Axl Rose not attending HOF

Tabitha27

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck this.

Axl was my idol while growing up and pretty much helped to shape my personality.

Loved everything about his persona and attitude. The ultimate rebel. The ultimate rockstar. The REAL thing. You know that Axl was Axl, no masks, no disguise, no compromises.

So everything you loved about Axl is now what you hate about him? He hasn't changed, and there are still no compromises, which is why he isn't going to that mess.

I respect the decision of Axl. It was obvious that this induction was a kind of trap for him. And the words of Steven and Slash had to strengthen his decision.

But damn, refusing the induction, only Axl can do that ha!

Peace Axl, I'm can't wait to see the band in Lyon, see ya! :thumbsup:

We need some dexter on this thread. come Axl!!

You know when he says something, he says it the one time. It wouldn't make sense for him to come here and elaborate on something that's pretty clear.

Just scout around for celeb and musician Tweets while you're streaming the Revolver Golden Gods awards.

This isn't going to affect Slash and Duff in the slightest, but it must be fucking devastating for Dizzy. The guy was so honored to be inducted. He said it himself. Sure, it's no big deal for a multimillionaire rockstar, but it's huge for the piano guy in the background. And how proud would his wife and children have been to see him on stage? There's absolutely no way he can go now...

-Kickingthehabit

It's definitely Axl's writing. Looking forward to Adler's speech, man it's going to be hilarious, hope he's still alive by then... :confused:

Again- I don't get the hatred of original GnR on here. They accomplished more than this current "band" ever will. And speaking of "current" lets call it "Current GnR". Not "Nu GnR".

Personally I think this is fucking hilarious

Axl rarely speaks. On the instances he has spoken, he's made it very, very clear that he wants no part of a reunion.

And yet, the Reunionists continue to talk endlessly about it and hold it against Axl that he won't make it happen for them.

If he showed up, there were two possibilities: one, he doesn't perform, in which case he receives backlash similar to what he'd receive for not showing up at all (backlash will come from the same people, regardless). Two, he performs, and all the reunion stuff gets amped up to unbelievable heights, undermining the current lineup and simply creating more headaches.

It's almost comical that anyone could think that the people who desperately want him to show up and perform would've somehow been placated by him getting on stage and performing a song or two with the old lineup. Yeah right. They'd become ten times more vocal than they already are about how he should ditch the new band and do a reunion.

This is hilarious because the people that this will legitimately piss off are the same people who do nothing but bitch and moan about everything Axl does or doesn't do anyway

This isn't going to affect Slash and Duff in the slightest, but it must be fucking devastating for Dizzy. The guy was so honored to be inducted. He said it himself. Sure, it's no big deal for a multimillionaire rockstar, but it's huge for the piano guy in the background. And how proud would his wife and children have been to see him on stage? There's absolutely no way he can go now...

-Kickingthehabit

I forgot about Dizzy.

Perhaps he will turn up and mention Axl and then he'll have to deal with that afterwards.

I could be wrong, but I interpreted the below statement as meaning he'd be open to talking with Slash (and maybe even reuniting) if Slash were to apologize and publish a detailed list of all the lies he's spread about Axl in the press over the years.

There's a seemingly endless amount of revisionism and fantasies out there for the sake of self-promotion and business opportunities masking the actual realities. Until every single one of those generating from or originating with the earlier lineups has been brought out in the light, there isn't room to consider a conversation let alone a reunion.

I could be wrong, but I interpreted the below statement as meaning he'd be open to talking with Slash (and maybe even reuniting) if Slash were to apologize and publish a detailed list of all the lies he's spread about Axl in the press over the years.

There's a seemingly endless amount of revisionism and fantasies out there for the sake of self-promotion and business opportunities masking the actual realities. Until every single one of those generating from or originating with the earlier lineups has been brought out in the light, there isn't room to consider a conversation let alone a reunion.

No- he hates original GnR more than the "Current GnR" fans do.

Some people are acting like they walked in on their girlfriend having a threesome with two of their best friends.

Was it THAT unexpected? I mean the last 14-15 years made it very clear Axl hates original GnR. Of course it would be awesome to seen 'em together for a group picture but that would damage the new band on ways people can't imagine. Axl realized that. Simple. They weren't gonna perform anyways, Izzy wasn't going, Slash made it clear. Steven fucked up big time. What more do you want? Jeez..... Move on. Treat original GnR like you treat Pink Floyd, Skid Row, Oasis and Audioslave. It was awesome while it lasted. They have all moved on ('kept for Steven).

Really, Axl compared it to a divorce. I've seen people complain more about original GnR breaking up 15 years later than I complained about my parents getting a divorce half a year later. :shrugs: