Bands You Like

Gordon Comstock

So, people say they listen to 'lots of different things' but most people are known to listen to predominantly one genre of music with others sort of sprinkled around. People know I listen to mostly hard rock or metal, probably the same for some people on here. But what bands do you like that people say "oh, wouldn't have guessed that"? For me:

Explosions in the Sky -

Totally instrumental. It's everything from the sounds of marching into battle to drifting slowly down a river in the summertime. Calms before the devastating storm and the blissful aftermath.

Foxy Shazam -

I describe them as "if Queen beat their instruments over a gospel choir who then fell through the floor and became entwined with the jazz band playing in the basement". The self-titled album is my favorite, and it's the most upbeat.

Wintersleep -

Saw them live with a friend who's a fan, and liked them so much more after that show. They're a radio-friendly like, modern-indie-rock kinda band, but great live.

Edited by RickRoses

Foxy Shazam -

I describe them as "if Queen beat their instruments over a gospel choir who then fell through the floor and became entwined with the jazz band playing in the basement". The self-titled album is my favorite, and it's the most upbeat.

Wintersleep -

Saw them live with a friend who's a fan, and liked them so much more after that show. They're a radio-friendly like, modern-indie-rock kinda band, but great live.

good choices. Foxy is fun, and the new album is incredible! and i like orca by wintersleep. great band.

I saw The Answer a couple of years ago, they opened for ACDC. One of my new favorite band, very zeppelinish.