GUNS N ROSES NOMINATED FOR BAND OF THE YEAR

bacardimayne

Cool

Story

Bro

I'm not sure what the point of these contests. Whoever wins usually does so because their respective fans were better organized than others. Moreover, how can you decide if you haven't seen each show? Of these bands, I only saw Guns N' Roses last year. Does that give me any kind of frame of reference? Dumb.

Fair points

Do you know what's coming, when they read your last sentence?

lol,you know deep down inside what's the truth.

Edited by Crash Diet

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, reading this thread speaks to where the band sits with its fans nowadays. Can't be good when a good portion are directed from a GNR fan forum and vote for another band. Yikes.

I'm not sure what the point of these contests. Whoever wins usually does so because their respective fans were better organized than others. Moreover, how can you decide if you haven't seen each show? Of these bands, I only saw Guns N' Roses last year. Does that give me any kind of frame of reference? Dumb.

This.

Cool

Story

Bro

Fair points

Do you know what's coming, when they read your last sentence?

lol,you know deep down inside what's the truth.

No, not the truth. Bashers are predictable. That's why I know it.

I've been on this site and rather quiet for upwards of 7 years. I can honestly say I've never seen so much hate towards the band as I do now. I'm not going to rip anyone for having an opinion... people have their reasons and that's cool by me. What I will say I don't understand why people who obviously don't like the band frequent a forum dedicated to them. I'm no fan of Poison or Motley Crue so I don't frequent their fan sites... (if they even have any.) Anyways I voted for GNR - if I was going to vote for another band I'd probably be on a different forum for Sabbath or Rush... both of whom are great bands in their own right.

Honestly... you people voting other bands like Rush and Black Sabbath - would you vote Guns if the old band was touring instead of the new band?

Honestly, maybe. It is a plus they essentially have the actual inventors behind the music, and are not just a karaoke version of their former selves. Plus, honestly, I think Rush is a better live band currently regardless.

I've been on this site and rather quiet for upwards of 7 years. I can honestly say I've never seen so much hate towards the band as I do now. I'm not going to rip anyone for having an opinion... people have their reasons and that's cool by me. What I will say I don't understand why people who obviously don't like the band frequent a forum dedicated to them. I'm no fan of Poison or Motley Crue so I don't frequent their fan sites... (if they even have any.) Anyways I voted for GNR - if I was going to vote for another band I'd probably be on a different forum for Sabbath or Rush... both of whom are great bands in their own right.

You are so right.

And do you know what's worst? That every normal poster/post/thread is being ridiculed...

Voted GNR....Nothing is better than them..not Rush, not Black Sabbath not anything.

:thumbsup:

And they know that too.

Who knows that, the people not voting for GNR? I honestly feel Rush should win this. Clockwork Angels is the best album they have put out since 1989's Presto (or maybe even Power Windows) and has such a great melting pot of a conceptual storyline and fantastic music

Dude I love Rush and Clockwork is their best album since the 80's....but honestly they are nothing compared to GNR. IMO.

Their songs are not as good as GNR and the singer ruins everything with his shit voice.

I have to disagree with you on that last bit. To me I prefer Rush to both new AND old GNR in general so I disagree with the songs not being as good - especially tunes like The Camera Eye, Xanadu, Hemispheres, 2112, etc. Personally I feel Rush as a whole sets the bar for live shows, I have seen them 3 times and am seeing them again for a fourth time later this year and I have yet to see a better live band - GNR included

I'm glad you realy appreciate Rush's music. They have a great fan in you and I know they have a huge following.

Voted GNR....Nothing is better than them..not Rush, not Black Sabbath not anything.

:thumbsup:

And they know that too.

Who knows that, the people not voting for GNR? I honestly feel Rush should win this. Clockwork Angels is the best album they have put out since 1989's Presto (or maybe even Power Windows) and has such a great melting pot of a conceptual storyline and fantastic music

Yes, most of the people that don't vote for Guns. If it was the 'old' band, they'd do it.

But now in this 'era of the complaints' they do everything to cupcake.

if they put out a kick ass record in 2012 maybe I woud have voted for them

you just stated the reason why axl should have dropped the name Guns N Roses - because this Guns N Roses is not the Guns N Roses that released AFD, UYI, or Lies -

Guns N Roses as they are constituted now have released 1 studio album of new material in 21 years - and there are more reasons to dislike the band than there are reasons to like them IMO

You are so right.

And do you know what's worst? That every normal poster/post/thread is being ridiculed...

Emoticon-Facepalm.gif

Why you Axl nutters can't take "no" for an answer?

Axl doesn't sound good on that song, what happened to his voice? --- Boo, fuckin' hater!

I wish Axl released CD II by the end of the year instead of this nonsense touring --- Boo, fuckin' hater!

Damn, DJ fucking up Robin and/or Slash solos once again --- Boo, fuckin' hater!

Slash sucks -- Great! Awesome true Gn'R fan!

You idiots want everything to be Jarmo's style. Then join his forum, and stop bitching about this here! :thumbsup:

Edited by pi2loc

You are so right.

Emoticon-Facepalm.gif

Why you Axl nutters can't take "no" for an answer?

Axl doesn't sound good on that song, what happened to his voice? --- Boo, fuckin' hater!

I wish Axl released CD II by the end of the year instead of this nonsense touring --- Boo, fuckin' hater!

Damn, DJ fucking up Robin and/or Slash solos once again --- Boo, fuckin' hater!

Slash sucks -- Great! Awesome true Gn'R fan!

You idiots want everything to be Jarmo's style. Then join his forum, and stop bitching about this here! :thumbsup:

One more time... There's a huge difference between giving an opinion and bashing every single move. Get my point?

As for Slash, have I ever said something like that? No. I appreciate every single member, I became a fan in 1990 so why would I call someone a true fan when this person says that Slash sucks?

Big difference is that I (as one of the longterm fans) don't complain but just enjoy the fact that Guns still exists. And yes, it took some time for me to accept the new line-ups. But now I'm just happy that Axl continues with the band, and is doing a great job.

Sorry but your description above is not about this 'nutter'.

Edited by RocketQueenGNR