If Izzy rejoined GnR do you think it would stop being just 'The Axl Show'

GibsonLP

If Izzy were to rejoin GnR permanently do you think it would take some weight off of Axl's shoulders, with the band being perceived as more than just Axl's thing? Do you think Axl would be happy to share ownership of the band in this way or do you think it would be like a Batman and Robin kind of thing with a main guy and a follow-along guy?

Also do you think having Izzy appear last night is a sort of gesture from Axl to satisfy the fans that were disappointed that Axl didn't go to the HOF, to give us a taste of the original band?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know, maybe people wouldn't think it as an Axl Rose show, but Izzy wouldn't join, even if Axl wanted to. Although to general public Gn'R is Axl and Slash. Most don't care about Izzy or Duff, which is sad.

And Izzy performing last night didn't have anything to do with the HoF thing. They've done that before. It's just cool and for fun, but I wouldn't read too much into it.

Edited by jekylhyde

Every time a former member joins them on stage we get the "what if they rejoined?" threads.

In response to the question, no.

It's naive given the history of this band to think the current line up of this band will be the line up of the future. It's likely members will change in future, and it's possible that a former member could come back.

Thanks for your thought out response though...

Edited by rydog

Izzy will never rejoin. He likes doing his own thing. He'll always be bros with Axl, but he knows NuGuns isn't really GNR. It would be cool if Axl & Izzy write some songs again together, but I think a guest appearance here & there is enough for Izzy.

It will continue to be "The Axl Show".

I don't know, maybe people wouldn't think it as an Axl Rose show, but Izzy wouldn't join, even if Axl wanted to. Although to general public Gn'R is Axl and Slash. Most don't care about Izzy or Duff, which is sad.

And Izzy performing last night didn't have anything to do with the HoF thing. They've done that before. It's just cool and for fun, but I wouldn't read too much into it.

I believe Izzy has expressed an interest in rejoining in the past but isn't interested in getting mind-fucked again. I think if it was less of a headache he'd be into it.

You can't be telling me Axl is unaware of the audience and messageboard response when an original member hits the stage...

Every time a former member joins them on stage we get the "what if they rejoined?" threads.

It's naive given the history of this band to think the current line up of this band will be the line up of the future. It's likely members will change in future, and it's possible that a former member could come back.

It's far more naive to believe that there will ever be a reunion of any sort.

Umm didn't we get a reunion of a sort last night?...

Umm... Didn't Axl explain clearly enough for you that Duff and Izzy could join them on stage once in a while and that that would be the extent of it?

I believe Izzy has expressed an interest in rejoining in the past but isn't interested in getting mind-fucked again. I think if it was less of a headache he'd be into it.

Where did you hear that? I never heard Izzy mention he was interested in joining NuGuns. Can you site a source?

Just based on how NuGuns tours he wouldn't rejoin + many other reasons. He's probably working on another album too.

Umm... Didn't Axl explain clearly enough for you that Duff and Izzy could join them on stage once in a while and that that would be the extent of it?

I'm not questioning things Axl has or hasn't said, I'm replying to you saying it's naive to believe there will be a reunion of any sort, when clearly last night we got a reunion of a sort.

But no I don't take everything Axl says as the be-all and end-all, because reality sometimes differs from what he has said in the past, as it does with all of us. It's a dynamic world and things and people change. I didn't say Izzy was going to rejoin, just asked a couple of things about how people could see it going if it were to happen.

I'm not questioning things Axl has or hasn't said, I'm replying to you saying it's naive to believe there will be a reunion of any sort, when clearly last night we got a reunion of a sort.

But no I don't take everything Axl says as the be-all and end-all, because reality sometimes differs from what he has said in the past, as it does with all of us. It's a dynamic world and things and people change. I didn't say Izzy was going to rejoin, just asked a couple of things about how people could see it going if it were to happen.

IMO............Izzy will NEVER rejoin guns. Part of the reason he left was because he wasnt comfortable with how huge they became. Think he likes to be free - Axl said (I think) after last time they preformed together that he never knows where Izzy is gonna be when he calls him....

OK, ya got me on a technicality. Well played Sir.

I don't see a permanent reunion with anybody ever occuring. Axl may have a problem with release dates, but his refusal to reunite is permanent.

Where did you hear that? I never heard Izzy mention he was interested in joining NuGuns. Can you site a source?

Just based on how NuGuns tours he wouldn't rejoin + many other reasons. He's probably working on another album too.

Steven Adler has spoken frequently lately of his desire for a reunion of the original GN'R. Tell me what you think of that and how your relationship with Steven is at the present.

Izzy: “Steven lives a very confused life."

But if it were to occur, you would consider the possibility of a reunion?

Izzy: “Yes, of course. I wrote a great deal of that material."

http://chinese-democracy.blogspot.co.nz/2008/11/exclusive-interview-with-izzy-stradlin.html

I think it would be good for Axl if Izzy joined. But I don't think he wants to?

I think it would reduce the guy's stress levels considerably. It wouldn't all be on him. Plus Izzy is a great songwriter and would add some authenticity to it.

You can't be telling me Axl is unaware of the audience and messageboard response when an original member hits the stage...

I'm not saying Axl is unaware of our reaction, quite the opposite in fact. He knows very well that some of us start to fantasize about reunion or a former member joining. That would be cool, but it isn't going to happen. The man himself has said it many times. And Izzy didn't perform with Guns cause Axl tries to make up for the HoF-thing. He performed with them cause... I don't know...cause he's Izzy...

Edited by jekylhyde

i'm not that sure. it seems to me that even if all the members sans Slash returned, general slash loving public would still call them hacks

And you're basing that on what?

just a feeling. although, many fans or listeners seem to think gnr was all about slash... so we have a lot of comments on various places how gnr is nothing without slash

Steven Adler has spoken frequently lately of his desire for a reunion of the original GN'R. Tell me what you think of that and how your relationship with Steven is at the present.

Izzy: “Steven lives a very confused life."

But if it were to occur, you would consider the possibility of a reunion?

Izzy: “Yes, of course. I wrote a great deal of that material."

http://chinese-democracy.blogspot.co.nz/2008/11/exclusive-interview-with-izzy-stradlin.html

I think it would be good for Axl if Izzy joined. But I don't think he wants to?

I think it would reduce the guy's stress levels considerably. It wouldn't all be on him. Plus Izzy is a great songwriter and would add some authenticity to it.

The perfect GNR album needs an Izzy song. Every trailer should have one.

This might sound stupid but I don't know if it would be the real Guns n' Roses even if Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven all rejoined.

Indeed. The only way we can enjoy that particular version of the band again would be to browse youtube, listen to the record, or simply visit our fond memories. It is as gone as the dodo. No wait, it is even more gone because a dodo may at least be recreated through genomic cloning whereas even if we brought Axl, Izzy, Duff, Slash and Steven back together it would still not be the same.

It should be a big deal if it ever were to happen- but IMHO to most of the general public GN'R was something like:

Axl: 45%

Slash: 45%

Duff: 8%

"Other Dudes": 2%

In all truth what would be far better- and much more likely to last IMHO- would be for Izzy to step-in in a kind of "Paul Tobias" collaborator role in the writing of the next Guns album. That would be sick...