Chinese Democracy

wasted

The perfect combination of AFD and UYI with a whole new sound. Normally bands evolve, forgetting the past the express the band in a completely new way. GNR couldn't do that so they changed a few members for each record. On UYI they brought in Sorum and Dizzy. On CD they got virtually a whole new band. Problem solved. This allowed them to make the ultimate 90s classic rock album.

Edited by wasted

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The perfect combination of AFD and UYI with a whole new sound. Normally bands evolve, forgetting the past the express the band in a completely new way. GNR couldn't do that so they changed a few members for each record. On UYI they brought in Sorum and Dizzy. On CD they got virtually a whole new band. Problem solved. This allowed them to make the ultimate 90s classic rock album.

If you think Chinese is the best GnR album of all time, who am I stay your opinion is wrong? I think it is a good album but no where near AFD or UYI but thats my opinion. Not sure I agree with the " virtually a whole new band. Problem solved"

To me CD is the perfect album.

Sounds for all ages. My grandma likes Mad, my grandpa- ITW, my mom- TIL, my father likes CD/Scraped, I like TWAT/Sorry and my nephew loves Shackler's. Well my brothers and sisters love the rest (Pros, Better, SOD, Catcher, I.R.S.). Wow, what I'm doing here... listing like The Best Of

I've thought only Slash can create those sounds like NR and Estranged but CD has changed my belief.

It's no where near AFD or LIES or Illusions. Come on man AFD has NightTrain, Mr.Brownstone, Rocket Queen; Lies has YourCrazy, Used to Love her, Patience. Illusions are filled with epics. While I like CD it's no where near the vicinity of those three albums.

CD, Shackler's, Scraped, Riad, IRS, TWAT kind of the AFD style although they are 90s Alt rockers.

I have never played guitar in my life,but im sure i can write better riffs :xmassrudolph:

Not all great songs come from riffs, you know.. :shrugs:

CD, Shackler's, Scraped, Riad, IRS, TWAT kind of the AFD style although they are 90s Alt rockers.

I have never played guitar in my life,but im sure i can write better riffs :xmassrudolph:

Not all great songs come from riffs, you know.. :shrugs:

They do to Slash fans.

I love Chinese Democracy. It's everything I expected it to be!

Your expectations must've been very low then.

Actually no...I wanted great guitar work and complexity. Something different you know?

I'm all good thanks.

Yeah I just wanted good songs.

I waited for over a decade and I was not disappointed one bit. I have said it before, CD is probaly my fav album of all time. It is everything I could of hoped for. I hate when people bring their hate and say CD was a failure. In what way? It sold millions. Thousands of bands cannot do that in this day of age. And it is not a failure because no artist can make all their fans happy, but I bet it makes Axl satisfied that millions of his fans love it. And doesn't give a shit that people think it's shit. I am in no way an anti old lineup hater, I respect the fact that they paved the way to the GNR legacy. I write that because some think the fans who love CD are against the old lineup. Or that we are too young. I started liking GNR around the AFD era. I have moved on though, and repect Axl's vision of this Guns N' Roses. Another fn thing I hate is just because some of us think CD is an epic album, we get an lol. Or some stupid comment. Get over it! Everybody is entitled to their opinion. Not everything you like is the "best" thing out there. Back to CD.... I love all the work that CD has. Yes, like some I wish Axl would of used more rasp on some of the songs. And sometimes wonder, why he didn't? I think Bucket was Axl's perfect fit to make this album. We all know he wanted a new direction in Guns music. And Bucket did that. We all know Axl still wanted the same feel that Slash provided. The classic bluesy guitar playing. And Robin was that perfect fit. His solo's in CD were just the right feel of an older Guns album. Brain's drumming had the perfect energy. The writing that everbody contributed was great. I like how Axl let his band mates give input into the songs. It could of just been all Axl. I am sure he had songs, that were all composed by him. He gave everyone a chance, and that made the album more special. I love the album, and I am going to be listening to it till I lose my hearing.

I think that all "actual" GN'R albums are great. "Actual" as in NOT Lies and NOT Spaghetti Incident, that is ... they were something to bridge the gap (although Spaghetti didn't really do the trick, did it?)

And why do I think that ALL GN'R albums are great? Well, first of all, they all are unique. They don't sound like "AFD II" or "UYI III", they are not copies of each other. Some bands made a whole career out of copying their own albums over and over again *cough* AC/DC *cough*. The other thing about ALL GN'R albums is: There's great rock music on them. Just sit back and enjoy, don't try to compare new songs to your favourite old songs - you won't be able to discover the greatness of the new songs since they won't sound like your old favourite songs. There is no need AND no way to compare AFD to UYI and to CD.

Some things you simply shouldn't compare.

Edited by A.J.