The begining of nu-GN'R - how it all started

Kohler

There were still tickets left?

Probably a fuckload but I still get to see Axl Rose so I'm happy! :lol:

First time?

Nah but I wasn't planning on seeing any gigs from this tour until I got really drunk about two hours ago. :lol:

Ahh, that explains the giddiness. :lol: I knew it had to be more than Axl.

A weekend in London is enough to do it! Almost as good as the Village! ;)

Oh and may I remind you people that bba bragged about getting volcano banned. In fact, it would seem that trolling mygnr is a pasttime for several folks around these parts.

Damnit I can't find the thread, but here's some interesting evidence nonetheless:

http://www.gunsnfnroses.com/index.php?/topic/17894-trolling-on-mygnr-is-funny/

So in fact, it would seem that making socks (alt accounts) is fun for lots of posters. However, to be fair, this happens everywhere on internet message boards. So... as far as MSL goes... *shrug*

Edited by Popcorn's Snare

A weekend in London is enough to do it! Almost as good as the Village! ;)

Almost?! I've never been to London though so I can't compare. But I'm sure you're in for a good night then! :)

Spent a few days on my travels in the lower east side last year and I'm insanely jealous of anybody who can call that place home! London is an amazing runner up though if you ever get the chance to check it out. I'm off to the Bayeux this year! :lol:

Oh and may I remind you people that bba bragged about getting volcano banned.

Which was fucking hilarious!

i don't know what's funnier.... msl spending all day on this and other forums, msl pretending it's really 5 other grown dudes that live together, or the fact that he seems to think that the idea of 5 grown dudes living together and playing around on the internet together would seem cooler to others. maybe if he was 19 and just moved out of his parents' place. i wonder if they decorate their swinging suburban bachelor pad with empty liquor bottles. or if they have a pulp fiction poster.

when i found out i could post again, i was delighted and horrified. yes, this place is a giant time suck. but it's so funny. i love this place so much.

Edited by HisRoyalSweetness

Can I just interject with the fact that I've just bought tickets to the London gig next Friday and I'm about as excited as a cheerleader on prom night! :lol:

I'm going to be there, a run-in could be interesting. Are we fucking or fighting?

Hahhaa! Are you serious? Hey I'll happily buy you a shandy if you're willing to show yourself buddy! ;):wub:

Of course I'm going to be there pal, I'll be in the lobby of the Howard Johnson's wearing a pink carnation - waiting.

Marc has never specified what Slash has lied about so don't get your hopes up that anyone is going to run to Axl's defense because much of what Slash has claimed happened has been backed up similar stoires by ex band members and people who were close to the band. So unless you believe it is a conspiracy and all these people got together with Slash to get their stories straight what he claims happened most likely is the truth.............

I think he also said that Axl got mad about him for his forum postings. From what he said it sounds like Marc will refrain to criticize Axl because of how sensitive he is. He mentioned that Slash lies but nothing significant. Axl lying in the chats about how he acquired the GN'R name did it for me. I don't really feel that it is fair for Marc to extend disparate treatment to one friend over another when talking them just to try mend fences. There's no reason to walk on eggshells anymore.

Now that the RRHOF is over I kind of wish Slash wouldn't hold back anymore.

Well, it seems that despite the 20 page derailment, we're somehow back on topic. Let's keep it that way...

May I remind you all that the current rules still apply until we've written the new ones; the insults I've seen here go far and beyond what's going to be acceptable in future or what has ever been acceptable in the past.

Sure, we might let threads wander a little more, we might be a little more relaxed in discussion and news - but this forum is not to be used as a haven for abuse of other members in any fashion - even when it's a dude like MSL who's pathetic enough to make threads on his own board bragging about how awesome trolling with his "7 buddies" over here is.

Keep it respectful and on topic guys, thanks.

Despite all the posturing and I-don't-care statements from Slash, ultimately... ultimately he regrets signing the name over to Axl. He gave away the band to Axl. And only after it dawned on him what a boneheaded move that was, he decided to wage a little media campaign against Axl on the sly.

Axl will continue to haunt him, and while he may continue to haunt Axl just the same, in the end he looks like the coward for not challenging Axl directly for joint creative control of the band. Axl may be an asshole, but Slash isn't some innocent little pawn who did no wrong. For all the fans who hold Axl to such a high standard, they should do the same for Slash.

Slash has released 6 CDs of new music since leaving Guns...honestly I think it is Axl and his fans who are obsessed with Slash and can't let go..............

Slash has released 6 CDs of new music since leaving Guns...

but none comparable to "Chinese Democracy"

But that is an opinion and besides the point anyway

in my opinion slash doesn't match robin's & bucket's solos on the chinese democracy record with his own apocalyptic record

And I would take any of his six albums over ChiDem which I find to be very mediocre so you see it is all a matter of taste........... :shrugs:

You're 100% right, it is a matter of taste. Some people have good taste, some people don't. You fall in the latter.

And I would take any of his six albums over ChiDem which I find to be very mediocre so you see it is all a matter of taste........... :shrugs:

You're 100% right, it is a matter of taste. Some people have good taste, some people don't. You fall in the latter.

But see I really don't care what you think of my taste mate.............nice try though......... :thumbsup:

But see I really don't care what you think of my taste mate.............nice try though......... :thumbsup:

You would if I was cooking you dinner.

You would if I was cooking you dinner.

And love was found in the MyGNR forum that day!

So let's take stock. Msl claims he is a "professional fighter" and a singer/songwriter who lives in a palace with 6 other guys, all which have nothing better to do than cupcake a gnr forum. MSG, pardon me, MSL allows them to live there because he is mega rich. MSL successfully blackmailed GNR into giving him hush money for a flashdrive that contained sensitive info.

Reality: He's just a loner who wrestles in places about the same size as my garage, with his biggest crowd being determined by how many of the wrestlers family members turn up. He spends hours and hours trolling everyone pretending that he's not a complete loser that spends 10-12 hours at a time on mygnr (thanks for the screenshot of his forum confirming what we already knew). MSL never had any inside info on GNR he was just doing what he says he always does, trolling kids on a forum. He has uploaded a few vids of him playing guitar and singing which any 8 year old can do. Interestingly enough, I've seen 8 year olds with more skill/talent.

MSL, all jokes a side go seek help. To be that deluded about yourself is not healthy.

So let's take stock. Msl claims he is a "professional fighter" and a singer/songwriter who lives in a palace with 6 other guys, all which have nothing better to do than cupcake a gnr forum. MSG, pardon me, MSL allows them to live there because he is mega rich. MSL successfully blackmailed GNR into giving him hush money for a flashdrive that contained sensitive info.

Reality: He's just a loner who wrestles in places about the same size as my garage, with his biggest crowd being determined by how many of the wrestlers family members turn up. He spends hours and hours trolling everyone pretending that he's not a complete loser that spends 10-12 hours at a time on mygnr (thanks for the screenshot of his forum confirming what we already knew). MSL never had any inside info on GNR he was just doing what he says he always does, trolling kids on a forum. He has uploaded a few vids of him playing guitar and singing which any 8 year old can do. Interestingly enough, I've seen 8 year olds with more skill/talent.

MSL, all jokes a side go seek help. To be that deluded about yourself is not healthy.

slowclap.gif

Hey sorry guys, my account was hacked.

To answer the original post, no, "new" GNR was not a partnership between Axl and whoever he wished to hire. I'm sure that was part of the problem. Had it been a partnership, I'm sure Slash would have been more inclined to stay. The issue was Axl being the sole owner of the new entity, with all other members of the band being relegated to employees instead of partners in the new corporate entity.

when Axl took sole ownership of the name, wasn't the new contract that it was a 'new' GNR that Axl owned but with equal members? And then later on there was another new contract stating that Slash and Co. were simply employees. Am I right? I swear I read that somewhere... (maybe Duffs book)

Hey sorry guys, my account was hacked.

To answer the original post, no, "new" GNR was not a partnership between Axl and whoever he wished to hire. I'm sure that was part of the problem. Had it been a partnership, I'm sure Slash would have been more inclined to stay. The issue was Axl being the sole owner of the new entity, with all other members of the band being relegated to employees instead of partners in the new corporate entity.

Ask one of your 6 house mates. That's where I'd start.