULATE letter explaining how unfair everything was. You know it will sting. Oh and he will add a new stage prop for Chinese democracy 2021 tour but throw less confeti. LOL

And as far as Slash- who the fuck knows what the issue is with him & Axl

Part of it could be that Slash has been out for 17 years and Axl still can't get the band out from under his shadow.

That has a way of building resentment and jealousy in someone.

He knows the only way to ever have that go away is to drop the name, and he financially won't do it.

Thus the proverbial rock and hard place that is his life.

Or it could be that Slash has been spewing lies about Axl in the media ever since he left GN'R. While that time Axl was in hiding and trying to build his own band because everyone left him.

The letter was insulting, dickish, and sad. It could have been a good moment for him and he does the worst thing you could possibly do. Crazy.

Obvious you didn't read it.

I thought for sure the Rock Hall's plan to force GNR to reunite was gonna work!

I bet he's gonna sue the HoF for having a secret plan to reunited GnR and for letting Slash be associated with GnR's image. :tongue2: