Axl and Izzy played 14 Years and DEAD FLOWERS!! - London 31.5

Guest Gunns

That was kind of terrible. Axl sounded awful without the rasp.

sometimes I guess it's the thought that counts :P

Fair enough. But anybody who thinks Axl sounded good on that is obviously deluded. I'm sure Axl himself would tell you that he sucked on 14 Years tonight. It's too bad though, because I'm sure he would have killed it with his 2010 voice.

Yes, "obviously". Because anyone who does not share your perspective must be "deluded".

Ali

That's a given. :D

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Axls Rasp of the 80s and early 90s is long gone, that is what happens when you get older and sing to much in that voice

if you ask me Axl sounded better there then he has most of the time, it sounds like his voice comes natural and he does not try that hard like he does most of the time nowadays when he sings, I am sure there is a "psychological" reason for that

You should really check out Axl from 2010; He's fucking amazing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnH0DZSfX74

sounds like Axl is trying to hard to sound like old Axl in that clip, I will take that natural voice he gave with Izzy tonight, sometimes you dont have it anymore and when you try to give it it does not sound right

Fair enough. But anybody who thinks Axl sounded good on that is obviously deluded. I'm sure Axl himself would tell you that he sucked on 14 Years tonight. It's too bad though, because I'm sure he would have killed it with his 2010 voice.

:unsure: I'm listening to it with headphones and I thought it sounded pretty awesome? I actually think Axl sounded fucking decent, so... sorry, but that's not a fair comment IMO.

:unsure: I'm listening to it with headphones and I thought it sounded pretty awesome? I actually think Axl sounded fucking decent, so... sorry, but that's not a fair comment IMO.

Are you a fan of the helium/Mickey Mouse voice? I can't help but listen to this version and think how amazing it would have sounded if Axl had his 2010 voice right now, and if they sent Bumblefoot off stage while Richard and DJ handled the other guitar parts.

Edited by Randy Lahey

Guest Gunns

Are you a fan of the helium/Mickey Mouse voice? I can't help but listen to this version and think how amazing it would have sounded if Axl had his 2010 voice right now.

It wasn't his 2010 voice, granted. However I think Axl's voice complimented Izzy's pretty well in this performance.

Are you a fan of the helium/Mickey Mouse voice? I can't help but listen to this version and think how amazing it would have sounded if Axl had his 2010 voice right now, and if they sent Bumblefoot off stage while Richard and DJ handled the other guitar parts.

Generally no, I don't like the "Mickey Mouse" voice... I just think it all works pretty well right here?

It's a lot easier for him to hit his rasp on the REALLY high notes (IE, songs like Nice Boys which you linked to) - a song like 14 Years is closer to his mid-range which he generally struggles to get a rasp out on (even in 2010).

Having said that... I don't know, I just think it sounded really good. Not just average, legitimately awesome. I'd like to see a better video though, obviously!

That was not very good. It's weird how Axl can sound amazing on certain songs that you would think he has trouble singing, then the ones you think he'd have no problem on he sounds off. Still cool to see them get up there and do that live.

i mean, yeah, this is one of those times when you really notice how much his voice has changed over the years, but for the most part i thought it sounded nice - always been keen on the song and seeing axl and izzy back together is always refreshing. the fact that they haven't played it in a couple decades is also a reason it might not have sounded perfect. ;)

wouldn't it be cool if izzy helped write the next album, even if he didn't want to tour with it? and it'd certainly take a lot of the flak away from axl if he had an original bandmember contribute to the recording...