Axl Rose not attending HOF

Tabitha27

to all the fuckheads saying they are done with gnr.......don't let the door hit you in the ass.

We wont. You keep on kissing Axls ass.

If you like a band and support them, you are an ass kisser ? Weird fn concept!

It was a reply to the person who called everyone who feel they are done with GNR fuckheads (He clearly learned his english by watching Axl rants on youtube).

For me, it's two different bands. It's the original Guns, and it's Axl and his coverband. I would go to a GNR concert to see and hear Axl, that's it. That's my personal opinion.

I was hoping he would show up on Hall of Fame for the millions of fans who just wants to see him in the same room as Slash, but he won't. Is it so extremely strange that a lot of fans are disappointed by this?

No it's not. But, Axl doesn't owe you or anyone anything. I respect Axl's decision . It is his. We cannot force him to feel one way because it is people's rock n roll dream. For whatever reason Slash did something to him. We fully don't know what. You wouldn't like it if someone were to tell you to make amends with someone you don't want to. Example.... I wouldn't expect my father to forgive my mother for one night, just to make me happy at a party. Say my mother, cheated on him and really destroyed him mentally. I wouldn't keep bugging my dad to change his feelings and views. I would respect him, and let him be.

You dont think he owes anything to the total amount of fans that gave him a career?

No, he doesn't owe you, me or anyone anything. It's not like he went "I'm an artist, give me money" without giving you something back. If you bought the albums without liking them, then you're just stupid. If you paid to go to a GnR concert, you recieved the 3 hours performance in return, if you paid 20 bucks for a t-shirt, do I really need to go on? I've posted this before I think but there's a BIG difference between him actually owing you something and you wishing he just wasn't such an ungrateful bastard" cause he doesn't want to show how grateful he is the way you want him to. Axl has said he's thankful, people are pissed simply cause they wanted to see him with Slash, throwing a fit about how childish Axl is, ironic isn't? :xmassrudolph:

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys I realize some of you are frustrated for your reasons but bashing of people here is not allowed:

10) This is a GNR FAN Forum, members should keep this in mind when posting. Do not bash GNR, VR, MEMBERS, EX-MEMBERS, or their MANAGEMENT

users who violate this will be dealt with accordingly. You can object to Axl Rose if you like, but do so in a civil manner.

I let everyone vent for enough time now it is time to discuss the topic without bashing of ANYONE.

Edited by gunsguy

^^^ yikes looks like the mods should clean the thread now.

Yes!

Of course they should. (drinking my cool aid) Axl is the best. Whatever he says is correct. Old GnR suck. Current GnR are greatest all time musicians.

No one said that, expressing an opinion is perfectly fine, being pissed off is fine. Lashing out and calling names against someone here is NOT allowed. Many users can post long posts about thier displeasure in a civilized manner without name calling, there are some who need to be guided is all.

I am just sitting here with my coffee and will delete any posts that violate the rules, easy for me :thumbsup:

THis way no one will be surprised when the posts go poof. Many think that may be harsh or something, or that I am somehow kissing ass. I work here on staff and help make sure the rules are followed, you can dislike Axl and the new guys it does not matter to me that is not a rule here, bashing is and I won't be allowing that part.

Edited by gunsguy

Its an honor to be in the RRHOF. Any of you can say what you want, but without us, Axl is working at McDonalds. I hoped, but didnt expect, them to perform. So that was no big surprise that a performance wasnt going to happen. But I expected Axl to be there and be a part of history. Axl showed that he has no gratitude for his fans and anyone thats supported him. I thought that maybe he changed a bit since he's been a bit more fan friendly, getting on stage at a decent time and everything else. But I guess not. Axl is my favorite musician of all time, and theres nobody that even comes close. But regardless of what ANYONE says, this is a slap in the face to the fans. This is a slap in the face to ANYONE thats supported him, or spent any money on anything that hes been a part of. Without his fans, hes not even considered to be in the RRHOF. He can try to put out another album, but outside the hardcore fans (like us) NOBODY CARES about GNR. Axl basically said, "Fuck all of you." So you know what? Fuck you Axl Rose.

That's assuming everyone thinks like you, it's an honor according to who? I don't go to a GnR concert or buy a GnR album cause Axl is nice and all loving, that's just a plus. But I don't know about you but I'm fully aware the frontman here is Axl Rose not freaking lady gaga, I go to his concert cause he's great at what he does. Simply as that! The day they fail to entertain me, that day it'll be over but not just because Axl failed to do something I wanted him to do! :rolleyes:

Isn't there a quote somewhere where he said that the only reason they worked so hard on GnR to become successful was to allow them/him to do whatever he wanted the way he wanted. Well he got it!

I am sure it makes Axl feel good to know the fan forums are being heavily moderated right now, but does he realize there is a whole internet out there allowing all the comments that are being deleted here?

From what I am seeing in the comment sections of alot of the articles he is taking it on the chin pretty good.

Yes!

Of course they should. (drinking my cool aid) Axl is the best. Whatever he says is correct. Old GnR suck. Current GnR are greatest all time musicians.

No one said that, expressing an opinion is perfectly fine, being pissed off is fine. Lashing out and calling names against someone here is NOT allowed. Many users can post long posts about thier displeasure in a civilized manner without name calling, there are some who need to be guided is all.

I am just sitting here with my coffee and will delete any posts that violate the rules, easy for me :thumbsup:

THis way no one will be surprised when the posts go poof. Many think that may be harsh or something, or that I am somehow kissing ass. I work here on staff and help make sure the rules are followed, you can dislike Axl and the new guys it does not matter to me that is not a rule here, bashing is and I won't be allowing that part.

You're setting a bad precedent here.

Last thing we need is for this to become Jarmo-land with censorship every time Axl pisses off a mass of people.

Axl - maybe if you just stopped pissing people off we wouldn't have to complain and you wouldn't need a network of internet mods to thought-police a general consensus that you should lighten up.l

I am sure it makes Axl feel good to know the fan forums are being heavily moderated right now, but does he realize there is a whole internet out there allowing all the comments that are being deleted here?

From what I am seeing in the comment sections of alot of the articles he is taking it on the chin pretty good.

I can only mod THIS site, if other sites allow bashing, hey up to them :shrugs: He is going to get reamed he knows it, he said it in his letter, he would of either way. The name calling and such is just silly IMO

Yes!

You're setting a bad precedent here.

Last thing we need is for this to become Jarmo-land with censorship every time Axl pisses off a mass of people.

Axl - maybe if you just stopped pissing people off we wouldn't have to complain and you wouldn't need a network of internet mods to thought-police a general consensus that you should lighten up.l

You can claim that (althought not sure what Jarmo land means) yet you posted and it remains, why is that? Because you did not BASH anyone, that is what I am moderating, not opinions, not censorship. You agreed to the rules when you signed up here. Your opinion is welcome, senseless bashing that offers nothing into the thread is not welcome here by anyone.

Axl still supports GN'R (cause the current lineup is GN'R, if you like it i'm happy for you, if you don't like it just remember the old lineup and your hair, i miss my hair too, this is a cool example to show some think tanks blowing minds and working in the people thoughts too) are the Deep Purple fans tearing their hair about the current Deep Purple lineup? the opinion of the fans?...when in the art history a Picasso fan had the right to led the artist's hand?, is it art or business?, why some people choose business?.....there's cool boxers with the Brian Jones, Mick Taylor and Bill Wyman faces printed in the back, hurry up Rolling Stones fans..to the shops ¡¡¡¡ fucking Jagger and Richards, they had the fault....yada yada yada :sleeper:

All the outrage over Axl's decision (and letter) is one of the funniest things I've seen on these boards in a while. All the holier than thou, hypocritical backlash is really a sight to behold. Let's see, where to begin:

Axl had four "realistic" options, with four virtually identical sets of consequences:

-Say nothing, don't show up. Consequence: "they" call Axl a bitter, childish asshole who doesn't even respect "the fans" enough to let them know he won't be attending or why; same old, same old, Axl never communicates, people would be more accepting of his actions/choices if he had the common courtesy to explain things once in a while. The same people would either completely ignore the fact that Izzy didn't show up without saying anything, or simply write it off as "Izzy being Izzy"

-Show up, don't perform. Consequence: "they" say that Axl is a bitter, childish asshole who couldn't set aside his "petty grudges" for 15 minutes to perform with the old band; only showed up because he couldn't stand to see the old band collect accolades that he believes belong to him

-Show up, perform. Consequence: "they" would not be placated. While "they" claim that all they're asking/hoping for is for Axl to set aside his "petty grudges" for 15 minutes to perform with the old band, the moment Axl did it, that wouldn't be enough. "They" haven't gotten the message that Axl has stated very clearly for many years on the times he has spoken publicly: that he doesn't want a reunion. "They" would use this one off event as evidence of how "amazing" a reunion would be. "They" would be even more vocal than "they" already are about how Axl should ditch the new band and do a full blown reunion. "They" would call Axl a bitter, childish asshole for not "giving the fans what they want" and doing a full blown reunion.

-Don't show up, explain why. Consequence: you guessed it. "They" are calling Axl a bitter, childish asshole who is ruining it for the fans. And by writing a letter, he's simply proving that he's a drama queen who needs to make it all about him, all the time; "they" are saying it would be more respectable if, like Izzy, he just didn't say anything at all and didn't show up (yes, these are the same people who constantly complain about his "lack of communication" with the fans).

Let's face it: there was nothing Axl could do to placate 95% of the people who are pissed off. "They" would be right back to bitching relentlessly about everything he did within a month or two, regardless of his decision, unless his decision was to disintegrate the new band and do a reunion. That's it. That's the only thing that would truly satisfy them and there's no way in hell that was going to happen.

Then let's get to the levels of hypocrisy displayed by 95% of the people who are irate that Axl isn't showing up. "They" like to say that Axl is childish, petty, etc. Yet "they're" reacting like a bunch of 14 year olds who just got dumped for the first time, calling Axl names, saying that "they'll" never support anything Axl does again and boycotting all future shows, selling their tickets, etc. Essentially acting like Axl personally came and took a dump on their living room floor because he won't show up at an event and hang out with people that he doesn't like or want to associate with, just so they can get 10 or 15 minutes of enjoyment.

"Why can't Axl just show up and play 2 or 3 songs with the original lineup"

Why can't "they" just get over it? I guess "they" don't realize the irony of spewing so much venom at someone for not doing what "they" want, and calling that person pathetic and childish, when "they" are absolutely livid and whining as though Axl has ruined their life/hopes/dreams by not showing up and putting on a forced performance for a few minutes at an awards show. Pretty laughable, actually. Needless to say it's been an entertaining day on the Guns boards.

Edited by shotgunblues1978

This whole thing is very sad for me to watch.

It's sad for a lot of people.

But rejoice...there's a new band pic! It even has its own thread!

And we've got Mr. Staff Member attempting to muzzle one of the biggest stories in GnR history down to a footnote. :thumbsup:

haha mods can delete posts and warn all they want, fact is the fanbase is PISSED. You dug your grave by another foot asshole i mean axl rose

Childish. All because he isn't showing up despite writing a well-written letter perfectly explaining himself. NEWSFLASH: Fans don't always get what they want. No matter how much they beg, or how much they think is owed to them. Read the letter again, eventually a little humanity will come out of the pissed off fans. Hopefully.

Edited by packersnroses

I guess "they" don't realize the irony of spewing so much venom at someone for not doing what and calling that person pathetic and childish, when "they" are absolutely livid and whining as though Axl has ruined their life/hopes/dreams by not showing up and putting on a forced performance for a few minutes at an awards show.

This is what I find outlandish :lol:

He'll always be shunned by the masses like Batman unless he gives in to what they expect tho, it's the price you pay for having the balls to say Fuck Off sometimes.

yeah and its really a shame, when someone stands up for what they believe in they get attacked, its really sad and fucked up really

You can claim that (althought not sure what Jarmo land means) yet you posted and it remains, why is that? Because you did not BASH anyone, that is what I am moderating, not opinions, not censorship. You agreed to the rules when you signed up here. Your opinion is welcome, senseless bashing that offers nothing into the thread is not welcome here by anyone.

You can't just after 5 hours of this news breaking go "WHOA WHOA WHOA GUYS - I THINK YOU'VE ALL BEEN TALKING ABOUT THIS AXL LETTER FOR FAR TOO LONG" when it's a headline on every major news site in the world.

Axl can't control the media, the only thing he can control are whatever fan forums were paid off to polish his knob *coughJARMOcough* and the decisions he makes.

Axl just made a decision with tremendous consequence, and now I fully imagine him sitting at his computer, furiously clicking "refresh" like the introverted mess he's turned into.

Sad day for Guns N' Roses.