Axl Rose not attending HOF

Tabitha27

What an asshole. I just knew he wasn't gonna go. Axl couldn't even give this ONE MOMENT to the fans that made him a cagillionaire. Nobody wanted a reunion tour, nobody wanted him to go up there and hug Slash; the fans wanted 10 fucking minute of all these assholes putting their egos in check and pretending to get along.People can insult Slash and they can insult Steven, but you know what? BOTH guys are willing to go and play for the fans. That's all that matters. As big of an asshole as Steven is, he was more than willing to just go out there and play.

I can't believe that a so-called fan wants to see the original members PRETEND to get along, even though they'll hate it, be uncomfortable, feel awkward. That satisfies you? Sickening.

All along everyone knew this was only gonna happen if Axl wanted it to, and it's clear he didn't want to.

And the shit about him declining his induction is an even bigger slap in the face TO THE FANS. We get it, Axl, you don't give a fuck

about the establishment and doing things to appeal the music industry. But what happened to that Tweet where he said specifically to the fans that "this is YOUR victory" in regards to the induction? What happened to him "not wanting to ruin it for everybody"? If he really believed any of that, he would've sucked it up and gone through with it.

Let's not make it seem like there was any chance Axl was gonna go to this thing. His mind was made up long ago that he wasn't going, simple as that.

It's reasons like this why people think Axl is such a fucking miserable prick and has

turned into a joke in the music industry. Frankly, he's not giving any of his fans much of a reason to keep defending him.

Axl said, clearly, that the was open to working something out with the Rock Hall, but didn't feel like with the decisions and comments of the Rock Hall and former members that he wasn't wanted or respected.

The reason why people think Axl is a prick is because they want to see the original band play for THEMSELVES. They could care less about how the members feel or what they're going through.

Axl doesn't care about the fans? He's touring this summer. He toured last year. He brought back Estranged and Civl War. He came on this board to answer questions. Sometimes you have to put the personal lives of the individual before your wants and demands as a "fan". Just like Ron and his injury.

First of all, the ONLY person who would've hated standing up there and playing with the band (if they even did that) would've been Axl. Every other band member that has been interviewed expressed an interest in going and/or playing a few songs onstage. They were willing to put the bad blood aside for one night, but Axl wasn't. Nobody is saying Axl had to go up there and give Slash a hug or whatever, he just had to show up and not be an asshole. He was the only one who couldn't do that (maybe Izzy, too, nobody really

knows). Even his current band publicly encouraged him to go for fuck's sake.

Second of all, let's be real: Axl didn't bring back Civil War and Estranged. It took years of fans hounding band members on Twitter (those who actually bother to communicate with GNR fans regularly, unlike Axl) to convince Axl to bring those songs back. Axl himself said on TMS that the band comes to him wanting to play different songs; he doesn't go to them and say, "Hey, let's play this song" or anything. If anything, Ron and DJ deserve more credit than Axl because if they didn't push him to play some old/new stuff once in a while I'm pretty sure he never would've.

As far as him doing his chats here...that's all great and all, but we're going on four years now since that happened. All we've gotten since then was an interview on TMS, an LA Times interview and now this statement he issued. He hasn't directly interacted with the fans, and if anything there's been more negative footage of him fighting with the paparazzi, cursing at people, slamming car doors, etc. than there's been positive footage.

Look, I get it there are some people here that truly like the guy and thinks he can do no wrong. But the mere fact that he's touring (which makes him millions of dollars, anyway) and did an impromptu chat four years ago, I don't really know what he's done "for the fans" in forever. You can't even say he put out Chinese because of the fans because he clearly wasn't on board with that, either.

So apparently the only way Axl can prove he cares about the fans is to reunite with the old guys, despite what he's been through the last 15 years. Sometimes a fan's demand is not worth it personal. What the hell do you want from him? He gave you a perfect letter explaining himself.

If he's not going to give us anything to look forward to with the old band, give us something to look forward to with the new band. Release new music. If there was a new album coming out or a DVD or anything that we had to look forward to this wouldn't be as aggravating. It's the fact that he won't even show up at the HOF, yet he's been running in place with the new band for X number of years now with no new material. Just give the fans SOMETHING to look forward to.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Axl needs to get over himself.

The VAST majority of Guns n Roses fans dont care about band politics... they dont even care about going to see the band live. To millions of people GnR were the soundtrack to their childhood. They listen to AFD in their car or stick Paradise City on the jukebox when they are in a bar.

The world has moved on from the old days, Gnr are no longer a big, influencial band. The HOF however was an opportunity for Gnr to say thanks to all the old fans but Axl couldnt handle that. If he cares so little for the old band then why didnt he reject the idea months ago. He loves the drama. He needs the drama because GnR are on the decline.

Agree with this.

He originally described it as a victory for the fans. Unfortunately it's now the fans who have lost out on that so called victory of seeing one of their favorite bands on stage, one more time, graciously accepting this honor.

Wow, the truly big news today has nothing to do with Axl.

Hell, yeah!!!!!! rock3 rock3

:( Damn! Well, I appreciated the letter and it was nice of him to explain his view on why he will not be attending. It was honest and well written. Totally agree with the whole "Damned if I do and damned if I don't" point. I am really disappointed but deep down, I think I already knew that he was probably not going to go. I never believed they would reunite or perform but I did want to see him accept the award. It is a huge honor after all.

People should show some respect for his beliefs and not doing something he doesn't want to do... he didn't ask you to like GNR lol, he enriched your life but you sure ain't enriching his by attacking the guy cause he's not comfortable pretending he'd enjoy a ceremony celebrating the past which whilst successful, burnt him and obviously did some damage, especially Slash. Not even mentioning the fact Guns is still active and doing the name well.

Axl you are a petty man... Everybody knows that your sitting at home reading all these posts. From the people that have stood with you from the beginning Fuck you! Now let these 13 year old fan boys defend you and your pitiful excuses to make money on a reputation.

Does this really matter to anyone besides Steven? We all knew GNR was never going to reunite, and the fact that Axl will play with Izzy and Duff is pretty damn awesome. If you want to see old GNR play, go look up videos online. Old GNR is dead. Been dead for 20 years. Move on.

And if GNR magically happens to reunite and play, it will be the most awkward, uncomfortable situation for all members, except Steven. Would that satisfy you? Watching them pretend to get along when you know they hate it?

Did you honestly expect Axl to show up after all this damage? You should be happy that he was at least open to working something out.

If you created a body of work that affected a lot of people, where do you feel the reward would be?

The response from Axl, Slash, and Duff was essentially "it's nice to be recognized for the work we did, but..." Axl did thank the Rock Hall for the acknowledgement, he didn't say to take the trophy and stick it up Wenner's ass. It wasn't an ungrateful letter, and respectfully declined the invitation and award.

Rock Hall isn't always the catalyst for reunions.

The original band is what is being inducted which Axl is NOT a part of now, he has a new band to promote even though there name is GNR it's a different band.

He has some valid reasoning...

1. If he done a one off with the original band at the RHOF then the reunion talk would explode.

2. He used this to make it perfectly clear that there would never be a reunion of the original or UYI band.

3. By not playing he is not opening up a can of worms for the current band members to deal with. He made his letter very clear. He doesn't want them to have to go through more than they have to. And the lesser would be to decline and not go. All they have to say is that was his choice ask him.

4. They have a Euro tour coming up and he doesn't want to cloud who will be playing along side him, thus not giving the fans a false hope about who that will be.

It would have been nice to see him go to the RHOF but that is his decision not mine and I have to respect that, because for one I have NO idea what kind of hell the original members put him through after they left the band and how much of that is him taking small things to seriously.

It was just like he said it's a "Damned if I do and a damned if I don't" kind of deal. If he goes whether they play or not the reunion talk would start full force and since he declined induction and is not going to show he is a big baby or whatever, which would be easier to deal with than the questions of a possible reunion day in and day out.

Everything is valid here. :thumbsup:

Where are all these miserable guys with about five posts coming to spill their vitriol over what was a pretty eloquently worded and magnanimous way out of this. Axl has a band he loves, he's doing what he wants and he's not up for bowing to the pressure... good for him for having some fucking integrity.

Axl you are a petty man... Everybody knows that your sitting at home reading all these posts. From the people that have stood with you from the beginning Fuck you! Now let these 13 year old fan boys defend you and your pitiful excuses to make money on a reputation.

I'm not 13, and support Axl . Yo Axl, much love!

He shows up super late for concerts, that is if he shows up at all. He gives out an album once a decade. He does absolutely nothing for his fans who brought him where he is. The tour they are going out on now is just a replay of the last tour. He needs more money or what? All we wanted was for him to show up. Just to show up once for us, accept a price. If he would perform with the old band, that would be great - not a must. He won't even show up.

I'm fairly disappointed. For those who loves the new band, enjoy. I think they are alright, but let's be honest. You don't go to the show to see anything other than Axl himself. It's not GNR. It's Axl.

I'm done. No more GNR for me.

Peace.

Edited by Jeez

Where are all these miserable guys with about five posts coming to spill their vitriol over what was a pretty eloquently worded and magnanimous way out of this. Axl has a band he loves, he's doing what he wants and he's not up for bowing to the pressure... good for him for having some fucking integrity.

Yes!

What an asshole. I just knew he wasn't gonna go. Axl couldn't even give this ONE MOMENT to the fans that made him a cagillionaire. Nobody wanted a reunion tour, nobody wanted him to go up there and hug Slash; the fans wanted 10 fucking minute of all these assholes putting their egos in check and pretending to get along.People can insult Slash and they can insult Steven, but you know what? BOTH guys are willing to go and play for the fans. That's all that matters. As big of an asshole as Steven is, he was more than willing to just go out there and play.

I can't believe that a so-called fan wants to see the original members PRETEND to get along, even though they'll hate it, be uncomfortable, feel awkward. That satisfies you? Sickening.

All along everyone knew this was only gonna happen if Axl wanted it to, and it's clear he didn't want to.

And the shit about him declining his induction is an even bigger slap in the face TO THE FANS. We get it, Axl, you don't give a fuck

about the establishment and doing things to appeal the music industry. But what happened to that Tweet where he said specifically to the fans that "this is YOUR victory" in regards to the induction? What happened to him "not wanting to ruin it for everybody"? If he really believed any of that, he would've sucked it up and gone through with it.

Let's not make it seem like there was any chance Axl was gonna go to this thing. His mind was made up long ago that he wasn't going, simple as that.

It's reasons like this why people think Axl is such a fucking miserable prick and has

turned into a joke in the music industry. Frankly, he's not giving any of his fans much of a reason to keep defending him.

Axl said, clearly, that the was open to working something out with the Rock Hall, but didn't feel like with the decisions and comments of the Rock Hall and former members that he wasn't wanted or respected.

The reason why people think Axl is a prick is because they want to see the original band play for THEMSELVES. They could care less about how the members feel or what they're going through.

Axl doesn't care about the fans? He's touring this summer. He toured last year. He brought back Estranged and Civl War. He came on this board to answer questions. Sometimes you have to put the personal lives of the individual before your wants and demands as a "fan". Just like Ron and his injury.

First of all, the ONLY person who would've hated standing up there and playing with the band (if they even did that) would've been Axl. Every other band member that has been interviewed expressed an interest in going and/or playing a few songs onstage. They were willing to put the bad blood aside for one night, but Axl wasn't. Nobody is saying Axl had to go up there and give Slash a hug or whatever, he just had to show up and not be an asshole. He was the only one who couldn't do that (maybe Izzy, too, nobody really

knows). Even his current band publicly encouraged him to go for fuck's sake.

Second of all, let's be real: Axl didn't bring back Civil War and Estranged. It took years of fans hounding band members on Twitter (those who actually bother to communicate with GNR fans regularly, unlike Axl) to convince Axl to bring those songs back. Axl himself said on TMS that the band comes to him wanting to play different songs; he doesn't go to them and say, "Hey, let's play this song" or anything. If anything, Ron and DJ deserve more credit than Axl because if they didn't push him to play some old/new stuff once in a while I'm pretty sure he never would've.

As far as him doing his chats here...that's all great and all, but we're going on four years now since that happened. All we've gotten since then was an interview on TMS, an LA Times interview and now this statement he issued. He hasn't directly interacted with the fans, and if anything there's been more negative footage of him fighting with the paparazzi, cursing at people, slamming car doors, etc. than there's been positive footage.

Look, I get it there are some people here that truly like the guy and thinks he can do no wrong. But the mere fact that he's touring (which makes him millions of dollars, anyway) and did an impromptu chat four years ago, I don't really know what he's done "for the fans" in forever. You can't even say he put out Chinese because of the fans because he clearly wasn't on board with that, either.

So apparently the only way Axl can prove he cares about the fans is to reunite with the old guys, despite what he's been through the last 15 years. Sometimes a fan's demand is not worth it personal. What the hell do you want from him? He gave you a perfect letter explaining himself.

He does care about the fans, but he's not anyone's puppet.

The fans have ZERO involvement on who's inducted in the Rock Hall.

He pissed off a lot of music industry guys over the years, and had he shown up, guess who sits in the best seats in the house?

Azoff's always there, so I'm sure that didn't help.

Just because someone disagrees with your opinion of Axl = Call them a fanboy and my opinion is the only valid one!

fail_strong_abmw.jpg

I'm fairly disappointed. For those who loves the new band, enjoy. I think they are alright, but let's be honest. You don't go to the show to see anything other than Axl himself. It's not GNR. It's Axl.

Peace.

Nope. I went to see the whole band. Ron, DJ, Rich, Tommy, Frank, Axl, Dizzy, Chris. I was also happy to spot Fernado and Beta. No more GNR for you? Sweet.

Some tweets by Trunk:

Wow, guess this says it all, & then some! Sorry for GnR fans, but admit I love the Hall Of Shame didn't get their way! http://www.facebook.com/notes/guns-n-roses/axls-letter-to-the-rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-guns-n-roses-fans-and-whom-it-may-/10150928055678222

@axlrose makes some great points about the Hall & how they call the shots for their purpose. Amazing he declines induction! That's R&R!!

Why do you think the Hall put them in 1st ballot to begin with? For the pop THEY need for their elitist club. I called this one all along!
@eddietrunk I agree. I'd love to see more musicians have the balls to tell the Hall Of Shame to shove it like Axl just did.
Hope everyone can now just realize this @gunsnroses reunion stuff just not happening & embrace what the members are doing now! All good!!
I've forever said someone needs to stand up to the Hall & not cave to them & I love @axlrose did! This sends a great message to them!
& please stop w/ fans getting screwed. The R&R Hall has shown virtually NO respect for TONS of great rock acts. Don't need their validation!
All the amazing bands who've been ignored 4 decades should take note of this. Don't need to let them have their way! Time for a new Hall!!
I've said my peace. There are many great artists in the Hall & I don't disrespect them at all, but just love someone stood up to this BS!

Let's be honest, most fans wanted this so bad for 1 reason, to spark a reunion, not for any credible validation from the Hall! It's a joke!!
I hope all the legends the Hall has shit on and still ignores after decades are taking note you don't have to play their game.
Kiss just took a bunch of shots at the Hall & ripped them. If more keep standing up to it they will have to change! OK, I'm done for a bit..
Edited by AGS

He shows up super late for concerts, that is if he shows up at all. He gives out an album once a decade. He does absolutely nothing for his fans who brought him where he is. The tour they are going out on now is just a replay of the last tour. He needs more money or what? All we wanted was for him to show up. Just to show up once for us, accept a price. If he would perform with the old band, that would be great. And now he won't even show up.

Peace.

If he wanted money, he would do a reunion. Fn simple as that. And let's be honest. I go to see GNR. Fn lthrilled to see Ron, Tommy, DJ,dizzy, Chris , frank , Richard, and Axl . See ya, millions of fans will still enjoy GNR.

People should show some respect for his beliefs and not doing something he doesn't want to do... he didn't ask you to like GNR lol, he enriched your life but you sure ain't enriching his by attacking the guy cause he's not comfortable pretending he'd enjoy a ceremony celebrating the past which whilst successful, burnt him and obviously did some damage, especially Slash. Not even mentioning the fact Guns is still active and doing the name well.

Very well.

The original band is what is being inducted which Axl is NOT a part of now, he has a new band to promote even though there name is GNR it's a different band.

He has some valid reasoning...

1. If he done a one off with the original band at the RHOF then the reunion talk would explode.

2. He used this to make it perfectly clear that there would never be a reunion of the original or UYI band.

3. By not playing he is not opening up a can of worms for the current band members to deal with. He made his letter very clear. He doesn't want them to have to go through more than they have to. And the lesser would be to decline and not go. All they have to say is that was his choice ask him.

4. They have a Euro tour coming up and he doesn't want to cloud who will be playing along side him, thus not giving the fans a false hope about who that will be.

It would have been nice to see him go to the RHOF but that is his decision not mine and I have to respect that, because for one I have NO idea what kind of hell the original members put him through after they left the band and how much of that is him taking small things to seriously.

It was just like he said it's a "Damned if I do and a damned if I don't" kind of deal. If he goes whether they play or not the reunion talk would start full force and since he declined induction and is not going to show he is a big baby or whatever, which would be easier to deal with than the questions of a possible reunion day in and day out.

Not a damn single point of yours applies if he simply showed up, accepted the award and thanked the fans and past members. He didnt have to play, just show some decency and respect to the people who helped him get where he is today.

Yes it does if he even shows the reunion talk would go to stupid levels with a tour planned and he used he letter to also say there is NO way there will be a reunion. That is a question him and any member that has been the since it was rebuilt have had to answer time and time again.

Look at the recent TMZ video where he is asked about a reunion. He replied "Not is this life time" and still people keep going on about a reunion, so that is reason enough to decline and not show up.

Edited by bigcountry

If Axl had put out some worthwhile music in the past 20 years, his new band members would have been inducted as well and thsi would be not as big an issue because at least his post break-up stuff would be getting some recognition.

I think it chaps his ass to no end that he can't get the GNR name out from under the old band's shadow.

If he could sell the same amount of money using a different name he would, because he clearly hates everything to do with the GNR legacy except the paycheck it affords him.

If Axl's GNR had a post Slash career like Van Halen did post Roth, Axl would be able to show up because his band members would be inducted as well like Sammy was.

Good for the Hall of Fame for putting in the GNR line-up that actually earned it, not the ones that would have gotten Axl to appear.

You know he could stop living off of the other band members hard work. He could just stop playing the songs they had a hand in writing. The setlist might look like this:

Chinese Democracy

Dead Horse

Live & Let Die

Sorry

If The World

Reckless Life

Breakdown

There Was A Time

Estranged

Shotgun Blues

Shackler's Revenge

November Rain

Street Of Dreams

Back Off Bitch

Yesterdays

Scraped

This I Love

Riff Raff

Riad N' The Bedouins

Mama Kin

Madagascar

Better

Anything Goes

Nice Boys

Catcher In The Rye

Whole Lotta Rosie

IRS

Knockin' On Heaven's Door

...........wait, I'd actually pay good money to see that show! Come on, Axl - do this!

I'm not 13, and support Axl . Yo Axl, much love!

Seriously! Where does all this you have to be a kid to love GNR today come from? I grew up with GNR, and still prefer 2012 over 1989.

Edited by ohmygod

this really killed Axls reputation if you ask me

Axl was known as an A-hole and part of that made him cool

he could have been a big man and played a few songs and gone his own way

But he had to stick to his "I am so cool" I am better then everyone rock god status and showed what a loser he is

So long Axl, no one will care about GNR anymore