Any updates on the Nighttrain?

PITBOSS

axl just keeps takin' you suckers' money. the beauty part is, when he calls it "integrity," suckers still believe it.

When has Axl called "taking fans money" "integrity"?

i believe it was in one of the interviews he did surrounding the release of chinese democracy, the album he and his integrity hyped for 14 years and have toured for over 10.

motherfucker is smart and ruthless! after taking metaphorical dumps in your mouths for years, he puts up a website with the same obviously empty promises of content and information, and you suckers fall for it again! and he keeps the site up, and more suckers keep falling for it! come on, at this point axl is just mocking you guys and laughing all the way to the bank. show some self respect, suckers. quit letting him ass rape your nostalgia for housekeeper money.

He didn't hype Chinese for 14 years. How do you do that math? He was hyping Chinese in January 1994? What?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

axl just keeps takin' you suckers' money. the beauty part is, when he calls it "integrity," suckers still believe it.

i believe it was in one of the interviews he did surrounding the release of chinese democracy, the album he and his integrity hyped for 14 years and have toured for over 10.

motherfucker is smart and ruthless! after taking metaphorical dumps in your mouths for years, he puts up a website with the same obviously empty promises of content and information, and you suckers fall for it again! and he keeps the site up, and more suckers keep falling for it! come on, at this point axl is just mocking you guys and laughing all the way to the bank. show some self respect, suckers. quit letting him ass rape your nostalgia for housekeeper money.

He didn't hype Chinese for 14 years. How do you do that math? He was hyping Chinese in January 1994? What?

An interesting tidbit from a 1994 interview:

Axl - We may work with Brian May on a project upcoming… We don't know… And we're hoping to pull that one off. We get along with Brian really well. .

Looks like the start of Chinese Democracy hype to me.:shrugs:

Edited by Rustycage

Soooooooooooooo, the site turned out to be a pile of shit and a ripoff to all involved? Who'd 've thunk it eh? I mean I was sooooooo sure this was going to be such a glittering success. :lol:

Isn't this something the worshippers always brag about when hyping the new management team and how the band is doing things differently now?

Who are these worshippers?

Guns N' Roses' website is much better today than at the same time last year, although there has been fuck-ups (probably groundcntl's mistake). Kudos to Team Brazil for making this happen.

Lolcano, Ali, rocketqueen, popcorn, Angeles, sailway, the list goes on and on.

People that praise everything Axl does, no matter what. People that blame everybody else for Axl's mistakes. People that base their opinions on what Axl says or does. People that hold Axl to a different standard than they do other musicians.

I used to think you were one. But u will at least occasionally say something negative. Though it seems like a lot of the time you are more interested in arguing with posters you don't like, rather than just talking about the topic. When you start demanding evidence and arguing little side small points instead of the main topic that somebody is discussing.

Look at your posts in here. In one you defend nightrain, in another you mention it isn't that great, and you blame it on somebody other than Axl. Your opinion often changes depending on who makes a comment.

Soooooooooooooo, the site turned out to be a pile of shit and a ripoff to all involved? Who'd 've thunk it eh? I mean I was sooooooo sure this was going to be such a glittering success. :lol:

Isn't this something the worshippers always brag about when hyping the new management team and how the band is doing things differently now?

Who are these worshippers?

Guns N' Roses' website is much better today than at the same time last year, although there has been fuck-ups (probably groundcntl's mistake). Kudos to Team Brazil for making this happen.

Lolcano, Ali, rocketqueen, popcorn, Angeles, sailway, the list goes on and on.

People that praise everything Axl does, no matter what. People that blame everybody else for Axl's mistakes. People that base their opinions on what Axl says or does. People that hold Axl to a different standard than they do other musicians.

I used to think you were one. But u will at least occasionally say something negative. Though it seems like a lot of the time you are more interested in arguing with posters you don't like, rather than just talking about the topic. When you start demanding evidence and arguing little side small points instead of the main topic that somebody is discussing.

Look at your posts in here. In one you defend nightrain, in another you mention it isn't that great, and you blame it on somebody other than Axl. Your opinion often changes depending on who makes a comment.

THIS ! the nightrain is a pile of shit, total rip off, a total joke, but of course the internet geeks will say it's well cool, they deserve all they get, happy they been ripped off 50 dollars to Axl retirement fund.

Axl - We may work with Brian May on a project upcoming… We don't know… And we're hoping to pull that one off. We get along with Brian really well. .

we may work a project we don't know

that's like, we'd like to have NWA and Nirvana on tour

That's not Chinese, man. He's just realized that after doing the Freddie Mercury concert that he actually knows these people now and can have them work on a project with him.

The original "plan" was to put out a traditional hard blusey GNR record, not re-invent the sound of the band. That record was not Chinese.

That's not Chinese, man. He's just realized that after doing the Freddie Mercury concert that he actually knows these people now and can have them work on a project with him.

The original "plan" was to put out a traditional hard blusey GNR record, not re-invent the sound of the band. That record was not Chinese.

Yes, he was referring to CD. Earlier in the interview he was asked about a solo project and commented something different.

Who even said that was a comment about changing the band or "reinventing?"

He hyped the next project in that interview from 94. So to the point, he WAS hyping the next project(CD) since 94.

Edited by Rustycage

Yes, he was referring to CD. Earlier in the interview he was asked about a solo project and commented something different.

He hyped the next project in that interview from 94. So to the point, he WAS hyping the next project(CD) since 94.

Hardly, so hardly.

http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=3382

In fact, read every year.

TSI's last single came out in May 94. The Estranged video didn't come out until December 93. The Estranged single wasn't out until January 1994.

Clearly, if you read what they were all saying in the press, they were in various stages of working together or not working together in 1994 and 1995. What they were working on was NOT to become Chinese. Maybe This I Love, in one form or another, but it wasn't Chinese.

That all ended in 1996 - in no way were they going to get a studio album out any earlier than 1996 and it doesn't seem like they ever pretended otherwise. And in 1997 you could say that's when re-building the band started to happen. This is when Oh My God happened. Really, the clock needs to start when the Oh My God single was released in 1999. The bulk of Chinese seems to have been worked on from 1998 to 2002. A ton we haven't heard. Then it was Robin-out, Bucket-in, Robin in, Bucket-out, Bumble-in, Robin-out... more stuff we haven't heard. It probably should have come out in 2002. So we really "waited" 6 years. Or 9 years if you start the clock at Oh My God. Not 14. Fun to say 14, but, uh, it wasn't.

Anyway.

What I have said is that the GN'R website has drastically improved under the new management but that the fan club part (Nightrain) hasn't delivered on expectations at all, although I believe most of that is groundcntrl's fault. I think I have been pretty consistent on this and I believe the reason you are confused is that you don't distinguish between the web page and Nightrain. Could you please prove your ridiculous claim that I "often change [my opinion] depending on who makes a comment"? I believe it is just you who are confused and not able to follow discussions.

Edited by SoulMonster

Hardly, so hardly.

TSI's last single came out in May 94. The Estranged video didn't come out until December 93. The Estranged single wasn't out until January 1994.

Clearly, if you read what they were all saying in the press, they were in various stages of working together or not working together in 1994 and 1995. What they were working on was NOT to become Chinese. Maybe This I Love, in one form or another, but it wasn't Chinese.

That all ended in 1996 - in no way were they going to get a studio album out any earlier than 1996 and it doesn't seem like they ever pretended otherwise. And in 1997 you could say that's when re-building the band started to happen. This is when Oh My God happened. Really, the clock needs to start when the Oh My God single was released in 1999. The bulk of Chinese seems to have been worked on from 1998 to 2002. A ton we haven't heard. Then it was Robin-out, Bucket-in, Robin in, Bucket-out, Bumble-in, Robin-out... more stuff we haven't heard. It probably should have come out in 2002. So we really "waited" 6 years. Or 9 years if you start the clock at Oh My God. Not 14. Fun to say 14, but, uh, it wasn't.

Anyway.

so what you are saying is that in the 14 years Axl has controlled the GnR name without the classic band......he has released one album. So one album in 14 years, with no word on another release.

That is a waste of talent, and a shame for GnR fans.

Nightrain hasn't delivered on expectations at all, although I believe most of that is groundcntrl's fault.

I think it's the fault of Axl, GnR and management as always. :shrugs:

I am open for that possibility, too, in the regard that they have fucked up by hiring an unprofessional team to handle the website an fan club.

Hardly, so hardly.

Anyway.

so what you are saying is that in the 14 years Axl has controlled the GnR name without the classic band......he has released one album. So one album in 14 years, with no word on another release.

That is a waste of talent, and a shame for GnR fans.

No, what I was saying was there was no 14 year wait for Chinese Democracy, no hype for 14 years, and no broken promises for 14 years.

That's all an exaggeration. There's enough to be disappointed about and enough missed opportunities to go around without exaggeration.

I think the record was turned in once or twice and rejected, so, throw Interscope, later, Universal, in there too.

What I have said is that the GN'R website has drastically improved under the new management but that the fan club part (Nightrain) hasn't delivered on expectations at all, although I believe most of that is groundcntrl's fault. I think I have been pretty consistent on this and I believe the reason you are confused is that you don't distinguish between the web page and Nightrain. Could you please prove your ridiculous claim that I "often change [my opinion] depending on who makes a comment"? I believe it is just you who are confused and not able to follow discussions.

The lesson here: It's always someone else's fault. Thank God there's always someone else to blame.

Don't waste your money I won't be renewing unless there's major improvements in terms of benefits and professionalism.

This.

I encouraged others to sign up for the site after I did and was actually accused on this forum of having been given a free membership in exchange for getting others to sign up. I can assure you that no such offer was made to me, I most definitely paid in full and feel like it was a complete and total waste of money. It will take a full on miracle for me to pay to renew in February.

Nightrain hasn't delivered on expectations at all, although I believe most of that is groundcntrl's fault.

I am open for that possibility, too, in the regard that they have fucked up by hiring an unprofessional team to handle the website an fan club.

I would say it's more than delivered on expectations to be fair! Most of us expected it to be a miserable failure and it's been exactly that! :D

No, what I was saying was there was no 14 year wait for Chinese Democracy, no hype for 14 years, and no broken promises for 14 years.

That's all an exaggeration. There's enough to be disappointed about and enough missed opportunities to go around without exaggeration.

I think the record was turned in once or twice and rejected, so, throw Interscope, later, Universal, in there too.

Bullshit.

When you start saying in 94 that "WE are planning to use Brian May on our next project."

1: The we suggests the band. 2: Brian May ended up working on some of CD so that is an after the fact verification of it being CD.

He was discussing and hyping (the Brian May collaboration) the album is 94. Sorry if you can't accept being wrong.:shrugs:

I would say it's more than delivered on expectations to be fair! Most of us expected it to be a miserable failure and it's been exactly that! :D

Heh, I hoped that since a professional company was running the site at least it would be technically flawless and a great fun, but it is like even things just associated with GN'R gets dysfunctional and faulty.

Bullshit.

When you start saying in 94 that "WE are planning to use Brian May on our next project."

1: The we suggests the band. 2: Brian May ended up working on some of CD so that is an after the fact verification of it being CD.

He was discussing and hyping (the Brian May collaboration) the album is 94. Sorry if you can't accept being wrong.:shrugs:

Axl was certainly hyping something -- the next project -- but that project just wasn't Chinese Democracy back then. It would take many turns and changes before "the project" became CD. So it is wrong to say that "Chinese Democracy" was hyped since 1994, although new music certainly was.

Bullshit.

Dude, Brian May didn't go in and record anything until 1999, like, in November or December, after the Sean Beaven '99 version of the record was basically done. It wasn't called Chinese Democracy until sometime in late 99, either.

We skipped over his 30's. He wasn't hyping a damn thing until he thought he had something to show and thought it was going to come out. There's a pattern here. Silence. Come out. <Record not out, everything explodes> Silence. Comes back out. There wasn't any hyping _or even a peep_ until 99 or 2000. You can't just take 1994 and 2008 and say he was hyping the next album for 14 years as if he was *actually* hyping something while they still had SINGLES FROM UYI BEING RELEASED.

Edited by Gagarin

Heh, I hoped that since a professional company was running the site at least it would be technically flawless and a great fun, but it is like even things just associated with GN'R gets dysfunctional and faulty.

Bullshit.

Axl was certainly hyping something -- the next project -- but that project just wasn't Chinese Democracy back then. It would take many turns and changes before "the project" became CD. So it is wrong to say that "Chinese Democracy" was hyped since 1994, although new music certainly was.

how can you not feel like a giant tool bag typing that? so that's the big stupid point that's so important to you? that's the distinction that you was so important for you to correct us over? that axl hadn't officially NAMED his turd album? so he couldn't be hyping the album itself, but only the music that would be contained on it?

jesus, what a twit you are. but okay.... i won't contest your idiotic point, weiner boy. but i do hope that the other kids at school beat you up today.

Bullshit.

Yes it was. It was a response to a question about future GNR plans.

He was asked about a possible solo album earlier in the interview where he answered completely different.

The context of the question was the next alnum, Axl says we, Brian May ended up being on CD. I don't understand what the two of you are trying to twist now. It's actually water under the bridge but he was hyping the album as early as then.

Bullshit.

Dude, Brian May didn't go in and record anything until 1999, like, in November or December, after the Sean Beaven '99 version of the record was basically done. It wasn't called Chinese Democracy until sometime in late 99, either.

We skipped over his 30's. He wasn't hyping a damn thing until he thought he had something to show and thought it was going to come out. There's a pattern here. Silence. Come out. <Record not out, everything explodes> Silence. Comes back out. There wasn't any hyping _or even a peep_ until 99 or 2000. You can't just take 1994 and 2008 and say he was hyping the next album for 14 years as if he was *actually* hyping something while they still had SINGLES FROM UYI BEING RELEASED.

What's your point? A delay in the plans? So what!? He hyped it in the interview. Just as he tried to hype anything solo by responding to a question about solo plans with "I've currently got some ideas for a top secret weapon kind of thing."

Give it up.

how can you not feel like a giant tool bag typing that? so that's the big stupid point that's so important to you? that's the distinction that you was so important for you to correct us over? that axl hadn't officially NAMED his turd album? so he couldn't be hyping the album itself, but only the music that would be contained on it?

jesus, what a twit you are. but okay.... i won't contest your idiotic point, weiner boy. but i do hope that the other kids at school beat you up today.

Hehe, are you having a bad day?

I wasn't just talking about the name but the whole idea of what the next record would be. Axl went through different phases and ideas before ending up with what turned out to be Chinese Democracy. Saying that he hyped Chinese Democracy already back in 1994 when they were working on completely different songs that would have comprised an entirely different album, is pure nonsense -- but I wouldn't expect you to see that.