When did you first become a fan of GNR?

When did you first become a fan of GNR?  

134 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I only listened to what was on the radio in the 80's, but I alwways leaned to more rock n roll stuff, and I knew of Guns from Patience and Sweet Child, but I was not what you'd call a fan.

Then in the early 90's music grabbed me and turned me into the rock n roll obsessed nutter I am today.

I think it was seeing and hearing You Could Be Mine that got me, and UYI 2 was the first proper rock album I bought, then I went on to UYI 1, AFD, then the rest is history... I've been obsessed with this band ever since! haha

Edited by metallex78

2004 I discovered them through Velvet Revolver :lol: I had always heard of them though. Anyway I dug Set me Free and the new single Slither. So read up and downloaded loads of GNR songs and I just loved them even more I downloaded. This was all influenced by my sister who was going out with an avid Slash fan at the time.

Then when contraband was released I was sorely disappointed - what a loads off shite that was. :lol:

Bought Greatest hits, never looked back!

It was 2004 for me, my friend had a lot of GN'R songs taped on a cassette player and we always used to listen in between and during class. Then I started to follow them obsessively, and found out about the new band and so on.

2006 came and I went to 13 shows, the first being Rock In Lisbon. I travelled all over to see them, places like England, France, Ireland, Scotland, Portugal, Holland, US and Canada.

To date I've seen GN'R 30 times live, and have LOVED every minute!!!...

A friend of mine who lived in NYC was turned onto them by a musician friend of his who was plugged into the Sunset Strip scene and he told me to keep an eye out for them as they were going to be big.

He had tickets to the L'Amour and Ritz shows in NYC 1987 and invited me to go and I have been hooked ever since.....they were the most electric rock shows I have ever attended next to seeing Rage Against the Machine before they broke huge in a small club back in the 80's........

Found my Ritz ticket stub one day stuffed in a book as a book marker...have no idea where the LAmour stub is............

I became a fan the night mtv aired that ritz show - those must have been great shows to be at

Very early 1988 for me - I was in grade school and watched the Welcome to the Jungle on MTV in the middle of the night. I actually rememeber rushing home from school to catch the MTV premiere of Sweet Child.

Edited by stella