west coast shows vs. east coast shows

GNR 1991

i've always wondered if it's easier for axl to get on stage earlier on west coast time than east coast time. any thoughts on that? just curious. never really looked into it before.

I saw GN'R in Oakland in 2006 and they hit the stage around 12:45, which I think up until that point was one of the latest ever. This was a day or two after Axl's open letter.

I've seen them 3 times and they've always been on before 11. Just sayin'...

i noticed in your sig you've seen some west coast shit. i've always wondered if it's easier for axl to get on stage earlier on west coast time than east coast time. any thoughts on that? just curious. never really looked into it before.

It'd make sense, i think he tends to hit the stage before 11 at most west coast shows now that i think about it... Kinda weird :P

He was on around 10:00 for most of the 2010 cdn tour wasn't he? Aside from montreal i think? Most shows started before 11 on that tour anyway i think....

11:30 Toronto show but he apologized for being late.

i noticed in your sig you've seen some west coast shit. i've always wondered if it's easier for axl to get on stage earlier on west coast time than east coast time. any thoughts on that? just curious. never really looked into it before.

It'd make sense, i think he tends to hit the stage before 11 at most west coast shows now that i think about it... Kinda weird :P

He was on around 10:00 for most of the 2010 cdn tour wasn't he? Aside from montreal i think? Most shows started before 11 on that tour anyway i think....

He came on early in Montreal 2010

Was that the show he was fuckin around with the wheelchair before cd? I thought that was montreal, which was why i thought that was the latest start of that tour...

i've always wondered if it's easier for axl to get on stage earlier on west coast time than east coast time. any thoughts on that? just curious. never really looked into it before.

can anybody let us know when GNR went on stage during any west coast shows this year or last year?

Start times for the shows I've attended 2006 Jacksonville, FL midnight, 2010 Toronto 11:30, 2011 Orlando 11:30, 2011 Greenville, sc 10:30/ 10:45, 2012 Orlando UCAP 12:15/ 12:30. So to me all east coast shows ive attended have started rather late for the most part. I understand that and thankfully have the means to get hotels and taxi's. Only show ive left early was greenville show and ironically it had the earliest start time but I had a real early business meeting the next day

Wasn't Rio last year REALLY late? Like "middle of the night"? Or am I way off?

They've come on past 2 AM in S America I'm pretty sure or close to it. I think in 2010 in SA after the tornado collapsed the stage, they came on real late. RiR was was past 2 AM right??

Probably because he's still on east coast time and that gives him an extra three hours to get his arse in gear in LA? :lol:

I believe he took the stage at just past 11 pm in Vancouver last year. And he took the stage around 11:30 pm in Everett back in 06. Not sure what time he took the stage in Tacoma back in 02, but I think it may have been around 10 pm. So yeah, I don't think it really matters what Coast he's on.

He saves the latest start times for South America though. That much I do know.

Edited by Randy Lahey

(zint: last post about this, apologies for thread semi-derailment)

Yes he came out in the wheel chair during CD. It was funny as shit. Before jungle he said something like." Sorry bout the time delay got a little crazy jumping off shit last night, was getting ready for the show and was like WTF? But we r hear now"

Then later on he said something about hearing a radio DJ say GnR live tonight expect them to be on at 2 AM. "so I'm early, right?"

Great show!!