Slash implies that he might be willing to work with Axl again, but it won't be about the money.

BBA

For those who are fans of the original “Guns n’ Roses,” hold your memorabilia close – it seems Axl Rose is staying true to his refusal to be inducted into the Rock n’ Roll Hall of Fame earlier this year – and a reunion between him and the other band members is never ever going to happen. Ever.

“I don’t know why everyone is so obsessed – it is not going to happen,” Slash told FOX411’s Pop Tarts column after receiving a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame last week. And call the famed guitarist (often deemed one of the all-time best) what you like – but just don’t call him a music icon.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2012/07/20/slash-original-guns-n-roses-will-never-reunite/#ixzz23B25qaeP

Read that article too. And agree- it ain't gonna happen. Axl is not gonna ever talk to the "cancer" again. He be taking it to the grave.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those who are fans of the original “Guns n’ Roses,” hold your memorabilia close – it seems Axl Rose is staying true to his refusal to be inducted into the Rock n’ Roll Hall of Fame earlier this year – and a reunion between him and the other band members is never ever going to happen. Ever.

“I don’t know why everyone is so obsessed – it is not going to happen,” Slash told FOX411’s Pop Tarts column after receiving a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame last week. And call the famed guitarist (often deemed one of the all-time best) what you like – but just don’t call him a music icon.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2012/07/20/slash-original-guns-n-roses-will-never-reunite/#ixzz23B25qaeP

Read that article too. And agree- it ain't gonna happen. Axl is not gonna ever talk to the "cancer" again. He be taking it to the grave.

Which of course is a horrible punishment to fans worldwide....

How does that imply anything about being willing to work with Axl again?

" I think the concept of getting the band back together based on money is not going to happen."

He says it won't happen "based on money". He doesn't say it won't happen otherwise.

Wow you are making a mountain out of a molehill. Thanks for your lack of contribution tho!

I thought Smash said he was finally moving on from GNR...yet he is still dwelling :rolleyes:

Attention is still needed...."look at me look at me"

He's out promoting a record. He got a question about Axl/GNR. He ALWAYS will, for the rest of his life, be asked these questions. If Axl had a record to promote and was out doing press like Slash (and most musicians do), the same questions would come up and Axl would answer them. I don't see why you guys like to think he's calling up journalists just so he can talk GNR.

Exactly. And unlike Bucketface or head or whatever his name is Salsh answers the questions. He's not running around wanting to talk Axl.

Yea Salsh sure loves the fans huh?!?! Gotta love that Salsh!!!!

He wants attention and clearly feels guilty, otherwise why feel the need to prove shit?! Axl keeps his mouth shut for a reason..its not your business or mine, really.

Oh well, lets just hate axl cuz god forbid he wont reunite.

Yes, but the article doesn't imply that Axl is willing to work with Slash again. There, the wheels just fell off.

Redhead's are the new blondes. :rolleyes:

Why? Because she grasps a simple truth that you seem to be struggling with?

DAMN that was smooth!!!

Newsflash, you're still not getting laid. :rolleyes:

:lol: You thought that was a pickup line? Sorry toots, I'm not interested in you. Just goes to show that my assessment of your reading comprehension, or lack thereof, was spot on though.

No, I just liked how you came in like Daniel LaRusso at the beach party when Johnny Lawrence refused to give Alley back her stereo. What a lady's man you are.

Yes, he is quite a gentleman! Also probably more intelligent than you since he understood my statement perfectly and there really wasn't anything in it that could be construed as 'blonde', Mr. Barbequed Meat. (See, I speak Mexican too, that would probably make Damn Smooth and myself both more intelligent than you) :)

The whole "I'm shy, hence the hat" line is BS. In the early 90's, almost in every interview he was without a hat. Even during most shows, the hat only came out occasionally. IMO, he's wearing the hat now because he's losing his hair. You hardly EVER see him without it now. I think it's pretty obvious. It's the same thing with Axl. Starting around 1993, Axl never went without a bandana and/or hat and now he never goes without.

Personally, I think it's lame. I subscribe to the Bruce Willis method of dealing with MPB. But, whatever.

The whole "I'm shy, hence the hat" line is BS. In the early 90's, almost in every interview he was without a hat. Even during most shows, the hat only came out occasionally. IMO, he's wearing the hat now because he's losing his hair. You hardly EVER see him without it now. I think it's pretty obvious. It's the same thing with Axl. Starting around 1993, Axl never went without a bandana and/or hat and now he never goes without.

Personally, I think it's lame. I subscribe to the Bruce Willis method of dealing with MPB. But, whatever.

Yes, but the article doesn't imply that Axl is willing to work with Slash again. There, the wheels just fell off.

Redhead's are the new blondes. :rolleyes:

Why? Because she grasps a simple truth that you seem to be struggling with?

DAMN that was smooth!!!

Newsflash, you're still not getting laid. :rolleyes:

:lol: You thought that was a pickup line? Sorry toots, I'm not interested in you. Just goes to show that my assessment of your reading comprehension, or lack thereof, was spot on though.

No, I just liked how you came in like Daniel LaRusso at the beach party when Johnny Lawrence refused to give Alley back her stereo. What a lady's man you are.

Yes, he is quite a gentleman! Also probably more intelligent than you since he understood my statement perfectly and there really wasn't anything in it that could be construed as 'blonde', Mr. Barbequed Meat. (See, I speak Mexican too, that would probably make Damn Smooth and myself both more intelligent than you) :)

Well congrats!!!! I've never met anyone that speaks "Mexican" before. Does that language have deep roots??

I would love to be a fly on the wall for that session.

In this corner weighing 175 pounds, Axl Rose. In the other corner weighing 150, Slash.

Remember no hitting below the belt! ha ha.

I still think that Axl and Izzy should write some new songs together. I think those songs would be fuckin awesome and show the world that Izzy and Axl still can make great songs together.

In the 90's and up until 2006/07 the herion and the JD masked the shyness for him. He also did not wear shades all the time in the 90's and he does now.

In the 90's and up until 2006/07 the herion and the JD masked the shyness for him. He also did not wear shades all the time in the 90's and he does now.

Exactly what I was going to say but decided to post a video of Slash without the hat in 2011. Also, in the early 90's the hat was present on more shows than he thinks.

Exactly what I was going to say but decided to post a video of Slash without the hat in 2011. Also, in the early 90's the hat was present on more shows than he thinks.

Yes it was.

Totally misleading title to thread. Nice interview though.

Very misleading. Slash in more complete interviews has said it more clearly "No matter how much money is involved, there will not be a reunion."

Totally misleading title to thread. Nice interview though.

Very misleading. Slash in more complete interviews has said it more clearly "No matter how much money is involved, there will not be a reunion."

Even if Axl called him one day about a reunion, Slash could just as easily pass on it. Can't assume he'd def. say yes.

Thanks for posting this amazing video! Many of us had no idea that Slash took his hat off in 2011, this is good to know.

Thanks for posting this amazing video! Many of us had no idea that Slash took his hat off in 2011, this is good to know.

This also in 2011. He looks great to me. That hat is rather silly now, he's a really good looking guy and would much better without all the ub3r l00king r0ck$t@r attire.

Slash+Perla+Renew+Vows+Spain+Ocom_zBwdc3l.jpg

Slash+Perla+Renew+Vows+Spain+9rzzvG7XjMTl.jpg

Edited by pugachev