I wonder if Axl has seen that, but most people consider the band that played at the HOF as GNR.

izzydoezit

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing that died was any chance Axl had to ever convince anyone other than his sycophantic circle that his band is GNR. A name does not a band make. He probably spent the night sitting on his electronic toilet crying into a bowl of rocky road ice cream.

or maybe Axl was at a party watching the decline of the mercenaries :shrugs:

and laughing about what VR was doing ...

I don't know why he would laugh... they sounded pretty damn good and looked good on stage. ;)

Well, without Axl Rose there nor will there ever be Guns N Roses.

I consider the new GNR band to be Guns N Roses now.

Nothing can take away from the original members, but since Axl has moved on with his new GNR, I think we fans need to respect it and support it.

For those of you who still can't let go of the original band of 20 years ago, that's your right.

I am grateful to have been a part of the era of GNR back in the 80's and early 90's, but I'm also so glad that I'm still here for the new GNR and that Axl Rose is still the frontman the still kickin ass!

The real Guns N' Roses ...

Slash's group75%

Axl's group25%

Total Votes: 72,575

Again, the vote is not about which group of musicians are Guns N' Roses, but which group of musicians deserve to be Guns N' Roses. I really hope people understand the difference, although I am starting to believe this concept is just beyond many's grasp.

I don't think the majority votes mean much.

Look at the last Presidents the majority of voters voted for. lol

Most voters don't always vote for the right man for the job, so people voted that the original members are more GNR than the present band doesn't mean much, when Axl Rose is still fronting his GNR.

Of course a gossip site poll is going to side with the guys the media makes out to be the victims. Most people hate Axl and don't even know why. The internet is full of followers, and it's cool to say Axl is the asshole.

For the longest time I thought Axl was an asshole, but lately I've wised up, you could say.

It's quite simple. When you make yourself so inaccessable and others make themselves very accessable, the grand majority are going to flee towards the easier route. Did Axl ever actually promote Chinese Democracy on any night shows while Slash takes every opportunity he can to promote his work? When is Axl not in a lawsuit? How expensive are GN'R concerts nowadays? I've seen Slash concerts for not such a bad price at all but maybe that's changed a little as his popularity is rising, post VR. Who actually showed up to the Rock and Roll HOF?

It's not stupidity and it's not "It's TMZ, don't take it seriously." It's all about how you deal with the public and clearly Axl has no interest in doing anything to work with the public in some way, regarding his band. And by public, I don't mean have $200 autograph sessions (If that's really true).

Axl can change the public perception with the snap of the finger, and he should... but for whatever reason he doesn't. Therefore, you get most fans believing that Slash is the face of GN'R, which isn't false. He's not even in the band, and he's the face of GN'R in the publics eye. There's something wrong with this picture.

And of the demographic voting on TMZ, how many are potential rock n roll enthusiasts?

EXACTLY

Maybe it's all of those dweebs who saw that pic of Slash with Justin Beiber and thought that that made him cool? :shrugs:

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

another low substance post with rofl emoticons :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

is good to see people having fun ... here I have so much fun with all the "haters" around :krider:

Something about Angeles really riles the Slash/Slash leaning fanbase; even, those that otherwise post with equanimity and sense.

I wouldn't take something like this seriously at all, the only thing it proves is how hurt people really are with Axl's decision of not going to the hall of fame. The more you care, greater the disappointment and even greater anger and sense of betrayal. But, if Axl had a suddenly change if heart... Well, we all know what'd happen! :xmassrudolph:

Axl hates Slash, because Slash got way to much attention when he was in Gn'R and even gets more attention while doing is solo projects than Axl coverband.

That's why Axl replaced all the bandmembers with some unknown guyes, just so Axl would be in the spotlight all by himself.

...what?