Apocalyptic Love has leaked

Original GNR

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First time I have heard of people complaining about too much music!.....for me there can never be enough so give me everything they recorded for this album as I can always find something in a song to like..

Some of the songs some of you want to cut are some of my favotites...I love "We Will Roam" as it has a great hook and groove to it........

And Towlie your set list is spot on as those are most of my favorites......

And Zint I am with you mate as I have been cranking this CD in my Jeep with the windows down and sunroof open since my fan pack came on Monday...it is a great cruising album and can see this cranking at summer barbecues..some great hooks.........

Great effort by Slash and the boys and the best since the first Snakepit IMHO.............

I can't stop listening to this record. Myles' voice is annoying in a couple songs, but he sounds really good on others.

Yes, as others said, these songs are gonna be the shit live.

Slash has so many cool riffs and solos on this album. I can't believe some people think it's terrible.

I think this is Slash's best work in a long time, and I actually loved his last record.

I can't even choose favorites right now. I like so many for different reasons. It's so distinctly Slash, and I love the Gn'R vibe on a few of these tunes, which is something that we haven't heard from the half-man/half-beast in a while.

I even heard some cowbell. And fucking talkbox. Wow.

Fucking great record. Yeah Myles voice annoying sometimes, but still a great record.

Can't wait to see Slash live again rock1

Me, neither. Can't. Wait. I don't know why they haven't announced a Chicago date yet.

I keep saying "one more song" and I've been up for an hour and a half now 'cause I can't stop listening to this record.

I know everyone keeps saying it, but "Anastasia" is such a great song. I love everything about it, Myles included.

When he comes in with "Blood red sky on a desert road. Gotta make my way to MEXICOoooo." MAN.

Edited by GnR Chris

Disappointed with what I heard. I found the album to be quite predictable with bland, uninspired riffs and lead work. His tone was very thin which takes away from the bluesy crunch he was known for in the past. I suspect its the new rig he's got going on, very stripped down and crap sounding to be blunt. Myles just sounds terrible, one of the songs, cant remember which, he sounds like a female country singer. Ugh, seriously Slash? What happened to you man?

Didnt think I liked this album that much after the first listen but this album fucking GROWS on you man!! It is sooo good..

1)Apocalyptic Love - Didn't like this one at first but then all of a sudden it was stuck in my head.. Good track.

2)One Last Thrill - Didn't like this one at first either. It has also grown on me still don't love it but not bad. Myles sounds just like Johnny Rotten or whoever the singer is from the Sex Pistols on it.

3)Standing In The Sun - Now we are talking. The riff in this song is just fucking killer. Great song.

4)You're A Lie - Liked this song from the beginning and still like it more every time I hear it. So good. I hear it alot on the radio and Sirius also.

5)No More Heroes - The guitars on this song give me chills. I think this should be the second single.

6)Halo - Another grower. Good song.

7)We will Roam - hmmm can't really place this song by name right now. Obviously not that one that sticks out ;)

8)Anastasia - Such a bad ass song.. The guitars in this song are freaking amazing.. Epic Epic song from Slash here.

9)Not For Me - Loved this one from the beginning too.

10)Bad Rain- Another Grower, good song

11)Hard and Fast- Again, doesn't really stick out. Cannot hear it in my head right now.

12)Far and Away - Classic Slash ballad.. Gn'R esque guitars..

13)Shots Fired - Another Grower. Did not like this one the first time I heard it, but not I think it is really good.

Bonus tracks

14) Carolina - This song is fucking awesome!!! I have no idea why it didn't make the album.. Sooooo good.

15)Crazy Life - Hasn't really stuck out yet.

This album get's better every listen.. Love it.. Might be the best thing Slash has done since Guns... Also just because I cant remeber a song off teh top of my head right now doesn't mean it is a bad song. I can listen to the whole thing with out skipping anything. I just don't know it all good enough yet.

7)

Edited by HowlinWolf

I don't listen to leaks and try my best to avoid spoilers, so I didn't hear Apocalyptic Love until being able to buy the CD in a store on release day. I've listened to it six times so far. Overall, I like it better than Slash's first solo album, but I don't think there is anything as good as the best songs from the first record.

So basically, I find it to be a more consistent album. There's nothing on it that bores me. The first album had several songs I did not care for. This one is more middle of the road. Nothing great, but respectable.

I don't enjoy hearing Myles sing GNR songs, but I enjoy his vocals on this album. I like this album better than both Snakepit albums.

My favorite songs are Anastasia, Bad Rain and You're a Lie. Hope I got the names right. The booklet doesn't have lyrics, so I haven't been able to read along while listening and therefore don't know most of the song names.

I actually agree with everything you said here. Nearly word for word...

Whoa...is that a blue moon out there...?...

I enjoy this quite a bit. The first solo album took a long time to grow on me, but this has way more songs that instantly click. They all kind of follow the same pattern, but there are some fantastic choruses. A number of songs sound like they would have made really good VR songs, but really it seems like the best possible Snakepit album. Pretty solid stuff all around. Probably the best post-Guns album for Slash. A lot of the drumming is very, very AFD styled.

My iTunes playlist...

1) Apocalyptic Love

2) Hard & Fast

3) Standing in the Sun

4) You're a Lie

5) Halo

6) We Will Roam

7) Not For Me

8) Bad Rain

9) Carolina

10) Far and Away

11) Shots Fired

44 minutes on the dot, flows much better in my opinion.

Didnt think I liked this album that much after the first listen but this album fucking GROWS on you man!! It is sooo good..

1)Apocalyptic Love - Didn't like this one at first but then all of a sudden it was stuck in my head.. Good track.

2)One Last Thrill - Didn't like this one at first either. It has also grown on me still don't love it but not bad. Myles sounds just like Johnny Rotten or whoever the singer is from the Sex Pistols on it.

3)Standing In The Sun - Now we are talking. The riff in this song is just fucking killer. Great song.

4)You're A Lie - Liked this song from the beginning and still like it more every time I hear it. So good. I hear it alot on the radio and Sirius also.

5)No More Heroes - The guitars on this song give me chills. I think this should be the second single.

6)Halo - Another grower. Good song.

7)We will Roam - hmmm can't really place this song by name right now. Obviously not that one that sticks out ;)

8)Anastasia - Such a bad ass song.. The guitars in this song are freaking amazing.. Epic Epic song from Slash here.

9)Not For Me - Loved this one from the beginning too.

10)Bad Rain- Another Grower, good song

11)Hard and Fast- Again, doesn't really stick out. Cannot hear it in my head right now.

12)Far and Away - Classic Slash ballad.. Gn'R esque guitars..

13)Shots Fired - Another Grower. Did not like this one the first time I heard it, but not I think it is really good.

Bonus tracks

14) Carolina - This song is fucking awesome!!! I have no idea why it didn't make the album.. Sooooo good.

15)Crazy Life - Hasn't really stuck out yet.

This album get's better every listen.. Love it.. Might be the best thing Slash has done since Guns... Also just because I cant remeber a song off teh top of my head right now doesn't mean it is a bad song. I can listen to the whole thing with out skipping anything. I just don't know it all good enough yet.

Agree with you on everything man.

It's ALL still growing on me...each listen there's a new "holy shit" moment!

My 1st full listen through, thought there were 3 standouts, but that overall it didn't match the quality of depth of the last solo album. And being honest, just didn't think Myles could carry the full record for my taste. But damn, by the 3rd listen I totally dug every track except 2--One Last Thrill and Hard & Fast which remain my only skips. Everything else KILLS including the bonus tracks. How the hell did Carolina not make the cut?!!

Can't get enough of Bad Rain, so incredibly badass and a perfect Slash/Myles collaboration. We Will Roam another huge fav.

Awesome, awesome album. rock1 :thumbsup:

Edited by Turn_It_Up

My 1st full listen through, thought there were 3 standouts, but that overall it didn't match the quality of depth of the last solo album. And being honest, just didn't think Myles could carry the full record for my taste. But damn, by the 3rd listen I totally dug every track except 2--One Last Thrill and Hard & Fast which remain my only skips. Everything else KILLS including the bonus tracks. How the hell did Carolina not make the cut?!!

Can't get enough of Bad Rain, so incredibly badass and a perfect Slash/Myles collaboration. We Will Roam another huge fav.

Awesome, awesome album. rock1 :thumbsup:

Agree that this album is a grower.. Get's better with every listen. "One Last Thrill" is the only one that I don't like too much.. I still like it a little bit more than I did at first