For how much longer do you think Axl will keep touring and singing?

Madridista

Axl turned 50 this year. For how much longer do you think Axl will keep singing, touring, writing music, etc? 5 more years? 10 more years?

Just curious

I think that he can last till his Mid 60's if he takes care of himself. Brian Johnson is 65 and talking of going out and touring in another year or so.

He can probably tour (God-willing) as much 10-12 years more if he's willing and able IMHO.

He still puts on one hell of a show live (seen them twice in the last year) and seems to have no issues getting himself around stage and is surprisingly athletic/spry at this point in his career. He still leaves lots of younger performers in the dust on that front IMHO (even if he himself is more "limited" compared to the UYI days, etc.).

That said- he'd be wise to really get serious about adopting healthy habits both on and off the road and not relying on tours (in and of themselves) to get him "in shape", etc. as he seemingly has most of his "New Guns" career... The good news is there that there are lots of "advantages" at his disposal these days as far as nutrition, vitiamins, training and stretching methods, etc. to optimize the rest of his performing career if he wants to... I'd love to see him make that kind of commitment. It will be hard though- as he clearly loves to have a good time- and does whatever the fuck he wants...

Edited by AXL_N_DIZZY

Cool. No flames.

Mentally, I am not sure he can go another 10 years. He is really starting to look beat up and mentally exhausted. With the enablers he has around him and this personal battle to keep GNR relevant every day, I think in 5 years we'll either see an attempt at a reunion or he'll decide to keep people waiting for a verrrrrry long time for music or a tour. It's better to leave them wanting more, right?

I saw him last year and Axl was on-fire - one of the best shows I"ve attended.

I really really hope that one day Axl wakes up and realizes that is touring days are almost over, so he decides to share all his unreleased music with his FANS!!!!!!!!

How about 10 more years of touring.........but release the two albums worth of unreleased CD music (general, thyme, checkmate, etc), release the mythical album that this current band is supposed to be working on...............release one more album with this band, in say five years............then for the final album and tour, get the old guys together for one album and one tour and then retire.

I think as long as Axl feels like he can still rock it for 2 hours or more, then he should continue to do it.

Many many older rockers are still performing and touring and still rockin, so I think Axl will be able to do it too.

I guess it all depends on if Axl is having fun and enjoying performaning on stage.

I think the biggest challenge for Axl right now would be to write and release new music. I would hate for GNR to just continue to tour without continuing to write new music. I don't want Axl and GNR to become like Poison.

I like Poison and live they rock, but there hasn't been new Poison music in over 20 years. Bret seems to write for his solo cds, but no new music for Poison.

I think Axl has much more songs in him to write. I just hope it doesn't take him another 15 years or so to release it.

I think with this new GNR Axl can make some awesome music again.

You laid out the perfect scenario Groghan, unfortunately the original members reuniting for a farewell tour will never happen, I always held out hope as so many others have, but the hof was a dose of reality and the final nail in the coffin. As far as axl years are concerned he is at the end of the road. Truthfully IMO he hasn't sounded that good since 2010. I'm not saying he hasn't put on excellent shows and had some excellent vocal moments but truthfully he isn't half of what he once was.

Edited by ironmt

The ? Is will he finish this tour and disappear ala 1993-2000? Or will he still try & tour arenas etc....and play half full houses and kinda fade away? Or as karma would have it- Axl will warm to a reunion in 5yrs or so and Slash will say "ah no thanks".

Edited by Snowmass

i expect him to keep putting on subpar shows until he dies, or can hire someone else to perform his parts. if the chinese democracy years have taught me anything, it's that axl's absolutely fearless when it comes to sucking ass on a grand scale.

Edited by HisRoyalSweetness