Fernando about CD 2

Juan Pablo

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anything new, would be nice and refreshing. I wish Axl himself, could/would, put out a press release saying that's what they're doing. Probably doesn't want to set a date though because he might stick his foot in his mouth. Again. Who knows? I'm itching to hear new stuff. I highly doubt Axl's willing to rest on his laurels and would much rather go out with a really big bang and in style, than with a whimper. It's just not his character. So, in saying that, I'm betting that we're all in for a very big surprise and a special treat from GNR, sometime down the road. :)

Anything new, would be nice and refreshing. I wish Axl himself, could/would, put out a press release saying that's what they're doing. Probably doesn't want to set a date though because he might stick his foot in his mouth. Again. Who knows? I'm itching to hear new stuff. I highly doubt Axl's willing to rest on his laurels and would much rather go out with a really big bang and in style, than with a whimper. It's just not his character. So, in saying that, I'm betting that we're all in for a very big surprise and a special treat from GNR, sometime down the road. :)

I don't remember where I saw the quote, but someone in the band (I dont remember who) said that Axl wanted to keep things quiet about any new material because he felt like he set him self up for disaster during the whole pre-CD era release date stuff. So I would say the best bet as far as info goes is to look at the little bits of info we get (like this fernando tweet) and not look into radio interviews of guys in the band who say they are working on a new album, because most likely it's the same way things were in the late 90's to the mid 2000s, which was there are pleanty of instrumentals and starting points, but zero input from axl.

So DJ playing a tune to Axl doesnt mean shit as far as a new album goes. Now if DJ or anyone else in the band were to say "Axl has 14 tracks and is recording vocals as we speak" then I would say that they really are working on an album. But I could just as easily mail a cd of me playing the guitar to axl and say "well guys, there is a new cd in the works".

I don't remember where I saw the quote, but someone in the band (I dont remember who) said that Axl wanted to keep things quiet about any new material because he felt like he set him self up for disaster during the whole pre-CD era release date stuff. So I would say the best bet as far as info goes is to look at the little bits of info we get (like this fernando tweet) and not look into radio interviews of guys in the band who say they are working on a new album, because most likely it's the same way things were in the late 90's to the mid 2000s, which was there are pleanty of instrumentals and starting points, but zero input from axl.

So DJ playing a tune to Axl doesnt mean shit as far as a new album goes. Now if DJ or anyone else in the band were to say "Axl has 14 tracks and is recording vocals as we speak" then I would say that they really are working on an album. But I could just as easily mail a cd of me playing the guitar to axl and say "well guys, there is a new cd in the works".

so DJ playing a tune 2 axl means DJ is full of shit

Yes when it comes to him saying a new album is in the works. DJ could go to Axls room and say "listen to this riff I came up this"..axl says "wow, sounds awesome" DJ then goes on radio and says "We are working on a new album, I played a riff for Axl that he really liked"

Its the same way things were in the late 90's to mid 2000s. Lost of "working ideas" maybe a few songs with some starting lyrics. nowhere near close to a full new album. Go back and read chinese whispers, all of those artists who worked with Axl back then all said the same thing..."TONS of instrumentals, no vocals or lyrics on paper from Axl" So it would be the same as when axl was working with moby and moby saying "yeah we are working on a new album, i played some tracks for axl that he really liked" All the while nothing was even close to being started.

So maybe DJ doesn't think he is bullshitting, but at the end of the day it is bullshit.

Fan since '88 here. Lived through the entire CD shenanigans. I'm not falling for it this time. Axl is right, no use in hyping up or even talking about an album he has no plan on releasing anytime in the next 3 years. They still have hundreds of thousands of dollars they need to generate playing AFD-UYI-and CD songs to places all over the world that aren't the USA.

I honestly dont think the general public is waiting anyway. Save the few of us diehards that are still left. GNR has reached Dio and Ozzy status. New album, new commercial, local rock station plays the hit single for a few weeks, arena tour, play all the classics, end of promotion. The days of getting excited over co-headlining tours, amazing music videos, tour documentaries and hip singles are WAY over.

Yes when it comes to him saying a new album is in the works. DJ could go to Axls room and say "listen to this riff I came up this"..axl says "wow, sounds awesome" DJ then goes on radio and says "We are working on a new album, I played a riff for Axl that he really liked"

Its the same way things were in the late 90's to mid 2000s. Lost of "working ideas" maybe a few songs with some starting lyrics. nowhere near close to a full new album. Go back and read chinese whispers, all of those artists who worked with Axl back then all said the same thing..."TONS of instrumentals, no vocals or lyrics on paper from Axl" So it would be the same as when axl was working with moby and moby saying "yeah we are working on a new album, i played some tracks for axl that he really liked" All the while nothing was even close to being started.

So maybe DJ doesn't think he is bullshitting, but at the end of the day it is bullshit.

at the end of the day it's bullshit. it's DJ's bullshit

Spirit, that would be bad ass. They do usually like to kinda make a splash with the theme songs of those movies.

Big movie, new song, keep writing, new album next spring. 6-7 CD tracks, 6-7 new tracks. Wishful thinking, I know. But it would be awesome.

who says there's a new song? or a new song in a old or new james bond movie?

Spirit, that would be bad ass. They do usually like to kinda make a splash with the theme songs of those movies.

Big movie, new song, keep writing, new album next spring. 6-7 CD tracks, 6-7 new tracks. Wishful thinking, I know. But it would be awesome.

who says there's a new song? or a new song in a old or new james bond movie?

No one said there IS a new song, just speculation.

thank you 4 clarification. there is no new guns song. there is no new guns song in a james bond movie

ignore Queenie,she has been a no-fun,negative influence on GNR forums for years.

On topic I think many people misunderstood the word "Tentative" and blew their load/jumped the shark prematurely.

Axl have wanted to get a song to a James Bond movie in the past - maybe this is the right time! :)

Besides, they always play Live & let die, and Fortus made the song for the James Bond videogame so they might be considered, even though it would be an odd choice(!) based on past artists (maybe besides Chris cornell)

Axl have wanted to get a song to a James Bond movie in the past - maybe this is the right time! :)

Besides, they always play Live & let die, and Fortus made the song for the James Bond videogame so they might be considered, even though it would be an odd choice(!) based on past artists (maybe besides Chris cornell)

it's not the right time. nor is it happening

Guns n Roses @ Facebook:

Feeling SINFUL.

It's a long shot, but this phrase appears in the new James Bond trailer

sins.jpg

The word SIN also appears in the bible. Axl must be doing a concept album based on biblical enlightenment!

Oh wait, maybe it is a a sequel to the movie Sin City! Yeah that must be it. There must be a new Sin City movie coming and Axl is going the soundtrack!

Anyone else got any fucking stupid ideas?

The word SIN also appears in the bible. Axl must be doing a concept album based on biblical enlightenment!

Oh wait, maybe it is a a sequel to the movie Sin City! Yeah that must be it. There must be a new Sin City movie coming and Axl is going the soundtrack!

Anyone else got any fucking stupid ideas?

They actually are making Sin City part 2! Can't wait!!! Wait! Rouke was in the first one so I bet Axl will have a track in the 2nd one! It all makes sense now lol

it's not the right time. nor is it happening

what's your fucking problem man? it's all just speculation, so relax... :jerkoff: