Axl at a Jack White show.

rabia

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never really listened to him before but I loved his new album really good stuff!

And to one of the coments above, no he isn't the greatest guitar player but that doesn't matter because it isn't guitar driven music. He playes really really well for the music he's playing and he is as good as most people or even better then most people on slide guitar. and if you think he is the worst you havn't heard many guitarists.

But as somebody else said I also see it like I do with Kurt Cobain, it doesn't matter what they can or can't play it's just how they do it that is the good thing about it.

if jack white had done the HOF induction, this board would be shitting all over him. and if axl had gone to see green day perform, you would all be jacking off in your sister's panties talking about it. geesh.

or people just like him? crazy thing huu? Some people like something you don't isn't that bizarre?

:rolleyes:

Edited by Desperado

Jack White tonight at The Mayan was great. Jack=superstar. The people watching highlight was seeing @ConanOBrien & Axl Rose talking.

Axl and Conan 'O Brien talking? Maybe Axl offered him a donut. :)

Ha! Would love to see Axl on Conan.

And Jack White is boring.

Good god

Funny. I've seen White get bashed in this forum way more than praised.

I call this the mickey rouke effect.

Now that we know Axl likes Jack, there will be 74 posts from people saying how much they have always admired and respected him.(even if they bashed him three months ago).

Now that we know Axl likes Jack, there will be 74 posts from people saying how much they have always admired and respected him.(even if they bashed him three months ago).

I don't remember there being a lot of Jack White bashing here, but maybe I just didn't pay attention to it...

I have been a massive JW fan for a while, the only thing I have bashed him for is the horrible loudness wars mastering on the second The Dead Weather album

I'll bash him if you like. I really don't know enough about him to do any informative bashing, or praisng, but hell, I'll do my best.

Just give me some pointers on where to start.

I'll bash him if you like. I really don't know enough about him to do any informative bashing, or praisng, but hell, I'll do my best.

Or you could go to YouTube and listen to some of his songs and make an informative decision!

I hate Jack White and his shitty brand of retro rock. All his songs sounded better the first time around when they were done by other artists.

Edited by ITW 2012

Or you could go to YouTube and listen to some of his songs and make an informative decision!

Blah, I'll pass. From what I do know, he really wouldn't be my thing.

If you've got no pointers, you can bash him on your own. See if I try and help you again.

no doubt, i bet we're gonna have several idiots signing up with username "jack white" etc. over the next few days. :rofl-lol:

I call it the Myles Kennedy Effect

I saw the White Stripes at the greek in 2004.

it was kick ass.raw,pure rock n roll.

I like his sideprojects too.dead weather and racounters.

he's the real deal.

this makes me respect Axl more.

imagine a guest spot on the next Axl album.

I call it the Myles Kennedy Effect

Did anybody know who Myles was before he started playing with Slash? I didn't, so I can honestly say that I haven't liked him since the first time I heard him.

I would like Slash's solo album a lot more with no vocals than I do with Myles. Same goes for the HoF performances.

In fact, if there are any people here with the sound editing tools to get him out of there, I would be willing to throw you a few bucks.

Never heard of him. Recommended?

Wow what?? How's that even possible if you even just like music just a small bit? :) Defo worth looking in to. Jack White has delivered more music than Axl to be honest, and is a phenomenal talent.

Never heard of him. Recommended?

Wow what?? How's that even possible if you even just like music just a small bit? :) Defo worth looking in to. Jack White has delivered more music than Axl to be honest, and is a phenomenal talent.

He could have kept the White Stripes name going if he wanted. I doubt Meg cared one way or the other about that.

Blunderbus doesn't sound too different to White stripes really. It's a bit more 70s rock or like Zepp but the vocals are still pretty similar. I don't get what the fuss is all about, it's alright though. nice enough.

Wow can't believe the people that are dissing Jack White. Personally I love most everything he does. My fav. music movie is It Might Get Loud. the look on Jack and The Edge's faces the first time they see Jimmy play Zep. in front of them is priceless!!