Apocalyptic Love has leaked

Original GNR

Let's make things clear:

I downloaded this album and think it's weak. Myles Kennedy is terrible on this record and the songs are probably Slash's weakest in his carreer.

Sorry, but the only reason why people could praise this album is because it's from Slash. I just really hope he gets back with VR and hires a good singer.

And I can provide people with links but that's not allowed on this forum right?

Sorry, but the only reason why people could praise this album is because it's from Slash.

No. I liked the album, because i think this is a great work. So your theory is full of shit. We all know that you hate Slash nowadays, so if he comes with an another AFD (which is pretty impossible) you still talking your big mouth of why the record is a shitbag.

Wait, first you quote me saying:

I like Slash, I like his work in GN'R, a bunch of his Snakepit stuff, some of his VR stuff and I enjoyed ''Slash''.

And then you say that I hate Slash? facepalm.gif

I just gave my opnion on the album. It's not awful but it's nothing special either. And if Slash comes with another AFD or something close to that I'll be the first one to buy it, because I think Slash can't write stuff like that anymore.

If Slash ever makes such classics again I'd gladly become a Slash fan.

But hey be a bitter little bitch towards me because I don't like the album. All I was hoping for was a VR reunion or some classic Slash stuff, can't blame me for that.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anastasia is just in another level compared to the rest of the songs!! Don't get me wrong, there's a lot of very good songs on this album but Anastasia has just become a Slash classic. Amazing. I'm also very impressed with Not For Me, Bad Rain and Shots Fired! AL is much more consistent than Slash's last album. :thumbsup:

agree 100%, those are the strong songs in there.

One Last Thrill is awesome too imho, Far And Away is for me currently the weakest one, even though Slash outro and Myles singing is very good, it still lacks something...

from what i read it seems Myles is one of those singer you either love or hate, which is a good sing, usually these are the ones that stand out from the rest

Really diggin Halo more and more. Great riff and cool lyric.

the whole song says TROUBLE... one of the greats

Much like the last album, I gotta give mad props to Mr. Valentine for the outstanding production job. :thumbsup:

The last 2 albums are probably in the top 3 sounding works Slash has worked on.

true that, i was playing Ain't Life Grand album yesterday and you can tell the difference immediately

he also produced Made In Stoke, no wonder it sounds so good, Slash doesn't seem to want to work with anybody else and i don't blame him

Edited by dario27

I think it's a brilliant album, the best thing slash has done since Use Your Illusion, and by quite a fair bit.

You can tell he is showing off his skill with different styles, I love Anastasia, the talk box and the solo in Hard and fast reminds me of Jimi Hendix solo in Johnny B Goode, love the use of the Wah in Apocalyptic Love too.

Well done Slash thumbsup.gif

Anastasia's awesome. Talk-box on Carolina is pretty cool. Just can't get into the rest of the album like I could with "Slash", though. I'll be listening to it more but I just get annoyed by the weak choruses. Slash's guitar for the most part is very good and occasionally great, and I quite like Myles and most of the verses, but the choruses just kill it for me.

Think this album would've been better with Chris Cornell singing :P

Pretty happy with this album. Starts off well, is pretty solid in the middle, then gets pretty strong in the later half.

I'm a long term Slash fan, but I call a spade a spade. I've not held back in admiting I've been slightly underwhelmed by some of his most recent work. And secretly I feared the worst when I heard some of the snippets last month.

But this is good. Very good in fact

LA

Edited by LA_0013

Myles sounds best on "Not For Me", which for me is the best track behind Anastasia.

Apart from the solo, it almost sounds like it could be from ABIII.

True. "Not For Me" shows that Myles is a fuckin' great singer. He doesn't sound good on heavier tunes though.

Myles sounds best on "Not For Me", which for me is the best track behind Anastasia.

Agree with everything. That track is amazing. Myles sings perfectly. Wow... really loving this album.

Agree with everything. That track is amazing. Myles sings perfectly. Wow... really loving this album.

Hi man. tanx for sharing.

i will post my impressions after listen more. by now i consider the album ok.

I've only given it two spins so far, but I have to say, it's sounding pretty lacklustre to me.

There's nothing as strong as Crucify The Dead, Gotten, Watch This, By The Sword or Nothing To Say.

Where are the hooks? When I first heard You're A Lie I thought it was a bit generic but it grew on me over time. Now I've heard the entire album it's easy to see why this was chosen as the single. It's really one of the only tracks with a decent melody. Title track, Not For Me and Anastacia sound alright, nothing spectacular, but good songs nonetheless. The rest of it? Meh.

True. "Not For Me" shows that Myles is a fuckin' great singer. He doesn't sound good on heavier tunes though.

What keeps me from liking One Last Thrill and Hard & Fast even more is exactly that. But kudos to him in 80% of the record. He's really surpassed all my expectations :thumbsup:

I'm almost done listening to it. It reminds me a little bit of the snakepit albums, in the sense that it's a well balanced album. The kind of album you listen to without skipping songs. Velvet Revolver has a bunch of really great songs but I can't help but skip some songs that I just find kinda boring. It's not the case with Apocalyptic Love. Good songs throughout the whole album.

I'm absolutely not disapointed. The only thing I would suggest to Slash is to make more songs that last longer, 6 to 7 minutes, even more than that. But I'm nit-picking here ;)

Couldn't have agreed more. It's like he only lets loose on the longer songs.

An album full of 6-8 minute songs often seems indulgent.

But yeah, Slash definitely shines on more elaborate, guitar focused songs. If the album had 1 more 'Anastasia' I'd be very happy. But 1 is better than 0.

LA

Edited by LA_0013

the best album they've done in their lives, AFD is full of 3 - 4 minute songs except for Rocket Queen and Paradise..

there's no need to take away protagonism to any songs, besides, wanting for more is always the best sign.. cloying yourself is a no no.. you end up getting tired of it

the best Rock albums always have 1 or 2 epics!, having more would take away protagonism and nothing would "stand out"

Edited by dario27