The begining of nu-GN'R - how it all started

Kohler

thanks for confirming how much of a cupcake piece of shit MSL really is hitman :thumbsup:

what was your impression when you met these people? didn't weird you out at all?

It didn't weird me out at all. Different people do different things with their time. MSL surrounds himself with a lot of different people and so he does many different things not related to trolling/the internet

Erm, did you guys know that Slash has a new record. a man must promote his work i guess.

Okay, so why doesn't Slash promote the record and promote his new band instead of STILL talking about Axl and the original GNR.

It seems each time Slash talks about the past, something new is said. At this stage of the game, I don't know if Slash makes shit up as he goes along, or he remembers new shit each time, but like Axl has said, dude, it's time to move on.

Slash has been out of the band for close to 20 years, he's moved on to so many different bands, yet the question of a reunion still comes up and he continues to talk about it even though he did say after the Hall of Fame, that it's over and done with.

Slash needs to quote Axl and tell them "not in this lifetime" and move the hell on.

All of the members have moved on, why can't some reporters and fans do the same.

Even Marc Canter who has known slash since school admits "Slash lies"

When I read that Marc Canter interview I was so happy because it was like proof coming from outside Axl's camp that Slash is a liar. A lot of people take Slash's side because Axl has not been open very much about everything. When he does open up, he gets attacked. Hopefully one day we will know the truth about both sides.

Marc has never specified what Slash has lied about so don't get your hopes up that anyone is going to run to Axl's defense because much of what Slash has claimed happened has been backed up similar stoires by ex band members and people who were close to the band. So unless you believe it is a conspiracy and all these people got together with Slash to get their stories straight what he claims happened most likely is the truth.............

Until someone can find someone other than Marc that can remember that time, the memories are questionable at best. Some of my friends could tell me that something happened during a very large chunk of my 20s and I wouldn't be able to dispute it. More likely, I would believe it and go along with it.

Hmmmm...Sure some of the dates they claim things happened around are not the same so you have a point there but you figure all these people misremembered the same stories and events? What are the odds of that?

Not very low actually. If you have no memory of some time in your life and somebody repeatedly tells you something happened, you will start to believe it.

It is one of the many flaws of the human brain.

I'm not saying that that is what happened, but I tend to put more faith in the word of a sober witness over the word of somebody who was not in their right frame of mind, to say the least.

thanks for confirming how much of a cupcake piece of shit MSL really is hitman :thumbsup:

what was your impression when you met these people? didn't weird you out at all?

It didn't weird me out at all. Different people do different things with their time. MSL surrounds himself with a lot of different people and so he does many different things not related to trolling/the internet

Erm, did you guys know that Slash has a new record. a man must promote his work i guess.

Okay, so why doesn't Slash promote the record and promote his new band instead of STILL talking about Axl and the original GNR.

It seems each time Slash talks about the past, something new is said. At this stage of the game, I don't know if Slash makes shit up as he goes along, or he remembers new shit each time, but like Axl has said, dude, it's time to move on.

Slash has been out of the band for close to 20 years, he's moved on to so many different bands, yet the question of a reunion still comes up and he continues to talk about it even though he did say after the Hall of Fame, that it's over and done with.

Slash needs to quote Axl and tell them "not in this lifetime" and move the hell on.

All of the members have moved on, why can't some reporters and fans do the same.

When I read that Marc Canter interview I was so happy because it was like proof coming from outside Axl's camp that Slash is a liar. A lot of people take Slash's side because Axl has not been open very much about everything. When he does open up, he gets attacked. Hopefully one day we will know the truth about both sides.

Marc has never specified what Slash has lied about so don't get your hopes up that anyone is going to run to Axl's defense because much of what Slash has claimed happened has been backed up similar stoires by ex band members and people who were close to the band. So unless you believe it is a conspiracy and all these people got together with Slash to get their stories straight what he claims happened most likely is the truth.............

Until someone can find someone other than Marc that can remember that time, the memories are questionable at best. Some of my friends could tell me that something happened during a very large chunk of my 20s and I wouldn't be able to dispute it. More likely, I would believe it and go along with it.

Hmmmm...Sure some of the dates they claim things happened around are not the same so you have a point there but you figure all these people misremembered the same stories and events? What are the odds of that?

Not very low actually. If you have no memory of some time in your life and somebody repeatedly tells you something happened, you will start to believe it.

I'm not saying that that is what happened, but I tend to put more faith in the word of a sober witness over the word of somebody who was not in their right frame of mind, to say the least.

Wow! I never realized Slash has such superpowers to control peoples memories.....out of all the Axl fans I have respect for you because at least you are rational with your arguments but with all due respect I think you are reaching here mate............

Wow! I never realized Slash has such superpowers to control peoples memories.....out of all the Axl fans I have respect for you because at least you are rational with your arguments but with all due respect I think you are reaching here mate............

Not superpowers man, it is a flaw with the human brain. It is called suggestive memory and it occurs more frequently than anybody would think it does. I'm not even trying to insult Slash here, I am just stating something that might be a possibility.

I still tend to believe Marc over Axl or Slash though. He is neutral and has no reason to lie.

With all due respect DS I just can't buy the suggestive memory thing as too many people are telling the same stories as Slash but I respect your opinion..

But I agree with you 100% about Marc Canter...he has posted some great stuff on the other forum which has given me a different perspective on the whole Axl/ Slash relationship to the point where I try not to get sucked into the Axl vs. Slash pissing matches which trust me is tough to avoid..........

With all due respect DS I just can't buy the suggestive memory thing as too many people are telling the same stories as Slash but I respect your opinion..

But I agree with you 100% about Marc Canter...he has posted some great stuff on the other forum which has given me a different perspective on the whole Axl/ Slash relationship to the point where I try not to get sucked into the Axl vs. Slash pissing matches which trust me is tough to avoid..........

Copious amounts of JD, coke and smack may also cause problems with ones memory. Just sayin.

Copious amounts of JD, coke and smack may also cause problems with ones memory. Just sayin.

Give us a kiss you big fat tart that y'are! :wub:

un-fucking-believable :thumbsdown:

What's the craic GG? :(

i have told this story once about my dad he was addicted to heroin and many pills including oxycontin and valume and other drugs. he left the house years ago and would tell people i knew all these wild stories and i would get calls saying "did that really happen" and i wouldnt even know what the fuck they were talking about. my dad got sober some years back and said he doesnt even remember half the things that he said or did while addicted . iam not saying slash is all full of shit or axl is golden i have said i think the truth lies somewhere in the convaluted haze that is the middle of their stories

Can I just interject with the fact that I've just bought tickets to the London gig next Friday and I'm about as excited as a cheerleader on prom night! :lol:

I'm going to be there, a run-in could be interesting. Are we fucking or fighting?

i have told this story once about my dad he was addicted to heroin and many pills including oxycontin and valume and other drugs. he left the house years ago and would tell people i knew all these wild stories and i would get calls saying "did that really happen" and i wouldnt even know what the fuck they were talking about. my dad got sober some years back and said he doesnt even remember half the things that he said or did while addicted . iam not saying slash is all full of shit or axl is golden i have said i think the truth lies somewhere in the convaluted haze that is the middle of their stories

As Marc has stated repeatedly in his posts they both have their own perspectives on what happened and to them it is the truth..Unless someone neutral like Marc was to write a tell all book, which will never happen IMHO, we will never know the complete truth on many of these issues..........

Correct me if I'm wrong, but how does a interview of Slash talking about how he left the original band have anything to do with new band?

He answered a question about Guns N' Roses, and this is the Guns N' Roses discussion and news section. Not the "new band" section, as some people seem to think

Edited by sweetness

Guest Broskirose

It's legendary threads like these that would never exist under Montrealer and GG's reign of terror and censorship. God bless the internet.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but how does a interview of Slash talking about how he left the original band have anything to do with new band?

Well, let's see...I can think of at least 2 reasons quickly

1. Without the Old band, there wouldn't be a nu band to discuss.

2. If Slash hadn't left the Old band, there wouldn't be a nu band to discuss.

Take your pick.

Btw, this thread is pretty awesome.

Can I just interject with the fact that I've just bought tickets to the London gig next Friday and I'm about as excited as a cheerleader on prom night! :lol:

There were still tickets left?

He answered a question about Guns N' Roses, and this is the Guns N' Roses discussion and news section. Not the "new band" section, as some people seem to think

Slash is a former member of Guns N' Roses and he's talking about how he quit the original band. Slash topics/interviews go in the "Former Gunners" section, not the main one. I have nothing against Slash, he's a great guitar player. I just think topics that involve him as a dominant factor should be in the section it's supposed to be in because all it does is make people bitch with each other.

It's a interview that has nothing to do with today's band. It doesn't belong in the main section that is all about today's band.

Edited by GNR123GNR456

So can we just IP ban MSL now? The man's does more harm than good when it comes to Axl and the nu guys, he's universally despised around here, and now admits he's just here to fuck with people.

And if we IP ban him, that means 5 of his seven "soldiers" are useless to him...

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: ....

:rofl-lol:

I'm going to be there, a run-in could be interesting. Are we fucking or fighting?

Hahhaa! Are you serious? Hey I'll happily buy you a shandy if you're willing to show yourself buddy! ;):wub:

Probably a fuckload but I still get to see Axl Rose so I'm happy! :lol:

First time?

Slash is a former member of Guns N' Roses and he's talking about how he quit the original band. Slash topics/interviews go in the "Former Gunners" section, not the main one. I have nothing against Slash, he's a great guitar player. I just think topics that involve him as a dominant factor should be in the section it's supposed to be in because all it does is make people bitch with each other.

It's a interview that has nothing to do with today's band. It doesn't belong in the main section that is all about today's band.

Thanks chief! And when you become admin of the site, maybe we'll actually care what you think,

First time?

Nah but I wasn't planning on seeing any gigs from this tour until I got really drunk about two hours ago. :lol:

First time?

Nah but I wasn't planning on seeing any gigs from this tour until I got really drunk about two hours ago. :lol:

Ahh, that explains the giddiness. :lol: I knew it had to be more than Axl.

Despite all the posturing and I-don't-care statements from Slash, ultimately... ultimately he regrets signing the name over to Axl. He gave away the band to Axl. And only after it dawned on him what a boneheaded move that was, he decided to wage a little media campaign against Axl on the sly.

Axl will continue to haunt him, and while he may continue to haunt Axl just the same, in the end he looks like the coward for not challenging Axl directly for joint creative control of the band. Axl may be an asshole, but Slash isn't some innocent little pawn who did no wrong. For all the fans who hold Axl to such a high standard, they should do the same for Slash.