Axl Rose not attending HOF

Tabitha27

What an asshole. I just knew he wasn't gonna go. Axl couldn't even give this ONE MOMENT to the fans that made him a cagillionaire. Nobody wanted a reunion tour, nobody wanted him to go up there and hug Slash; the fans wanted 10 fucking minutes of all these assholes putting their egos in check and pretending to get along. People can insult Slash and they can insult Steven, but you know what? BOTH guys are willing to go and play for the fans. That's all that matters. As big of an asshole as Steven is, he was more than willing to just go out there and play.

All along everyone knew this was only gonna happen if Axl wanted it to, and it's clear he didn't want to.

And the shit about him declining his induction is an even bigger slap in the face TO THE FANS. We get it, Axl, you don't give a fuck about the establishment and doing things to appeal the music industry. But what happened to that Tweet where he said specifically to the fans that "this is YOUR victory" in regards to the induction? What happened to him "not wanting to ruin it for everybody"? If he really believed any of that, he would've sucked it up and gone through with it.

Let's not make it seem like there was any chance Axl was gonna go to this thing. His mind was made up long ago that he wasn't going, simple as that.

It's reasons like this why people think Axl is such a fucking miserable prick and has turned into a joke in the music industry. Frankly, he's not giving any of his fans much of a reason to keep defending him.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I think this is fucking hilarious

Axl rarely speaks. On the instances he has spoken, he's made it very, very clear that he wants no part of a reunion.

And yet, the Reunionists continue to talk endlessly about it and hold it against Axl that he won't make it happen for them.

If he showed up, there were two possibilities: one, he doesn't perform, in which case he receives backlash similar to what he'd receive for not showing up at all (backlash will come from the same people, regardless). Two, he performs, and all the reunion stuff gets amped up to unbelievable heights, undermining the current lineup and simply creating more headaches.

It's almost comical that anyone could think that the people who desperately want him to show up and perform would've somehow been placated by him getting on stage and performing a song or two with the old lineup. Yeah right. They'd become ten times more vocal than they already are about how he should ditch the new band and do a reunion.

This is hilarious because the people that this will legitimately piss off are the same people who do nothing but bitch and moan about everything Axl does or doesn't do anyway

This post makes far too much sense for MYGNR!

not sure if this has been posted already in the 27 pages.. but this reporter roger friedman says he knows the reasons why axl isn't attending after having talked to axl personally.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rogerfriedman/2012/04/11/axl-rose-exclusive-hates-slash-wont-do-rock-hall-induction/

Wouldnt that letter have more credibilllity if he got his facts right, November rain was not released in 1986!..unless ive REALLY got my stuff wrong ;-)

Even though Roger Friedman is a toolbag, he's the guy who lost his job at Fox for being too honest about pirating Wolverine before it hit theaters (the movie was financed by Fox, and he posted a review of the leaked workprint).

Most likely what he's writing is true enough. Not surprised either way. Not the first time I've heard stories of Axl ranting about Slash to people in private over the past few years. Dude can hold a grudge.

Edited by Estranged Reality

jarmo quote:

"Congratulations! We will honor what you did 20-25 years ago, but we couldn't care less what you've been doing for the past 15 years! Smile!"."

Yes correct, they honor the work that is cherished by the people that bought it. I know there are a few CD-fans on here, and more power to you, but you are grossly outnumbered by the fans of AFD and UYI.

Think of them as inventions, when you had your biggest inventions in the past, and the small one only recently, you'll always be thought of by your biggest inventions.

It's ridiculous to me because the new guitarist for the RHCP is getting inducted, yet guys like 4tus, stinson, and Pitman have been in the band for years and get no recognition. FUCK the RRHOF!! They got what they deserved.

I thought that too, but I think it's complete bullshit. Slash came to his house, left a note saying let's settle everything, and what does Axl do? He releases a rant. So even if Slash were to admit to some imaginary wrong. based on his previous actions Axl would still find an excuse to not speak to him.

It's Axl's call. Whether it's the "right" one or not... who fucking knows? Probably no one.

I do admire his commitment to the current line-up and his values (even if the vast majority of folks find them misguided... and a bit nuts).

What's interesting to me here is that whether he realizes it or not- Axl truly seems to be "doubling down" on the current line-up and more specifically new music. I venture to guess that he will now take greatly increased heat from the media and the industry for "living in the past" with these Greatest Hits tours unless he starts bringing not only "new" music to the table... but really good new music that connects much more readily with people than CD (though CD is an AMAZING album IMHO). Let's hope for his sake and the current line-up's sake that he still has a few allies out there somewhere in the industry that will support him. Gotta know the "suits" of all stripes are pissed off big-time with this (no reunion album or tour, no HOF "one offer" that would drive GH sales, etc.)...

It's definitely Axl's writing. Looking forward to Adler's speech, man it's going to be hilarious, hope he's still alive by then... :confused:

Again- I don't get the hatred of original GnR on here. They accomplished more than this current "band" ever will. And speaking of "current" lets call it "Current GnR". Not "Nu GnR".

LOL! Did you quot the wrong message? I'm being serious here, with what comes out of Steven's mouth lately it makes you think the reunion it's the only thing that keeps him motivated. And about the success well, you're absolutely right! You don't have to be a rocket scientist to know that, it's too damn obvious, for starters this is not a "rock era", they're not even making music and when they do they not even promote it. Kinda hard to even try to compete, don't ya think? And for the record I do not hate the original lineup so once again, did you quot the wrong message?

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Beatles induction, 1988(?)

But where's Paul?

the_beatles_rock_and_roll_hall_of_fame_induction.png

“After 20 years, The Beatles still have some business differences which I had hoped would have been settled by now. Unfortunately, they haven’t been, so I would feel like a complete hypocrite waving and smiling with them at a fake reunion.” - Paul McCartney, 1988

Edited by dalsh327

At least Axl addressed it in depth, that's what most were asking/begging for prior to the event. Sure it would have been cool to see them up on stage again, but that's our view on it. Axl's view is totally different and understandably so. I don't think I will watch the HOF when it is aired, it's just going to be a Val Halen replica now. The original members(Slash and especially Adler) should have kept their mouths shut, but even then, Axl still probably wouldn't go. Have fun playing along to the CD at the HOF Stevie.

It's just fucking music and some people want to see their favorite band play some of their favorite songs. What the fuck is the big deal. Get over yourself, get on stage, don't talk to anyone and play 5 songs for the millions of fans you have. Give the millions of people who love the original band the chance to see their favorite band play a few songs for once in their lives. This shit is so fucking petty, it's disgusting.

I have supported Axl with the new band and I've supported Duff, Slash with their endeavors through thick and thin. I never post here, I often lurk, but I can honestly say I will NEVER and I mean EVER purchase another thing that Axl Rose releases nor will I attend another concert and I've been t0 7 (all new GnR, I'm 29years old)

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Beatles induction, 1988(?)

But where's Paul?

the_beatles_rock_and_roll_hall_of_fame_induction.png

“After 20 years, The Beatles still have some business differences which I had hoped would have been settled by now. Unfortunately, they haven’t been, so I would feel like a complete hypocrite waving and smiling with them at a fake reunion.” - Paul McCartney, 1988

Is that Yoko Ono accepting the award? My god man she has basically taken over Lennon's life! She should tour and write with the Beatles! I despise that woman.

Well, Axl.

If you're going to be so fucking childish that you refuse to be inducted with the 'old band'... Stop playing their fucking songs.

If you're so happpy with the new members.... let them do something off their own backs, that is worthy of the name.

Sorry, but he comes across as a deluded, whining, ungrateful, spiteful old bitch. And other than the usual fanboys on here, everyone knows it.

LA

Though I am dissapointed that he won't attend, I must say that I respect Axl's adherence to his principles. We may disagree, but he stands up for what he believes in, regardless of the fall out or backlash. The man has more guts that I will ever have.

Edited by Tyson

Well, Axl.

If you're going to be so fucking childish that you refuse to be inducted with the 'old band'... Stop playing their fucking songs.

If you're so happpy with the new members.... let them do something off their own backs, that is worthy of the name.

Sorry, but he comes across as a deluded, whining, ungrateful, spiteful old bitch. And other than the usual fanboys on here, everyone knows it.

LA

I do agree with this part. People say "he doesn't want to undermine the new band" but what exactly has the new band done? I'm talking about the current members. 4/7ths of them did not write a song on Chidem. Personally I would prefer he put out the rest of the Chinese Democracy sessions first as I'm more interested in the Bucket/Finck/Tobias written songs than anything Ashba and Ron can do.