Axl and Izzy played 14 Years and DEAD FLOWERS!! - London 31.5

Guest Gunns

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Gunns

I love how Axl does things when people least expect it, I mean , we knew thanks to a member of the forum, Izzy was going to be on stage tonight, but no one new they'd perform 14 years.

Exceptional stuff!

more surprises Axl!

i mean, yeah, this is one of those times when you really notice how much his voice has changed over the years, but for the most part i thought it sounded nice - always been keen on the song and seeing axl and izzy back together is always refreshing. the fact that they haven't played it in a couple decades is also a reason it might not have sounded perfect. ;)

wouldn't it be cool if izzy helped write the next album, even if he didn't want to tour with it? and it'd certainly take a lot of the flak away from axl if he had an original bandmember contribute to the recording...

it would be awesome if izzy helped write a new gnr album it always makes me sad when seeing izzy/axl on the same stage i always said if i could pick 1 original member from gnr to comeback it would have been izzy :(

Izzy still sounds great & very, very similar to the old days. Axl on the other hand with his raspless voice doesn't suit at all the song which is a shame. If this had happened back in 2010 it'd have been a killer performance...

I gotta say, while I'm excited to hear Axl and Izzy were on stage together, I'm a little miffed as it comes on the heels of no-showing the HoF.

I really wanted to see him play with Slash, Duff, and Adler.

Maybe he's doing it for the payday? I think I recall Axl saying the last time he came out and did a couple spots, he made a little green, no?

bullshitalertbuttonl.jpg?w=450

Awesome to see. Izzy is the real fkn deal, guy is amazing and has the right attitude to music and fame.

Axl is the weak link again tho, his voice really needs some work imo. Such a shame, as he could nail these performances with a bit of preparation & fitness.

Awesome to see. Izzy is the real fkn deal, guy is amazing and has the right attitude to music and fame.

Axl is the weak link again tho, his voice really needs some work imo. Such a shame, as he could nail these performances with a bit of preparation & fitness.

Nothing wrong with the voice,Mr.Misery.

Izzy sounded great. Axl sounded decent too. Kind of weird seeing Izzy standing between BBF & Ashba. I like BBF for the most part, but that solo was totally misplaced. No offence to DJ, but I just don't really care for him with the band. He's the complete opposite of Izzy. I would love to see Izzy & Axl write songs together again, but I get the feeling he new main writing partner is probably Ashba.

Awesome surprise , video will be posted in op as it comes to light,

is this the highlight of the tour so far for you?

Thoughts on izzy playing with Axl again?

Great performance but it seems like not only 14 years are gone forever but also Axl's raw voice in this song. He sounds like someone with a nutcracker on his balls.

History was made... :rolleyes:

muppet-show.jpg

Waldorf: "Just when you think this show is terrible something wonderfull happens."

Statler: "What?"

Waldorf: "It ends."

:D

I don't care how Axl sounded, you are all just bitching.

Can't you just enjoy seeing Axl and Izzy on stage together, I just cried a little ;)

I will cry the moment they both together write another epic masterpiece.

I gotta say, while I'm excited to hear Axl and Izzy were on stage together, I'm a little miffed as it comes on the heels of no-showing the HoF.

I really wanted to see him play with Slash, Duff, and Adler.

Maybe he's doing it for the payday? I think I recall Axl saying the last time he came out and did a couple spots, he made a little green, no?

Izzy's set for life financially. If he really needed money, don't you think he would have promoted himself or been consistantly touring the last 20 years? He made tons of money from the royalties on AFD/Lies/UYI 1 & 2/GH and that is just in sales. He also probably has the most writing credits combined from those albums next to anybody else in the band except Axl. The dude has plenty of $$$.

As to the HOF, I'm guessing it didn't really mean much to Izzy. If Axl wanted to reunite and play, I'm sure Izzy would have gone for that, but there was most likely no chance of the old lineup playing even if Axl went. I don't know how anybody can get miffed because Izzy played with Axl last night. Those are the 2 guys who started GNR and have been friends for like 40 years. Their bond goes beyond just the band.