GnR doing 12 shows in Vegas General Discussion Thread.

GunnerRose

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the band is actually working on the next record, which they claim to have been doing.

Source?

I can't be bothered to give you a list of all the interviews where band members explicitly state they are working on the next record, but check out the latest Axl interview in USA today.

Guys, I'm from Australia and would have loved to have had the opportunity to have seen one of the Vegas shows; I've been reading for quite sometime now how some of you cannot believe the lack of change if any at all in the setlist but I've sort of tried looking at it from another perspective; Axl for the first time in a long time has gone on tv for an interview, has allowed an interview with someone other then Del James etc etc...

to me personally it somewhat looks like he is trying slightly to tell people other then the die hard fans "hey I'm still alive" and to me the Vegas residency seems like an attempt to get some much needed positive advertising to prepare for a new album release so catering a setlist for a broad audience does seem like the safe thing to do and I guess creating the stage show they have is a way of trying to show they are capable of change regardless of how small or uncared for by the die hard fans it's perceived as; just my two cents...not bashing against anyone...wish I was in Vegas!!!

OMG! Those other shirts are awesome too!

God, I may just be buying every damn shirt they have.

I really want the two shirts with the band and the one shirt with Axl, but I really do like the AFD shirt with the skeleton hands and chains. That shirt is awesome too.

I just hope that they have all this merch for every show. My show is November 17 and I would hate it if they ran out of any of the GNR shirts.

I think this merch is better than last year's US tour shirts.

Wish they would have had posters of the band and Axl too. I really would love a poster of the new band with Axl.

Well this will be my second GNR show and I'm so happy to be able to see them again this soon. I'm also excited to see Vegas. I've never been, but my son has and of course, it's going to be amazing. Last year was the first Guns show i saw. Would have loved to have seen them back in the 80's or early 90's, but I was a mom raising two little kids and it wasn't possible to go then.

My kids have since then seen Velvet REvolver and my son has met Steven when he had one of his earlier bands, so I'm glad they saw most of the original members. Axl is one of my son's all time idols, so to see them again is a plus for him.

It seems to me like they are changing up the set list night after night. I think that's cool. Alot of bands do that even when they play different cities.

I don't care what they sing, as long as they perform for us fans. I am and always will be an Axl and GNR fan, so it's going to be awesome to see them again and I know my kids and I are going to have a blast!

I think Vince Neil should come onstage and he and Axl should make up and sing together! Now that would be something!

I think they should sing "Get in the ring" lol

I would pay for that! But, Vince Neil singing :nervous: My ears would hate me forever. :lol:

Dude, Vince doesn't even do what you'd call singing anymore. He talks his way through the older faster Crue songs and the fans usually sing all the chorus. lol

but it would be cool to see to see Vince come out and shake Axl's hand. lol

My son said he doesn't want Vince to ruin any of Axl's songs lol

^ So now he's on Axl's shit list, I'm assuming? Seems like anyone who mentions how he should bury the hatchet with Slash immediately becomes an enemy of Axl's.

That is incredibly wrong. Why would you post such lunacy?? Axl doesn't care about Slash...

You should be glad I'm not a mod, you'd be gone!

^ So now he's on Axl's shit list, I'm assuming? Seems like anyone who mentions how he should bury the hatchet with Slash immediately becomes an enemy of Axl's.

Why would Axl care what Alice has to say about the old lineup? He'd prob. just have a sarcastic reply for Alice. It's someone he met a handful of times, and worked with a couple of times. Alice has crossed paths with Slash way more, enough said.