Apocalyptic Love has leaked

Original GNR

From what people are saying about Anastasia, it sounds gucking epic. There's still 4 hours before I can listen to it D:

I would possibly be willing to go as far as say it is the best song he has done since GNR blew up.

It is different, fresh/modern sounding, and his playing sounds as good if not better than it ever has.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what people are saying about Anastasia, it sounds gucking epic. There's still 4 hours before I can listen to it D:

it's awesome, not predictable at all.. the guitars are awesome, and it's probably Myles best performance on the whole album

I've never bitched about Myles' voice, cause I actually like it a bit and I think he is talented and great with Alter Bridge and live with Slash. But his voice is so annoying on Apocalyptic Love, that I had to stop listening to the record. He does that high pitched yodeling on every song. He is talented and technically great, but he lacks something. That little extra spark. And he could use a few different voice techniques than just that one that I mentioned. Instrumentally those songs are cool and great. Something that you can expect from Slash. Nothing earth-shattering, but still, good and solid stuff.

yeah, apart perhaps from "anastasia," i haven't heard anything that strikes me as being distinctly slash. what i mean by that is, maybe you can tell it's him on these tracks, but he feels so undermined by the over-production, the overly loud generically aggressive rhythms, and - frankly - the disappointing vocals. i've been largely indifferent to myles (love a couple tracks from alter bridge like "blackbird," enjoyed his work with slash the last go-'round) but something about the production here is probably what makes his voice utterly irritating.

probably the worst album slash has ever released, in my opinion. just strikes me as attempting to appeal to a different demographic; music that was pretty much the antithesis of slash and GN'R's essence. the same crowds these motley crue type glam-metal revival bands are aiming at. i'm glad other people enjoy it but it's not my cup of tea.

Edited by Estranged Reality

First listen, first impressions:

Fucking awesome: Standing In The Sun, Anastasia, Bad Rain, Apocalyptic Love

Will probably love after a few more listens: Not For Me, No More Heroes, Carolina, Halo, We Will Roam, Crazy Life, (You're A Lie is probably a little higher than this category since I've heard it a lot)

Meh at the moment: One Last Thrill, Hard and Fast, Far And Away

Anastasia really is the stand out as you guys were saying, really stands out against the rest of the songs. Fucking great guitar playing on it.

I'll give a more in depth review in a few days when I've had time to fully digest it.

Edited by FuddMckagan

I got the physical album since yesterday morning, the DVD is a 22 min documentary w/ some studio insights. Kind of Slash's webisodes stuff. Pretty cool but too short ! :thumbsup:

Edited by Slash2baz

Overall, this is a very solid and enjoyable rock n roll record. Some parts are a little bland, but there are other parts that definitely surpass expectations.

Some real tasty licks and riffs going on in some of the songs, complemented by the production. More positively, there are some glimpses of the 'Slash of old' on the record, especially on Anastacia. Some of his more recent songs were a little too bland for me (We're All Gonna Die, Starlight, Ghost etc). So its nice to hear something with a bit more edge. We know he still has it, as he does it night after night in a live setting - it was just a case of trying to bottle some of that energy and capure it in the studio.

LA

Anastasia is just in another level compared to the rest of the songs!! Don't get me wrong, there's a lot of very good songs on this album but Anastasia has just become a Slash classic. Amazing. I'm also very impressed with Not For Me, Bad Rain and Shots Fired! AL is much more consistent than Slash's last album. :thumbsup:

Well, to me Apocalyptic Love is the weakest record of Slash´s career :(

GN`R stuff > It's Five O'Clock Somewhere > Contraband > Ain't Life Grand > Slash (2010) > VR`s Libertad > Apocalyptic Love is pretty much the order for me.

Bit disappointed i must say (and i wasn´t expecting too much of this).

There is some good bits here and there, so it´s not entirely weak, but i´ll rank it between ** and ***

I really hope Slash makes next record with VR-guys, with or without Scott. Myles is not the songwriter who gets best out of our guitar hero (songwriting wise).

"We’re pleased to advise that your copy of Classic Rock Presents Slash - 'Apocalyptic Love' Fan Pack is on its way to you." ----> still i say rock3

ps. Yep, Anastasia rulez rock1

GN`R stuff > It's Five O'Clock Somewhere > Contraband > Ain't Life Grand > Slash (2010) > VR`s Libertad > Apocalyptic Love is pretty much the order for me.

There is some good bits here and there, so it´s not entirely weak, but i´ll rank it between ** and ***

I really hope Slash makes next record with VR-guys, with or without Scott. Myles is not the songwriter who gets best out of our guitar hero (songwriting wise).

"We’re pleased to advise that your copy of Classic Rock Presents Slash - 'Apocalyptic Love' Fan Pack is on its way to you." ----> still i say rock3

You really think Libertad is better than Apocalyptic Love? Myles's singing aside (not everyone is a fan of him - although I am), Slash's guitar work on this album is miles ahead of Libertad.

Edited by Original GNR

You really think Libertad is better than Apocalyptic Love? Myles's singing aside (not everyone is a fan of him - although I am), Slash's guitar work on this album is miles ahead of Libertad.

I really think so. Slash´s guitar work is not the only thing what i am listening when i rate records, it´s the overall performance, songstructures, lyrics etc,etc... It´s just my opinion, not the ultimate truth.

turd. slash needs to work with real songwriters. myles is slash's bumblefoot... amazing technical abilities... but a nerd with nothing cool to say or do. i'll be stunned if anyone outside of forumland notices. plop plop plop. slash should just guest on other people's shit these days. preferably people who know how to write timeless songs or who aren't too proud to hire someone who can.

Edited by HRS

go to walk in the park man.

libertad is a great fuckin rock n roll record. is a fact.

go to walk in the park man.

libertad is a great fuckin rock n roll record. is a fact.

It's a fact is it?

In my opinion Libertad was a massive step down from Contraband...but that's just my opinion.