Axl Rose not attending HOF

Tabitha27

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jarmo quote:

"You start a band, people join, the band becomes successful, people leave, they want the band to die, you keep going on, get new guys in who share your vision, you keep going, you're trying to get the train back up and running, you spend years on it, getting the right parts, getting everybody to work together, it's a long ride, you get to a point where you feel proud of what you accomplished after everything you've been through and somebody comes along saying "Congratulations! We will honor what you did 20-25 years ago, but we couldn't care less what you've been doing for the past 15 years! Smile!"."

This is what Axl Rose fanatics really believe, apparently Chinese Democracy justified 15 years of work. I didn't think even it's biggest fans honestly felt that way.

Its times like these where the difference between Guns N' Roses fans and Axl Rose fans becomes painfully obvious.

Edited by sweetness

I just don't get why Axl can't ever do anything for his fans. He won't put out new music, he won't do any interviews, won't make any public appearances, won't do anything. Do you really think Slash or Duff or Dizzy likes being asked about a GNR reunion every time they're fucking interviewed and asked about what's gonna happen at the HOF?? Of course not. But every other member of Guns for the past four months had to be hounded with questions about the HOF without knowing what was going to happen and Axl did nothing except sidestep the question and go into hiding after the last leg of the tour.

His "damned if I do, damned if I don't" excuse is total bullshit, too. If he went, acted cordial, accepted his award, played two songs and moved on how exactly would he be "damned"? Because people would start speculating about a reunion tour again and he'd have to answer a question every six months when the paparazzi actually has a chance to talk to him? Tough shit.

This is only going to make more people hate him, and in turn hate the new band, even more. If he ever does put out another record, I fully expect for it to sell worse than CD because Axl has made absolutely zero new fans since Chinese came out, and probably has lost several more than anything else.

though CD is an AMAZING album IMHO).

That it is! There needs to be a lot more material but chinese shows the passion and work Axl has put in to live up to the GNR legacy, it's not easy. Once a steady (extremely talented and capable of doing all eras justice as well as put on a show and have thick skin) line up had fucking finally been assembled, we've seen constant near or over three hour shows, he performances through 2010 in particular were among the best the band's ever done.

Axl's rebuilt Guns around himself yes but he had no other choice, he never left and it's his world. It's always been a band driven by his emotion painted onto a musical landscape. I don't have a problem with him wanting to keep in the moment and refusing to cash in on nice PR stuff that he obviously doesn't WANT to do, absolutely shooting down megamoney reunion ideas (and gettiing sabotaged/shit-talked for it). He's come a long goddamn way to get here and is well aware of what GNR has achieved and in a strange way he's probably not attending cause he understands that but his heart is in the future not past glories (contrary to popular belief).

jarmo quote:

"You start a band, people join, the band becomes successful, people leave, they want the band to die, you keep going on, get new guys in who share your vision, you keep going, you're trying to get the train back up and running, you spend years on it, getting the right parts, getting everybody to work together, it's a long ride, you get to a point where you feel proud of what you accomplished after everything you've been through and somebody comes along saying "Congratulations! We will honor what you did 20-25 years ago, but we couldn't care less what you've been doing for the past 15 years! Smile!"."

This is what Axl Rose fanatics really believe

Its times like these where the difference between Guns N' Roses fans and Axl Rose fans becomes painfully obvious.

Jarmo is delusional. The band's success was a collaborative effort and Jarmo is trying to diminish that. "Oh Axl started the band therefor he is the king, nothing else is relevant". What has Axl done in the past 15 years that deserves praise? Put out one very good album yes, but so have many other artists. That's it really. Oh and touring, no other bands tour or anything... Why would most people aside from hard Guns fans care what Axl has done in the last 15 years? Anything he did do was minimal(promo) or half-assed. It's not like he reinvented the wheel. In fact it was a step back from his early days where music videos were made, interviews were done, concerts were filmed and released etc.

This can potentially be the most rock n roll, RNRHOF in history....

Band gets inducted in its first year. Lead singer not only doesnt show up, but refuses to be inducted. Lead singer releases a press release saying he doesnt want acknowledged or anyone to accept the award on his behalf. The rest of the band go onstage completely hammered, accept their awards, and dedicate them to the lead singer.

Its only rock n roll, but I like it...

LA

Now that's a letter! :) I chuckled as I read it. I felt let down after certain comments by certain people, certain choices by RNRHOF, and disappointed at the whole situation surrounding the upcoming event, but Axl's response made up for it completely. It totally made my day.

Too bad I won't be able to see GN'R live this year.

What an asshole. I just knew he wasn't gonna go. Axl couldn't even give this ONE MOMENT to the fans that made him a cagillionaire. Nobody wanted a reunion tour, nobody wanted him to go up there and hug Slash; the fans wanted 10 fucking minute of all these assholes putting their egos in check and pretending to get along.People can insult Slash and they can insult Steven, but you know what? BOTH guys are willing to go and play for the fans. That's all that matters. As big of an asshole as Steven is, he was more than willing to just go out there and play.

I can't believe that a so-called fan wants to see the original members PRETEND to get along, even though they'll hate it, be uncomfortable, feel awkward. That satisfies you? Sickening.

All along everyone knew this was only gonna happen if Axl wanted it to, and it's clear he didn't want to.

And the shit about him declining his induction is an even bigger slap in the face TO THE FANS. We get it, Axl, you don't give a fuck about the establishment and doing things to appeal the music industry. But what happened to that Tweet where he said specifically to the fans that "this is YOUR victory" in regards to the induction? What happened to him "not wanting to ruin it for everybody"? If he really believed any of that, he would've sucked it up and gone through with it.

Let's not make it seem like there was any chance Axl was gonna go to this thing. His mind was made up long ago that he wasn't going, simple as that.

It's reasons like this why people think Axl is such a fucking miserable prick and has turned into a joke in the music industry. Frankly, he's not giving any of his fans much of a reason to keep defending him.

Axl said, clearly, that the was open to working something out with the Rock Hall, but didn't feel like with the decisions and comments of the Rock Hall and former members that he wasn't wanted or respected.

The reason why people think Axl is a prick is because they want to see the original band play for THEMSELVES. They could care less about how the members feel or what they're going through.

Axl doesn't care about the fans? He's touring this summer. He toured last year. He brought back Estranged and Civl War. He came on this board to answer questions. Sometimes you have to put the personal lives of the individual before your wants and demands as a "fan". Just like Ron and his injury.

You now have 1 less fan Axl.

And this is when you really need it. Nobody gives a shit about you anymore. It was just us old fans paying your bills.

I will not give another cent to Axl. Will not get another album when you finally bring it out in another 10 years, and when you tour Australia you can rot in hell.

You are 50 years old mate, act your age, let bygones be bygones, learn to forgive and forget.

Nice knowing you

I just don't understand how people can still support Axl after this. As if Axl did this because he has "standards" to uphold?

He did it because he wants nothing to do with Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven. It's nothing more than being hateful and selfish

to others to prove that he's moved on from the old line up. Thought maybe he's grown up in time. Guess we were wrong.

pretty pathetic if you ask me. swallow your pride and do it for the fucking fans. No one is asking you to play, but showing up to accept the hnour with the guys that MADE the band would have been a nice gesture to all the loyal fans that has stuck with you through all the fuckign shit

Edited by RJ88

Well, Axl.

If you're going to be so fucking childish that you refuse to be inducted with the 'old band'... Stop playing their fucking songs.

If you're so happpy with the new members.... let them do something off their own backs, that is worthy of the name.

Sorry, but he comes across as a deluded, whining, ungrateful, spiteful old bitch. And other than the usual fanboys on here, everyone knows it.

LA

I'm sorry but what's wrong with playing songs you were not only a part of but also helped to write? As much as I believe Adler is messed up, I never thought there's was anything wrong with him playing the old songs he was a part of, or with Duff doing it, Slash playing GnR songs though I never agreed with his choice of singer... Fergie singing SCOM scared the hell out of me! And I love Myle's voice but I would absolutely hate if he suddenly started singing November Rain with Slash but I'd not think there's something wrong with it, apart from you know... The horrible singing! :xmassrudolph:

The rest of the band go onstage completely hammered, accept their awards, and dedicate them to the lead singer.

Yeah the two family men who've been known to drive their kids to school are going to get completely hammered and pretend it's 1989 at the MTV awards and say "fuck' into the mic...and do so with their children and wives watching.

teehee

Some of the mystique of the band got lost when Chinese Democracy was released. Until then, the mainstream hadn't seen anything officially from new-GNR and still had the impression that Axl was just fucking around before a reunion tour.

This announcement kind of solidifies that Axl's going to with new-GNR for the rest of his career, and now many people will see GNR in the past-tense who were still holding out hope for a reunion.

The fanbase has been holding out for their induction and at least some sort of reunion because of it for years now. This is a major letdown, and as a fan of new-GNR and old-GNR I'm really disappointed.

It's hard to support Axl when he's not producing new material or catering to the fans of old-GNR. Right now he's catering to himself.

I *do* understand that Jann Wenner has never liked Axl, so if Jann did something to upset negotiations with Axl, that's pretty much the only explanation I would understand as to why Axl made this decision

Edited by Freddie Mercury's Ghost

I feel bad for Axl. So many of his fans are fucking retards. He's doing the right thing. He's also doing the right thing for his band, GUNS N ROSES. He showed his guys a ton of respect. I hope he stays home listening to the songs DJ wrote among others while Steven cries about it at the HOF.

If anything, Slash, Duff and Steven are probably totally relieved now and can get on with their plans. This doesn't leave much time, but best case scenario would be to see them happy as hell to be getting inducted and finding a singer to jam out a few of their songs. Myles seems the natural choice. Who knows where Izzy's head is at on this.

This announcement makes me wonder what Steven knew and when he knew it. Maybe he had advance word this was the card Axl would be playing and unloaded.

Granted, they all lost big with the breakup, but this must seem like kind of payback for Axl having taken the band name. Yeah, he took the name, but now because he's so isolated from the others, they get inducted and he doesn't. Definitely evens things out a little after all these years...

I feel bad for Axl. So many of his fans are fucking retards. He's doing the right thing. He's also doing the right thing for his band, GUNS N ROSES. He showed his guys a ton of respect. I hope he stays home listening to the songs DJ wrote among others while Steven cries about it at the HOF.

this

This sucks. At least Axl could of left his name as a nomination. It will be very strange to have Axl not be listed in GNR on the award. I think The Hall of Fame did right by the list they planned to induct.

The hype went on too long. Is anyone really super surprised Axl will not show up. It is too bad because I figured this event could help the band make mends. I figured if they all meet up and hanged out maybe they could all get on good terms again.

Edited by rocker rockstar

If anything, Slash, Duff and Steven are probably totally relieved now and can get on with their plans. This doesn't leave much time, but best case scenario would be to see them happy as hell to be getting inducted and finding a singer to jam out a few of their songs. Myles seems the natural choice. Who knows where Izzy's head is at on this.

This announcement makes me wonder what Steven knew and when he knew it. Maybe he had advance word this was the card Axl would be playing and unloaded.

Granted, they all lost big with the breakup, but this must seem like kind of payback for Axl having taken the band name. Yeah, he took the name, but now because he's so isolated from the others, they get inducted and he doesn't. Definitely evens things out a little after all these years...

thats true