Best show from 2006

trqster

To me, without a doubt is the 20th December 2006 show at LA.

Axl was extremely fit and energetic, his voice was on fire with plenty of rasp (even on unusual songs like November Rain) and very consistent throughout the whole show unlike some other gigs in 2006.

And with Izzy Stradlin as a guest and some exquisite songs played (Down on the farm & Think about you) it could hardly be any better.

Shit I really do miss Axl from those days still at his prime... :no:

What do you guys think?

November Rain with RASP!!! :shocked:

Think about you featuring Izzy Stradlin

Edited by trqster

I agree. Those videos are pretty amazing. Axl sounds and looks great on both, but I wouldn't say it was his "prime". Sorry, but I think he's still pretty remarkable in 2012,as well.

lolno. He's OK now....the band are the improvement if anything!

I agree. Those videos are pretty amazing. Axl sounds and looks great on both, but I wouldn't say it was his "prime". Sorry, but I think he's still pretty remarkable in 2012,as well.

lolno. He's OK now....the band are the improvement if anything!

I have to disagree. I saw 'em twice last year and once this year. 2 times back in 2006. At both The Hammerstein and LA show I saw (of 06), he had the energy and all,but it was always difficult to hear him. It was MUCH better with the more recent shows. If you put together all the elements/setlists from 2006 and 2012, I have to go with the latter. "Shacklers" " and "Sorry" are monsters live. Vocally, he really shines on those songs.

I'd never knock 2006. It was one of the most exciting times to be a GNR fan, but if Axl was singing a good 8 or 9 out of 10 then,well ... Today,it's always debatable.

To me, without a doubt is the 20th December 2006 show at LA.

Axl was extremely fit and energetic, his voice was on fire with plenty of rasp (even on unusual songs like November Rain) and very consistent throughout the whole show unlike some other gigs in 2006.

And with Izzy Stradlin as a guest and some exquisite songs played (Down on the farm & Think about you) it could hardly be any better.

Shit I really do miss Axl from those days still at his prime... :no:

What do you guys think?

November Rain with RASP!!! :shocked:

Think about you featuring Izzy Stradlin

best guns n roses live shows from 2006 and the winner is mr. robin finck ha ha

Axl sounded great in 2006. Sorry to see what's become of his voice though I enjoyed both shows I went to this and last year. But compared to 2006? There IS no comparison. I love that Nov. Rain clip, but Robin was such a hack with it. The solo was completely butchered. ugh