If Izzy rejoined GnR do you think it would stop being just 'The Axl Show'

GibsonLP

No classic ex-member has a chance of rejoining. Izzy's probably as improbable as Steven. Axl doesn't want it, Izzy doesn't want it. But if this were to happen, yes, It'd be as old-school GnR as the 1993 line-up, IMO.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My pleasure ^_^

lmao seriously dude, why do you even bother in here?? I contribute more than you do..

Being totally honest none of them want a reunion.

/thread

If they wanted a reunion, it would happen already.

Duffs in charge of his own band. Slash is in charge of his. As is Axl, and Steven. Izzy is in his own reality.

No one wants it, Axl's the only one being completely honest that's all.

This is what i think would be if anything happened. Izzy is awesome, never was a huge fan of his solo work or his songs in gnr 14 years ect, but i have a huge level of respect for him. While i like duff, i adore tommy more for his work outside of gnr.. I do however think he would be the only other guy who might rejoin GNR. Izzy wont happen because well hes Izzy, Slash wont ever happen, and Steven is just to fucked up. So if anyone from the 'classic' line up was to rejoin itd be Duff..

I think Duff's enough of a pro to work with GnR that he'd be fine with how they do things, but I think it comes down to new songs and working on new music by getting some of the old vibe back, and incorporating it into the band now.

Very much agreed. I wouldn't rate it a particularly high chance- but if anyone would re-join it would be Duff IMHO. He's very professional, cares a great deal about GN'R fans, seems cool enough with Axl and is fairly tight with Bumblefoot as best we can tell. He also seems to have a mutually respectful relationship with Tommy- who might step-aside if Duff were really serious about re-joining.

That said- both Axl and Duff have to know that the reunion questions would swirrel around the band relentlessly if an alum like Duff came back on board (i.e. 3rd most important member "image-wise" in Old Guns). They probably want no part of that. I also have to believe Axl is insanely loyal to Tommy given how long they've been bandmates (also don't think Duff would really enjoy pushing Tommy out in any way if Tommy still wanted the gig, etc.).

Well since there's a snowball's chance in hell that Izzy will ever rejoin the band, according to himself and Axl both, then really what are we doing here?

Did I miss something? Totally possible as these boards look totally different from the last day or so since I've posted...

Well since there's a snowball's chance in hell that Izzy will ever rejoin the band, according to himself and Axl both, then really what are we doing here?

You're right, we should head on over to that thread about Bumblefoot's shoes instead