Axl Rose not attending HOF

Tabitha27

I can't believe that a so-called fan wants to see the original members PRETEND to get along, even though they'll hate it, be uncomfortable, feel awkward. That satisfies you? Sickening.

This. I think it would be way more difficult to me to smile and shake hands at the cerimony than performing a song with them.

And to people saying he was immature.. Well, fuck that, immature is to tell people how to react with their own feelings. I rather ignore people I dislike than try to make myself look as a good guy and accept everything they did to me in the past. Because nobody fucking tell the other people to even appologize in the first place.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The rest of the band go onstage completely hammered, accept their awards, and dedicate them to the lead singer.

Yeah the two family men who've been known to drive their kids to school are going to get completely hammered and pretend it's 1989 at the MTV awards and say "fuck' into the mic...and do so with their children and wives watching.

teehee

It would be 100x less childish than Axl's no show

Does this really matter to anyone besides Steven? We all knew GNR was never going to reunite, and the fact that Axl will play with Izzy and Duff is pretty damn awesome. If you want to see old GNR play, go look up videos online. Old GNR is dead. Been dead for 20 years. Move on.

And if GNR magically happens to reunite and play, it will be the most awkward, uncomfortable situation for all members, except Steven. Would that satisfy you? Watching them pretend to get along when you know they hate it?

Did you honestly expect Axl to show up after all this damage? You should be happy that he was at least open to working something out.

Hell yes. Axl said no and now hopefully I will never have to hear stevens bullshit ever again. I'm happy for Axl and GnR. The real GnR. Could care less about all the old bitter ex members. Not that all of them are but a couple of them need to move on.

Tonight we all clearly understood that Axl's gonna hold this grudge till his grave.

We all know that he didn't have a true family life when he was young and I think all this continuous hate is a result of not having old&wise people around you when you are growing up. It's like whisky maturing in very old casks. Axl never had that old cask. Thats why he is just not smooth. He still have his spikes n edges that once made gn'r the most dangerous band in history. And now he is still acting differently than other old GN'R members who have more normal family lives. (well at least they are not punching people around claiming a newly acquired mom)

Old people have a higher and more generalistic understanding of life and they are better at "forgiving" cuz they realise that life is a gift and its simply not worth it.

What do you think Axl would feel 20 years from now when (if) Slash dies ? Will he still hate him ? I don't think so. Because sooner or later he will realise that there is no true long-lasting point in hating someone so much.

I always wished since the last 10 years that maybe I will have my one and only chance at the rnrhof to see my favorite band together on stage for the first time in my life but its not gonna happen. Can we blame it on Axl ? No.

He was just unlucky to have that kind of parents and childhood.

I will still enjoy new GN'R and the brillant talent that Axl has always been (even without the rasp) in London on 31st of May for the 4th time.

Its definitely a sad time for most of us but its time to move on.

Edited by SL138

If his heart isnt in past glories how come 90 percent of his set list is AFD and UYI songs? Where's the new material? One album in 20 years proves your heart is NOT set on the future.

- Cause he hasn't released anything besides Chinese Democracy yet, which was only 3 and a half years back

- It's Guns N' Roses material, his band is Guns N' Roses

- You'd expect he'd want to fill up with more recent stuff with the new guys when the time comes but with a GREAT history you can't leave out classics

- The fans like the old material and you come to a show hopefully cause you like some of a band's catalogue - old and newer

- It's Axl he doesn't function in a predictable timeframe or commercially friendly manner

- The depth of CD, the fantastic musicianship and dedication in concerts, playing the fuck out of all the span of material

- refusing PR or events he doesn't WANT to do regardless of folks opinions, he's not playing a friendly media game to sell, he's being himself and letting the shows and CD and i'm sure new stuff in the next couple years answer for him.

- Surely reuniting with guys he is on a completely different level musically and personally, just to appease guys who spit such venom at him for following his own beliefs, just to earn a LOT more than he does now, just to play Appetite/UYI material with a line up that obviously reached a ceiling... surely that would be extremely hollow and worthy of being pissed off over?

Edited by RandallFlagg

Another thing - something must have happened really late to change Axl's mind, because the band's Facebook/Twitter wouldn't have pimped the Green Day announcement last week if Axl didn't plan on going.

I've gotta believe that Adler's rants had something to do with it..Great job Steven!

What an asshole. I just knew he wasn't gonna go. Axl couldn't even give this ONE MOMENT to the fans that made him a cagillionaire. Nobody wanted a reunion tour, nobody wanted him to go up there and hug Slash; the fans wanted 10 fucking minute of all these assholes putting their egos in check and pretending to get along.People can insult Slash and they can insult Steven, but you know what? BOTH guys are willing to go and play for the fans. That's all that matters. As big of an asshole as Steven is, he was more than willing to just go out there and play.

I can't believe that a so-called fan wants to see the original members PRETEND to get along, even though they'll hate it, be uncomfortable, feel awkward. That satisfies you? Sickening.

All along everyone knew this was only gonna happen if Axl wanted it to, and it's clear he didn't want to.

And the shit about him declining his induction is an even bigger slap in the face TO THE FANS. We get it, Axl, you don't give a fuck about the establishment and doing things to appeal the music industry. But what happened to that Tweet where he said specifically to the fans that "this is YOUR victory" in regards to the induction? What happened to him "not wanting to ruin it for everybody"? If he really believed any of that, he would've sucked it up and gone through with it.

Let's not make it seem like there was any chance Axl was gonna go to this thing. His mind was made up long ago that he wasn't going, simple as that.

It's reasons like this why people think Axl is such a fucking miserable prick and has turned into a joke in the music industry. Frankly, he's not giving any of his fans much of a reason to keep defending him.

Axl said, clearly, that the was open to working something out with the Rock Hall, but didn't feel like with the decisions and comments of the Rock Hall and former members that he wasn't wanted or respected.

The reason why people think Axl is a prick is because they want to see the original band play for THEMSELVES. They could care less about how the members feel or what they're going through.

Axl doesn't care about the fans? He's touring this summer. He toured last year. He brought back Estranged and Civl War. He came on this board to answer questions. Sometimes you have to put the personal lives of the individual before your wants and demands as a "fan". Just like Ron and his injury.

First of all, the ONLY person who would've hated standing up there and playing with the band (if they even did that) would've been Axl. Every other band member that has been interviewed expressed an interest in going and/or playing a few songs onstage. They were willing to put the bad blood aside for one night, but Axl wasn't. Nobody is saying Axl had to go up there and give Slash a hug or whatever, he just had to show up and not be an asshole. He was the only one who couldn't do that (maybe Izzy, too, nobody really knows). Even his current band publicly encouraged him to go for fuck's sake.

Second of all, let's be real: Axl didn't bring back Civil War and Estranged. It took years of fans hounding band members on Twitter (those who actually bother to communicate with GNR fans regularly, unlike Axl) to convince Axl to bring those songs back. Axl himself said on TMS that the band comes to him wanting to play different songs; he doesn't go to them and say, "Hey, let's play this song" or anything. If anything, Ron and DJ deserve more credit than Axl because if they didn't push him to play some old/new stuff once in a while I'm pretty sure he never would've.

As far as him doing his chats here...that's all great and all, but we're going on four years now since that happened. All we've gotten since then was an interview on TMS, an LA Times interview and now this statement he issued. He hasn't directly interacted with the fans, and if anything there's been more negative footage of him fighting with the paparazzi, cursing at people, slamming car doors, etc. than there's been positive footage.

Look, I get it there are some people here that truly like the guy and thinks he can do no wrong. But the mere fact that he's touring (which makes him millions of dollars, anyway) and did an impromptu chat four years ago, I don't really know what he's done "for the fans" in forever. You can't even say he put out Chinese because of the fans because he clearly wasn't on board with that, either.

Wow, it seems like axls maybe holding onto some hate there, i could be 100% wwrong, if he is though, man, it takes a lot of effort to hate for this long. He at least explained himself in his letter, sort of, i just cant get over that hes not allowing himself to be inducted - nuts imo. I really thought just for one night the band could put aside their differences and at least accept the award together. Just think maybe theres a parralel universe out there where gnr never broke up and all the members are being inducted come sat. Anyway i think its totally fucked axl isnt going, really sad and dsiapointe.d.

Does this really matter to anyone besides Steven? We all knew GNR was never going to reunite, and the fact that Axl will play with Izzy and Duff is pretty damn awesome. If you want to see old GNR play, go look up videos online. Old GNR is dead. Been dead for 20 years. Move on.

And if GNR magically happens to reunite and play, it will be the most awkward, uncomfortable situation for all members, except Steven. Would that satisfy you? Watching them pretend to get along when you know they hate it?

Did you honestly expect Axl to show up after all this damage? You should be happy that he was at least open to working something out.

Well put sir, well put.

Though I am dissapointed that he won't attend, I must say that I respect Axl's adherence to his principles. We may disagree, but he stands up for what he believes in, regardless of the fall out or backlash. The man has more guts that I will ever have.

It would have taken guts to show up without Beta holding his hand.

Another thing - something must have happened really late to change Axl's mind, because the band's Facebook/Twitter wouldn't have pimped the Green Day announcement last week if Axl didn't plan on going.

Axl probably made his mind up long ago and nobody knew how to approach him about it or what to ask him. Even Dizzy said on several occasions that he didn't know what Axl was gonna do and he's IN THE BAND touring with him. People just walk on eggshells around Axl, let's face it.

It's just fucking music and some people want to see their favorite band play some of their favorite songs. What the fuck is the big deal. Get over yourself, get on stage, don't talk to anyone and play 5 songs for the millions of fans you have. Give the millions of people who love the original band the chance to see their favorite band play a few songs for once in their lives. This shit is so fucking petty, it's disgusting.

I have supported Axl with the new band and I've supported Duff, Slash with their endeavors through thick and thin. I never post here, I often lurk, but I can honestly say I will NEVER and I mean EVER purchase another thing that Axl Rose releases nor will I attend another concert and I've been t0 7 (all new GnR, I'm 29years old)

You supported the music, but wouldn't you rather leave it up to GNR to determine whether or not they want to get back together, and not a committee?

I agree about the ridiculousness in it, but not where they passed a lot of artists that should have been in years ago.

But I knew he was going to stand by the current lineup, and there it was...

The rest of the band go onstage completely hammered, accept their awards, and dedicate them to the lead singer.

Yeah the two family men who've been known to drive their kids to school are going to get completely hammered and pretend it's 1989 at the MTV awards and say "fuck' into the mic...and do so with their children and wives watching.

teehee

That's right. If anything, it would be a pitiful sight.

The most dangerous band in the world has been long dead (but the most dangerous frontman in the world is still alive and well).

Ill like to add that i think there is a LOT going on behind the scenes in the GnR world (past members, managers, producers, axl, lawyers, etc etc) i believe that after all these years we only know 10% or 15% of the iceberg.

Well, Axl.

If you're going to be so fucking childish that you refuse to be inducted with the 'old band'... Stop playing their fucking songs.

If you're so happpy with the new members.... let them do something off their own backs, that is worthy of the name.

Sorry, but he comes across as a deluded, whining, ungrateful, spiteful old bitch. And other than the usual fanboys on here, everyone knows it.

LA

It would have taken guts to show up without Beta holding his hand.

This. I think it would be way more difficult to me to smile and shake hands at the cerimony than performing a song with them.

And to people saying he was immature.. Well, fuck that, immature is to tell people how to react with their own feelings. I rather ignore people I dislike than try to make myself look as a good guy and accept everything they did to me in the past. Because nobody fucking tell the other people to even appologize in the first place.

People are way too pissed they didn't get to see this:

Obama-Bush-Clinton.jpg

axl was in a no-win. for all the people whining right now about axl not showing up, the same people would be crying their little eyes out if axl did show up, but a reunion never happened. "axl is such an asshole for getting our hopes up at the hall of fame"........some people are never happy. fuck the hall of fame. fuck $lash, fuck adler, fuck sorum.

What an asshole. I just knew he wasn't gonna go. Axl couldn't even give this ONE MOMENT to the fans that made him a cagillionaire. Nobody wanted a reunion tour, nobody wanted him to go up there and hug Slash; the fans wanted 10 fucking minute of all these assholes putting their egos in check and pretending to get along.People can insult Slash and they can insult Steven, but you know what? BOTH guys are willing to go and play for the fans. That's all that matters. As big of an asshole as Steven is, he was more than willing to just go out there and play.

All along everyone knew this was only gonna happen if Axl wanted it to, and it's clear he didn't want to.

And the shit about him declining his induction is an even bigger slap in the face TO THE FANS. We get it, Axl, you don't give a fuck

about the establishment and doing things to appeal the music industry. But what happened to that Tweet where he said specifically to the fans that "this is YOUR victory" in regards to the induction? What happened to him "not wanting to ruin it for everybody"? If he really believed any of that, he would've sucked it up and gone through with it.

Let's not make it seem like there was any chance Axl was gonna go to this thing. His mind was made up long ago that he wasn't going, simple as that.

It's reasons like this why people think Axl is such a fucking miserable prick and has

turned into a joke in the music industry. Frankly, he's not giving any of his fans much of a reason to keep defending him.

Axl said, clearly, that the was open to working something out with the Rock Hall, but didn't feel like with the decisions and comments of the Rock Hall and former members that he wasn't wanted or respected.

The reason why people think Axl is a prick is because they want to see the original band play for THEMSELVES. They could care less about how the members feel or what they're going through.

Axl doesn't care about the fans? He's touring this summer. He toured last year. He brought back Estranged and Civl War. He came on this board to answer questions. Sometimes you have to put the personal lives of the individual before your wants and demands as a "fan". Just like Ron and his injury.

First of all, the ONLY person who would've hated standing up there and playing with the band (if they even did that) would've been Axl. Every other band member that has been interviewed expressed an interest in going and/or playing a few songs onstage. They were willing to put the bad blood aside for one night, but Axl wasn't. Nobody is saying Axl had to go up there and give Slash a hug or whatever, he just had to show up and not be an asshole. He was the only one who couldn't do that (maybe Izzy, too, nobody really

knows). Even his current band publicly encouraged him to go for fuck's sake.

Second of all, let's be real: Axl didn't bring back Civil War and Estranged. It took years of fans hounding band members on Twitter (those who actually bother to communicate with GNR fans regularly, unlike Axl) to convince Axl to bring those songs back. Axl himself said on TMS that the band comes to him wanting to play different songs; he doesn't go to them and say, "Hey, let's play this song" or anything. If anything, Ron and DJ deserve more credit than Axl because if they didn't push him to play some old/new stuff once in a while I'm pretty sure he never would've.

As far as him doing his chats here...that's all great and all, but we're going on four years now since that happened. All we've gotten since then was an interview on TMS, an LA Times interview and now this statement he issued. He hasn't directly interacted with the fans, and if anything there's been more negative footage of him fighting with the paparazzi, cursing at people, slamming car doors, etc. than there's been positive footage.

Look, I get it there are some people here that truly like the guy and thinks he can do no wrong. But the mere fact that he's touring (which makes him millions of dollars, anyway) and did an impromptu chat four years ago, I don't really know what he's done "for the fans" in forever. You can't even say he put out Chinese because of the fans because he clearly wasn't on board with that, either.

So apparently the only way Axl can prove he cares about the fans is to reunite with the old guys, despite what he's been through the last 15 years. Sometimes a fan's demand is not worth it personal. What the hell do you want from him? He gave you a perfect letter explaining himself.

Edited by packersnroses

The original band is what is being inducted which Axl is NOT a part of now, he has a new band to promote even though there name is GNR it's a different band.

He has some valid reasoning...

1. If he done a one off with the original band at the RHOF then the reunion talk would explode.

2. He used this to make it perfectly clear that there would never be a reunion of the original or UYI band.

3. By not playing he is not opening up a can of worms for the current band members to deal with. He made his letter very clear. He doesn't want them to have to go through more than they have to. And the lesser would be to decline and not go. All they have to say is that was his choice ask him.

4. They have a Euro tour coming up and he doesn't want to cloud who will be playing along side him, thus not giving the fans a false hope about who that will be.

It would have been nice to see him go to the RHOF but that is his decision not mine and I have to respect that, because for one I have NO idea what kind of hell the original members put him through after they left the band and how much of that is him taking small things to seriously.

It was just like he said it's a "Damned if I do and a damned if I don't" kind of deal. If he goes whether they play or not the reunion talk would start full force and since he declined induction and is not going to show he is a big baby or whatever, which would be easier to deal with than the questions of a possible reunion day in and day out.

Edited by bigcountry

BTW, Katarina shared some links to the Axl letter... one, using this photo... more band photos soon :xmasssanta: ? (i know, they will probably end in the site, with all the members photos there where once)

Full_Band_still_lo_res1-624x475.jpg