Life after GnR

maynard

We all know that, sadly, GNR won't last for much longer. We may have some albums and tours delivered on the next 10 years but after that, only the legacy will remain.

So, I ask you: How do you see the life of the current members of the band after the band finishes?

I can see guys like Richrad and Frank doing what they do best. They'll probably tour and record as session musicians.

Ron, Dizzy and Tommy have their own bands and will probably play rock n' roll in smaller venues and release one album here and there.

DJ is always busy so I guess he will still be active for a long time.

I have no idea what Chris would be up to. He looks like to prefer more studio work than a live band environment so maybe he will be a producer full time.

I believe these guys have money enough by now to have a great life but I also believe they all love music and will always find a way to do what they love.

Are they capable of filling arenas by themselves?

Can they still make their marks on the history of music?

From all the former members of the band, I'm really interested in what Robin Finck is up to, but Robin lives in his own world so I don't know what to expect from him. Buckethead has released great stuff as always since leaving GNR.

I left Axl out of the discussion. I can't even imagine what Axl will do when he "retires". It's hard to imagine an Axl Rose solo album with guests like Slash did, but that would be cool.

If this is an old discussion, sorry. It's interesting to think about these guys in 10-15 years and kinda sad to know that GnR will be just history some day and that day is not so far, if you think about it.

Edited by maynard

We all know that, sadly, GNR won't last for much longer. We may have some albums and tours delivered on the next 10 years but after that, only the legacy will remain.

So, I ask you: How do you see the life of the current members of the band after the band finishes?

I can see guys like Richrad and Frank doing what they do best. They'll probably tour and record as session musicians.

Ron, Dizzy and Tommy have their own bands and will probably play rock n' roll in smaller venues and release one album here and there.

I have no idea what Chris would be up to. He looks like to prefer more studio work than a live band environment so maybe he will be a producer full time.

I believe these guys have money enough by now to have a great life but I also believe they all love music and will always find a way to do what they love.

From all the former bands of the band, I'm really interested in what Robin Finck is up to, but Robin lives in his own world so I don't know what to expect from him. Buckethead has released great stuff as always since leaving GNR.

I left Axl out of the discussion. I can't even imagine what Axl will do when he "retires". It's hard to imagine an Axl Rose solo album with guests like Slash did, but that would be cool.

If this is an old discussion, sorry. It's interesting to think about these guys in 10-15 years and kinda sad to know that GnR will be just history some day and that day is not so far, if you think about it.

I stopped reading after that first sentence. Obviously, this is a cupcake attempt, or you're just bitter.

From all the former bands of the band, I'm really interested in what Robin Finck is up to, but Robin lives in his own world so I don't know what to expect from him. Buckethead has released great stuff as always since leaving GNR.

I stopped reading after that first sentence. Obviously, this is a cupcake attempt, or you're just bitter.

Ditto this :thumbsup:

I detest when people use the phrase "We all know" as if they are some sort of grandiose,psychic representative of the unwashed masses.

ok, gnr will last forever and axl will sing and shake that old ass in 2025 while singing wttj, if that makes you feel better. just wanted to discuss an interesting topic and i barely mentioned axl's name....

GNR and Axl will live on for eternity through the awesome hologram technology that brought back tupac. My grand children will be going to holographic GNR concerts in 40 years

this is going to happen, i give it a couple more years before michael jackson finishes those england concerts

Personally I would be more interested in if I will care in 15 years. There will be lots for me to focus on. Liver spots, cocoa, incontinence, memory loss, comfy chairs.

GnRs fan base is getting old :lol:

There is only one alternative to getting old,Cobain found it.

I'm 49 going on 18 and can outparty,outdrink,and act just as stubborn and stupid as guys half my age! Well preserved and good genetics :)

Personally I would be more interested in if I will care in 15 years. There will be lots for me to focus on. Liver spots, cocoa, incontinence, memory loss, comfy chairs.

I'm 49 going on 18 and can outparty,outdrink,and act just as stubborn and stupid as guys half my age! Well preserved and good genetics :)

The problem is, I'm kinda looking forward to all the stuff I mentioned :lol:

Jesus, I'm 32 and I'm in severe pain from overdoing it these past 6 days. Uuurgh!

HA! Points for that reply,caught me off-guard :thumbsup:

Jesus, I'm 32 and I'm in severe pain from overdoing it these past 6 days. Uuurgh!

Now that won't do Dazey,take a lot of vitamin supplements,exercise,and keep that Sharp mind intact.

Also if you smoke cigs,stop!

Vitamins are great with cranberry flavored vodka chasers ;)

You obviously have no idea how much incontinence items cost, then again with the memory loss you won't remember how much you paid last time. :rofl-lol:

Can imagine you sitting in a nursing home in your comfy chair, wearing your incontinence pads, drinking your cocoa screaming at the other people 'DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE????" :P

well not sure of the others but heres axl in 2025

I often wonder if the man that said that to Axl when he left Indianna & who likely said it to everyone, did he ever know that what he said became a huge seller still being sung all these years later? He might try to gain some royalties to his part of the song.

You obviously have no idea how much incontinence items cost, then again with the memory loss you won't remember how much you paid last time. :rofl-lol:

Can imagine you sitting in a nursing home in your comfy chair, wearing your incontinence pads, drinking your cocoa screaming at the other people 'DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE????" :P

You have no idea how much I would love that :lol:

You have no idea how much I would love that :lol:

And theyd scream back - YOU'RE IN THE......IN THE.....WE FORGET :rofl-lol: