Fernando about CD 2

Juan Pablo

I don't see how it's a negative when a person inside the GN'R camp says their "working on" a new album.

But by the same token there isn't anything great about it either, considering Axl had been "working" on CD sind the late 90's and it came out in 2008. Fernando saying this is more like a "oh cool I guess" thing than anything else, to me it just doesn't mean much

um yep. doesn't mean much what fernando's saying about CD 2

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It obviously was not a official response or announcement, so there can't be too much expectation, but as a whole, we don't know whether they are working with existing tracks that did not come out on CD, or whether the current lineup is collaborating on new ideas, or a combination of both.

I don't see how it's a negative when a person inside the GN'R camp says their "working on" a new album.

ikr i thought people would be doing backflips lol

fortus

dj

fernando

all talking about new album sounds awesome to me :thumbsup:

Another tweet answered by Fernando today from a brazillian fan:

"@BrunoAmericana: @FLebeis Hey Fernando, whats up? We will have something new for GN'R in this year? Cheers.

@FLebeis: @BrunoAmericana Yes."

Original tweet in portuguese:

"@BrunoAmericana: @FLebeis e ai Fernando, beleza? Teremos alguma novidade esse ano no Guns? responde ai, abraço.

@FLebeis: @BrunoAmericana sim."

It obviously was not a official response or announcement, so there can't be too much expectation, but as a whole, we don't know whether they are working with existing tracks that did not come out on CD, or whether the current lineup is collaborating on new ideas, or a combination of both.

um nope

"@BrunoAmericana: @FLebeis Hey Fernando, whats up? We will have something new for GN'R in this year? Cheers.

"@BrunoAmericana: @FLebeis e ai Fernando, beleza? Teremos alguma novidade esse ano no Guns? responde ai, abraço.

Pretty sure it says 'I can clean a mean toilet'....

ikr i thought people would be doing backflips lol

fortus

dj

fernando

all talking about new album sounds awesome to me :thumbsup:

Fortus, yes. DJ has been saying, he same shit for 3 years. Fernando is a clingon. Wake me up when Axl or Ron say something. Ron's been the only completely honest member so far.

Fortus, yes. DJ has been saying, he same shit for 3 years. Fernando is a clingon. Wake me up when Axl or Ron say something. Ron's been the only completely honest member so far.

true but for someone so close to axl to say something means releasing new music had to have been discussed

true but for someone so close to axl to say something means releasing new music had to have been discussed

I think they have an unwritten rule that if a fan asks about new music they say what fans want to hear to keep interest. It's quite obvious, in my opinion, Axl has no intentions on releasing new music, ever.

What did Fernando say? Did he call it CD 2?

'working on it'

In translation: I'll just say that something is happening just to maintain a fanbase.

Was it in response to a question? Or have any context or just a random twitter?

Fernando who? Is he writting songs? Is he recording the new album? I wouldn't care if Axl himself said in his Twitter "working on it!", and I will care with what Fernando has to say? I'm not belittling the guy, but we all need to know when things are getting really ridiculous, you know? What's the next step? Axl's Mexican gardener (no prejudice here) declaring that he saw Mr. Rose singing a new song while taking a shower?

I think they have an unwritten rule that if a fan asks about new music they say what fans want to hear to keep interest. It's quite obvious, in my opinion, Axl has no intentions on releasing new music, ever.

fernando's spinnin' the unwritten rule 2 keep interest

how is this so clear? he releases an album in late 2008 tours and he is done?

Azoff was the only manager since the nineties to ever get an album out of Axl, and that was through the music industry and Best Buy.

Axl fired him, filed a lawsuit, and has toured since. If Axl really wanted to release an album and go along with the plans on promotion and whatnot, why would he file against his ex-manager?

To me it's easy. Axl doesn't want to release music. If anything he just wants to tour to pay the bills. That's where the real money is; tours. Releasing, recording and writing music gets you nowhere unless you're willing to promote it. Axl didn't do that with Chinese Democracy. What makes you think he'd even do that for another album?

Writing an album has too much risk with no gain financially. He'll tour until he can't tour anymore. Have fun with your wait.

Azoff was the only manager since the nineties to ever get an album out of Axl, and that was through the music industry and Best Buy.

Axl fired him, filed a lawsuit, and has toured since. If Axl really wanted to release an album and go along with the plans on promotion and whatnot, why would he file against his ex-manager?

To me it's easy. Axl doesn't want to release music. If anything he just wants to tour to pay the bills. That's where the real money is; tours. Releasing, recording and writing music gets you nowhere unless you're willing to promote it. Axl didn't do that with Chinese Democracy. What makes you think he'd even do that for another album?

Writing an album has too much risk with no gain financially. He'll tour until he can't tour anymore. Have fun with your wait.

its no big deal for me to wait i have waited as long as 16 years for an album i have plenty of albums to keep me busy for a long long time, and even more great albums coming out this year

your right albums dont make money anymore thats why bands wait 5+ years to make them now, and then tour. if axl releases an album and then tours he is going to make money and lots of it. no matter what kind of promotion the album has he is still going to make millions off a tour.

a new album sparks new interest and new interest makes more people turn out for concerts, thats why he will release another album

Pretty sure it says 'I can clean a mean toilet'....

LOLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!

Axl's still creating new music, musicians usually don't turn that stuff off, lyricists usually keep jotting stuff down, but putting it out is another story.

Some bands are using their rehearsal time to record music on the road, and sending the tapes off to a producer to tweak them.