Johnny Rotten on Axl Rose & Rock n Roll Hall of Fame

Guest Len B'stard

Mylie Kennedy.

Right, you can stop this now, then.

Once or twice was one thing, but it wasn't clever or funny to start with, and constantly calling him Mylie in every thread gets tiring quickly is no less insulting to Kennedy and his fans here than it is for people to call Axl fat or 'Axhole' or whatever other names are bandied about. We don't allow that, and we're not going to allow this.

You go girl.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last punkstar as Axl is probably the last real rockstar. They don't look back in regret and always look forward... Good on them.

No, he's not. He's just out there to offer you his peremptory opinion.

Being a punk rock star is actually being a fraud.

Being a punk is being a fraud? Dude the guy and the band as a few others started as nothing and introduced a whole new era of music that affected millions and influenced bands like GNR etc. During the 70's in UK this was a breath of fresh air. Not one of these gay half assed American wanna be punk bands... These guys were real, just Jon lydon now tends to never shut up.

No, mate you got me wrong. Being a punk feels great. You can trust me. :lol:

Nobody disputes the fact that the Pistols influenced a lot of bands, kids and what not and they still do. I know it and I can see it.

I meant that stardom and punk rock don't go well together. There're legendary punk rockers who just do their thing. Are they legends? That's no shit! Do they act as if some sort of rock stars or celebrities. Nope.

You practically said what I was trying to say.

Once or twice was one thing, but it wasn't clever or funny to start with, and constantly calling him Mylie in every thread gets tiring quickly is no less insulting to Kennedy and his fans here than it is for people to call Axl fat or 'Axhole' or whatever other names are bandied about. We don't allow that, and we're not going to allow this.

thumbsup.gifThank you!!

Edited by The Archer

And I'm damn glad that wenner's dog and pony show was derailed,refused,defused and questioned in such a public manner.

Except it wasn't derailed mate as it was quite a good show...Joe Bonamassa played a great version of "Going Down", the Ex-Gunners played well and it was great to see them on stage together again and I thought the RHCP sole the show at the end and I am not even a fan of their music....if that was derailed I will take it any day.......only one person looked foolish that night and he was not even there....... ;)

Edited by classicrawker

And I'm damn glad that wenner's dog and pony show was derailed,refused,defused and questioned in such a public manner.

Except it wasn't derailed mate as it was quite a good show...Joe Bonamassa played a great version of "Going Down", the Ex-Gunners played well and it was great to see them on stage together again and I thought the RHCP sole the show at the end and I am not even a fan of their music....if that was derailed I will take it any day.......only one person looked foolish that night and he was not even there....... ;)

Absolutley. I've been to the HOF, it's a cool place to see. I watch the inductions every year, as a music fan in general, it's always entertaining. This one however was extra special for me, as I got to watch my favorite band inducted and perform.

Absolutley. I've been to the HOF, it's a cool place to see. I watch the inductions every year, as a music fan in general, it's always entertaining. This one however was extra special for me, as I got to watch my favorite band inducted and perform.

GN'R performed at the Hall of Fame? You mean Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, Steven, Matt, Dizzy? Three of 7 inducted members didn't perform as far as I'm aware....

Edited by Indigo Miser

GN'R performed at the Hall of Fame? You mean Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, Steven, Matt, Dizzy? Three of 7 inducted members didn't perform as far as I'm aware....

All MY favorite members were there and did a great job representing the band I love. To me it was more GNR than any of the Axl shows I've seen in the last decade.

. Also, once they get that award, at that moldy museum, people seem to vanish

It depends what you do after. Because it's kindof like a lifetime achievement award, so all the hard work is done. BUT there's nothing to stop you still pushing to get the job done afterwards. Unless you run out of ammo and start making shows about bugs, and endless reunion tours with no new material.

stones-stadium-crowd1.jpg

tumblr_lzcrv53Ha71qdanvuo1_500.jpg

l.jpg

U135P200T13D420F52DT20090209004552.jpg

guns n roses was there at HOF. slash, duff, steven, matt, and gilby. miles too. they stepped up for guns n roses fans in cleveland

Johnny Rotten is a nobody. What Axl did wasn't anti-establishment or anything that deserves praise. He jipped his longtime fans and once again slapped them in the face. He is not "anti-establishment." Here is why:

-He took the stage and accepted the ridicoulous MTV Video Vanguard Award.

-He inducted Elton John into the HOF in 1994.

-He performed with Bruce Springsteen at the HOF.

-He called the HOF a "victory for the fans."

-He called the HOF a "huge honor."

Axl missed out on a special moment for Guns N' Roses fans and why? He must think there is something so evil and Slash that it goes beyong the para-normal. I thank Slash, Duff, and Steven for putting on a great show with 3/5 of Guns N' Roses. Those three sounded great, SCOM and PC sounding exactly as they should on lead guitar, bass and drums. Axl intenionally dissed the fans. The fact that he impressed Johnny Rotten, or some posters here that weren't born during Appetite means nothing to me. It was an asshole move.

John never said that Axl was anti-establishment for doing what he did, he just agreed with the concept. And as far as Johnny Rotten being a nobody, he's the singlemost important figure in popular music, changed the face of popular music for good.

The problem here appears to be not what John says but what you imagine he might mean, based on preconceptions of who he is.

Single most important figure in popular music? More important than Sinatra, Elvis, Mick Jagger, John Lennon??? If he was that important, he wouldn't be on Judge Judy.

I know Rotten didn't say Axl was anti-establishment. But it is frustrating when people in the media make it out to be as such. The reality is he was too spooked to be under the same roof as Slash. I as banned here during the HOF, but when I discovered Axl's open letter to the HOF I absolutely saw red. He and Izzy missed out on an important GNR moment. If Axl cares too much about the current GNR to show up to the HOF - if that's his reason - then record with them and give thema chance. Anyway you slice it, Axl is in the HOF. He was inducted, in the most least desirable way possible. On the flip side, Axl not going made Dizzy not show up, so it wasn't all bad....

So you were banned too during that whole sh*tshow eh? odd. I've been here since 2005, and on cd.com, the original before the split, since 2003. but god forbid I can't take anymore of this bullsh*t from Axl's band and I got banned? didn't even really say much too past 6 years.

re sailaway,

I can smell a hater.

love is stronger than hate.

btw,HOF rocked.if u don't think so you don't like rock n roll.my opinion.

I Will not be labelled by your personal standards,that is ludicrous :lol:

What I saw was not GNR,and it was easy to spot the lack of interaction between S & D.

Inviting Gilby was a questionable move,and I'm not a fan of Mylie Kennedy.

I'm glad that the three no-shows stuck to their guns and refused to be part of that mish-mash,adds a bit of venom to that when Izzy shows up to perform with GNR on the current tour,I enjoyed that subtle jab.

what i saw was velvet revolver with a shitty singer

Ha! I'm not a fan of his vocal "talents" either :lol:

I'm still glad Axl,Izzy and Dizzy refused to attend.

Whether you like Myles or not, you can't deny his talent. I'm not a Whitney Houston fan (I rather dislike her), but I won't downplay her vocal talent. I just hate her voice.

Myles is one of the more skilled vocalists in rock right now.

guns n roses was there at HOF. slash, duff, steven, matt, and gilby. miles too. they stepped up for guns n roses fans in cleveland

No. GN'R did not perform at the RRHOF. A few past members did with Myles Kennedy. The two biggest song-writers did not appear.

Johnny Rotten is a nobody. What Axl did wasn't anti-establishment or anything that deserves praise. He jipped his longtime fans and once again slapped them in the face. He is not "anti-establishment." Here is why:

-He took the stage and accepted the ridicoulous MTV Video Vanguard Award.

-He inducted Elton John into the HOF in 1994.

-He performed with Bruce Springsteen at the HOF.

-He called the HOF a "victory for the fans."

-He called the HOF a "huge honor."

Axl missed out on a special moment for Guns N' Roses fans and why? He must think there is something so evil and Slash that it goes beyong the para-normal. I thank Slash, Duff, and Steven for putting on a great show with 3/5 of Guns N' Roses. Those three sounded great, SCOM and PC sounding exactly as they should on lead guitar, bass and drums. Axl intenionally dissed the fans. The fact that he impressed Johnny Rotten, or some posters here that weren't born during Appetite means nothing to me. It was an asshole move.

John never said that Axl was anti-establishment for doing what he did, he just agreed with the concept. And as far as Johnny Rotten being a nobody, he's the singlemost important figure in popular music, changed the face of popular music for good.

The problem here appears to be not what John says but what you imagine he might mean, based on preconceptions of who he is.

No.

The Beatles.

The Beatles are the single most important figures in popular music? Well, thats sort of disputed by the small fact of them not having been in popular music since 1969, current year being 2012.

False. The Beatles hit the charts again when Across the Universe was released, hit charts again when they agreed to be on iTunes, continue to be played on classic rock stations every day, and have their songs covered by aspiring artists everywhere. Johnny Rotten or Johnny Nobody?

Whether you like Myles or not, you can't deny his talent.

That says a lot about Rock right now.

It really doesn't. I'd almost venture to say he's one of the more skilled vocalists in rock ever. I'm not sure if you've ever seen a breakdown of his technical skills or not, but he can school a lot of the classic rock vocalists. The problem is that a lot of you guys don't like his tone, and that's fine. Maybe you like his tone but not his phrasing interpretations. That's fine, too. But none of those have any bearing on his level of talent.

It does say a lot, to me it is proof that there are still great vocalists out there - I think Myles is very talented. Edit: I agree with Kill Devil Hill's post above, Myles rocks!

Edited by WhazUp

It does say a lot, to me it is proof that there are still great vocalists out there - I think Myles is very talented. Edit: I agree with Kill Devil Hill's post above, Myles rocks!

Myles's talent is undeniable.

Here's a showcase of his best highs and lows. I love how bluesy he can be:

Yeah he is great! Have you heard his stuff with Citizen Swing? It's fantastic, they have a lot of jazz and funk influences on their albums

Yeah he is great! Have you heard his stuff with Citizen Swing? It's fantastic, they have a lot of jazz and funk influences on their albums

I have not! I'll be sure to check it out this weekend. :) I've always thought his voice would be best suited for that type of music.

Okay, when it comes to Myles, perhaps I'm biased because of the Axl comparisons, but it must be admitted that some of that was very good.

Still, he does seem very familiar, almost generic - I can't help thinking, haven't I hard that same voice before? Hmm, Godsmack? No Creed, maybe? No, he replaced that guy. It's Just this gnawing feeling...

Edited by The Archer

Okay, when it comes to Myles, perhaps I'm biased because of the Axl comparisons, but it must be admitted that some of that was very good.

Still, he does seem very familiar, almost generic - I can't help thinking, haven't I hard that same voice before? Hmm, Godsmack? No Creed, maybe? No, he replaced that guy. It's Just this gnawing feeling...

The Axl comparisons are annoying. They're totally different vocalists and hardly comparable. I suppose it's hard not to compare when they're singing the same songs, but I dunno, I prefer to just ignore that part of my brain that's saying, "Axl's better." :xmasssanta:

I wouldn't say generic, though he does remind me of a handful of singers. But he's, like, a mixed bag of those singers. Like, if you put Jeff Buckley, Bono, Jimmy Gnecco, that Creed guy, and Seether into a pot and stirred 'em together, the result would be Myles.

his voice just irritates the piss out of me it just grinds on me to me. he does sound very generic

his voice just irritates the piss out of me it just grinds on me to me. he does sound very generic

I agree, he is the reason I have NOT bought Apocalyptic Love. I don't give a crap who is playing the instruments, if I don't dig the lead singer's voice then I can't get into the band or their music.

my cousin is a fan of alter bridge and thats wher ei heard his voce the first time and i hated it then to me he sounds like pretty much every other post grunge singer