Fernando about CD 2

Juan Pablo

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems like the label doesn't really do much anymore. So maybe it takes more time to work out a deal that makes it worth it.

thats what basically axl said on the TMS interview when he said he has to sort some stuff out with the label it must be a major pain in the ass to deal with

Honest question because I don't read all that many Gn'R threads anymore. What is Fernando's job in Gn'R?

I'm not sure anybody outside the band knows. He is part of the GnR "camp" and apparently has the authority to publically speak out against band members.

Hopefully he knows what is going on with the band.

It seems like the label doesn't really do much anymore. So maybe it takes more time to work out a deal that makes it worth it.

thats what basically axl said on the TMS interview when he said he has to sort some stuff out with the label it must be a major pain in the ass to deal with

I doubt the people at the labels really know how to do business. Throughout the 80s and 90s it was just a party on a huge budget. Hopefully they can work something out to get the record to the fans.

"Working on it" sounds more like trying to get deals done or get rolling in the studio. I don't take it as they are currently working on it as in recording or finalization.

Looks like a longer wait for those that thought there would be an album for the supposed tour later this year.

I still don't see the negativity in this at all. Fernando, a person very close to the band, is saying their "working on" CDII and then responds with "yes" when questioned about new music this year. How is this a bad thing? This isn't like some random news reporter or some cupcake, it's a person who actually is part of the bands management.

I still don't see the negativity in this at all. Fernando, a person very close to the band, is saying their "working on" CDII and then responds with "yes" when questioned about new music this year. How is this a bad thing? This isn't like some random news reporter or some cupcake, it's a person who actually is part of the bands management.

Agree. :thumbsup:

But he responds "yes" when someone questioned about news, no new music.

Novidade = news

same here

Why all the hate for Fernando? The guy works hard for the band as a part of their management. Sure, he's not playing instruments, but I'm sure he'll be involved in getting the album made and out there and in that sense, he's a part of the process and perfectly entitled to comment.

Some of you guys are shitting all over him and for what? A 3 word twitter post? Give the guy a break - he's a nice guy, and has been plenty helpful to fans over the years. If you have a specific problem with his management style, then fine, post it, but the personal insults with no basis simply aren't warranted or needed.

I'll believe that there's a new album on the works not when Ashba say, not when Fernando say... God, not even when Axl say.

I'll believe it when Ron say.

EDIT: I'm with Nate. I believe there's a big chance Fernando is lying to keep fans excited to the next tour. Wouldn't be the first time...

Edited by ManetsBR

So basically, Fernando is lying? I don't see the point in lying about a new album atleast being worked on. It's not like he said anything about a release date, he just said they were working on CD 2, that's it.

It seems to me some of you may be so in denial about a possibility of a new album that anything that comes out about a new album, be it Richard, Ashba, and now Fernando, it's immediately false.

And Manets, I don't think Fernando is lying to to get fans excited for a new tour. You see, Fernando Lebeis is part of a family that most of us know about, but the casual fans and concert goes have absolutely no clue about. The people that go to a concert go for the band, to hear the hits from 2 decade ago. I don't see how Fernando saying that their "working on" a new album is going to make more casual fans go to the shows.

Mhm, the acknowledgement is definitely a step above the silence.

It seems to me some of you may be so in denial about a possibility of a new album that anything that comes out about a new album, be it Richard, Ashba, and now Fernando, it's immediately false.

Because it ALWAYS is.

I don't know, but if I recall the only time we hear about new music there is never any proposed release date. There's never any hint on anything being released. The only time we heard about a new album has been Ashba's countless banter, Richards more assuring "hope" and now Fernando's "working on it." Sure, it's not really promising, but it's much better than complete silence about a new album.

Because it ALWAYS is.

I don't know, but if I recall the only time we hear about new music there is never any proposed release date. There's never any hint on anything being released. The only time we heard about a new album has been Ashba's countless banter, Richards more assuring "hope" and now Fernando's "working on it." Sure, it's not really promising, but it's much better than complete silence about a new album.

Is it though? Is it really much better?